Explained

Unconditional Love

 

Explained

Kai had never been more nervous than now. His heart started beating very fast and his fingers were getting colder even though it was warm enough in the room. He knew what did he want to speak about as it was perfectly planned inside his mind. He kept reminding himself to explain everything truthfully and now his chance was in front of his eyes.

Nana waited patiently for Kai to speak. Of course she was aware too what he would talk about. Nana knew this would come; after all he owed her an explanation. She felt scared – scared of knowing the truth. Despite everything he had done, she still had a strong affection for him inside her heart but she ignored it.

Kai took a deep breath. “Nana…” he began. “I want you to listen until I finish. After that, you can do whatever you want.”

Nana stayed silent.

“First of all, I want to say I’m sorry. I’m sorry for treating you badly… and I’m sorry for not being there when you need me the most.” Kai spoke. “I will explain everything to you right here right now. Start with the last incident… Believe it or not, I didn’t cheat on you. It sounds like a lie but that’s the truth. I may not be able to prove you right now but I want you to just have a little faith of me. I was tricked by… um… someone.”

Nana seemed surprised to hear his explanation. Although he sounded so sincere, she still didn’t believe him fully. She wanted to believe on what he said but…

“I will tell you later after I talk to her.” Kai gave a disgust look when he thought about the person who had tricked him. “Maybe you were once wondering why I chose you as my girlfriend or why I treated you like that.” He looked down for a moment. “The reason why I chose you because you stayed with me. You stayed with me even though I played with another girl in front of you and made you as my personal maid. At first I just wanted to play with you, I thought you would leave me like any other girls… but you didn’t. You stayed.”

“You know that my parents are rarely at home. They even rarely make a phone call with me. I never know what it feels like to have a family.” Kai scoffed. “How can I feel a family love when I even never feel my parents’ love. Sad, isn’t it? Truthfully, I want to be loved and to be cared by someone else so… that’s probably why I treated you like that. I just realized this – someone snapped my sense.”

Nana was actually aware of that. She knew Kai lacked of love.

“I want to be with you again. I want us back, Nana. During the past few weeks, I just realized that I need you as my girlfriend. I miss you.” Kai continued with looking at her eyes. “So please give me one more chance.”

Nana lowered her head.

Kai moved closer and held her hands tightly. “Please, Nana. I have changed and I can prove you.” he told. “Please.”

 

Kai put his poker face as he entered the club. As usual, there were many people – mostly drunk people – in the club. Loud music, the smell of cigarettes and alcohols lingered around and mixed into one. Kai was still trying to throw away his old life as far as possible, he never visited the club again and he gave up his alcoholic side.

Jin told him every information he knew. He was surprised to hear them and everything made sense now.

“Kai!”

Someone called him in the middle of the crowds. He could hear her high pitch voice clear enough. Kai turned around and put a fake small smile at her. She came and stood in front of him with excitement and cheerful face.

“Let’s go to a quieter place.” She assisted Kai and went to a quieter area. “It has been a while since we last met and talked. Where have you been?”

 Kai stepped back as her hand started to touch him. “Nowhere.”

“Did you miss me until you want to meet me in here?” She said seductively.

Kai didn’t answer; he gave her a serious look instead. Then his eyes looked straight behind her and smirked. She noticed it and turned her head around.

“What are you doing in here, Jin?”

Jin walked casually with his hands in pockets. “Nothing. I just want to return something.” He took out a piece of ring, which he found in the hospital room. “I believe this is yours.” Jin lifted up the ring and stopped a meter away from her. “Am I right… Mira?”

Mira looked annoyed. “So you two work together? That’s interesting. Since when?”

Kai rolled his eyes. “What do you want, Mira? Why are you doing this?”

Mira acted innocently. “Doing what?”

“Stop acting innocent.” Jin ordered.

Mira gave a smirk. “It’s fun, you know, seeing her suffer. She deserves it.”

Kai’s hands turned into fists. Jin glared at him.

“She makes me sick. It makes me even sicker to see both of you acting like heroes. What’s so good about her, huh?”

“You’re crazy, Mira.” Jin said. “I have warned you, haven’t I? Stay away from her.”

Mira rolled her eyes. “Like I care!”

“Were you the one who tricked me?” Kai asked with furrowed brows.

Mira smiled. “You are smart, Oppa. We had so much fun, right?”

Kai now remembered clearly about what happened during the party. Now he knew why he felt the girl seemed familiar to him. It was Mira, in the beginning.

“You don’t have to kill her grandmother.” Kai’s anger built up. “You are a lunatic, that’s why nobody wants you.”

“Ouch!” Mira pretended to be hurt. “That hurts, Oppa.” she ironically spoke. “Look at you! You have changed and it’s not a good thing. You are like a pathetic boy who needs love.”

Kai was about to throw a punch but Jin held it in a flash. Jin pushed Kai a little. Then he turned again to Mira who looked as if she won. Without her notice, Jin strangled her neck with his strong hand. Mira was shocked and tried to let go from his grip.

“Let…me…go”

Jin lifted her up for a while and threw her away until she fell. Mira breathed in and out in a fast rate with her hand rubbing her neck.

“What do you exactly want?” Jin asked.

Mira stood up and gave Jin a hateful gaze.

“I want him.”

Her finger pointed to Kai.


>>>A.N

Another cliffhanger :P HEHEHE... So, it isn't Tara but Mira, like most of you have guessed.

I'm so looking forward to see your comments ;D

Don't forget to check out my new story too ^___^

Thank you!