8.

Revenge of School Hopeful

"4 more days to go..."

Taekwoon softly mumbled as he ticked the date on his calendar.

 

"Good morning hyung!"

Hongbin suddenly floated through the walls and sat beside Jaehwan.

 

"This guy looks so adorable. Maybe I should forget about Hyuk and make him my next target, don't you think so?"

He smirked at Taekwoon as he Jaehwan's hair gently.

 

"Don't touch him. Just tell me, what do you want?"

He glared at Hongbin and growled.

 

"I want revenge."

"Bin...what have you even became? You weren't like this before...Look, I really didn't know that I was the one who pushed you down."

"I'm going to take all your friends away from you, especially this dear friend of yours over here. You know it, you like him, don't you? That's why I'll be making him my first target. That's why he's been having a high fever these few days."

Taekwoon's eyes widened.

 

"So you were the one who caused him to be in this state!"

He immediately growled and lightly dragged Jaehwan away from Hongbin.

 

"Let me plan the next target... I know! Cha Hakyeon."

Hongbin smirked and stared at Taekwoon.

 

"You will never stop me, Jung Taekwoon."

He clapped twice and faded away again.

 

"Jaehwan..."

He hugged him tightly and closed his eyes shut, hoping that everything was just a dream.

 

"T-Taekwoon..."

Jaehwan softly whispered into his ears.

 

"Hm?"

He replied.

 

"I...I can't take it anymore...It's so cold..."

Taekwoon immediately placed the back of his hand on his forehead. His temperature rose up again.

 

"I'll give you another blanket to cover on."

He quickly grabbed his blanket and covered it over Jaehwan's blanket.

 

"It still feels really cold..."

Jaehwan clutched onto his shirt.

 

"I...I'll hug you to sleep."

Taekwoon immediately lied on the bed beside him and hugged him as tight as he could.

 

"I guess I did something really wrong to deserve this huh..."

Jaehwan weakly spoke and chuckled.

 

"It's not your fault...It's mine."

"What makes you say so?"

"Ho- I...I wasn't able to find you in time."

He slowly closed his eyes.

 

"Taekwoon ah..."

He suddenly spoke informally.

 

"D-Don't leave the school...Please."

He suddenly fell asleep.

 

"But I can't choose..."

Taekwoon softly whispered.

 

-----

 

"Morning Hyukkie."

Wonshik walked past by Sanghyuk.

 

"Morning hyung!"

Sanghyuk turned behind facing Wonshik and brightly smiled at him.

 

"What's that?"

"Hakyeon gave me the amount of banana milk that I've been away."

He awkwardly chuckled.

 

"Right...Where did you go anyway? Ran out of school?"

"Y-Yeah!"

He slightly stuttered.

 

"You naughty boy. By the way, where's Hakyeon hyung?"

"Hakyeonnie hyung?... He's still in the room."

"Thanks."

Wonshik waved to him and headed to Hakyeon's room.

 

*Knock knock*

 

He slightly opened the door and entered the room. He saw Hakyeon lying on Sanghyuk's bed, hugging the pillow and sleeping soundly.

 

He gently closed the door shut and sat on Hakyeon's bed.

 

"Who's there..."

Hakyeon suddenly spoke as he turned around.

 

"Me."

Wonshik replied. Hakyeon immediately got up from the bed and combed his hair with his fingers.

 

"Oh Wonshik ah! Just in time, I have something I wanted to give you."

He quickly ran to the fridge.

 

"Are you going to give me that banana milk of yours?"

Wonshik furrowed his eyebrow and followed Hakyeon.

 

"How did you know?"

"I saw Hyuk holding a bunch of them earlier on."

"I gave him the amount of banana milk to represent the days he has been missing for."

He clasped his hands and giggled. He took out a pack of banana milk and handed it over to Wonshik.

 

"It's my favourite drink, so you better not waste it!"

He stuck out his tongue.

 

"Alright~"

Wonshik gently pecked his cheek and started drinking his banana milk.

 

"Wonshik ah, I'm going to the dance room. Remember to lock the door for me when you leave."

"Arasseo~"

Hakyeon left the room.

 

-----

 

Hakyeon walked up the stairs, heading to the dance room. Suddenly, he felt a cold breeze and had goosebumps. He felt really scared and quickly ran up to the dance room.

 

He slammed the door and switched on the lights.

 

"I must be thinking too much...Maybe I should just focus on practicing my dance for the competition..."

He took a deep breath and the music. He started dancing and soon forgot about it.

 

While he was looking in the mirror while dancing, he saw a shadow on the ground. He crossed his eyebrows and looked up in the mirror.

 

Suddenly, the lights started blinking and he immediately stopped the music.

 

"W-Wonshik ah...Stop scaring me. I know you're there..."

He walked to the door and opened it.

 

There was no one in sight, and the lights were still blinking. The door suddenly slammed infront of him and a force pushing him to a corner, causing his back to hit against the wall.

 

Hakyeon couldn't move. He was being pressed against the wall.

 

He suddenly heard an evil chuckle that echoed through the room. He winced when he felt a cold and tight grip on his neck.

 

He felt his feet lifting up from the ground and his hand was grabbing onto his neck, trying to break free from the grip.

 

*Bang!*

 

The door suddenly slammed open.

 

"Hyung!~ I-"

Sanghyuk immediately ran towards him.

 

"H-Hongbin! Stop that! He's my friend!"

He grabbed Hongbin's hand and cried.

 

"Get away Hyuk. You don't understand."

Hongbin forcefully pushed Sanghyuk away.

 

"L-Let me... go.."

Hakyeon struggled to breathe.

 

The voice chuckled again.

 

"You don't remember my voice,hyung? You don't even remember me... huh?"

Hakyeon kept silent. He was running out of breath under the grip and couldn't say a single word.

 

"Let go...Please Binnie hyung...I beg you..."

Sanghyuk cried once again as tears rolled down his cheeks. Hongbin just let go of Hakyeon and Hakyeon fell onto the ground, coughing and panting heavily.

 

He felt a slight cold contact on his forehead and saw a familiar figure standing infront of him, smirking.

 

"Hyung!"

Sanghyuk immediately ran to him and hugged him.

 

Hakyeon slowly let go of Sanghyuk as his eyes widened when he finally recognized the figure.

 

"H-Hongbin?..."

He softly muttered.

 

"Oh? Didn't someone said he didn't even know anyone named Lee Hongbin in this school?"

Hongbin smirked at him.

 

"You really like this school so much, don't you? Well, too bad. It'll be closing down soon under my help."

"Y-You were the cause of it?"

Hakyeon growled and glared at him.

 

Hongbin kept silent and suddenly faded away.Hakyeon coughed weakly and sighed.

 

He slowly stood up and swallowed... things were sure going out of hand..

 


 

 

Annyeong!

 

Did everyone have a great christmas yesterday? I hoped you guys had fun with your loved ones and ate delicious food >w<

 

- Snowyx3