16. (Update 1/2)

Revenge of School Hopeful

"I want to go back to see how the school has became...I want to visit Hyuk and tell him that I love him...I want to go back to the past and change everything."

 

-----

 

"Jaehwannie!"

Hakyeon ran towards Jaehwan when he saw him walking out of the room, but immediately halted when he saw a hand interlaced with his.

 

That hand belonged to Taekwoon.

 

He hid behind the wall and carefully watched the both of them. They were laughing, smiling sweetly and walking closely together as their hand interlaced tightly.

 

He felt so confused.

 

Jaehwan was just talking about how he didn't liked the way Taekwoon kissed him that day and now they were holding hands and laughing, as if nothing had happened between them.

 

He immediately hid behind the wall when he saw the both of them walking towards his direction.

 

"What do I do? They'll surely suspect me if they see me here..."

He softly muttered as he looked around the place.

 

He immediately ran a distance away and pretended as if he was just walking past.

 

"Hakyeon hyung!"

Jaehwan immediately let go of Taekwoon's hands when he saw Hakyeon as he smiled and waved to him.

 

"H-Hi!"

Hakyeon faked a smile and waved back as he made his way towards the both of them.

 

He realised that their hands weren't interlaced anymore and Taekwoon was slightly standing behind Jaehwan. He looked back to Jaehwan and chuckled.

 

"Where are you both going?"

He kept his eyes on Jaehwan, avoiding Taekwoon's glance.

 

"Jaehwan and I are going out of school to grab a bite."

His eyes immediately beamed.

 

"I want to come too! Can Wonshik and I tag along? We can call it a double da-"

He immediately cut his own words off when he suddenly remembered that Jaehwan and Taekwoon's relationship was still a 'secret'.

 

Taekwoon faked a cough and pretended that they didn't hear Hakyeon's last sentence as he sighed and nodded.

 

"Fine, you guys can come along."

Hakyeon brightly smiled and took out his phone, immediately dialling Wonshik's number.

 

After a few rings, Wonshik answered the call.

 

"Jagiya! Are you free now?"

"Uh...Yeah, why?"

"Meet me at the front gate. Bye!"

He ended the call without waiting for what Wonshik had to say and smiled at Jaehwan and Taekwoon.

 

Jaehwan faked a smile when he heard the word 'Jagiya' from Hakyeon. He knew that nobody would ever call him that way, since Taekwoon wasn't the type of person that would call his lover 'Jagiya'.

 

He softly sighed and decided to sweep that thought off his mind.

 

"Come on! Let's wait for Wonshikkie at the front gate!"

Hakyeon excitedly walked infront of them as Jaehwan and Taekwoon followed behind, both keeping silent.

 

Taekwoon secretly placed his hands over Jaehwan's back from behind and pulled him closer as they looked at each other and smiled.

 

When they reached the front gate, there were students leaving and entering the school and there was a security guard sitting at a corner, keeping an eye on the students.

 

Taekwoon immediately let go of Jaehwan when he saw Hakyeon turning behind to them.

 

"Hakyeonnie!"

They all turned behind and saw Wonshik running towards them and hugging Hakyeon when he reached.

 

"I'm not late, right?"

Wonshik pulled away and took a deep breath to calm himself down after running.

 

"We just arrived too. Let's go! Let's stay behind and follow Jaehwan and Taekwoon since we don't know the way."

Hakyeon pushed the both of them forward as they walked out of the school gate together.

 

Hakyeon and Wonshik interlaced their hands together as they kept a watch on Jaehwan and Taekwoon.

 

"Jagiya, I have something to tell you."

He pulled Wonshik and himself a few steps away from the both of them.

 

"Earlier on, I saw Jaehwan and Taekwoon interlacing their hands together when they left the room and they were even chatting and laughing together so happily."

He whispered into Wonshik's ears, hoping that Taekwoon wouldn't hear him, since he had such sharp ears.

 

Wonshik looked at Hakyeon and furrowed his eyebrows as he looked over to Jaehwan and Taekwoon too, who were both just walking beside each other and not saying a single word.

 

"Are you sure you didn't see someone else?"

He softly whispered back.

 

"I'm very sure it was them because I pretended to pass by and Jaehwan spoke to me."

Hakyeon replied back and sighed.

 

"What are you both whispering about?"

Jaehwan turned to the back and raised an eyebrow at them.

 

"I-It's nothing."

Hakyeon slightly stuttered as he faked a smile to Jaehwan.

 

"We're here."

Taekwoon softly muttered loud enough for them to hear him as they halted infront of a cafe that seemed quite empty with only a few tables occupied by the students in their school.

 

Jaehwan opened the glass doors wide as they all entered the cafe and sat on a empty table at the corner. As expected, Hakyeon and Wonshik both sat together aa Jaehwan and Taekwoon were opposite them.

 

Hakyeon and Wonshik still kept their hands interlaced together even when they were looking at the menu.

 

"Can't you guys let go of each other for at least one minute?"

Jaehwan jokingly asked as he chuckled at him, but mentally felt so jealous of them.

 

"What if I don't want to?"

Hakyeon stuck out his tongue at him and chuckled afterwards, feeling like a fool.

 

He then stopped and slowly let go when his gaze softened after looking into Jaehwan's eyes, even though it wasn't obvious.

 

"So...What should we order?"

He faked a smile and flipped around the pages of the menu.

 

-----

 

"See you later or tomorrow!"

Jaehwan placed his hand on the door knob and waved to Hakyeon and Wonshik with the other.

 

He placed his hand on the door knob but felt Taekwoon's finger tapping on his shoulder.

 

"Wait! We need to speak to the both of you!"

Hakyeon immediately grabbed Wonshik's wrist and dragged him over to them.

 

"Let's talk about it inside."

Jaehwan opened the door wide for the both of them to entered beforw he and Taekwoon did.

 

Wonshik and Hakyeon sat on Jaehwan's bed as the other two sat at the opposite, which was Taekwoon's bed.

 

"Remember that time when we first saw the news about the school closing down?"

Jaehwan and Taekwoon slightly raised an eyebrow, feeling suspicious as they nodded.

 

"Remember the audition forms?~"

Hakyeon slowly took out two folded pieces of paper and handed it to the both of them.

 

"Isn't the problem settled already? There are tons of students in our school already. This is useless."

Taekwoon softly muttered as he unfolded the paper and looked at the empty signature. Jaehwan also looked at Hakyeon and nodded in agreement as well.

 

"I know...But I really want the 5 of us to achieve this goal together! Just close your eyes and imagine all of us standing on stage.. Isn't that awesome?"

Hakyeon clasped his hands and gave Jaehwan and Taekwoon the puppy eyes. Jaehwan and Taekwoon both looked at each other and silently whispered a few things to each other before they looked back to Hakyeon and Wonshik.

 

"We'll think about it and tell you when we have the answers. We'll keep this paper with us for now."

Taekwoon slightly smiled at them as he placed the paper on the desk, along with Jaehwan's.

 

"Think about it? Think about it?! What if there isn't much time left?! We don't even know!"

Hakyeon stood up from the bed and slightly raised his voice.

 

"You can't just force them to make a decision right now."

Wonshik immediately dragged Hakyeon back to the bed.

 

"Fine. But please make your decisions soon."

Hakyeon grabbed Wonshik's wrist and stood up from the bed.

 

"We'll be leaving now. See you tomorrow!"

He used his free hand to wave goobye as he left the room and headed back to his dorm.

 

He gently closed the door and softly sighed.

 

"I feel too impatient to wait for their answers."

He plopped on his bed and groaned in annoyance.

 

"At least their willing to think about it."

Wonshik sat beside him and folded his arms.

 

"You're ri-"

 

*Boom*