War

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

            “♪Hmmm, yea-eh-yeah.”

            “♪This is seeya.”

            “♪Oh yeah.”


 

            Ilhoon stood on stage rapping for his teacher. Despite learning the song in only two days, he performed his lyrics perfectly, surprising everyone. Everyone applauded Ilhoon’s rap however, the boy wanted to give credit to the true lyricist, his brother, Junhyung.

“♪Inneun cheok haneun namjan donman barkhindaeyo geureonnamjan mannaji mallaeyo.”  Gina sang her part and Ilhoon tried hard to hide his laughter as he rapped his next line. Gina looked beautiful on stage, perhaps too beautiful, and this was causing Junhyung to lose his cool.

            “♪Nan Beautiful girl cheongbajiga joha.”

            ‘Damn right, you’re beautiful,’ Junhyung remarked, and Ilhoon bit his lip to keep himself from laughing.

            ‘Hyung, quiet, I’m trying to be professional here,’ Ilhoon responded glancing at his hand holding the microphone.

            ‘Sorry, Sorry,’ Junhyung apologized.

           

“♪Josimseure naegero dagawa Yeah, buggeureoun cheok hamyeonseo Oops, oops”

            “♪Buggeureoun cheogin cheok one step, two step, nae mami mami iggeullineun daero”

           

Ilhoon worked hard, performing the song about a younger guy falling for an older girl. He improvised a bit on the choreography because he hadn’t rehearsed any with his teacher, but the audience was convinced that the two of them had been performing together for years. Although Ilhoon gave the impression that he, himself, had a crush on Gina, mentally he was just setting the stage for his brother to stand with the girl of his dreams.

            Ilhoon linked arms with Gina to dance with her on stage and Junhyung could feel the heat rising to his face.

            ‘Yah, Jung Ilhoon, don’t touch my girl!’ He yelled and Ilhoon chuckled.

            Ilhoon smiled, letting go and dancing alongside her. ‘Hyung, I’m just performing.’

            ‘No, you’re driving me crazy!’

            At this point Ilhoon hatched a brilliant scheme. Perhaps if he couldn’t tease his brother enough, he could trick Junhyung into appearing in front of Gina soon. Too bad it was still day.

            “♪Nan Beautiful girl nan ssaeng-eori joha, maeil achimmada sigane jjotgyeobwayo”

            Ilhoon continued dancing near Gina as he could feel Junhyung’s jealousy rising.

            ‘You can tone it down a little,’ Junhyung commented.

            ‘I’m just putting on a performance,’ Ilhoon retorted before going over his next line in his head and rapping it aloud.

            ‘You are so going to get it once this show is over.’


 

            Ilhoon stood backstage once the show ended. There was a large table assorted with snacks for the performers. Ilhoon took a bottle of water to his lips when the rest of BtoB approached him.

            “Hyung, that was awesome!” Sungjae cheered.

            “Thanks,” Ilhoon simply responded, setting his bottle down.

            “You really looked like you were having fun, Ilhoon,” Hyunsik responded. “At some points, I thought you were going to burst out laughing.”

            “Yeah, I was,” Ilhoon smirked. “A certain someone was being a little too obsessive over Gina.”

            ‘I’m not being obsessive; you’re just creeping up on my girl.’

            ‘Your girl?!’ The other five Beast members remarked causing the BtoB members to snicker.

            ‘I mean... what I meant was... ah, shut up!’ Junhyung became flustered. He was going crazy watching his brother perform with his crush. He thought he had given up on Gina when became a shadow but apparently his feelings for the older woman were still there.

            ‘Hey, if Junhyung and Gina had babies, would they be a shadow to themselves?’ Hyunseung asked and the rest of Beast, with the exception of Junhyung, started laughing, along with Changsub.

            ‘You’re going to pay for that comment, Jang Hyunseung,’ Junhyung transmitted.

            “What’s so funny?” Minhyuk asked Changsub.

            “S-Something 4D that Hyunseung just said,” Changsub answered between his laughter. “He just asked that if Junhyung and Gina had babies-”

            ‘Don’t repeat it!’ Junhyung transmitted, but his objection was unheard as Changsub repeating the joke.

            Ilhoon fell to the ground, laughing, along with the rest of BtoB and Junhyung couldn’t help glaring at his brother.

            ‘This is your fault,’ Junhyung whined.

            “Someone’s pouting,” Ilhoon sang and the BtoB and Beast boys laughed even harder.

            ‘That’s it!’ Junhyung raised his finger and levitated a slice of cake off of the table, flinging it into Ilhoon’s face. Junhyung started laughing as Ilhoon wiped the frosting from his eyes.

            The BtoB boys continued laughing as Ilhoon rolled his eyes, “Cake to the face, Hyung, real mature.”

            ‘Suits me just fine.’

            “What’s so funny?” Gina walked over, halting the boys’ laughter.

            “Nothing, Miss Gina,” Ilhoon turned his head, hiding the cake from his teacher. Just an inside joke.”


 

           



 

            The following Monday was like a dream to the BtoB boys. Word spread fast about their debut at the charity event and everyone wanted to congratulate the seven on a job well done. There were internet videos taken by the classmates spreading around the school like wildfire. For a moment, news of BtoB was even more popular than the kingkas, much to the Vixx boys’ dismay.

            Ravi was sitting with Hongbin in the classroom when the three BtoB boys entered. It wasn’t long before a small group of fans swarmed the boys, asking questions about their song and choreography.

            “Ilhoon, Ilhoon,” one girl asked, “Did you really write that song in only a few days?”

            “Peniel,” another asked, “Who came up with your dance? It’s so cute!”

            “Sungjae-ah,” one girl swooned, “Can you sing for me?”

            Ravi was fuming with anger. He couldn’t stand those little punks getting so much attention, but Hongbin didn’t seem as upset.

            “Ladies,” Hongbin announced, “Don’t you think you’re overcrowding the rookies. Keep in mind this was their first time performing, they’re not used to this kind of attention. You’re probably scaring them. Wouldn’t it be better if you came and hung out with Ravi and I?”

            Hongbin flashed the girls his award-winning smile, and instantly got back his screaming fan club.

            “Sleek bastard,” Sungjae mumbled under his breath.

            “Hey, it’s fine,” Ilhoon smiled. “Junhyung says he’s just doing this because he’s scared we’ll steal his fan base. We’ve got them on the ropes.”

            Sungjae chuckled and Peniel smiled.

            “What are we gonna do to them next?” Sungjae asked.

            ‘Nothing,’ Yoseob answered for the group. ‘It’s their move.’

            “Ok, class, settle down,” Gina entered the classroom. “Kim Wonshik, please return to your own class.”

            “Aww,” Ravi pouted, “But I wanna be let back and have you as a teacher.”

            “Cheesy,” Gina responded, unaffected by Ravi’s sweet talk. “Go to class, Wonshik.”

            Ravi sighed, hopping off Hongbin’s desk. He exited the classroom, but instead of heading off to his own room, he decided to stay nearby, waiting for Hongbin to make his move.

            “Alright, before we begin class, I have an announcement to make.”

            The class immediately took their seats; hanging on Gina’s every word. Hongbin leaned back in his chair, a smirk appearing on his face.

            “Now, as you know, last Saturday was Konyang University Children’s Hospital’s charity concert, and our very own BtoB gave an excellent performance.” Gina paused as the classroom gave the three Bto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter