31.

Revenge of School Hopeful

[Long Chapter]

 

*Knock knock*

 

Jaehwan lightly knocked on the door and hid at a corner so that he could suprise Taekwoon, even though he knew that it wasn't the right mood to do it.

 

The door slightly opened as Taekwoon's head popped out of the door.

 

"I'm home!"

Jaehwan cheerfully yelled and jumped infront of Taekwoon and hugged him tightly.

 

"J-Jaehwan?"

Taekwoon softly muttered as he pulled away the hug and a smile formed on his face when he saw Jaehwan.

 

"I'm sorry I caused everyone so much trouble..."

He hugged Jaehwan again and his grip were tightening on Jaehwan's shirt.

 

"Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. It's not Hongbin's fault either."

He immediately pulled away from the hug once again and crossed his eyebrows.

 

"It's clearly his fault."

He snapped back at Jaehwan and his smile slowly faded away.

 

"Sometimes people just don't know what they're doing...But they will know it themselves when it's the right time to....Uh, nevermind. I don't know what I'm saying myself! But let's just forget that I said about Hongbin's fault, alright?"

Jaehwan chuckled in embarassment and waved his hands around.

 

Taekwoon suddenly cupped his cheeks and he immediately grew silent by the sudden movement.

 

"...Did Hongbin treat you badly?"

He softly asked as he looked at Jaehwan and slightly frowned.

 

"Nope. Hongbin...treated us really nicely. But sometimes he doesn't really know what he's doing himself so I don't blame him for that."

Jaehwan gently grabbed onto Taekwoon's wrist and softly chuckled.

 

"...How's Hakyeon hyung?"

He softly asked and placed Taekwoon's hands down.

 

"High fever...I already told him to stay in the dorm and let me and Sanghyuk find you and Wonshik but he just didn't want to listen."

Taekwoon softly sighed and caressed Jaehwan's hand.

 

"You can visit him now if you want. But remember to rest well too. It's getting late soon."

He slightly smiled and let go of his hand.

 

"You're the one who should rest more. Look at your eyebags!"

Jaehwan pinched Taekwoon's cheeks and chuckled.

 

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine, alright?"

He placed his arms over Taekwoon's shoulders and smiled at him.

 

"I'm just worried that Hongbin will take you away again."

He chuckled after Taekwoom had finished speaking and leaned closer to him.

 

"Okay fine...I'll go over tomorrow, alright?"

He softly sighed and released his arms and walked away from the door.

 

"I'm feeling kinda tired too right now..."

He sat on his bed and gestured Taekwoon to come over.

 

Taekwoon immediately walked towards him and sat beside him on the bed.

 

"Don't you miss this moment...Us hugging and sleeping together on the same bed?"

He slightly smiled at Jaehwan after hearing his sentence.

 

"Of course I do."

He placed his hands over Jaehwan's shoulder and planted kisses on his cheeks.

 

Jaehwan let out a soft chuckled and pulled Taekwoon away from him.

 

He lied down on the bed and waited till Taekwoon did the same thing. He switched off the light from the lamp and the room soon grew pitch dark.

 

He turned his body facing Taekwoon and scooted close to him.

 

"I miss these nights...So many horrible things happened..."

He softly whispered and rested his head on Taekwoon's chest.

 

"But I always feel safe whenever I'm with you."

His lips formed a big smile.

 

Taekwoon looked down to him and smiled as well as he wrapped his arms around Jaehwan and closed his eyes.

 

"Good night...Jagiya."

He softly whispered the last word to Jaehwan.

 

"You finally called me that...Hahah. Good night Jagiya."

He chuckled and smiled even wider afterwards.

 

-----

 

"Hyukkie...Just tell us what's wrong, alright? I'm worried about you...you know that?"

Hakyeon softly muttered as he walked towards Sanghyuk and sat beside him on the bed.

 

"You haven't even spoke a word at all ever since you came back. What did Hongbin say to you?"

He looked at Sanghyuk with a worried look and placed his hand on top of his.

 

"It's nothing hyung...I'm just thinking about it."

Sanghyuk sighed and formed his lips into a thin line.

 

"Hyung..."

He suddenly spoke and turned to Hakyeon.

 

"Am I stupid to fall in love with someone like Hongbin?"

He softly spoke and hung his head down.

 

Hakyeon slightly smiled and gently held onto Sanghyuk's chin, lifting his face up to face him.

 

"You're the only one who knows the answer."

He moved his hands and stood up from the bed.

 

"M-Me? Hyung what do yo-"

 

"Good night, sleep tight. It's very late already."

He cut Sanghyuk's words off and smiled as he switched off the main lights.

 

"Ugh...Fine. Good night hyung."

Sanghyuk groaned and lied on the bed, leaving some space for Hakyeon and covered his body with the blankets.

 

Hakyeon softly chuckled and walked towards Sanghyuk. He lied beside him and covered his body with the blankets as well and stared at the blank ceiling for a moment before he closed his eyes.

 

"Good night Wonshik...Good night baby Hyuk."

He softly whispered and smiled to himself.

 

"I heard that."

Sanghyuk suddenly spoke and kept quiet afterwards.

 

After a few minutes, everyone was asleep, except for Sanghyuk.

 

He tossed around the bed a few times and sighed.

 

"I can't sleep..."

He softly whispered to himself and sat up from the bed.

 

He rubbed his eyes for awhile and sighed as he stared at the blank wall infront of him.

 

"Hongbin..."

He muttered and formed his lips into a thin line.

 

"When you gave me the necklace, I was so afraid that you would leave me forever. I was so afraid to lose you."

 

He sighed and hung his head.

 

"Maybe I should have listened to what you wanted to say before I shouted at you."

He glanced at Hakyeon for awhile and suddenly remembered the words Hakyeon told him earlier on.

 

"You're the only one who knows the answer."

 

"I don't even know the answer...Thanks so much for 'helping' me, hyung."

He groaned and rolled his eyes.

 

He stood up from the bed and walked towards the door.

 

"...It's just for awhile. He won't be there."

He softly whispered to himself as he wore on his slippers and left the room.

 

-----

 

He twisted the door and switched on the lights.

 

"W-Who's there?!"

A familiar voice suddenly screamed as it turned behind.

 

"...Sanghyuk?"

 

"H-Hongbin hyung..."

Sanghyuk softly whispered as he took tiny steps into the room.

 

"What are you doing here at this time?"

He immediately changed his tone and tried to sound and look like he was still mad at Hongbin, even though he felt like running over and hugging him tightly.

 

"I should ask you that instead."

His eyes slightly widened.

 

"M-Me? I-I..."

He immediately kept his mouth shut, since he didn't have any excuses.

 

"I...just want to settle everything with you, alright?"

He softly sighed and walked towards Hongbin.

 

"I'm sorry yelling at you and not listening to what you wanted to say earlier on..."

He softly muttered and bit his bottom lip as he hung his head.

 

Hongbin stood up from the floor and  slightly smiled as he held onto Sanghyuk's hand.

 

"All I can say is that...I really love you. I really do. But everytime my mind just keeps thinking about revenge...Even though my whole death was not Taekwoon's fault."

Sanghyuk immediately looked up at him with eyes widened.

 

"B-But you said..."

He stuttered for a moment and kept quiet.

 

"My whole death was just an accident. Taekwoon pushed me down the stairs by accident...He really didn't know at all. But I kept on blaming him, telling everyone that he caused my death."

Hongbin softly spoke and sighed afterwards when everything flashed through his mind again.

 

"I'm...really hopeless Hyuk. I can't change. I'm pathetic."

He hugged Sanghyuk and buried his face on Sanghyuk's shoulder.

 

"I know you can't change but please, I really don't want to see my hyungs getting hurt anymore."

Sanghyuk whispered into Hongbin's ears and hugged him back.

 

"You will be able to keep this promise if you really love me."

His words softly trailed off at the end as he pulled away from the hug.

 

"Good night."

He softly mumbled and smiled to Hongbin.

 

"Good night."

Hongbin suddenly covered his eyes and he soon grew unconscious and fell to the ground, not knowing what was going on at all.

 

-----

 

"Ugh..."

Sanghyuk softly groaned as he opened and rubbed his eyes and sat up from the bed.

 

When he was finally able to see clearly, he found himself back in the room, lying right beside Hakyeon.

 

"What happened earlier on in the music room?"

He softly muttered to himself as he crossed his eyebrows and looked around the room.

 

Suddenly, he felt a hard smack on his back.

 

He immediately shouted alittle and turned around.

 

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?! It's so late already!"

Hakyeon slightly raised his voice and glared at him.

 

"I just woke up not long ago hyung..."

Sanghyuk softly whined and rubbed his back.

 

"S-Sorry."

Hakyeon immediately apologised and chuckled in embarassment.

 

"Well, sleep soon then."

He lightly patted his back a few times and went back to his sleeping position again.

 

"Good night..."

Sanghyuk softly whispered, still rubbing his back in pain.

 

'...Was it just a dream?'

 

-----

 

*Knock knock*

 

"Who's there..."

Hakyeon softly mumbled as he got up from the bed and dragged his feet towards the door. He slightly opened the door and peeked out of the hole.

 

"H-Hi...Hyung."

Jaehwan brightly smiled and waved to him.

 

"Why are you answering the door? You should be resting."

He immediately entered the room and placed his shoes at the side and helped Hakyeon back to the bed.

 

"It's alright. I'm feeling better anyway."

Hakyeon chuckled and dragged him to sit on the bed as well.

 

"How are you and Taekwoon? It must be really hard to talk to each other after all these."

He looked at Jaehwan and slightly smiled.

 

"We slept together yesterday...N-Not in that way! But yeah!"

He chuckled at Jaehwan's sentence and glanced at Wonshik for a moment, since he suddenly tossed around the bed.

 

"Uh...Let's go out and chat, alright? I don't want to disturb Wonshik and Sanghyuk."

He grabbed onto Jaehwan's wrist and dragged him out of the room, bringing him to a table nearby.

 

They both sat on the table, sitting opposite each other.

 

"Hyung, you really have to tell me if you don't feel well, alright?"

Jaehwan placed his hand on top of Hakyeon's and looked at him worriedly.

 

"It's alright, Hwannie. I'll be fine!"

He knew that Hakyeon was not fine at all. He could see everything through his words and looks. He had been suffering on the inside the whole time, but he just didn't want anybody to be worried about him.

 

He softly sighed and hung his head down.

 

"Jaehwan...Smile."

Hakyeon softly spoke as he gently grabbed onto Jaehwan's chin and lifted it up, showing his gloomy face.

 

"I can't hyung. How can I still smile when so many bad things happened to us? Especially you..."

He sighed and slightly smiled at him.

 

He scooted closer to him and hugged Jaehwan.

 

"Everything is going to be fine. I'll always be here to protect all of you."

He whispered to Jaehwan and gently the strands of his hair as he closed his eyes and sweetly smiled.

 

Jaehwan didn't know why, but he felt like bursting into tears when he heard Hakyeon's sentence.

 

He closed his eyes shut and leaned closer to Hakyeon, trying to fight back the tears.

 

"Hyung...I know everything isn't fine for you at all...I can see it through your eyes."

He hugged Hakyeon by the waist and buried his face on Hakyeon's chest.

 

"L-Let's stop talking about this already...Let's go home, my head hurts."

Hakyeon pulled Jaehwan away from the hug and stood up from his seat, dragging Jaehwan out as well.

 

They started walking in the hallway, making their way back to their own dorms.

 

-----

 

"I'm back."

Jaehwan softly spoke as he walked into the empty room and placed his shoes at the side.

 

He looked around the room for awhile until he spotted a drink on the desk with a note beside it. He walked towards the desk and picked the letter up.

 

"Bought this for you before I went to class.

 

- Taekwoon"

 

He smiled at it and sat on the chair beside him.

 

"Iced Americano. As usual."

He let out a soft chuckle as he removed the lid from the Iced Americano and started sipping on it.

 

He continued holding onto the cup of coffee and gently shook it around while looking blankly at the desk table, thinking about his conversation with Hakyeon earlier on.

 

"Ah!"

He immediately yelped and placed the cup on the table when he felt the coffee scalding his other free hand.

 

He quickly shook his hand around and gently blew on it.

 

"Aish..."

He softly muttered and stood up from his seat and walked towards the bathroom and washed his hands.

 

He walked out of the bathroom and sat back at his seat.

 

-----

 

Hakyeon gently opened the door and took small steps into the room, trying to keep as quiet as possible so that he would not disturb Wonshik and Sanghyuk.

 

"Where did you go?"

He immediately jumped up when he heard Wonshik's voice.

 

He turned to the direction where Wonshik was and saw him sitting on his own bed.

 

"I...went out with Jaehwan for awhile."

He softly spoke and awkwardly smiled at him.

 

"Yah, you already know you're having a high fever. You should really rest more."

Wonshik stood up from the bed and walked towards him.

 

"Your condition is going to get worse if you continue this."

He gently held onto Hakyeon's hand and slightly frowned.

 

"I know. But my condition doesn't get any better everytime I take a rest. So what's the use of lying in bed everyday when nothing even happens?"

Hakyeon shrugged and slightly smiled.

 

"...I'll be fine, alright?"

He softly muttered loud enough for Wonshik to hear him and walked towards the bed and sat down.

 

He held onto Wonshik's hand and dragged him closer to his face and smiled.

 

"Take care of everyone for me if I'm gone...alright?"

He lightly pecked on Wonshik's lips and sweetly smiled at him after he pulled away.

 

"You'll be fine Hakyeon. Stop spouting nonsense."

Wonshik softly spoke and pushed Hakyeon down to the bed till he was on top of him.

 

"...Maybe Hongbin is cursing me again since I'm the only one who hates him the most."

Hakyeon chuckled and placed him hands over Wonshik's neck, dragging him closer.

 

"I...started cutting my wrists again..."

He softly whispered into Wonshik's ear and sighed.

 

Wonshik immediately grabbed onto Hakyeon's hands and looked at his wrists.

 

"Why?..."

He softly muttered and looked at him worriedly.

 

"I'm sorry Wonshik...I just can't help it...even though I promised Hyukkie that I wouldn't do it anymore...Please don't tell him, okay?"

He slightly nodded after hearing Hakyeon's words and interlaced their hands together.

 

"Stop cutting already...It's not good for you. I'll always be here for you if you need help or anything. I'm your boyfriend...I should help you out instead of letting you suffer without speaking a word."

He smiled and pressed their lips together.

 

He felt like staying with Hakyeon forever...this way...

 

"Thanks...Wonshik."

Hakyeon slowly pulled away from the kiss and softly chuckled, hands still interlaced together tightly.

 

"I'll do anything for you Hakyeon...anything."

 

"Even killing yourself for me? Hahah, just kidding."

 

-----

 

Annyeong~ This chapter is kinda long because I merged two chapters together since I always find my chapters very very short ^^ Hope you guys enjoy the unusual long chapter HAHAHA :)

- 바보 은미 ☆

 

STAY AWESOME AND SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A STARLIGHT ☆