11c. (Update 1/3)

Revenge of School Hopeful

"...Why are you so quiet today? I already apologised earlier on."

Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan worriedly as they headed back to their dorm.

 

"N-Nothing..."

"Are you upset because I'm leaving tomorrow?"

He pursed his lips and held Jaehwan's hand.

 

"...I'll find a way to stay. Don't worry."

He hugged him tightly and patted his back.

 

"You can't."

"I can run away from home."

"It's not worth it to abandon your home just to stay in the school."

"You don't understand my story. You just know a part of it, not the whole thing."

He pulled away from the hug and softly sighed as he looked at Jaehwan.

 

"They never let me decide on every path I go. Anything I do and every school I attend are all decided by them. And this school was the only decision I was contented with. I entered the school of my interest, met friends that liked me for who I was...And the love of my life, you."

Jaehwan's eyes immediately widened.

 

"But it's not a good thing to disobey your parents..."

"I'll beg them no matter what it takes."

Taekwoon twisted the door knob and gently pushed Jaehwan into the room and closed the door.

 

Jaehwan walked towards his wardrobe and opened it. He looked around for his timetable and took it out when he saw it lying on his pile of shirt.

 

"I'm having class soon. How about you?"

"None for 3 periods."

"Then take care of Hakyeon for me while I'm gone."

Taekwoon slightly nodded and poured a cup of water for himself.

 

"...I miss Hyuk."

Jaehwan faked a smile as he placed his timetable on the table in between their beds. He closed the doors of the wadrobe and sighed.

 

"Hopefully he'll wake up soon."

He clasped his hands together and walked towards Taekwoon.

 

"I'll be going for class now. See you later!"

He shyly pecked his cheek and imnediately ran out of the room. Taekwoon slightly blushed and smiled as he continued sipping on his drink.

 

"I should call Hakyeon."

He placed his cup on the table beside his bed and dialled Hakyeon's number.

 

After a few rings, Hakyeon answered the phone call and slightly groaned.

 

"Hello?"

"Hi...S-Sorry to wake you up."

"It's alright."

"So...Are you feeling better?"

He awkwardly chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

"...I already told you just now, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Are you really going to leave the school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to find a way to stay."

"H-How?"

"I'm running away from home."

He heard Hakyeon gasped.

 

"Y-You can't just run away from home just because of that! You'll regret it, Jung Taekwoon!"

"They never let me decided on anything. Now I'm already grown up, it's my decision to choose which path I want to go to."

He hung up the call and sighed.

 

All he wanted for now was just peace and quiet.

 

Nobody to nag at him or irritate him for 3 periods long. He rested on Jaehwan's bed and hugged his pillow.

 

What if he really can't beg his parents or run away from home?

 

He would never get to see his friends ever again. Everything would just disappear before he even knows it.

 

-----

 

- 1 New message from Jaehwan -

 

Wonshik furrowed his eyebrows. He rarely speaks to Jaehwan, so why would he message him all of the sudden?

 

He unlocked his phone and opened up the message.

 

"Go find Hakyeon. He needs you."

He immediately locked his phone and ran up to the dorm.

 

"Didn't I give him a picture of me? Why would he still need my help?"

He softly sighed and knocked the door.

 

"Coming!"

He heard footsteps shuffling in the room and the door opened.

 

"...Wonshik?"

Hakyeon brightly smiled and hugged him.

 

"J-Jaehwan said you needed me. What happened again? Didn't I give you a picture of myself?"

Wonshik chuckled and dragged Hakyeon into the room and closed the door.

 

"The photo got stepped on."

Hakyeon pouted as he took the polaroid from the table and handed it to Wonshik.

 

"Aigoo...It'a alright. Let's just throw this away and I'll give you a brand new one, alright?"

"No!"

He immediately snatched the photo back and looked at it.

 

"No...You can't throw it away. It's still precious to me even though it's dirty."

He placed it back on the table and sat on his bed.

 

"Alright...By the way...How's your hand?"

Wonshik sat beside him and gently held his hand.

 

"Everything's fine. Don't worry."

He smiled at cupped Hakyeon's cheeks.

 

"If there's any problems, tell me. I'll definitely help you no matter what."

He leaned closer and gently kissed Hakyeon's lips.

 

He pulled away after a few seconds and sweetly smiled as he ruffled Hakyeon's hair.

 

-----

 

"I'm back."

Jaehwan twisted the door knob and entered the room.

 

The first thing he saw was Taekwoon lying on his bed, sleeping soundly while hugging the pillow. He gently closed the door and walked towards Taekwoon.

 

He bent down and lightly shook him.

 

"Taekwoon hyung, wake up. You have classes starting soon."

"I don't want to go..."

Taekwoon groaned and and stuffed his face on the pillow.

 

"It's not worth it to attend classes anymore." 

"Fine..."

He turned around and faced Jaehwan.

 

"It's useless to do anything now anyway."

He sighed and smacked the pillow.

 

"I'm going out for awhile."

He got out of bed and tidied his clothes, since they were all wrinkled after lying on the bed for a long time. "

 

Where are you going?"

Jaehwan crossed his eyebrows and shot up from the bed.

 

"Convenience store opposite school."

"A-Alright. Becareful when you cross the road."

He faked a smile and sat back down on his bed.

 

-----

 

His hand reached to the door handle of the freezer. It was the beer section. He thought that it should be fine to buy a few cans, since he was able to drink at his age already. He took as much cans he could hold onto his hands and closed the door with his leg and headed to the counter.

 

After buying, he exitted the store and hid the bag in his jacket and headed back to school.

 

-----

 

*Rrring Rrring!*

 

Jaehwan took out his phone and answered the call.

 

"Annyeong Jaehwannie! Hakyeon here. Are you free now?"

"Y-Yeah. Why?"

"We haven't spent time together as promised earlier on!"

"Then where do you want to meet?"

"Front gate! See you!"

The call immediately ended.

 

"Hyung seems to be in a good mood. Something must have happened between him and Wonshik."

He chuckled and headed out of the room.

 

He walked down the stairs and to the front gate, where he could already see Hakyeon waiting for him.

 

"Jaehwan!"

Hakyeon shouted and hugged Jaehwan.

 

"Someone's in a good mood."

"Yeah...Wonshik kissed me today."

He cupped his cheeks and giggled like a little girl.

 

"Lucky guy."

He heard Jaehwan softly muttering, but he ignored his words.

 

"Where shall we go to today?"

He clasped his hands and looked at Jaehwan.

 

"Let's grab a bite first. I'm hungry."

Jaehwan pouted and chuckled afterwards.

 

-----

 

Taekwoon twisted the door knob and entered his dorm room.

 

It was empty and there was a letter placed for him on his bed. He closed the door and walked towards it and read the message written on it.

 

"Out with Hakyeon for awhile. Will be back soon! ♡ -Jaehwan"

He sighed and placed the plastic on the table.

 

He took out a can and opened it.

 

Without hestitation, he gulped down a huge amount of it and slammed it back on the table afterwards.

 

"I feel so good."

He happily sang and chuckled.

 

"Nobody will stop me..."

He hicupped and smiled. It felt like he was living in another world after every can he drank.

 

After a few cans, he decided to stop for awhile and lied on Jaehwan's bed.

 

After half an hour, the door opened and Jaehwan chuckled as he closed the doors.

 

"Taekwoon ah, I-"

His eyes widened when he saw all the cans lying around the table and the floor as well.

 

"Yah! Why were you drinking?!"

He ran towards him and snatched away the can of beer Taekwoon was holding onto.

 

"Give it back."

"No. You have to stop."

He threw the can into the dustbin and softly sighed.

 

"What's wrong with you? Where's the disciplined Taekwoon that I knew?"

Taekwoon stood up and slowly walked towards Jaehwan sloppily with a cold stare.

 

Jaehwan took a few steps back and realised he hit a wall. He was terrified by that stare and aura Taekwoon was projecting.

 

Taekwoon took bigger steps and suddenly pinned Jaehwan against the wall.

 

"W-What are you doing?!"

He struggled to break free, but Taekwoon's grip got tighter.

 

In a blink of an eye, Taekwoon crushed his lips on Jaehwan's lips, moving against his lips roughly. Jaehwan stayed in that position with widened eyes, not moving an inch or kissing Taekwoon back.

 

He was shocked.

 

He came back to his senses and pushed Taekwoon away.

 

"Jung Taekwoon... You're drunk..."

Jaehwan wiped his lips as he took slow and small steps towards the door and quickly ran out to look for Hakyeon.

 

He lightly knocked the door twice and waited.

 

"Coming!"

He heard footsteps running towards the door.

 

The door opened and Hakyeon brightly smiled at Jaehwan.

 

"Jaehwan! Why are you here?"

Jaehwan kept silent and just entered the room without speaking a word.

 

He sat on Hakyeon's bed and sighed.

 

"What's the matter?"

Hakyeon slightly frowned as he closed the door and sat beside Jaehwan.

 

"Taekwoon...He kissed me."

His eyes widened and he clasped his hands.

 

"Oh? That's great!"

"But it wasn't the way I wanted it to be."

"What happened?"

He released his hands and looked at Jaehwan worriedly.

 

"He was drunk when he kissed me. And it didn't feel great at all."

Jaehwan pursed his lips and faked a smile.

 

"Let's not talk about it anymore. Have you prepared for your competition tomorrow?"

"Of course! I'm confident that I'll win the first prize."

Hakyeon chuckled and clasped his hands.

 

"Good luck. I'll attend the competition and watch you dance if I'm free at that time."

"Thanks...I'm predicting that Wonshik won't be there. He'll probably message me saying that he's busy again."

He puffed his cheeks and hung his head down.

 

"I'll try my best to bring Wonshik along."

Jaehwan patted his back and smiled.

 

"I think I'll go back now. It's getting dark already. See you tomorrow."

He got up from the bed and walked to the door along with Hakyeon.

 

"See ya."

Hakyeon closed the door after Jaehwan exitted the room and smiled. Jaehwan was always so kind to him, he would always try to cheer him up or help him solve his problems.

 

But he felt useless, because he didn't know how to help him or cheer him up when he was the one having problems.