35.

Revenge of School Hopeful

"I'm back~"

Wonshik happily sang as he entered the room.

 

"Where did you go?"

Hakyeon faked a smile as he looked at Wonshik.

 

"I went to grab a drink."

Wonshik replied and slightly smiled at him.

 

"Come here."

He suddenly got shocked by Hakyeon's words and immediately walked towards him.

 

"You saw everything, didn't you?"

He immediately faked a laughter and patted his head.

 

"Saw what?"

He looked at Hakyeon and faked a smile, pretending that he didn't know what he was talking about.

 

"...Nothing. Maybe I was just dreaming too much."

Hakyeon softly chuckled and softly mumbled an apology to Wonshik and lightly pecked his cheek.

 

"Hakyeon ah."

Wonshik called for Hakyeon's name as he slightly bent his knees and looked at Hakyeon.

 

"Shall we start writing our letters to each other? You said you wanted to write letters today, right?"

He chuckled as he watched Hakyeon nodded his head in excitement and grabbing a piece of paper and a pen as he smiled brightly.

 

"I'll write somewhere else while you write here."

He softly mumbled as he grabbed a piece of paper and pen as well and headed to the corner of the room.He placed the paper down and lied on the ground facing down.

 

He softly sighed as he rested his chin on his palm.

 

"Hakyeon ah."

He softly called as he turned around to look at Hakyeon.

 

"Let's have a deal."

He stood up and walked towards him.

 

"We write encouragement letters and you're only allowed to open the letter when you're feeling depressed or something similar, alright?"

He reached out his pinky finger and sweetly smiled at Hakyeon.

 

"T-That was random...but okay."

Hakyeon chuckled and linked their pinky fingers together for awhile before pulling his hand away afterwards.

 

"Don't read mine! Go back to your spot!"

He puffed his cheeks and lightly pushed Wonshik away.

 

"Alright alright."

Wonshik softly chuckled and made his way back to his spot and lied down again.

 

He grabbed onto the pen and sighed.

 

-----

 

"I'm done!"

Hakyeon loudly cheered as he folded the letter and placed it into the envelope.He then started writing on the envelope as well.

 

'To my lovely Wonshikkie~ ♡.♡'

 

He brightly smiled to himself and turned his chair around to see if Wonshik was done.

 

"Are you done?"

He cutely asked as he stood up from his seat.

 

"Yup..."

Wonshik wrote his last few words on the envelope and stood up from the ground. He then walked towards Hakyeon and exchanged their envelopes.

 

"Remember to keep your promise."

He lightly pecked Hakyeon's lips and sweetly smiled at him.

 

"I guess I'll need to open this letter soon."

Hakyeon chuckled to himself as he looked at Wonshik and smiled back.

 

"Don't say that."

Wonshik patted his head and then looked at the envelope given by Hakyeon.

 

"It's the first time I saw your handwriting. It's cute."

He softly spoke and chuckled.

 

"Thanks."

He leaned forward and pecked Hakyeon's cheeks.

 

"There's nothing to thank me for."

Hakyeon chuckled and stuck out his tongue.

 

-----

 

"Finally back!"

Jaehwan brightly smiled and ran towards his bed, plopping on it immediately.

 

"Becareful. You just ate and drank."

Taekwoon softly spoke to him as he closed the door and slightly smiled when he watched Jaehwan jumping around the room as if he was a little kid.

 

"Yah yah yah..."

He immediately ran towards Jaehwan and dragged him down.

 

"You're gonna vomit if you keep jumping around like that."

He lightly knocked Jaehwan's head and smiled.

 

"Fine." Jaehwan stuck out his tongue and chuckled.

 

"Hyung..."

His voice softened as he sat on the bed.

 

"You...seriously want to make your decision in December?"

He closed his eyes shut and bit his bottom lip, since he knew that Taekwoon was already quite annoyed with that question.

 

"You know I'm going to scold you and yet you still ask me the same thing every single time."

Taekwoon sighed and sat beside Jaehwan.

 

"I'm asking again...because Hakyeon hyung might not be able to be with us by the time you've made your decision."

He raised an eyebrow and looked at Jaehwan in confusion.

 

"W-Why? He's perfectly fine."

He stuttered as he faked a smile.

 

"I...I kinda heard Hyuk's conversation with Hongbin a few days ago. Hongbin said he cursed Hakyeon hyung and he couldn't break the curse at all."

Jaehwan plopped on the bed and covered his face.

 

"I don't know if it's true...But I'm scared."

He sat back up and sighed.

 

"I'm not saying this just to make you decide faster or anything, by the way."

He looked at Taekwoon for a second and hung his head down.

 

"You must have heard the wrong thing then."

Taekwoon faked a laughter as he stood up from the bed.

 

"Hongbin was my best friend. I know what kind of guy he is."

He turned around and faced Jaehwan.

 

"And I believe that he will never try to kill someone no matter how much he hated that person."

He clenched his fists and stomped out of the room, not wanting to hear anymore from Jaehwan.

 

"Hyung!"

Jaehwan immediately stood up as well and ran out. He caught up with Taekwoon and started panting, since Taekwoon walked quite fast.

 

"Hyung...I'm sorry, okay? Let's just...pretend I never said anything. I don't want to ruin this day."

He immediately hugged Taekwoon and looked at him with puppy eyes.

 

"Fine. But you better make sure you don't talk about it unless I do."

He nodded his head and immediately grabbed Taekwoon's hand and dragged him back into the room.

 

"Geez, you're so heavy."

He groaned loudly since Taekwoon decided to lie on Jaehwan, making it harder for him to drag him back into the room.

 

"Hey, go back in first. I need to go somewhere."

He suddenly dragged Taekwoon up and let go of him. He then lightly pecked Taekwoon's cheeks and ran off.

 

-----

 

"Hongbin hyung..."

Sanghyuk softly spoke as he closed the door and walked into the room.

 

After a few seconds, there was no reply and the room was dead silent.

 

"I know you're in there."

He rolled his eyes and sat at a corner.

 

"You can't just hide from me forever after telling me about Hakyeon hyung."

His tone grew worried as he still didn't receive a reply from Hongbin no matter how many times he called his name. He softly sighed and fell to the ground.

 

"...Hakyeon hyung..."

He muttered under his breath as he blankly stared at the ground.

 

"I shouldn't have mentioned him."

He stood back up and shook his head to sweep the thought away from his mind.

 

"Hongbin hyung..."

His voice softened at the end.

 

"Fine, if you really don't want me here."

He faked a smile and walked towards the room. He twisted the door knob and closed the door after he stepped out.

 

"Um, hey."

He immediately jumped and turned around in shock.

 

"J-Jaehwan hyung!"

He loudly yelled and looked at him with widened eyes.

 

"Did you...hear anything?"

He asked nervously as he placed his hands on Jaehwan's shoulders.

 

"I'm sorry...But I heard Hongbin telling you about...Hakyeon hyung that time."

Jaehwan hung his head and bit his bottom lip.

 

"I-Is it true?"

He looked at Sanghyuk and formed his lips into a thin line.

 

"Hyung. Don't tell anyone, alright? Not even Taekwoon hyung."

He immediately swallowed and slightly nodded.

 

"This secret is just between the two of us. No one else can know about this."

Sanghyuk patted Jaehwan's shoulders and smiled to him.

 

"My only wish now, is for Hakyeon hyung to live when that time comes."

 

-----

 

Last Chapter before I go hiatus ㅇㅅㅇ Exams starting next week already. Good luck to me and Baek_exoloves <- My best friend and someone who changes her mood really quickly :D