30.

Revenge of School Hopeful

"Hongbin..."

Wonshik slowly took small steps towards Hongbin.

 

Their ropes were all removed, because Hongbin just said he wanted to remove them.

 

"Hm?"

Hongbin softly replied as he turned to Wonshik.

 

"Let me visit Hakyeon...Please."

He looked at Wonshik for awhile and handed him a key.

 

"You guys can just leave...That's the key back to this room, if you guys even want to come back."

He faked a smile and sighed.

 

"T-Thanks."

Wonshik slightly smiled to him as he woke Jaehwan up and they both left the room.

 

"So...We can go back now?"

Jaehwan softly asked as he glanced at Hongbin suspiciously.

 

Wonshik nodded to his question and swung the keys around while looking at it.

 

"You guys can just leave...That's the key back to this room, if you guys even want to come back."

 

He softly sighed and shoved it into his pocket and halted infront of the room.

 

"Go back to your dorm. Taekwoon must have missed you alot."

He smiled at Jaehwan and waved to him.

 

"Take care of Hakyeon hyung."

Jaehwan waved to him as well and walked back to his dorm room.

 

Wonshik twisted the door knob and entered the room.

 

"Wonshik hyung!"

Sanghyuk immediately shouted and stood up from his seat.

 

Wonshik kept silent and took small steps towards Hakyeon, who was lying on the bed sleeping.

 

"How is Hakyeon?"

He asked Sanghyuk as he sat on the bed and looked at Hakyeon worriedly.

 

He gently Hakyeon's hair and sighed.

 

"He's having a high fever but he said that he didn't want to go to the hospital because all he wanted to do was just to see you."

Sanghyuk softly spoke and bit his bottom lip.

 

"Hyuk ah...I have something to give you."

Wonshik stood up from the bed and walked towards Sanghyuk, who was looking at him with a confused look.

 

He then took out the keys Hongbin gave him earlier on and placed it onto Sanghyuk's palm.

 

"These are the keys to Music Room 2."

He looked at Sanghyuk and smiled to him.

 

"I don't need this hyung. I don't want to see Hongbin."

Sanghyuk immediately snapped back and handed the keys back to Wonshik.

 

"Hongbin really loves you...He told me. And if he didn't love you at all, how am I even here right now?"

Wonshik softly chuckled and placed the keys back on his palm again.

 

"I'll take care of Hakyeon, alright?"

He patted Sanghyuk's hair and sweetly smiled to him.

 

Sanghyuk took a short glance at the keys before he looked at Wonshik.

 

"A-Alright..."

He stuttered and stood up from his seat.

 

"Thanks hyung."

He smiled to Wonshik and walked out of the room.

 

He walked up the stairs and made his way to the music room where Hongbin was...

 

He took out the keys and unlocked the door. He immediately froze at his spot when he saw Hongbin sitting at the corner, looking at the necklace with the rings.

 

He cautiously walked into the room and slowly walked towards Hongbin.

 

"Hongbin hyung..."

He softly spoke and stood behind Hongbin.

 

Hongbin immediately turned around with his eyes widened. He stood up from the ground and hid the necklace behind his back.

 

"H-How did you get in here?"

He raised a eyebrow and looked at Sanghyuk.

 

"Wonshik hyung gave me the keys to this room."

Sanghyuk replied and showed him the keys.

 

"Tell me everything you have to say and I'll leave."

He faked a smile to him and slowly hung his head afterwards.

 

"H-Hyuk ah...I'm sorry."

Hongbin's words softly trailed off as he took a step and hugged Sanghyuk tightly.

 

Sanghyuk could weirdly feel warmth around Hongbin he hugged him, even though he was just a spirit...

 

"I really just can't change myself. I really just wanted to leave this world without any regrets but I just can't do it..."

He could feel Hongbin's tears around his shirt but they didn't become wet at all and he could hear Hongbin sniffing.

 

"Please don't be mad at me."

Hongbin softly whispered as his grip grew tighter on Sanghyuk's shirt.

 

"When you gave me the necklace, I was so afraid that you would leave me forever. I was so afraid to lose you."

Sanghyuk's eyes slightly widened when he heard that sentence from Hongbin.

 

"...Afraid to lose me?"

He softly muttered and swallowed.

 

He immediately pulled Hongbin away from the hug and crossed his eyebrows.

 

"I-I don't believe you. What if you're just saying these words to make me go away again?"

He took a few steps back and covered his ears and crouched down to the ground.

 

"Hyu-"

 

"I don't want to hear anymore of your lies Lee Hongbin!"

He yelled back at Hongbin, not caring if he didn't call him 'hyung'.

 

"I'm sick and tired of everything already...alright?"

He closed his eyes shut and felt tears rolling down his cheeks.

 

After a few seconds, silence filled the whole room and no one spoke a word at all.

 

Sanghyuk opened his eyes and wiped his tears away. He stood up and turned around.

 

Hongbin wasn't at his spot anymore, but the necklace and a piece of paper was left on the ground.

 

Sanghyuk slowly walked towards it and bent down and picked both items up. He picked up the piece of paper and read the words written on it with a marker, which he didn't know how Hongbin could find it.

 

"I'm sorry...

I love you."

 

He bit his bottom lip and looked at the letter for awhile before he tore it into small pieces.

 

"That's all he can say everytime he does something wrong."

He muttered to himself in an angry tone and threw the pieces onto the ground.

 

He left the necklace ontop of the pieces of paper and stood back up. He softly sighed to himself and headed out of the room.

 

"Stop liking him already...It's not worth it."

He looked at the torn pieces for a moment and gently closed the door, locking it with the keys afterwards.

 

"I guess I'll just have to...forget everything and  move on."

He faked a smile to himself and left the key linked with the keyhole and walked away.

 

He took tiny steps away from the room, but he always had the feeling that he wanted to go back no matter much he tried to resist.

 

He clenched his fists and took a deep breath.

 

"No."

He muttered to himself and his footsteps slowly got quicker and he walked a few distance away from the music room.

 

"I won't be such a fool anymore."