We meet again

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       

 

           

            “Jami oji annneun bam, so sad tonight. Geudaewa hamkkehal su eomneun i bam. In the midnight-igh-ight, midnight-ight. Ni saenggage jam mot deuneun Midnight.”`

            Ilhoon was brooding in the backseat of his sister’s car as Jiyoon and Sohyun sang along to his brother’s song. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t excited to go out to Seoul for a concert with Sohyun, but when he learned his sister and brother were invited to, his spirits fell. It’s not like he could go without Junhyung anyway, but he was still hoping for some alone-time with Sohyun. Oh well, maybe she didn’t like him that way after all.

            “Did your brother really write this song?” Sohyun asked her friend in the driver’s seat.

            “Yeah.” Jiyoon nodded. “It’s another one of his Beast songs.”

            ‘I call it Midnight.’ Junhyung explained. ‘I wrote it alongside Beautiful Night. It was a little tough to get a good recording on that old school equipment though.’

            “No one can hear you, hyung,” Ilhoon commented, enticing a chuckle from Sohyun.

            ‘Then translate,’ Junhyung complained.

            Ilhoon rolled his eyes, ignoring his brother’s complaint. Junhyung sighed before glancing over at his moody brother.

            ‘You still mad because this isn’t a date?’ The elder boy asked.

            “Shhh!” Ilhoon shushed his brother before whispering. “Not in front of Sohyun.”

            ‘Why,’ Junhyung teased. ‘I thought no one can hear me.’

            “Yah, that’s not the point!”

            As the two boys argued in the back, Junhyung telepathically and Ilhoon aloud, Jiyoon could not help shaking her head.

            “I don’t think I’ll ever get used to those telepathic conversations. If I didn’t know better, I’d say Ilhoon was crazy.”

            Sohyun smiled, “Well, it works both ways. Ilhoon doesn’t have to talk to Junhyung-oppa aloud.”

            “I’m curious,” Jiyoon said. “Why can’t you hear Junhyung during daylight? All the Btob members seem to be able to.”

            Sohyun shrugged, “I guess I’m just not a strong enough seer. I’m sure if my friend Mark were around, he’d be able to hear it all, instead of just a few words here and there.”

            Jiyoon nodded. “Hey, Sohyun, can you reach inside the glove compartment and check the address on the tickets for me?”

            Sohyun complied, pulling a white envelope from the glove compartment. She slipped her hand inside and pulled out four floor tickets for the show. “I still don’t see why your brother needs a ticket. Can’t he just sneak in?”

            “Yes.” Jiyoon nodded. “But the show doesn’t take place until after sunset and he should be able to enjoy it like anyone else, without having to hide in the darkness.”

            “Fair enough.” Sohyun read the address for the arena as Ilhoon finally snapped out of his conversation with Junhyung and focused on his sister and friend.

            “By the way,” Ilhoon said. “Who are we going to see anyway? I know Hyuna’s opening for the show to help get her ready for debut but who’s headlining?”

            “It’s a pretty big show, Ilhoon,” Jihoon remarked. “There’s Kara, Bigbang, AOA, Busker Busker, FT Island, and even your favorite, Infinite.”

            “Infinite will be there?” Ilhoon smiled.

            ‘Hyunseung will be upset to hear that.’ Junhyung remarked.

            “We also got some backstage passes from Hyuna. It’ll be a great chance to get up close to the idols.”

            “Hyuna’s the best!” Ilhoon cheered. “Thank you Jiyoon for having an idol best friend!”

            Jiyoon rolled her eyes. “There was one more group that was going to be performing today… but I can’t remember who.”

            Sohyun glanced down at the tickets before answering for her friend, “2PM.”

            Ilhoon’s eyes widened hoping-to-god that his ears were broken, “T-two…”

            “Oh yeah, 2PM.” Jiyoon smiled. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen them perform. Y’know, all seven members came from our town.”

            “Really?” Sohyun asked

            “U-uh guys.” Ilhoon became nervous as dark aura grew around his brother. A shiver went down Sohyun’s back and she quickly grabbed hold of her arms with her hands before turning toward Ilhoon.

            “Ilhoon, is something wrong with Junhyung?” Sohyun asked as a deep seed of fear manifested within her body.

            Jiyoon perked up at this and looked over her shoulder after pulling up to a stop light.

            “G-guys, there’s something you should know about t-t-“

            ‘TWO PM!’ Junhyung telepathically shouted, causing the car to shake with his telekinesis.

            Sohyun screamed, covering her ears as Ilhoon desperately worked to calm the enraged shadow.

            “CALM DOWN HYUNG! YOU’RE GONNA CAUSE A CAR ACCIDENT!” Ilhoon yelled.

            Junhyung slowly calmed down, allowing the car to still before going on a rant. ‘Why the are we going to see them?! They shouldn’t even be famous! Those bastards shouldn’t be allowed to perform! They should have their voice boxes ripped out from their throats and burned in front of them!’

            “Calm down, calm down!” Ilhoon cried, trying to coil his brother’s rage.

            “What’s going on?” Jiyoon asked before pulling into a parking lot. “Why’s he so upset?”

            “It’s 2pm,” Ilhoon replied. “They’re the ones that bullied Beast to the point of becoming shadows!”

            “What?!” Jiyoon yelled in surprise.

            “Breathe, hyung.” Ilhoon continued to attempt calming his brother. “Relax, it’ll all be ok.”

            Junhyung eventually relaxed, and Ilhoon let out a sigh of relief.

            Sohyun was shivering, shaken up from the burst of dark energy Junhyung unknowingly had released in his rage, “S-so scary.”

            Jiyoon placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

            Junhyung was brooding and Ilhoon sighed.

            “I’m so sorry, Sohyun,” Ilhoon apologized. “2PM is a really sensitive subject for him, and all of the Beast members.”

            “We didn’t know,” Jiyoon said softly. “Do you wanna head back home?”

            Sohyun sighed heavily, expecting the group to turn back when an unexpected answer came from Ilhoon’s mouth.

            “No,” Ilhoon smiled. “Seeing 2PM might be a good thing?”

            ‘Are you ing crazy?!’ Junhyung practically yelled.

            “No,” Ilhoon answered, “because this might be just what Junhyung needs. We’re going backstage tonight, right? Why not use it to our advantage?”

            “What are you up to, Ilhoon?” Jiyoon asked.

            Ilhoon smirked, “It’s time to get some long, overdue revenge.”

            “Nice set, Sungjong.” The blonde rapper placed a hand on the Infinite maknae’s shoulder after their rehearsal had finished.

            “Thanks Dongwoo-hyung.” Sungjong smiled slightly. His mind was a bit distracted as it always was when he performed these kinds of shows. It was not that he hated performing at the specific venue or that the type of concert bugged him. What really got under his skin was a certain group of which he was forced to be in close proximity.

            The leader walked over to the maknae and rapper, noticing the maknae’s uneasy expression. He immediately turned his head to the opposite side of the stage where a certain group was preparing for their set.

            “Them again?” Sunggyu questioned and the maknae nodded. The leader sighed. He knew why Sungjong hated the other group, hell just from Sungjong’s stories, their entire group was at odds, however, they knew they had to be professional, even if that meant being on the same stage as the infamous, 2PM.

            “They shouldn’t have what they have,” Sungjong mumbled. “They stole it from Yoseob’s crew.”

            “We know, Sungjong,” the vocalist L responded. “They shouldn’t have gotten away with that, but what can we do? What happened can’t be changed. Best just accept it and move on.”

            Sungjong sighed as the leader walked over and gave him a hug. “We’re sorry about what happened to your friend.”

            Sungjong sighed, looking down at the ground. “Yeah, me too.”

       

           

            Junho sighed as he sat down among his fellow 2PM members. The six boys were each tending to their own activities after rehearsal. Junho couldn’t help feeling uneasy and the eldest member immediately took notice.

            “What’s up, Junho?”

            “I caught Infinite’s Sungjong glaring at us again.” Junho sighed.

            “Ugh!” Taecyeon groaned. “What is that guy’s deal?! Every time he sees us he treats us like some kind of monsters!”

            “Can you blame him?!” Junho yelled. “He knows what we did in high school!”

            “Shut up!” Taecyeon yelled. “We agreed that that never happened!”

            “But it did!” Junho argued. “We can’t keep sweeping this under the rug! Because of us, six boys died!”

            Taecyeon clenched his fist, about to take a shot at Junho when Wooyoung stepped in the way. “Guys enough!” He groaned. “You always bring this up anytime we perform with Infinite.”

            “He brings it up,” Taecyeon argued childishly. “He can’t just let this go.”

            “We killed innocent students!” Junho yelled.

            “Shut up!” Taecyeon had his fist wrapped within Junho’s shirt, a tear rolling down his eye. “We didn’t kill them! They died on their own.”

            “Let him go, Taecyeon!” Jun. K pulled the rapper away from the younger boy. “It’s not worth it!”

            Taecyeon sighed and pulled away from the young vocalist.

            “Thanks, Jun. K,” Junho looked over at the eldest.

            “He’s right, though,” Jun. K said to the younger. “You have to try and let this go, Junho.”

            Junho grabbed the bottom of his shirt, twisting it as though he were a little kid.

            “What happened in the past stays in the past,” Jun. K said. “If you can’t accept it and move on, you’ll never be a good idol.”

            Junho looked away from the eldest. “Maybe I shouldn’t be...” The vocalist exited the dressing room, brushing past Nichkhun as he entered. He pulled his earphones out before watching the hysterical vocalist run down the hall.

            “Infinite again?” Nichkhun asked, only to receive nods from the other members.  He sighed before sitting next to the near-silent maknae, Chansung. The two of them had been really reluctant to talk about the incident from five years ago. Both of them felt guilty but Nichkhun was probably the most emotionally disturbed. He’d often find himself confronting his past within his dreams. He often wondered what possessed him to act out so cruelly. The things he did to the other students, especially Jaesoon, would haunt him forever.

            “Nichkhun?” Chansung called the elder boy.

            “Yeah?” Nichkhun glanced up from his ipod.

            “Are we monsters?”

            Nichkhun sighed before glancing up at the ceiling. “It’s possible... it’s very possible.”

 

            Ilhoon looked around the large stadium as the group headed to find their seats. It was his first time going to such a huge event. He couldn’t help the feeling of excitement in his stomach, even if his brother did not seem to share the same feeling.

            “Hey oppa?” Jiyoon walked over to Ilhoon but directed her attention to his shadow. “There’s no sunlight in here, why don’t you come out already?”

            “Don’t you think it’s kinda crowded?” Ilhoon asked.

            Sohyun looked around the arena before smiling. “No one is looking this way. Everyone is focused on their own thing or looking up towards the stage.”

            “Come on, Oppa,” Jiyoon called. “Come have some fun.”

            Ilhoon sighed as he kneeled onto the ground. He held out his hand as the elder Jung sibling emerged from the shadow and took it. The two of them stood up and Sohyun and Jiyoon smiled at them.

            “Oh this is so exciting!” Sohyun cheered. “I’ve wanted to see Bigbang so bad.”

            “And I know Ilhoon here is a huge Inspirit.” Jiyoon chuckled.

            “I like them but the real Inspirit is-”

            Ilhoon was immediately interrupted by his sister taking a photo of him with her phone. “You look so cute. I can’t wait to come here and see you performing on this stage.”

            “Yah, Noona! Quit embarrassing me!” Ilhoon yelled, making a grab for his sister’s phone.

            Jiyoon laughed while messing with her phone. “This is going on Instagram, ‘Ilhoon’s first concert. Lil brother looks so grown up. Hashtag: Baby-bro-wants-to-be-an-idol.”

            “Don’t you dare post that, Jiyoon!”

            Sohyun laughed at the two siblings before turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter