Date 2.0

Unconditional Love

 

Date 2.0

(I recommend you to read this chapter while listening to sad songs ^_^ [e.q miracles in december])

"Hey." 

Nana turned around and saw Kai standing at her back. Nana smiled at him and Kai smiled back. Kai was wearing skinny jeans with a body fit top which showed his muscular chest and shoulder.

Handsome as usual. 

Nana came 10 minutes earlier and waited in front of the train station. Nana was excited yet distressed but she had committed to herself that she would enjoy her last day with Kai. 

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" Kai asked. 

Nana shook her head. Since this was her first date, she wanted to be pretty for him so she woke up early and got ready. 

"How about if we eat in that café? It sells delicious food." Kai offered while pointing out at a café, which was located across the street. 

Nana nodded. Kai walked in front of her and lead the way. They stopped for the traffic light. Although it was morning but there were many people passed by. Nana poked Kai nervously. 

Kai turned around and saw her who looked shy and scared. 

"Can I,mmm, hold your hand?" Nana shyly asked. 

The traffic light turned red and people started walking to the other side. Kai grabbed her hand tightly. "Come on." 

Nana kept looking at her hand, which was held. She smiled quietly. 

If only I can hold him like this forever.

Kai and Nana sat beside the window. After they ordered, Kai was all smiling at her as if he was so in love with her. Nana kept her head down to hide her blushing face. 

"Where do you want to go next?" Kai asked. 

Nana shrugged and lifted her head up. "Maybe we can just walk along the street or we can eat delicious ice cream around here. I saw it earlier." 

"We'll eat ice cream while we are walking along the street then." Kai suggested. 

Nana just nodded as a reply. They were still awkward with each other. Nana tried her best to forget about the break up and just enjoy the last minutes with him. 

The food was served not long after that. They ate silently. 

"Do you like it?" Kai suddenly spoke. 

"I love it! This is the best breakfast I've ever had." Nana said while smiling. 

Kai chuckled silently and Nana saw it. It was the first time ever for Nana to see him chuckling because usually Kai would give his cold and blank expression. 

The watch showed 11 o'clock when Nana and Kai were ordering their ice cream. Kai was the one who insisted to pay it and Nana couldn't do anything. 

"Kai!" 

Nana turned around when she heard a girl's voice calling Kai's name. She didn't recognize the girl. The girl was wearing a tank-top with a very short shorts and a pair of high heels. She walked towards Kai who not showing any emotion. The girl was smiling and then wrapped her hand around Kai's neck. 

"Why don't you tell me you're here?" The girl pouted and tried to kiss his cheek but Kai pushed her gently. 

Nana just stood beside Kai and looked away. She didn't want to see them making out in front of her. 

"Why should I tell you?" Kai moved her hands away from his neck. Kai placed his one hand around Nana's shoulder. "I'm with my girlfriend so step aside." 

Without waiting for the answer. Kai walked away with Nana. The girl seemed annoyed with Kai's statement but it made Nana felt happy. However, that happiness wouldn't last long as she knew he was only pretending to be his boyfriend like she wished. 

Kai's hand still on her shoulder while they were walking along the busy street. More and more people showed up and filled up myeong dong. 

"Let's go there!" Kai let go his hand from her shoulder and grabbed her hand. Kai brought Nana into a photo box. 

Nana was nothing but excited and surprised. They entered the photo box and did 6 takes. Nana gave her best facial expressions in every photo because it would be her last good memory with him. During the shots, Kai stood very close with Nana and he did what a boyfriend usually did. And then there was one take where Nana was smiling while Kai gave a kiss on her cheek. Nana was so shocked. She didn't expect him to kiss her. Fortunately, it was their last take. 

Kai noticed her surprised look after the kiss. "Sorry about that." 

Nana shook her head quickly. "No, it's fine. I was just surprised." 

Kai came out from the box and Nana followed. 

Let me live this dream for a day.

Nana clung her hand to Kai's arm. Kai was looking at the photos. Then he handed in to Nana. "Here. I bet you want to keep this." 

Nana nodded. She took the photos and put it in her bag. 

Of course he doesn't need it.

Nana sighed secretly and continued their walk. Kai acted like a sweet and loving boyfriend to Nana. He was also a gentleman towards her, he waited Nana patiently when Nana was shopping and he also picked some nice outfits, which suited Nana. They had their lunch after shopping. Nana bought clothes for herself, Tara and she also brought a sweater for her grandmother. Kai insisted to pay all the bills and Nana rejected but since Kai was so stubborn, he was the one who paid all of them. 

"Oops! Sorry miss!" 

A man suddenly bumped into Nana who was walking along the street. 

"It's ok." Nana bowed and smiled a little. 

Kai took a glimpse at the man who bumped Nana then, being the protective boyfriend, he placed his hand again around her shoulder and moved her closely to him. 

For just a day, Nana was living her dream. 

For just a day, Nana could feel what it was like to have Kai as her boyfriend. 

For just a day, Nana was being treated like a princess not a maid.

 

Nana put a bracelet around her wrist. The bracelet was almost similar with the one her parents gave it to her. She looked at it with a smile on her face and then took it off after she saw the price. She didn't want to spend too much for just a bracelet because she needed to buy other important things. 

"You want it?" 

Nana put the bracelet back on its place. "Yes but no. It was too expensive for just a bracelet." 

Kai reached out his hand and took it. He left Nana and walked straight to the cashier. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Buying this bracelet." Kai simply answered. 

"What? Why? I don't need that. Seriously, Kai. You don't have to buy me all the things that I want." Nana felt guilty for making Kai paid all the things she brought for today. 

Kai didn't listen to her. After he paid it, he took Nana's wrist and put the bracelet on her wrist. "Let's just say this is my gift for you." 

You mean your first and last gift for me. Nana said it on her mind. She looked at her wrist and smiled. 

"Thank you so much." 

Kai smiled back. "Welcome." 

 

They continued their date until the moon appeared. Time flew so fast for both of them. Nana knew it was time to say goodbye to Kai. 

They stopped walking in front of the train station where Nana waited for Kai in the morning. Nana looked down for a moment and lifted up her head again. She put a sincere yet hurtful smile. 

"Thank you so much for today, Kai." She began. "Thank you for accepting my request, thank you for the bracelet and the clothes that you have paid for me. I'm really happy right now. Thank you also for letting me to feel the love although it was only an act and for a day, I will still remember it. So this is it." Nana paused and smiled weakly at him. "Once again, I'm sorry for being such a burden, I'm sorry for not being enough for you and I'm really sorry for...loving you." Nana tried to hold her tears. Kai stared her with furrowed brows. "Tonight, you can tell all of your friends and the other students that we have finally broken up and tell them also that I was the one who dumped you. I don't want them to think that you are the bad guy, let them think that I'm the bad one. You can also tell that I cheated on you, I'm totally fine with that." Nana paused again. "Now you can finally date with the one you love, Kai. You can ignore me for the rest of your life or even hate me. I will not bothering you again." 

Before Nana could continue, there was a reminder call from the loud speaker, telling people that the train to ____, where Nana's house was located, was coming. 

Nana smiled again to Kai although Kai gave her a serious look. "Before I go, I just want you to know that it was an honor for me to be your girlfriend and to know you. I also want you to know that I love you unconditionally, Kai. Good luck and goodbye, Kim Jong In. I hope your new girlfriend can make you happy and loves you more than I do." Nana bowed and gave her last genuine smile. Nana waved at him who stood still. She ran inside so she wouldn't miss the train. 

Nana let out a long sigh and closed her eyes tightly. 

Goodbye, Kai. I love you. 

 

Nana still needed to walk from the station to her house. Since it was weekend so the street was quite lively than before. Nana kept her head down and cried. She had been crying since she got in the train. Her eyes were swollen and her face was wet because of the tears. Today was too beautiful and memorable but sadly she needed to let it all go. She needed to move on. It was the best choice she could make. 

Nana stopped for a while and looked up. There were few stars on the sky and the moon shone brightly. 

I hope you find your perfect girl, Kai. 

Nana continued walking to her house with her head looking at the ground. 

"Nana." A voice from her back called. 

Nana knew whose voice was this. She didn't turn around right away. 

"Nana." He called again with a bold tone.

Nana wiped her tears and turned around. "Wh-what are you doing in here?" 

"Why did you leave like that?" 

"Huh?" Nana was confused with Kai's question. She didn't understand what did he mean by that. "What are you doing in here, Kai?" 

Kai moved closer to her. Kai could see her swollen and teary eyes. "What are you doing?" Kai questioned back. "Why did you leave like that?" 

Nana was puzzled and a little scared. "I didn't want to miss the train." 

Kai sighed. "I could bring you back home, you know. You didn't have to take the train." Kai explained. "Our date isn't over yet. We still have about four hours before midnight." 

Oh. 

As much as Nana wanted to stop the time so she could enjoy her date a little longer, she still hoped it was over as fast as possible. She needed to wake up and leave the dream because throughout the date, the thought of him acting and pretending lingered around in her mind. She kept reminding herself from the beginning that all of his actions and sweet words were all lies. 

"Do you love me, Nana?" Kai stood in front of Nana with a serious face. Nana didn't dare to answer it, she was afraid if she answered it would make him angry. "Answer me. Do you still love me, Nana?" Kai repeated. 

Nana didn't have guts to look straight at his eyes. Nana nodded weakly. 

"Then why did you want to break up with me?" Kai's tone became more serious. 

Nana didn't know what to answer. She thought that Kai was angry with her. "Because…" Nana started. Her voice was so quiet and low. "Because you hate me and I don't want to bring more troubles to you." 

"Who said those things? Did I ever say I hate you? Have you ever heard me saying that you are a burden for me?" 

Nana shook her head. 

"Who said those things to you?" Kai asked. "Who said that you are a burden?"

Nana still couldn't meet his eyes. "It...It doesn't matter anymore." 

"It matters to me because I never say such thing." Kai's voice softened. 

Nana didn't know whom to believe. Kai was a good actor. 

"Tell me." Kai said. "Who said that?"

"Mira." Nana answered with her lowest voice. 

Kai sighed. "I knew it." He muttered. 

"I need to go inside. My grandmother is waiting for me." Nana bowed and turned around to unlock the door. It was a lie. Her grandmother wasn't waiting for her. She was probably sleeping right now. Nana just made an excuse so she could be alone and let out all the tears. 

"Then don't." Kai's statement made Nana paused. 

She really couldn't understand him. 

"Don't break up with me if you still love me." 

Nana couldn't hold her tears anymore. "I can't." She sobbed. "I have to." 

Kai didn't move a bit so did Nana. Nana didn't turn around and face him. She hated if she had to cry in front of him or anyone. 

"You are happier with other girls then when you are with me. I don't want to be a barrier of your happiness." Nana said between her sob. "I don't want just to be your cook or your maid, Kai. I want more than that but you can't give it." Nana spoke truthfully. She needed to tell this, at least before they separated. He needed to know how she really felt. "I have no choice but to break up with you. I'm sorry." 

Nana turned the key but Kai stopped her for opening the door. Kai stood right behind Nana. Nana could smell his fragrance. 

"No." Kai spoke. "What will you do if I don't want to break up with you? If I want you to be my girlfriend? Not my maid or my cook but my girlfriend." 

Nana's heart beat fast. "I was once your girlfriend." 

Kai turned Nana around with his strong hands. He placed his hands on her shoulders and bent down a bit. "You are still my girlfriend cause we're not breaking up with each other." 

Nana shook her head. "Kai, you can stop your acting. You can stop pretending that you care about me, that you don't want to break up with me." 

Kai strengthened his grips. "I'm not acting, Nana." Kai lifted up Nana's head with his gentle hand. "Look, at first I don't care if you want to break up with me but when we had our date this afternoon, I just realized something; I just realized that I don't want to lose you. Maybe I don't love you now but trust me, I will love you in the future." 

Kai's words seemed very sincere but Nana still couldn't decide whether she should still break this relationship or not. 

"Trust me, Nana. I will treat you right and protect you." Kai added. "I will not flirt with other girls anymore. So please, don't break up with me. Let me fix what I broke, let me fix everything." 

Nana just nodded as the answer. Kai smiled at her and gave her a warm embrace. Nana didn't know what to do if all of he said was a joke or a lie. She hoped she made the right decision on trusting him and cancelling the break up. 


>>>A.N

Did you think they're going to break up with each other? Well, no. I won't allow them, not now :P This story is just getting started. Kai doesn't want to break up with her because he's starting to care about her ever since his conversation with Tara. At first, I wanted to make this chapter longer than this but I will just safe it for the next chapter :D 

+80 SUBS! :) :) I LOVE YOU GUYS! 

How is it guys? What do you think about this chapter? Do you like it? Should Nana break up with him instead? Tell me what you think, ok? :D