10a. (Triple update 1/3)

Revenge of School Hopeful

Hakyeon didn't sleep at all for the day. 

 

He spent his night in the hospital, crying and praying for Sanghyuk to wake up. He was in a coma and the doctor couldn't predict when he would be awake too. 

 

"Hot chocolate delivery." 

Wonshik entered the room and handed Hakyeon his hot chocolate. 

 

"How did he fall?" 

Hakyeon slightly choked on his drink. 

 

Wonshik didn't know a thing about Hongbin at all, since nobody mentioned anything about it to him. 

 

"I don't know either...I was just walking down to take a walk when I suddenly saw Hyukkie lying on the ground...I guess he fell by accident."

 A tear rolled down his cheek again. 

 

He felt guilty, because Wonshik was the only one among their friends to not know a single thing about Hongbin.

 

"Don't cry...I'm sure he'll be alright." 

Wonshik faked a smile and wiped Hakyeon's tears with his thumb. He gently pecked his forehead and held his hand. Hakyeon shyly smiled back but sighed when Wonshik turned away. 

 

He wondered why had everything went out of hand once Hongbin appeared. Hongbin was the cause of everything. 

 

Suddenly, he saw Hongbin floating into the room and standing beside Sanghyuk. Hakyeon wanted to scream and chase him out of the room immediately, but Wonshik was still in the room and he might think that he was crazy if he screamed at nobody. He furrowed his eyebrows at him and used his eyes to signal him to get out of the room. Hongbin took a glance at him for awhile and ignored him as he patted Sanghyuk's hair gently. 

 

"I have to go to the washroom. Be right back." 

Wonshik pecked Hakyeon's cheek and walked out of the ward room. 

 

When the doors closed, Hakyeon inmediately stood up from the chair. 

 

"Get away from Hyuk." 

"I'm really sorry. And it was an accident." 

"Taekwoon also killed you by accident and you didn't forgive him at all. You even tried to harm his friends. So why should I even forgive you? What if you harm Hyukkie again?" 

"He's my close friend. I wasn't even planning to harm him." 

"Yeah right." 

He rolled his eyes.

 

"First, you hurt me. And now it's him. Then who's next?" 

"I...I was actually cursing Jaehwan first." 

He softly admitted. 

 

"What do you want from us?!" 

"I wanted revenge. But I snapped out of it once I saw Sanghyuk rolling down the stairs."

"...Just get out. I don't think he wants to see you either when he wakes up." 

Hakyeon sat back down on his chair and folded his arms. 

 

"What are you waiting for?"

He growled at him and rolled his eyes once again. Hongbin sighed and floated out of the room. 

 

----- 

 

"2 more days..." 

Taekwoon groaned in annoyance. 

 

"Hyung...Can we talk?" 

He looked at Jaehwan and raised an eyebrow.

 

"What is it?" 

He sat beside Jaehwan on his bed. 

 

"What will you do...If I suddenly die one day?"

"Yah." 

He immediately shouted back without hestitation. 

 

"Don't you dare think of yourself in that way. You're not allowed to say these things to me, alright?" 

"Alright..."

Jaehwan weakly smiled at him. 


*Rring Rrring!*


Taekwoon picked up the call. 

"Hello?" 

"Taekwoon ah...Hyukkie...He got hospitalised..." 

Hakyeon's voice was trembling. 

 

"W-What? What happened?" 

"He... fell down the stairs." 

Taekwoon's eyes widened. The only culprit he immediately thought of was Hongbin. 

 

"You can come over to the hospital, I'll take care of Jaehwan. But wait for me to come back before you go." 

"Okay." 

He ended the call and shoved his phone into his pocket. 

 

"What happened?" 

Jaehwan asked worriedly, not knowing a single thing of what was going on. 

 

"I have to meet someone outside the school. Hakyeon will take care of you while I'm out." 

"O-Okay..." 

Jaehwan looked into his eyes and immediately knew that he was lying, but he didn't want to question him. 


----- 


*Knock knock* 


Taekwoon rushed towards the door and twisted the door knob. 

 

"I'll be going. Take good care of him while I'm gone. Tell me if he misbehaves." 

He softly whispered into his ears and left the room. 

 

"Annyeong Jaehwan! Are you feeling better now?" 

Hakyeon brightly smiled at him and sat beside him on the bed. 

 

"Much better now. Hyung...What happened? Why is Taekwoon leaving of all the sudden?" 

"H-He has to meet someone outside the school. But he'll be back soon."

Jaehwan sat up on the bed and sighed. 

 

"Do you know who's leaving the school next?" 

"No...But I hope no one leaves this month." 

Hakyeon clasped his hands and closed his eyes for a second before opening his eyes again. 

 

'Taekwoon didn't tell him...' 

 

"Nevermind! Talking about these things ruins our mood. I brought banana milk for you!" 

He took out two packets of banana milk and placed it on the table. 

 

"T-Thanks..."

Jaehwan awkwardly chuckled and sighed afterwards. 

 

"I've been sick for so long...I don't even know what's going on around the school anymore. Everyone'a acting weird towards me. They're not as friendly as they used to be anymore." 

He slightly pouted. 

 

"Don't worry! Nothing happened at all. I'm still friendly to you, aren't I?" 

Hakyeon patted his back and chuckled. 

 

"I have something to tell you...But it gives me the goosebumps everytime I think about it." 

"What is it?" 

"Yesterday...Taekwoon went down to buy lunch for me. Then while he was gone, I suddenly felt something cold around me. I thought it was just my fever again, so I didn't bother about it. But it suddenly just grabbed onto my neck and dragged me out of the room. I couldn't breathe at all and I was so afraid. I lost my vision and the next minute, I found myself in the janitor closet. It stinked like hell, but that isn't the problem. My mind suddenly went haywire and I didn't even know who I was. I was just talking to myself and my fingers." 

Jaehwan held onto Hakyeon's hand tightly and bit his bottom lip. 

 

"Don't be scared. That ghost won't find you anymore because he's guilty." 

"...What do you mean, hyung? What do you mean by he's guilty?" 

"It's nothing." 

He ruffled Jaehwan's hair and sipped on his favourite banana milk. 


----- 


"Sanghyuk..." 

Taekwoon slammed the doors open and rushed towards Sanghyuk's bed. 

 

"Hyung, you're finally here." 

Wonshik faked a smile at him. Taekwoon sat on the chair beside him and looked at Sanghyuk. 

 

"What happened?" 

"Hakyeon said he fell down the stairs. Hyung...I'm scared. When I was walking back to the ward just now, I heard Hakyeon screaming and shouting. When I looked through the glass, he was literally shouting at nothing." 

Wonshik closed his eyes and sighed.

 

"He's probably too stressed out again...Do you want to drink banana milk? Hakyeon hyung brought some over." 

"No." 

Taekwoon spoke without hestitation as he looked over to Sanghyuk and clenched his fists.

 

'Hongbin...' 

He immediately closed his eyes and counted to five. He softly sighed and ruffled Sanghyuk's hair.

 

"I always warned him to not run down the stairs, but he just doesn't want to listen to his own hyung."

He softly sighed. 


----- 


"Jaehwan ah...Your fever is going down...This is great!"

Hakyeon took the thermometer away from Jaehwan's mouth and kept it away. 

 

"You'll surely recover in no time!" 

He clasped his hands and ruffled his hair. 

 

"Hyung...I want to go out." 

"Sure! I have the right place to bring you to!" 

Hakyeon helped Jaehwan out of bed and brought him out of the dorm room. 


----- 


"...This isn't what I mean. It's still counted as indoors!" 

Jaehwan pouted and folded his arms. 

 

"Aw come on! The dance room is always the best place to go to!" 

Hakyeon chuckled as he helped him to the sofa. 

 

"You can sit here and watch me practice my dance for the competition." 

"What competition?" 

"I'll be attending a competition in two days time. I can't wait!" 

He jumped up and down excitedly. 

 

"Good luck hyung." 

Jaehwan brightly smiled at him. 

 

"Thanks!~" 

He ran towards Jaehwan and hugged him tightly. 

 

He pulled away and the music and started practicing his dance moves.

 


- A few minutes later- 

 


Hakyeon switched off the music and turned to Jaehwan. 

 

He was sleeping soundly on the sofa. 

 

"Everyone's always sleeping..." 

He pouted and ran towards him.

 

"Sleep well Jaehwannie~" 

He softly sang and ruffled his hair. 

 


*Rring Rring!* 

 


He slightly jumped as he took out his phone and answered the call. 

 

"Taekwoon ah! You scared me!" 

"Where's Jaehwan?" 

"He's with me at the dance room now. He's sleeping peacefully, so don't worry. And by the way, his fever has went down already! Isn't it great?" 

The call suddenly ended and Hakyeon gave an annoyed face. 

 


"Aish, how dare he end my call just like that!" 

He shoved his phone back into his pocket and looked at Jaehwan. 

 

"This is getting really weird...since when did Taekwoon care for Jaehwan that much? He never really cared that much for anyone before..." 

He slightly tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows. 

 

"Jaehwan ah~" 

He lightly shook Jaehwan. 

 

 

"Hm?..." 

"We're going back to the dorm room. Taekwoon is looking for you." 

He placed his hand over Jaehwan's shoulder and exitted the room with him. 

 

"How long have I been sleeping?" 

He rubbed his eyes and walked sloppishly. 

 

"Just for a few minutes. Yah, you're going to bump into someone if you walk like that!" 

Hakyeon dragged Jaehwan closer towards him and chuckled. 


"Cha Hakyeon." 

He turned behind and saw Taekwoon glaring at him. 

 

He immediately let go of Jaehwan and waved at him. 

 

"T-Taekwoon!" 

Taekwoon stomped towards them and grabbed Jaehwan's hand. 

 

"...I'll bring him back to the dorm. You can go back now." 

He dragged Jaehwan away, leaving Hakyeon standing in the middle of the hallway. 

 


"I knew something was going on."