Wings

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “What the hell do you mean you’re the blood Rei?!” Minhyuk yelled at the red haired Vixx leader.

           “I mean, I come from a family of Rei,” N elaborated. “I got my wings on my thirteenth birthday and...”

            “Wait, is that why you didn’t want me at your birthday party? Is that why you moved away? Is that why you told me you never wanted to see me again?”

            “Mostly, but I’ll explain that at another time.” N sighed. “I met Leo less than a week after I moved in with my parents and turned him about a month later. Leo used my feathers to turn the others, without my knowledge. Sneaky bastard, how he’d managed to steal my feathers I don’t even know, but that’s beside the point.  I turned Leo because it was the only way to save his life.”

            “What?” Everyone, even the Vixx members, was startled by this new information.

            “It’s long and complicated,” N said “But trust me. If Leo’s wings are cut it could kill him.”

            The Btob and Beast members looked at each other nervously.

            “Eunkwang!” N got in front of the Btob leader. “Please! We have to save both Leo and Ilhoon. You have to help me!”

            Eunkwang nodded. “Let’s go!



 

            “Jaesoon! Jaesoon!”

            Ilhoon woozily sat up. Everything was fuzzy. He could barely register the panicked cries what sounded like his sister, or decipher the agonized screams of Junhyung. Why was Jaesoon screaming?

            “Let go of him, you monster!” Jiyoon yelled as she clung to Leo’s back.

            “Will you get off me?” Leo yelled as he held Junhyung in a chokehold. “Why do you even care about this demon?”

            “He’s my ing brother!” Jiyoon called as she punched Leo’s temple.

            Leo growled out in anger before tossing Junhyung aside, reaching for his back, and pulling Jiyoon off.

            “He is not your brother! Your brother is dead!” Leo yelled when he held Jiyoon in front of him.

            Ilhoon’s eyes widened. Everything at once flooded back to him. He remembered finding Junhyung, creating a link with him, writing music with him, hanging out with him, performing with him, bonding with him, and fighting with him. He remembered where he was and who he was fighting and most importantly, he remembered his brother was not dead.

            “DROP MY SISTER!” Ilhoon yelled before rushing Leo and punching him across the face.

            Leo stumbled back, spreading his wings as he dropped Jiyoon.

            “Ilhoon,” Jiyoon ran to her younger sibling. “Are you ok?”

            “I’m fine,” Ilhoon said, panting. He glanced behind him to see Junhyung in the corner. He could see parts of him slowly dissolving away. He clenched his teeth before turning to Leo, his eyes filled with anger and hatred.

            “Ilhoon, I...”

            “Go shade Junhyung.” Ilhoon cut off his sister.

            “But Ilhoon, you...”

            “I’ll be fine,” Ilhoon said. “Get Jun into the shade! He doesn’t have much time. I’ll stay here and fight Leo.”

            “But you can’t fight him alone!”

            Ilhoon sighed. “I’m never alone. Now go!”

            Jiyoon nodded before running over to Junhyung.

            Leo slowly approached Ilhoon. “I guess he’s still controlling your mind, even when he’s near death.”

            “Are you ing psychopathic?” Ilhoon yelled. “Do you have any feelings at all? Are all reis like this? Open your eyes, dammit! Junhyung did nothing wrong and you did this!”

            “He’s a demon! And a shadow demon for that matter!” Leo retorted. “Just his existence is wrong. He can’t be trusted! No demon can be trusted!”

            “I won’t stand by and let you hurt him again!” Ilhoon yelled as he grabbed the yardstick from the ground. The symbol on his hand glowed and a purple aura consumed the measuring tool.

            Ilhoon ran at Leo as the aura took the shape of a sword. He slashed down as Leo held up his dagger to guard. He was slowly getting pushed back from the force of Ilhoon’s attack. Ilhoon repeatedly slashed down at the Rei, nudging him further across the roof. Leo swiftly drew his other dagger, swiping at Ilhoon before kicking him in the stomach.

            Leo flipped up onto his feet before taking a defensive stance. “I see I have no choice but to knock you out. You’ll thank me for this later.”

            “ you!” Ilhoon leapt up above Leo before stabbing down at him. Leo guarded with one of his blades before flipping up and kicking him. Ilhoon skidded across the roof before looking up at the Rei hovering above him.

            Ilhoon glanced behind him where Jiyoon had pulled their brother into a shady spot behind the school air conditioner. Even though the girl was doing her best, spreading her jacket to shield Junhyung from the sunlight, the shadow was still dissolving. He had to try and end this fast or he could lose his family.

            Ilhoon stood up, holding out his katana. His goal was in sight: Leo’s wings. Ilhoon ran toward the boy and as Leo prepared a counter strike he noticed the blonde boy ran past him and toward the fence. Ilhoon jumped up towards the chain-links before spinning, and landing his feet on the metal. He pushed off of it, flying up towards the Rei and grabbing his foot.

            Leo nearly fell out of the air, shaken by the extra weight but he quickly steadied himself, pulling Ilhoon higher into the air. Ilhoon let the aura fade before dropping his yardstick from his hand and catching it between his feet. Using both his arms he swung back and forth from Leo’s leg. The Rei tried to shake him off but Ilhoon held on tight, doing his best to build up momentum.

            As Ilhoon reached the peak of his swing, he let go of Leo’s foot, flying up behind him. Ilhoon released the yardstick from between his feet and flipped over in the air, catching the yardstick and reforming his aura into a blade around the stick. Ilhoon struck down at Leo, aiming for his wings, but Leo was quick and spun in the air, using his dagger to intercept the strike and slide it off his blade.

            Ilhoon cursed as he fell from the air. He quickly flipped over, landing on his feet, but before he could recover his footing Leo dove at him. Ilhoon held out his sword as Leo’s blade came crashing down toward him.

            “Enough of this!” Leo yelled as he put pressure on the blade. Ilhoon could feel the strain on the yardstick as it began to crack in his hands.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter