Worried

Unconditional Love

Worried

Nana spent most of her weekend in the public library, catching up all the lessons she had missed. Not just she had to do this but also she wanted to – she wanted to distract herself from everything bothered her.

After about several hours of reading and studying, Nana decided to take a break. She looked around and saw twenty or more people in there. It was always peaceful and quiet – she liked it. It didn't take a minute for Nana to think about the conversation of her friends last night. It was out of her intention to overhear their conversation.

Why did Mira do this to me? Is it because of Kai? Nana thought. Who else knows about this? Jin? Is he behind all of this too?

She had been over thinking about everything and she bet she was the last person who knew about Mira.

Why doesn't anyone tell me about this?

Nana sighed, she felt a bit helpless and guilty at the same time. She made her friends, especially Jin and Kai, struggling to solve her problems.

Her phone suddenly vibrated, making her aware again.

From: Kai

Where are you? Why weren't you answering my calls? Are you ok?

Nana stared at her phone screen for a minute and then a new message came.

From: Jin

Nana, where are you? I'm worried about you.

She didn't tell anyone that she went out to the library this morning, not even Tara. She wanted to have a moment for herself right now.

Kai had changed drastically and it was a nice of him. She liked the new Kai but somehow she felt he was being too possessive and protective. There was a part of her that was still doubting the new Kai, whether he was sincere or not.

As for Jin, he knew how to treat her right. He was more like a best friend for her than a lover. Nana was aware of his feeling towards her (woman's intuition). However she pretended to not knowing it as she didn't want to break their friendship.

 

Jin rode his motorcycle around some blocks where there was a high possibility of finding Nana. He was so worried about her, especially after having a short talk with Mira.

Mira said she wouldn't disturb Nana or Kai anymore. She also stated that she was tired already chasing the guy who never loved her.

Lies.

Why, all of a sudden, she wanted to give up? It was so unlike her.

Maybe she wants to make everyone who protects Nana loses their guard so she can strike her. Jin thought.

Jin pulled over when his phone rang.

"Have you found her?"

Jin hung up the phone immediately as he saw Nana coming out from the library. He got off from his motorcycle and ran towards her.

"Nana!"

Nana was a bit startled. She stood still with her books.

"Thank God, you're ok." Jin let out a long, deep breath.

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry that much." She smiled.

"Where have you been?"

"Library." Jin furrowed his brows. He didn't understand why she had to go to a library. "I'm still a high school student, remember? I have to study."

"You can study with Tara in her apartment."

"I know but I want to study alone." Nana explained shortly.

Jin nodded. "Come on, I'll take you home. Kai is so worried about you." 

Nana nodded but she didn't seem to be so excited about it. She remained silent throughout the ride. 

 

"Thank you." Nana said as soon as she got off. 

"No problem." Jin replied with a warm smile. 

"Are you sure you don't want to come in?" 

Jin shook his head. Nana gave him a nod and went away slowly. With just only two steps further, Nana turned around, making Jin a bit confused of her sudden action. 

"Jin..." Nana nervously called. "I'm sorry." 

"For what?" 

Nana bit her lips. "For causing you so much trouble." She looked down. "You had done generous things to me yet I did nothing." 

Jin smiled. "You don't need to apologize, Nana. I'm doing all of this because I want to." Nana tried to look at him but she was too embarrassed and too shy. "I'm your life saver, right?" 

 

"Nana!" Tara half shouted as she opened the door. "Kai! Nana is here!" Tara let Nana in. 

Nana felt her heart beat faster with no reason. 

"He was so crazy, like an idiot, when you didn't pick up his calls." Tara rolled her eyes. 

The girls could hear running footsteps coming nearer. It was Kai's, obviously. 

"Hi." Nana greeted when her eyes with his worried eyes.

"Where have you been? I have been searching you everywhere!" Kai informed as his hands held Nana's hands. 

Tara scoffed silently. "No. You spent most of your time here." It seemed Tara was so annoyed by his presence. 

"Don't listen to her." 

Nana chuckled. Later on, Nana told him where she had been and also about meeting Jin. 

"Next time, you have to tell me before you go. Ok?" 

Nana nodded as a reply. 

 

"Tara," Nana called. 

"Hm?" Tara answered but her attention was on the magazine in front of her. 

"I knew already." Her voice was softened. "I knew about what Mira did." 

Tara stopped reading and quickly shifted to her front. Her eyes widened in shock. "How... How did you know?" 

"It doesn't matter." Nana spoke. "Tell me everything." 

Tara had no choice but to tell her everything she knew. There were times where she looked so tense which made Tara stopped for a moment. The hardest part was telling her about her grandmother's cause of death. Nana tried to take everything in in an open heart and patience. 

"Why does she hate me so much? What did I do?" Nana was angry and confused. 

"Wrong question." Tara told. "The right one is what do you have that she doesn't have?" 

Nana furrowed her brows. "What do I have? I have no family and no money. I have nothing." She was quiet for a while as if she was thinking something deep. "She wants him, right?" 

Tara didn't answer her. 

"Right? She wants him. She wants Kai. That's why she did everything to make me suffer." Nana concluded. 

It is always like this, Nana said to herself. Whenever I have a chance to be closer with Kai, there will always be something that makes us still apart. Maybe.... Just maybe... He's not the one for her, never will be. 

 

Sanghyun showed a piece of paper in front of Jin's face. He had been drinking while staring at the TV which wasn't even . 

"What's this?" Jin asked without any interest. 

"I got a scholarship for my next semester." 

"Oh." 

"In the States." 

Jin lifted his head up and stared at his brother who looked so excited. It was his dream to be able to go out from here and continue his study. Jin couldn't let him go by himself just like that. He was still his brother and he needed to make sure his little brother was on the right track. 

"I'll come with you." 

"What? Why? How about your business in here? You can't just leave it." Sanghyun commented. 

Jin sighed. "Don't worry about it." He stood up with his drink on his hand. 

"What about Nana?" 

Jin stopped. "What about her?" 

"You will leave her too. Don't you love her?" Sanghyun's words made Jin speechless. It wasn't that he didn't want his brother to come along, it was just Sanghyun didn't want Jin to be worried about him. 

"She has Kai and I believe Kai will protect her, just like I always do." Jin answered without looking at Sanghyun. Jin knew he would never have her. At first he wanted to make her his but now, it was different. He realized he loved her as much as she loved Kai. His feeling wouldn't be returned. It was hopeless to chase something you couldn't even reach. "Sometimes you have to let go what you love the most." 

"And I'm letting her go." 


>>>A.N

I have decided to end this story at chapter 28 (3 more to go!) I'm making it shorter because I will get busier with my school this year and if I keep this story too long, I'm sure you will get bored. 

If I have time, I will try updating my other stories too ;) 

Thank you for reading my story until this chapter! Love you all~~ heart