You Remind Me

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

            “Ugh, I hate morning meetings!”

            Ken was in a desperate sprint as the early students were groggily entering the school building. He knew that the Vixx leader had called another meeting regarding the newly formed BtoB, but he couldn’t stand waking up so early to please that red-haired dictator.

            “Sorry I’m late,” Ken said as he arrived on the school roof where the other five Vixx boys were waiting.

            “Nice of you to finally show, Ken,” N commented, rolling his eyes.

            “I’m not a morning person.” Ken yawned.

            “Anyway, picking up where we left off,” N spoke to the dispirited group, “how do we deal with this new group?”

            “They’re not that much of a threat.” Hongbin commented, leaning back against the fence. “They’re just a bunch of dorks that managed to come together, once a dweeb always a dweeb.”

            “But they still found out Ravi’s weakness,” the maknae, Hyuk, commented, gesturing to the slightly nervous blonde.

            “J-Just because they freaked me out once,” Ravi began, glancing left and right, “d-doesn’t mean they’ll get me again. It’s not like they have a real dragon, right? Dragons don’t exist, right?”

            “Calm down, Hyung,” Hyuk placed a hand on Ravi’s shoulder causing the boy to jump.

            N groaned, “Ok the floor is open. What do you suggest?”

            “Maybe we should leave them alone,” Ken suggested. “I mean, what’s the point of picking a fight with them anyway?”

            “Seriously, Hyung, you want to quit on us,” Hongbin looked up on the brunette. “If we let this ‘BtoB’ off, then we give into their demands. Other people will find out we surrendered to a group of dorks and there goes all of our respect.”

            “Hongbin is right,” N confirmed, “We can’t leave those dorks alone.”

            Ken groaned, he never enjoyed bullying BtoB to begin with but just took it as a part of being a kingka.

            “For now,” N continued, “I think we’ll just observe. Everyone has a weakness. They may have discovered one of ours but we can easily retaliate and put those boys right back in their place. Hongbin, keep an eye on the freshman, I share a class with Scaredy-kwang, so I’ll watch him. Ken, you’re in a class with the role-play dork, so be sure to watch and learn.”

            Ken rolled his eyes, “Got it.”

            Hyuk placed an arm around Ken’s shoulders, “Yah, where’s your usual goofy spirit?”

            Ken smiled, rubbing the blonde’s hair. “Oh, you know, here, there, a little of everywhere.”

            “Ok, we’re done here,” N sighed, “We’ll meet here again this afternoon.”

            The Vixx members began to file off the roof as the leader sat, staring at the sky. ‘Damnit, Eunkwang, what the hell are you doing?’

            Leo walked up to the leader, observing his actions. “Hakyeon, we need to talk.”




 

            Class was just as boring as always for Ilhoon. He had a hard time paying attention, even with the hot, new teacher. He leaned forward, pretending to take notes, but instead doodled lightly in his notebook.

            “...so I hope you got that all written down, and feel free to come and ask if you have any questions for tomorrow’s quiz.”

            Ilhoon’s eyes darted up at Gina’s words, “Wait, what quiz?”

            The bell rang and the class began to file out. Ilhoon sighed heavily as his brother laughed.

            ‘You’re not very studious, are you?’ Junhyung remarked.

            Ilhoon looked down at his hand, ‘Shut up! You weren’t exactly student of the month either.’ Ilhoon was elated when Hyunsik called, telling him that telepathy was a two-way communication. He could finally retaliate his brother’s comments without looking insane in front of his class.

            “Jung Ilhoon,” Gina asked, looking at the strange boy as he nearly exited the class, “can I talk to you for a second?”

            ‘Busted,’ Junhyung teased.

            ‘Shut up,’ Ilhoon replied before walking up to the student-teacher. “Ok, if this is about the biology cabinet I was assigned to clean yesterday, I have nothing to do with the frogs going haywire. It totally wasn’t my fault.” Ilhoon shot a quick glare to his joker shadow.

            ‘I said I was sorry, I was just doing a quick experiment,’ Junhyung replied.

            ‘Frogs are insectivores, hyung! They don’t eat vegetables; especially not super spicy cafeteria kimchi.’

            ‘This would explain my freshman biology grade,’ Junhyung sighed.

            “What frogs?” Gina asked, breaking Ilhoon from his conversation.

            “Um, nothing, what did you want to talk about, Miss Gina?”

           Gina sighed before looking up at her student, “You see, I’ve observed you all week I’ve been here, and I couldn’t help but notice...”

            “I’m sorry, Miss Gina!” Ilhoon interrupted, “I swear, I’ll try harder. I just need to stop staying up so late.”

            “Yes, you do, but this has nothing to do with you sleeping in class, which frankly needs to stop.”

            “Oh,” Ilhoon sighed. “Then, what is this about, if I may ask?”

            “I’m just going to cut straight to the chase. Does the name ‘Jung Jaesoon' mean anything to you?”

            Ilhoon’s eyes widened, as he fell silent.

            ‘She remembers me? She actually remembers me?’ Junhyung transmitted. ‘Ilhoon, say something!’

            “I’m sorry,” Gina continued, “It’s just your appearance and mannerisms seem similar to a boy I use to know in high school. And considering that your surname is Jung, I just thought...”

            “He’s my brother,” Ilhoon quietly spoke.

            “Oh,” Gina sighed heavily, “guess I kinda figured.”

            Ilhoon looked up at Gina, sensing her lament and shook his head, giving her a soft smile. “Hey, it’s ok. I’m not sad.”

            Gina nodded keeping her eyes turned from Ilhoon. “Your brother... he was certainly something special.”

            Ilhoon chuckled, “Tell me about it.”

            “Well,” Gina began, “He was kind, talented, and even a bit philosophical.”

            “Are you sure we’re talking about the same person?” Ilhoon joked.

            ‘Yah!’ Junhyung felt insulted.

           Ilhoon chuckled, before looking at Gina’s sad face. He sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder. “I, um, I heard that he was supposed to write a rap for your song back in high school.”

            “You knew about that?” Gina asked and Ilhoon nodded.

            “He told me,” Ilhoon leaned back against the wall, “and he was working really hard on it before... you know. He didn’t wanna let you down.”

            “He didn’t let me down,” Gina smiled. “I know Jaesoon was working hard on his rap and I was looking forward to working with him. I just wish I knew what happened to him.”

            “Well, actually,” Ilhoon bit his lip, “the truth is...”

            ‘Ilhoon!’ Junhyung manipulated Ilhoon’s foot with telekinesis, causing the boy to fall to the floor.

            “Yah! What was that for?!” Ilhoon yelled out.

            “What was what for?” Gina asked the awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter