Slander

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “So what’s your favorite food?” Junhyung asked as he laid on the top bunk with Ilhoon’s phone pressed to his ear. He waited for a moment before chuckling. “Well, technically, I don’t need to eat but when I do, I like drinking Coke.” He laughed after listening for a minute before asking, “So what’s your favorite color?”

            “Hyung!” Ilhoon whined, sitting up on his bunk. “I know you’re very much in love with Miss Gina and all but for the love of all that is decent, could you get off my phone and let me sleep! Tomorrow is a big day!”

            “In a minute, Ilhoon. Just a second.” Junhyung smirked before returning to his conversation. “So who do you like better, Big Bang or Infinite?”

            Ilhoon groaned before walking out of his bedroom and into his sister’s. He was happy for his brother finally confessing, and even though they weren’t officially going out like him and Sohyun, he was happy Gina accepted his feelings.

            “There better be a damn good reason you’re in my room in the middle of the night, Ilhoon,” Jiyoon announced, waking from her light slumber.

            “Happy boy won’t get off the phone in mine.” Ilhoon laid his pillow out on his sister’s floor.

            “Should I go punch him? Who is he talking to this late at night?”

            “Miss Gina.”

            “Your teacher?!” Jiyoon sat up.

            “Yeah, he confessed to her.” Ilhoon sighed, grabbing a blanket from Jiyoon’s closet. “I’m happy, but now he’s like a lovesick little puppy.”

            “And she accepted him?” Jiyoon asked.

            “Yes and no. The shadow thing will take some adjusting but she does like him back.”

            “I guess that makes sense. I can’t imagine dating a shadow.” Jiyoon smiled.

            “Yet you still have a crush on one.” Ilhoon chuckled, causing Jiyoon to dart up in her bed.

            “What?! What are you talking about?!” Jiyoon yelled.

            “Oh diary,” Ilhoon quoted, “I think he was looking my way today. I need to be careful, I don’t want to arouse his link’s suspicion. I don’t want to like him but I can’t help the way he makes my heart race when I’m near him. Oh why must he be my brother’s friend?”

            Jiyoon was red with both embarrassment and rage as Ilhoon giggled.

            “You should really learn to lock your door when you’re not home. A pesky little brother can get into your diary pretty easily when bored. Don’t worry, hyung doesn’t know.”

            Jiyoon finally had enough and she bellowed out at the top of her lungs, “JUNG ILHOON, GET OUT OF MY ROOM!”


 

            “Relationships, relationships, relationships," Minhyuk complained. "Everyone is in a relationship!"

            The Btob boys were on their way towards the school yard. It was the last day of the Kingka vote but they weren't really focused on becoming the top dogs on campus at the moment.

            "Dongwoon, Hyunsik, Ilhoon, and now Junhyung," Eunkwang added.

            "Hyunseung too, if their talk goes over well tomorrow." Changsub chuckled.

            "Which would make Beast outnumber us three to two of members with girlfriends," Minhyuk sighed. “At least JunNa isn’t official yet."

            'You gave us a couple name?' Junhyung asked excitedly.

            'HyunYoon, IlSo, DongJi, 2hyun.' Hyunseung tallied the couples. 'I think that covers it.'

            "I need a girlfriend," Minhyuk sighed.

            “Peniel and I don't need girlfriends." Sungjae smiled. "We're happy as long as we have each other, right bro?" He nudged his brother in side as his mind wasn’t exactly focused on the conversation.

            "Foreign exchange student Tasha," Peniel swooned over a girl across the courtyard, earning another nudge to the ribcage. "Ow! I was just kidding!"

            Sungjae rolled his eyes, causing Yoseob to laugh.

            'C’mon guys,' Doojoon interrupted. 'Relationships are important, but we need to focus. Today is the last day of the Kingka vote. Vixx is probably really ornery today. We have to be on high alert.'

            Eunkwang sighed, hanging his head. He couldn't help feeling guilty, revealing to N that they knew Vixx's identity. He had just hoped it hadn't pushed up their enemy's plan of attack.

            'Calm down, Doojoon,' Junhyung announced. 'Just what are they going to do?'

            Ilhoon pushed open the door to the school to find the building in absolute chaos. Students were yelling and throwing things at each other. The Vixx and Btob banners hanging about the school had been torn while fliers were spread about the hallway.

            "What the actual...?" Ilhoon mumbled.

            "There they are!"

            Before anyone had time to react, the boys were swarmed by a herd of students.  

            "Ilhoon, is there any truth to the rumor that you're in league with the forces of hell?" A student asked.

            "What?!" Ilhoon asked.

            "Changsub, is it true that your odd personality stems from a demon possession?" Another student asked.

            "No, of course not!" Changsub yelled.

            'Yeah, he was odd way before I met him,' Hyunseung remarked.

            "Minhyuk, is it true you leap across large buildings at night?"

            "What, of course not!" Minhyuk yelled. 'That was only once and it was at sunset.'

            "Where are you getting all this?!" Ilhoon yelled.

            Hyunsik kneeled down, picking up a flier from the ground. His eyes widened, looking at the paper. "Uh, guys?"

            Ilhoon leaned over to look at the paper as did the others. It had pictures of the Btob members depicted as monsters alongside a paragraph of information.

 

Demons Among Us

It has come to light that the group, Btob's sudden popularity was not a mere coincidence. Research has proven the seven boys of Btob acquired dark powers that have influenced their appearance and music. This is proven by their constant fixation on the abandoned high school building which was previously proven to be haunted.  It's scientifically impossible for the boys to make such a dramatic change in music and appearance without outside help from forces unknown. Btob music is rumored to release hypnotic sound waves that influence its listeners into worshipping the group. Don't be influenced by these demons. Ban Btob now.

 

            "What?! That's bull!" Changsub yelled.  "People are buying this?!"

            "Although technically we did receive help from an outside force," Peniel mumbled.

"We worked hard on our music and appearances!  We're not controlling anyone!" Minhyuk yelled.

            "If this goes too far, people might learn about Beast," Sungjae whispered. "More people might try to get rid of them."

            'Because one group of hunters aren't bad enough,' Yoseob commented.

            "Who would do such a thing?" Eunkwang mumbled.

            The seven Btob boys all looked at each other, drawing the same conclusion. "Vixx!"

            The boys began to back out of the school. As the flood of questions resumed.

            "Do you plan global domination after ruling the school?"

            "Stop it!" another student yelled. "It's just slander. Btob did nothing!"

            "That’s just what they want you to believe because you're already under their influence!"

            Arguments began amongst the student body. No one was silent on the matter.

            "This is too much," Hyunsik remarked.

            "We got to get out of here." Sungjae added.

            "School can wait," Minhyuk spoke.

            'Split up and head out. We'll m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter