Grudge

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “What are those weapons, hyung?” Hongbin asked N as he prepared himself for battle.

            “I have no idea. The shadows must have a stronger influence than we initially thought,” N answered. “Ken, weren’t you supposed to be watching them?”

            Ken rolled his eyes. “Right, I’m going to train with Leo all day and spy at night. I slept, geez!” He spread his wings wide and hovered, his eyes focused on Changsub.

            “We’ll just have to do this the hard way,” Hongbin said before flapping his wings in preparation to rush in.

            “Don’t kill them,” N commanded. “Knock them out. We only want the shadows.”

            “You don’t have to tell me twice!” Ravi was already on the move, flying toward Sungjae. He swung his dagger toward the Btob maknae but the blade was quickly caught by Peniel’s gauntlet.

            Sungjae leapt up from behind Peniel and used his brother’s shoulder as a stepping stool the jump above Ravi, sending a punch toward the blond.

            Ravi spun in the air, successfully pulling his blade from Peniel’s grip as well as dodging Sungjae’s strike. The maknae’s fist made contact with the ground, causing a dent in the linoleum floor.

            Ravi soared backwards, gaining a bit of distance between him and the PenJae brothers.

            “Yoseob!”

            ‘Right!’

            Peniel placed his feet firmly on the ground, before using Yoseob’s telepathy to successfully launch himself at Ravi.

            Ravi dodged quickly, spinning towards Peniel when Sungjae launched himself at Ravi from behind.

            “!” Ravi cursed, seeing the maknae flying from behind him. “Stop!”

            Ravi instantly teleported and was now in the air, leaving Sungjae heading for Peniel.

            Peniel chuckled, “I knew you’d time-skip.” Sungjae withdrew his gloved hand and outstretched his other hand, allowing Peniel to catch it. The older boy spun around, using Sungjae’s momentum, and threw the younger boy above Ravi. The blonde had no time to react as the Btob maknae dove down, slamming his gauntlet into the rapper’s wing.

            Ravi flipped, before landing on his feet. He winced from the pain in his wing before sending a glare at the two brothers.

            “Give it up, Ravi,” Peniel called. “You’re not taking our shadow.”

            Ravi growled before launching himself at Sungjae. Sungjae caught his blade in his gauntlet, wincing from the force Ravi was putting into it.

            “You can’t take both of us!” Peniel yelled, sending a punch toward the rei.

            “Then... I’ll only fight one!” Ravi screamed, pulling his dagger from Sungjae, spinning and slicing across Peniel’s wrist causing his gauntlet to fall off and return to its original form of a winter glove.  

            Peniel groaned, putting pressure on his wounded wrist, causing Sungjae to growl out in anger.

            “How dare you hurt my brother!” Sungjae screamed before sending a flurry of strikes toward the blond.

            Ravi moved to dodge the younger boy but Sungjae’s strikes were not only powerful but unpredictable.

            Ravi jumped back, not noticing how close he had gotten to Peniel.  Without warning his foot caught on Peniel’s outstretched leg and he stumbled backwards.

            Sungjae began to gather power in his uncovered hand. The symbol glowed on his right hand and before Ravi could react, a powerful punch connected with his arm, causing the golden blade to fly out of his palm and across the cafeteria.

            Ravi fell back on his , looking up into the eyes of the scary maknae.                

            Sungjae drew his fist back and Ravi closed his eyes, bracing for the worst when Sungjae stopped his strike right in front of Ravi's face.

            "Why do you do this, Ravi?"

            Ravi opened his eyes to look up at the tear filled eyes of the Btob maknae.

            “Why are you always picking on me?” Ravi blinked, surprised as Sungjae lowered his fist. “Why are you always fighting with me? I want to believe you're not a jerk, but... Ever since I’ve entered this school, you’ve tortured me. You’re always making fun of me! You take my things and threaten to destroy them! And now you’re trying to kill my shadow? I know I can be a child. I know I’m goofy and sometimes a crybaby, but is that really the reason you targeted me? Is that the reason you became a bully? Why the hell are you doing this, Ravi?”

            Ravi stood up, clenching his fist, eyes cast downward.

            “Answer me! Why are you doing this, Ravi?”

           “You wanna know?” Ravi said, mumbling at first but his voice slowly rising, reaching a near-shout. “I targeted you because I envy you!”

            “What?”

            “Look at you! You’re fun, handsome, and you have the perfect family relationship. You and your brother are always together. You’re never alone like I am. And to top it all off, you can sing too. It’s not fair!”

            Sungjae stood shocked for a moment before approaching Ravi. “You envy me? I envy you. I mean, dude, you’re tall, athletic, have a deep and mysterious voice, and you can compose music. I can’t do that yet! Hell, I was super jealous when Peniel began to praise you. I thought you were going to take my brother away.”

            “I could never do that!” Ravi argued. “Even if I wanted to, separating you two is impossible. In the few times Peniel and I have talked, it was always about you.”

            “Seriously?”

            “Duh!” Ravi rolled his eyes.

            Sungjae sighed. “I guess I didn’t have much reason to be jealous, but neither do you.”

            Ravi looked away, glancing over at Peniel, who held his wrist to try and slow the bleeding. “I guess you’re right. We’re not so different after all.”

            “Peniel!” Yoseob emerged from the shadows, running over to the injured boy. “Peniel! Are you alright!”

            “It’s alright, Hyung, really.” Peniel tried to calm the flustered shadow. “Honestly, it’s not that deep.”

           “Regardless, you’re bleeding.” Yoseob reached into Sungjae’s bag and pulled out a handkerchief. He quickly wrapped it around Peniel’s wrist, making a bandage.

            “Hold up, hold up,” Ravi called, a smirk gracing his lips. “This is the dangerous shadow demon that’s supposedly plotting death and destruction? He’s barely a child.”

            Yoseob glared at the rei. “Excuse me? I’m five years older than you, I’ll have you know.”

            Ravi laughed. “This guy, he’s harmless.”

            Yoseob began to pout, causing Ravi to laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter