Talk

Lord of Shadows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I hyperlinked two songs. The first is use in the story and the second one I feel is just a great song for the moment.

 

 

 

            Changsub calmly walked the halls alongside his best friend, despite the chaos around him. The students had been all over him all day, requesting autographs and asking for songs. It was becoming a bit frustrating but Changsub had finally found a way to wade through the anarchy.

            Changsub adjusted the false glasses on his eyes before scratching at the black wig on his head.

            "How you holding up there C?" Jihoon asked.

            Changsub shrugged. "I'm pretty sure I'm ok now. Being a kingka is crazy."

            Jihoon chuckled. "You’re not a kingka yet."

            Changsub smiled. "But it could happen.”

            Jihoon nodded before looking around the hallway.  ”So, tell me, what's happening with Ilhoon and Sohyun?”

            "They are official." Changsub smiled. “Took them long enough."

            "No kidding." Jihoon smirked. "Anyone could see they liked each other."

            Changsub nodded. “Hyunsik also has a girlfriend now. She knows about Kikwang but not about everything. She’s actually friends with Dongwoon’s new girlfriend."

            "Dongwoon got a girlfriend? How? He's not human!"

            'Hey, what's that supposed to mean?' Hyunseung complained. 'I'm not human either and I have a girlfriend!'

            "She’s technically not your girlfriend yet, Hyung."

            'Details.'

            "What’s Hyunseung going on about?" Jihoon asked.

            “Just his relationship with Hyuna," Changsub answered.

            “Oh, did he get anywhere with her since the dance thing?”

            Changsub chuckled, causing Hyunseung to groan. “Well yes and no. Jiyoon and Sohyun kinda told her a few more details. She now knows what Hyunseung is but not his name.”

            “Does she still like him?” Jihoon asked

            “Who knows, we’ll find out this weekend when Hyuna comes to visit. She really wants to talk to him.”

            Jihoon chuckled before turning to the shadow. “Well good luck to you, Hyung.”

            Hyunseung sighed. ‘I wonder if this is really gonna work between us.’

            "So, regarding today's meeting," Changsub began.  "I'm thinking of discussing a second series of cards with J. Hyunseung gave me several ideas for cards to add to Krakatoa."

            "J's not coming today," Jihoon spoke, looking down at his phone.

            "Again?"

            "He said he completely bombed another test so he has cram school, tutoring and college preparation courses every day."

            "How could someone who spends so much time studying possibly fail a test?”

            "Sometimes, I wonder if he's really studying." Jihoon pondered.

            The two boys were approaching their clubroom when a familiar boy in a black snapback and 'Hyunsik's entourage' t-shirt ran up to them.

            “Yo, Changsub! How’s my second favorite, almost kingka doing?”

            Changsub tried to shush the boy when a girl began to shout, “Lee Changsub!”

            “Damnit Jackson!” Changsub yelled before making a mad dash for the Role-play guild room. Jihoon and Jackson watched a crowd of girls chase Changsub before Jihoon gave the other boy a hard glare.

            “You don’t know the meaning of subtlety do you?”

            Jackson shrugged before watching Changsub and sighed longingly. “Lucky bastard."

 

 

 

            Eunkwang could cut the tension in the room with a knife. He knew he was supposed to be paying attention to the lead queenka as she was explaining the final stages of the Kingka vote but he couldn't help being distracted by the red haired Vixx leader across the room.

            N had been stealing glances at him and his shadow throughout the meeting. He looked exhausted but determined at the same time.  He was a complete contrast to the Hakyeon he used to know. He wanted his friend back. He needed to talk to him.

            "Alright, I'm going to go get the surveys we took on the vote," Sojin announced to the two kingka candidates before excusing herself and leaving the room.

            "So..." Eunkwang began after Sojin left.  "It's kinda unreal...the two of us in this situation.”

            N remained silent so Eunkwang let out a heavy sigh.

            "I uh... I never imagined a couple of elementary outcasts could have the potential to be kingkas."

            N turned away, ignoring the orange haired boy. Eunkwang sunk down in his chair.  

            "Why don't you talk to me anymore, Hakyeon?" Eunkwang asked. His head was fighting back the tears he had built up from years of missing his old best friend. "You may or may not remember, but we were once close. We were inseparable. You were like a brother to me. Why did it stop? Why don't we talk anymore?"

            "What would I have to say to a loser like you?"

            N's words were harsh but Eunkwang did what he could to shake them off.

            "I... I don’t think you actually believe that." Eunkwang replied. "I still think... what we had meant something to you.  You’re not a bully, you hated bullies!"

            "Times, and people change."

            "Even so, I don’t think you have. You still laugh the same, you’re still sensitive, and you still nag the crap out of people, even if it's not me anymore! I've seen you with the other Vixx members! You’re kind, funny, caring, motherly! You’re still Hakyeon!"

            "Will you quit living in the past?" N snapped back at the BtoB leader. "I've changed, so it's best you just forget about everything we went through." He slung his backpack over his shoulder and began to head for the door. "I already have."

           Eunkwang watched as the red haired boy nearly reached the exit before inadvertently blurting out, "I know what you are!"

            N stopped, his eyes were wide as he turned toward Eunkwang. "What?"

            'Eunkwang, what are you doing? Our plan!' Doojoon began to panic.

            “I know what you are, Hakyeon. And I know what you are trying to do." Eunkwang's eyes were now focused on N, a new, serious glare adorning his features.

            "I don’t want to hurt you because I still value what we had. But I swear on my life, I will not let you hurt Doojoon."

            N stared back at Eunkwang, with a look on his face virtually unreadable to the other. It was a mixture of hurt, pity and anger, which somehow made Eunkwang shake in fear.

            ‘Watch out, Eunkwang. We don’t know what he could be capable of.’  Doojoon warned, moving Eunkwang’s backpack toward him under the table.

            N sighed heavily before turning away and punching the wall. A small tear fell from his eye, but he kept it hidden from the other boy. “...doesn’t matter.” Eunkwang could barely hear N’s words as the boy walked through the doorway. “You’re better off forgetting.”

            Eunkwang sighed before sinking back into his chair.

            ‘That was incredibly reckless, Eunkwang! What if N attacked?!’ Doojoon scolded.

            Eunkwang shook his head. “I know, but this was the only chance I had to talk to him. The war between us may tear us apart, so he needed to know how I feel. I still care deeply for Hakyeon, and I refuse to give up on him.”

            Outside, N leaned against the wall. He had overheard Eunkwang’s words, and he had to admit he felt bad about what he was doing to Eunkwang but he had to get rid of that shadow demon. It was the only way to protect his old friend’s life.

            N pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number as he walked away. He waited for a moment before a person picked up the other line.

            “Leo, it’s me... things have become complicated. Let’s start the operation tomorrow.”

 

 

 

            ♪Yey yey yey yey hotter than summer time♪          

            Ilhoon fell back on the stage floor as Junhyung looked down on him with a smile on his face.

            “How’s he looking, Sohyun?!” Junhyung called out to the audience where Sohyun was controlling the sound system.

            “Got a long way to go,” Sohyun called, swinging her legs.

            “Alright, then let’s take it from the top.” Junhyung smiled pulling Ilhoon up to his feet

            “This isn’t fair,” Ilhoon whined. “You just wrote this song two nights ago! How the hell could Hyunseung and Kikwang already have choreography that the rest of you all know? How do you all already know the lyrics and the melody? How the hell did you record everything in one night?!”

            “Hey, a shadow’s gotta keep some secrets.” Junhyung smirked. “Now let’s take it from the top once more!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter