Seers

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “Guys!” N ran up to the small group in the park. “We’re here, we made it!”

    “Yah, Hyung,” Ken whined. “You’re really cutting it close.”

    “I know, Ken,” the boy smirked. “Fashionably late as always. Anyway, I brought him.” N spun around on his heel and whistled as a sharp-eyed, black haired boy approached the group.

    “Guys,” N smiled. “I’d like to introduce you to my bestest best friend, Jung Taekwoon, but you can call him Leo.”

    Ken immediately ran to the newcomer and extended a hand to him. “Put ‘er there, Leo-ah!”

    The newcomer glanced at Ken’s hand before indifferently turning his head.

    “Hakyeon talks really highly of you, Taekwoon-ssi,” the young Hongbin smiled.

    Leo simply sighed, rolling his eyes.

    “Hyung says you’re a really great singer!” The maknae bounced happily but Leo simply shrugged it off.

    “Hakyeon, can I talk to you for a second?”

    N nodded and walked aside with Ravi, allowing his friends to get acquainted with his best friend.

    “Hakyeon, are you sure this guy is gonna work out? He’s not at all how you described him.” Ravi quietly addressed the dark-skinned boy.

    “What do you mean? Leo’s perfect for this, Ravi.” N smiled.

    “Oh,” Ravi rose an eyebrow, “While we were at camp, you described your friend as being some kind of super fun, super singer.”

    “He is!” N yelled.

    “You said he can melt hearts with his voice.”

    “He can!’

    “You said he’s really nice and fun to be around.”

    “He is!”

    Ravi sighed, “You said he has a soft spot for animals and kids.”

    “He does!”

    “That’s not what I’m seeing.”

    The two boys looked over to see Leo slowly backing away from the bouncing Hyuk and Ken.

    “Ok, Ravi,” N sighed. “Maybe Leo isn’t exactly as amazing as I made him out to be, but it’s only because he’s shy and different. But everything I said about Leo at camp is one-hundred percent true, and he can sing! I swear he can.”

    Ravi sighed, “You better be right. This day means the world to me.”

    “I already taught him your song. Your great grandmother will love it, I swear.”

    Ravi sighed nervously as Leo approached the two boys, “Can we just get this over with.”

   

    There was a large group gathered at picnic tables, lined up to face a gazebo in the middle of the park. People of all ages were gathered, and an elderly lady sat in the center garnering all the attention.

    “Attention, attention please,” The happy group settled down turning to the gazebo up front where a young woman was standing. “Thank you all for coming; this family is so filled with love right now. I’m so glad you all came to celebrate Grandma Kim Ae Cha’s ninetieth birthday.”

    The large group cheered as the elderly lady waved.

    “And as a special treat, Grandma, your great- grandson Wonshik and his friends have prepared a special show for you. So let’s all give a warm welcome to Kim Wonshik.”

    Ravi walked onto the gazebo and sat behind a keyboard that was already set up. The rest of the group each grabbed a microphone.

    “Hey, everyone,” Ravi spoke nervously. “As you all know, I’m Wonshik.” Ravi paused, nervously. “Um...these are my friends I met at camp, and this is a song I’ve been working on for a while. Um... I hope you all like it.”

    Ravi looked around at the rest of the group and N smiled to him. He then pressed a button on his keyboard and started playing the piano.

    Hongbin took ahold of the microphone first and started singing once the beat started. “♪Ansseureowot neunji chinhan chingu nomi sogaereul shikyeo jwosseo. Neoboda deo joheun yeojal manna geuman neol ijeurago.”

    “♪Cheosinsangeun gwaenchanhasseo myohage waenji neowa jom darmasseo,” Hyuk was next to sing. He wasn’t as nervous as the others about performing but something about Leo didn’t sit right with him.

    “♪Tto mwora mwora haneun geonji gwie kkochiji anha, nae mameun neo hanappuningeol,” N sang happily before turning to look at his apathetic friend next to him. Leo simply bobbed his head to the beat as Ken sang his part.

    “♪Nae malkkeunmada baeeoinneun neo, Yeah. Nae malkkeunmada ssodajineun neo Yeah,” everyone paused and was shocked, hearing Leo sing out his next line. His powerful yet gentle singing voice was a complete contrast to the cold, quiet boy they had met earlier. Ken was so stunned he almost forgot to sing his next line.

    “♪Naega johahaneun geot, heunhan ilsang gateun geol. Geureon ppeonhan jilmunmajeo naegen cham nangamhae, geu daedabeun neoinikka.”

   

    The performance ended with the large amount of applause from the happy family. Ravi instantly ran out into the crowd to hug his great-grandmother while rest of the group quietly exited the gazebo.

    Leo stepped aside and let out a huge sigh as N ran up, wrapping his arm around the boy’s neck, “LEO!” Leo groaned as Hakyeon continued, “I knew you could do it! I never doubted you for a second.”

    “...N, could you get off m-”

    Leo was instantly cut off by three other boys jumping on him and N and knocking them to the ground.

    “Leo!” Ken yelled, “That was sooo cool! We gotta be besties now!”

    “N-hyung,” Hyuk cheered, “you were right about him! He really is amazing.”

    “I can’t believe how cool that was,” Hongbin smiled. “Leo really has to join our group now!”

    “What do you say, Leo-ah?” N looked down to his best friend on the bottom of the dog pile.”

    “I can’t breathe,” Leo quietly voiced.

    “Then it’s settled,” Ravi walked over, sitting on top of the dog pile. “From this day on, we’re a team.”

    “Best friends forever!” Ken cheered along with Hyuk and Hongbin.

    N laughed, looking at his friend, “see, Leo. I told you you’d like these guys.”

    Leo struggled a bit to pull out from the bottom of the dog pile, but through all his struggling, he couldn’t help the small smile appearing on his face. This was gonna be a long and lasting friendship.


 

    N sat alone on his balcony, looking up at the night sky while sipping a carton of banana milk. ‘Leo, if I knew you were going to do this, would I even have introduced you to them?’

    He took a deep sigh and stood up to go back into his house when a strange feeling hit him like a bolt of lightning. His eyes widened and he turned to the house down the hill from his. ‘Oh no.’

Instantly, he leapt off his balcony and landed on top of the wall separating his yard from the main road. He jumped off the wall, stumbling slightly and ran down the street until he came to face a large gate in front of an even larger house. There, in front of the gate, stood a dark-haired boy.

    “Leo, did you feel that?!” N asked his friend.

    “Ravi,” was his simple response.

    “Damn!” N cursed, “But it’s too soon.”

    “I told you to tell them,” Leo voiced, “or they’d find out on their own.”

    N groaned, “I didn’t think you meant tonight. Fine, head over to Ravi’s house, I’ll get the others and meet you there.”

    Leo nodded and started to walk away when N stopped him.

    “And Leo, don’t do anything foolish. We don’t know what we’re dealing with yet.”

    Leo sighed and nodded before walking away.

    N turned in the opposite direction of Leo and looked to the sky, ‘Let’s just hope they’re ready to hear this.’



 

    “This game isn’t over, Jihoon!”

    Four mages hovered over an active volcano, each holding a hand of cards.  The volcano was covered by three weak platforms and atop the highest platform stood a single skeleton monster.

    Changsub waved his arm holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter