Allied

Unconditional Love

Allied

"How could it happen?" 

Tara shook her head and kept her head down. She tried to hold her tears and looked up to Jin and Kai who seemed so tense and shock. Kai turned the knob and entered the room before anyone could stop him. 

Kai didn't say a thing as he heard Nana's sobs inside the room. Kai closed the door carefully and walked with his fast heartbeat. 

"Nana?" His voice was soft and sad. 

Kai didn't get any respond from Nana who sat beside the bed and cried. 

"Nana..." 

Nana knew who was calling her but she was too sad to reply. She couldn't even think of a respond after knowing her grandmother's sudden death. Nana buried her face with her crossed hands on the bed. Her grandmother was covered fully with white blanket, breathless. Nana felt a warm hand hug her from the side and another held her hand tightly. 

Kai kneeled down to the ground as he hugged Nana. He rested his head beside hers. Without further explanations, Kai knew what was going on with her grandmother. Kai moved his hand to Nana's head and caressed her hair gently. 

"I'm sorry." Kai whispered. He meant it, not only for her grandmother's death but also for what he had done to her. Deep inside his heart, Kai regretted for treating her badly and now he swore on his life that he would do anything just to be with her. 

 

Jin furrowed his brows after he got the answer. "What do you mean nobody knows?" 

Sanghyun, who had been there since the morning, shrugged and so did Tara. 

"The three of us were buying some food for dinner and when we got back... the breathing mask was on the floor and the infusion tool wasn't on her wrist anymore." Sanghyun explained slowly. 

Jin's face was so serious and stiff. Then he looked around the hall as if he was searching for something. Jin pointed out to the CCTV in the corner of the hallway. Sanghyun and Tara looked up. 

"Let's go check on the CCTV." 

"I'll just stay here with them. Just in case." Tara said. 

Jin nodded. 

"Should we tell Kai first?" Sanghyun asked. 

The older brother stayed silent for a moment. "No need." He walked away with Sanghyun followed him from behind. "Let him have his moment with her." 

Jin had his target on his mind already. Somehow, he knew who was the mastermind of this. Now, he just to make sure and gathered as much proves as he could before he hit on the target. 

"It's her, right?" Sanghyun questioned while they were on the lift. Sanghyun acknowledged of the troublemaker too. It was easy for them to spot it but it was hard for Kai to spot it. 

"100%." Jin simply answered. 

 

"Let me take you home, Nana." 

Nana weakly shook her head. She had calmed down for a while but still mourning. Kai and Tara stayed beside her. 

"Please, Nana. You have to rest and you can't sleep here." Tara advised her best friend. 

"Tara is right, Nana." Kai agreed. He didn't let his hand go off her shoulder. 

Nana shook her head. "I don't want to leave her... again." It was more like a whisper. Her voice was so low and weak. 

"You can come back tomorrow morning. Your grandmother will not going anywhere. I promise." Kai spoke. 

After some little persuasions, Nana agreed to stay in Tara's house for a few days. Kai decided to stay until Jin and Sanghyun came back with the result. He didn't know how or even why that could happen so suddenly. Tara told him that no one knew or saw who was the killer and what was his or her intention on killing an innocent old lady. 

 

Kai stood up when he saw two men coming. 

"How is it? Did you find anything?" 

Jin and his brother stopped in front of Kai who had been waiting in front of the room. Sanghyun took his phone out and showed a picture to Kai which he had taken from the footage of the CCTV. The picture showed a man with all black outfits entered the room where Nana's grandmother was in. His body was short and too slender for a man's figure. Unfortunately, they couldn't see the face since he was wearing a hat and a hoodie. Sanghyun slid the screen and it showed another picture. This time, the man was coming in to his car which was park in the basement. 

"We have matched the time." Sanghyun told Kai as he was still looking through the pictures. "It seems like he knows the right time to enter without catching anyone's attention." 

Kai glanced at Jin who seemed unpleasant. "Are you sure this isn't one of your little games?" 

Jin sighed. "How many times I should tell you, huh? You're being a paranoid." 

"I don't trust you." Kai replied calmly. 

"You don't have to and I don't need your trust." Jin coldly said then he moved aside and walked in to the room. 

Kai followed him with an annoyed look. Jin's eyes gazed at the room carefully and slowly. He bowed down a little bit to see what was on the under of the bed. He walked to the other side of the bed and picked up something shiny on the floor, right under where the infusion tool was placed. It was a ring. 

Kai looked confused and clueless. It looked familiar to him but he couldn't figure whose was it. "I've seen that before." 

Jin turned to him. "Then you probably know who is the person behind all of this." 

Kai furrowed his brows. Jin put the ring inside his pocket and walked out from the room. Kai ran after him and held him by the shoulder. 

"Wait." Kai stopped him. "What do you mean? So you know already who done this to Nana?" 

Jin shrugged. "Maybe." 

"Who is it?" 

"Someone you know." Jin said and let himself go from Kai's grip. 

"Tell me. I will teach that idiot some lesson." Kai spoke. 

Jin snorted. "That won't help. It will make everything even worse." 

"What will you do then? Snap his neck and kill him?" 

Jin shrugged. "If that what it takes to protect her, I will." Jin walked away. Before he went out, he turned around. "It's her not him." 

Kai was surprised. "Wait! Hold up." He told. "I will help you." 

Jin raised an eyebrow. "I don't need your help." 

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this for Nana." Kai stated. Jin stared at each other for a while. 

"Fine." Jin sighed. "But don't do anything ridiculous." 

Kai nodded like a little kid. He wanted to help Nana, not just cheering her up. He wanted to make things right again. "Tell me who is it, now." 


>>>A/N

Heeyy! :D 

Kai and Jin are finally teamed up :') 

BTW! I have a new story coming up! I will start writing it as soon as this story reaches its end. My new story is starring Kris and it's about werewolf. It's a new thing for me to write that genre so I hope you guys still like it ^_^ (HERE)

Hmmm, I need a co-author for my story (Endlessly) since I don't know if I'm going to continue it or not -__- So, If any of you is interested...please do tell me ;D 

Welcome to all new readers! :) :)

Thank you and enjoy!