Games

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

           “Changsub!” Jihoon tried to run toward his best friend but was blocked by Rain’s outstretched arm.

            Rain shook his head, looking at the chaotic scene in front of him. “We can’t get involved in this. This is a war between the supernatural. It’s not our place to interfere.”

            “But he’s my best friend!” Jihoon yelled. Despite the various matches within the area, he couldn’t help focusing on the fight near the ceiling.

            “He’ll be okay,” Rain reassured the younger boy.

            “But how can you be sure?” Jihoon asked

            “I’m sure.” Rain smiled. “They’re strong enough to handle this.”

            Jihoon sighed, backing up and nodding gently. He had to have faith in his friend.

            Hyuna’s eyes were also focused on the battle within the rafters. Even though she wasn’t one-hundred percent sure what was going on, she couldn’t help worrying. ‘Please be safe, JS.’

 

            Ken wasn’t about to take on his opponent the same way as everyone else. While everyone took on the other Btob boys head-on, Ken decided to take to the air. He hovered near the ceiling with a smirk on his face, knowing just how Changsub would respond.

            Changsub pulled a black skateboard from the side of the room and ran after the Vixx vocalist. After picking up enough speed on foot, Changsub threw his board onto one of the cafeteria tables and jumped onto it.

            Changsub skated across the tables, leaping from one to another, trying to catch up to the boy in the air. “Hyunseung!”

            ‘Got it!’

            Various objects were lifted into the air allowing for Changsub to jump onto them, grinding up towards the ceiling towards Ken.

            Ken prepared his dagger and immediately guarded as Changsub launched off a broken chair and swung his chakram at him. Ken pushed Changsub back, allowing the Btob boy to backflip and land on one of the rafters.

            Changsub threw one of his circular blades at the Rei but Ken was able to easily dodge it.

            “Boomerang!” Changsub yelled.

            ‘On it!’ Hyunseung telepathically brought the sharp blade back toward him, sweeping around at Ken. Ken noticed the blade returning towards his direction and bent over backwards, allowing the ring to soar past just above him.

            Ken dove towards the ground before spreading his wings and sailing through the cafeteria tables.

            Changsub jumped down from the rafter as Hyunseung tilted a table at an angle which allowed Changsub to land and pick up speed to chase.

            ‘You holding up ok, Hyung?’ Changsub asked as he chased after the Rei.

            ‘Are you kidding? I’m having a blast!’

            Changsub chuckled. “Then how about a boost?”

            Hyunseung didn’t hesitate to telekinetically propel Changsub forward, allowing him to jump up onto the table tops once more.

            “Scissor strike!”

            Changsub threw both of his chakram out towards either side of the boy. The spinning blades immediately arced around, curving toward Ken from either side.

            Ken stopped midflight and immediately shot up into the air allowing the blades the cross directly beneath him. “Whoa, close one. That was like something out of an anime.”

            “Don’t get distracted!” He launched himself above Ken, using cafeteria trays as a makeshift ramp. He let his skateboard fall as he sprung off it, soaring above Ken. Changsub pulled off an impressive backflip before landing a direct kick between the boy’s wings.

            “Stop!” Ken yelled as he began to fall under the weight of Changsub’s foot. Within an instant he was on the ground panting and Changsub landed behind him.

            A smirk graced Ken’s lips and Changsub couldn’t help smiling back.

            “Hyung, take a rest.” Changsub clenched his fists, looking down at the chakram on the floor.

            ‘You sure?’ Hyunseung asked, masking the fact that the overuse of his powers had drained most of his energy.

            Changsub looked into Ken’s brown eyes before nodding. “I’ve got this.”

            As the two circular blades returned to peaches, Changsub launched himself toward the Rei, throwing a straight jab toward him.

            Ken dodged before throwing a few punches of his own, only to be blocked by Changsub’s quick reflexes.

            "I never pictured you as the athletic type." Ken remarked while ducking one of Changsub’s punches.

            "And I never thought you'd be a person I'd have to fight at full strength." Changsub swept under Ken's feet but the Rei jumped over his leg and slammed his fist into the back of the boy’s shoulder.

            Changsub stumbled forward and turned to see the smiling Vixx member.  He noted how the Rei's dagger had long been discarded and Ken folded back his wings behind him. He was bouncing between his two feet with his fists up preparing for Changsub’s attack.

            "Let’s end this here," Changsub suggested.

            Ken nodded. "One shot."

            Both boys stooped down preparing to strike as a silence fell between them. Ken's eyes flashed a bright white and the symbol on Changsub’s hand burned a bright purple. No one was sure exactly where it came from but at the drop of a small black stone between the two, Changsub and Ken launched at each other, their fists connecting with each other.

            Both boys stumbled forward, with backs to each other.  After several moments, Ken fell to his hands and knees, his wings retreating into his back.  

            Changsub began panting before turning to Ken who was now sitting and facing him.

            "Looks like you beat me." Ken smiled up at the victor. "I surrender."

            Changsub laughed before reaching down for the vocalist.  "Just barely.  This was probably the hardest game I've ever played. Lee Jaehwan, you really do make the best villain."

 

--

            Hyuk wasn’t prepared for Minhyuk to fight back. He wasn’t prepared to fight at all. He honestly hoped the sun amulet would have worked so he could kill Dongwoon and hold no regrets, but life wasn’t going to work out that way.

            Hyuk rushed at Minhyuk, swinging his dagger haphazardly at the older boy. Minhyuk calmly dodged each attack, observing Hyuk's movements.

            Hyuk became aggravated, spreading his wings and taking off above his red haired senior. He dove down towards the shadow beneath M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter