Smiling Fool

Where My Heart Takes Me

* Narrator's POV *

It was a fine Friday afternoon. The sun was shining brightly and the birds were chirping melodious tunes. Then there was a boy with dark brown hair hiding behind the curtains while looking at the sweet scene outside with a dark expression.

" Grrrhhhh. I wish I know how to play guitar. Hmpph. Chanyeol hyung is stealing Sunmi's attention from me." Sehun said grumpily.

"BOO!" LuHan shouted right next to Sehun's ear.

"AHHHH! Hyung, You scared me!" Sehun exclaimed while trying to calm his rapid heartbeat.

"hahahahah sorry. What were doing hiding behind the curtains Kid?" Luhan asked while scratching his head cutely.

Sehun looked at Sunmi and Chanyeol outside then, he let out a "HMPPH" Luhan followed his gaze and saw Chanyeol teaching Sunmi how to play guitar. His heart died a little at the closeness of the two. But he put on a pokerface in front of Sehun. "Come on Sehunnie. Sunmi promised to play with you later remember?"

Sehun's face bightened at that and nodded his head furiously. "OH yeah! She said she wants to fly with me. hehe."

"ahaha. Yeah she did. Remember not to drop her or you will get it from me arraseo?" Luhan warned Sehun. Then, Luhan looked at Sunmi through the window and sighed. He was feeling a bit sad that everyone was hanging out with her except him. --

Dinner time!

Everyone except Kris was gathered in the dining room waiting for Kris to return from work. Lately, Suho and Kris had been super busy taking turns doing their princely duties. Speak of the devil, Kris entered the dining hall with a huge box that was wrapped with a big pink bow on top.

"GeGe ! You're home!" Tao jumped on Kris. He had missed his Gege very much since he barely sees Kris nowadays.

"haha Huang Zitao, get off boy." Kris chuckled a little and ruffled the boy's head.

"Hyung, What's that?" Sehun used his aegyo voice while pointing at the big box with the pink bow.

"Save it, SEHun. This is for me, right Ge?" Tao stuck his tongue out at Sehun and asked Kris while trying to grab the big box from his hand.

"UM. NO." Kris pushed Tao's forehead away with his left hand while holding the box further away from Tao with his right hand. Kris walked toward the table and searched for a certain girl who was currently engaged in a foot war with Kai who was sitting across from her. Kris felt a little annoyed at the fact that Sunmi didn't even greet him. He coughed very loudly hoping to gain her attention. Sunmi finally noticed Kris standing at the head of the table.

"AYO. WHADDUP KREASE?" She said while making an upside down peace sign with her hand.

"Um Can I speak to you privately for a little while?" Kris asked her. He was very aware of the curious pairs of eyes on him when he said that.

"um ohhkay?" Sunmi awkwardly got up and followed Kris to his room. When the two left, the dining was filled with not so quiet whispers.

Kris's room was semi well kept. He mostly has a lot of documents on his desk and there was an alpaca plushie on his bed. Sunmi was feeling awkward at first. She sat down on the edge of Kris's bed nervously. Sunmi has never been there before, Kris doesn't allow anyone in there. So, she knew how much of a big deal this is. She was playing with the hem of her t-shirt and waited for Kris to speak.

"um. uhhhh. ahah. I don't know how to do this." Kris laughed and nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Kris,What is it? You can tell me anything." Sunmi said slightly concerned that THE oh-so-mighty Kris was acting like a  shy teenage boy in front of her.

"w-will y-you be m-my d-date to a costume party?" Kris stuttered while looking anywhere but Sunmi's face. Sunmi didn't reply for awhile. She was frozen in spot trying to process what Kris just asked her. She has never been asked out before. Sunmi didn't know what to say. On the other hand, Kris was growing impatient and shook Sunmi out of her trance.

"um. Did you seriously just asked me to be your date?" Sunmi asked. She was slightly unsure.

"yeah. I did." Kris answered while blushing like a fool in front of Sunmi.

"y-yes."

"What?"

"Yes I will be your date."

"Really?"

"yeah."

"REALLY?"

"haha yes."

" REALLY really REALLY?"

"OH MY GOSH Kris. YES."

Kris was so happy.He couldn't contain his happiness. He lifted Sunmi off the bed and began jumping up and down. "Um..Kris?"

"yeah?"

"c-can't breathe."

"oh sorry." He then gave Sunmi the big box which contain a dress and a pair of shoes. Kris was a happy fool when he came back downstairs for dinner.

"Why so Happy Kris?" Suho asked curiously. Kris finally realized that he's been smiling like an idiot, so he nonchanlantly put on his infamous face.

"nothing." Kris told Suho. But Suho and the others looked at him suspiciously while trying to figure out what happened.