Showdown

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

            Ilhoon ran up the stairs to the roof of the high school. He was thankful that there were no cram school classes or student events that morning so no one was wandering about the campus.

            He arrived on the icy rooftop heaving heavy puffs of white air when he looked up only to see a familiar girl in the corner with her hands tied behind her back.

            "Jiyoon!" Ilhoon yelled, running to his sister’s side and pulling off her restraints.

            "Dammit," Jiyoon cursed.  "They ambushed me!"

            Jiyoon stood rubbing her wrists before turning to Ilhoon. "What the is going on here?! I know you’re at odds with Vixx but kidnapping?!"

            "This goes further than mere rivalry, Jiyoon," Ilhoon answered before turning to see a long haired, lion- eyed boy land before him, with raven wings spread wide.

            "Ilhoon, what is he?" Jiyoon asked.

            “Leo, I can't believe you'd stoop so low as kidnapping my sister!" Ilhoon yelled.

            Leo sighed. “I don’t like it any more than you but you wouldn't have come alone if I hadn't. Your sister’s free to go, and you will soon be too. I'm only after one thing." He pointed to the shadow beneath Ilhoon’s feet.

            "Surrender the demon and we'll end this whole ordeal."

            " off, Leo! You have no right coming between me and Junhyung!" Ilhoon yelled, taking a defensive stance.

            “Do you have any idea what a dangerous game you’re playing? That creature you call Junhyung is a danger to your life and the life of others. It only desires destruction!"

            "You’re wrong! Junhyung is my brother and also my shadow! We're a part of each other now, and you won't tear us apart!”

            Leo sighed. “So naive. If you won’t hand over the demon willingly...” He swiftly pulled a pair of daggers from the holsters strapped to his waist. “I’ll just have to take them.”

            Leo quickly flew at the silhouette beside Ilhoon but before he could get near it, he was blocked by Ilhoon, using his blade to guard Leo’s strike.  

            Leo leaped back, letting a low growl escape his lips. "Where did you get that sword?"

            "Wouldn’t you like to know?"

            Leo lunged at Ilhoon again and the blonde once again took a defensive stance. Just before coming into contact with his adversary Leo flew in air above Ilhoon and dove at him from above.

            'Left!'

            Following Junhyung’s instruction, Ilhoon jumped to his left, back flipping in the air to dodge Leo’s strike. Upon landing, Ilhoon pivoted, swinging his sword toward the elder boy’s wing, only to be blocked by the golden dagger.

            Ilhoon growled. 'This is going to be harder than I hoped.'

 

 

 

            Sohyun ran into the diner where Hyuna was already waiting. She had been out of breath from making calls and running from her house. She wasn't able to contact Minhyuk's cousin or Hyunsik's girlfriend but fortunately both girls were at the diner, one working and the other hanging out with her best friend.

            "Sohyun, what's going on?" Hyuna asked.  

            “I’m not one hundred percent sure but the Btob and Beast boys are in trouble. Jihoon will be here soon with Miss Gina, our teacher."

            "Your teacher knows?" Hyuna asked.

            "Junhyung’s girl, long story and no time to tell it. Have you gotten in touch with Jiyoon?"

            Hyuna shook her head. "I'm really worried."

            Sohyun sighed. "Keep trying to call her. I need to go talk to them." She pointed to the two girls across the room. "I'll be right back."

            Before Hyuna could say anything, Sohyun made a dash across the diner where Gayoon was cleaning a table while talking to Jihyun.

            "Excuse me," Sohyun said, interrupting the older girls' conversation.

            "Do we know you?" Jihyun asked, genuinely confused.

            "Not personally, but we were probably going to meet eventually, but that doesn't matter right now. You two are Minhyuk's cousin and Hyunsik's girlfriend right?"

            The two girls nodded, prompting Sohyun to continue.

            "How much do you know about shadows?"

            Gayoon and Jihyun both glanced sideways at each other before leaning towards Sohyun and quietly but simultaneously saying, "I can’t really talk about that here."

            The two girls were shocked overhearing each other's response before yelling to each other. "You know?!"

            "Wow." Sohyun smiled. "You each kept it secret from your best friend. You really are trustworthy, but that's not the point." The girls’ attention was onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter