Alien Couple

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

The girls are hanging out in Dara’s room and enjoying having dinner together except for Chaerin who is busy texting with Jiyong laying on Bom’s bed. They were supposed to be together right now, but Jiyong push it to later because he’s having a wardrobe malfunction and it may take a while.

“Chaerin baby~~~ don’t you wanna eat? Just a little.. you can eat with Ji later”  Bom is calling out for Chaerin to join them and she just shakes her head.

“No unnie. It’s okay, you guys enjoy~”

“nawwhhh, are you sulking because you can’t hang out with your boyfriend?”

“No~~ it’s not that, just… a bit tired due to rehersal. His concert here is for two days, so rehersal was hectic just now, you guys will only start rehearsing tomorrow right? so lucky~” Chaerin yawn and roll over to her belly watching the girls eat.

Suddenly Dara move and sit beside her, feeding her spaghetti. “Chae, whatever the reason is, you have to eat.” Chaerin eventually eat because she knows if she resist, Dara wouldn’t stop bugging her.

“Okay, I’ll join you guys~ scoot overrrrrr~” she says cutely to Minzy. She moves closer to Bom, so that Chaerin would have space to sit with them.

“Oh yeah, I read something about Top oppa, on the internet. They say he have a secret girlfriend~ Oohhhh~” Minzy said while munching her salad. That girl is so healthy and dedicated to her body. She will eat whatever she wants but she’ll make sure she repay it with working hard in the gym.

“It’s funny that we’re under the same company, yet, we still have to search info about them in the internet rather than ask them directly, right?” Chaerin glance at her members.

The atmosphere turn so quiet after that and it is unusual. Bom will always reacts to this kind of topic but Chaerin notice that she become so quiet and Dara on the hand looks like she’s flustered over the topic. Years of living and spending time with the girls have made Chaerin to know the change in their behaviour.

“Unnie? You okay?” she question Bom.

“Oh, yeah.. maybe because of jet lag” she press her head lightly.

Oh, then rest unnie. We’ll be leaving after we eat okay?” Chaerin continues and Minzy nods in agreement.

“No no silly, you guys don’t have to leave, I’m okay.” Bom is smiling but her smile looks fake to Chaerin, it’s like she’s hiding something but Chaerin knows it’s not the right time to ask.

“It’s okay unnie, we’re finished by the way” she glance at Minzy’s empty plate and Minzy smile at her.

“Ya, I finished my food and I also need to rest for a while before hitting the gym later" Minzy followed Chaerin’s lead who is now getting ready to leave. After hugging Bom, all three of them walk out to exit Bom’s room and suddenly Chaerin turn to look at Dara.

“Unnie, can you stay with Bom unnie? I’m worried and I think she needs someone to talk to.”

Dara look at both of the maknaes, she intended to stay since the very beginning. She knows what's bothering her but she’s sure that Bom is not ready to tell both of them yet.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll do that. Both of you have a good rest okay?” both girls smile before parting ways to their room. Dara close the door behind her and walks to the bedroom. She can here soft sob coming out from the bedroom and she sigh.

“Bommie?” Bom is sitting on her bed with her head on her knees. Her shoulder is shaking and Dara just stood there before moving closer to her friend. She sits beside her and holds her arm.

“Bommie~ it’s okay”

“No… Dara…. No… it’s not okay. I was trying to ignore everything all this while and I thought I was strong enough you know? But who knows? Just listening to that kind of stuff is enough to make me act like this” Bom still with head on her knees.

“It’s been too long and it’s about time Bom. You should tell him your feelings”

There is a silence before Bom lift her head and look at Dara. Dara wipes her tears with a tissue and give Bom a box of tissue. She sits beside Bom in the same position and Bom rest her head on Dara’s shoulder.

“I can’t…don’t you remember?”

Dara let out a sigh and they stay in silent.

 


 

*Flashback 2009

The girls were practicing until late at night. It was already 1.35a.m when they finished practiced. They are debuting in a month, so it is nerve wrecking. Bom is at her place, she looks at her clock on the wall, it’s almost 4.30a.m and she’s having trouble to sleep. Few months ago at times like this, Top usually will call her either to annoy her or just ‘want to talk’ as what he’s reffering it to be.

‘hmm~~~ am I waiting for his call? Weird!’

Bom wakes up and took a hot shower before getting ready. She decided since she could not sleep, she will just go to the company to practice. It’s quite cold outside so she wears a tank top, with a jeans and sneakers and cover herself with a sweater. She packs her bag and leave quietly after sticking a note to inform her mom she’s out to practice on the refrigerator. It’s not hard to find taxi because it’s always available, so she pulls a cab and go directly to the company. After being identify by the security, she makes her way to the practice room. She opens and there he was, practicing his dance moves.

“Omo, Tabi~ what are you doing?” she is quite shocked but she walked in and put her stuff down on the floor.

“Noona! I didn’t expect you here” he was flustered upon seeing her here.

“My moves is rusty and we’re about to debut and I can’t afford to embarrassed the other three girls with my rusty dance moves. What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to rest or something right now? Why are you practicing your dance moves?” she questioned the sweaty man in front of her. Kind of y, she thought.

“We’re preparing for Japan…. And apparently we have the same problem.. but it’s all yours now” he walk to the back of the room and lay down. Bom just watch him with the corner of her eyes.

It’s kind of weird to be in a room just together with him because they got teased a lot by other trainees. Two months ago, rumours were circulating that they slept together just because they happen to walk out of the same hotel at the same time and Bom didn’t even know that Top was staying there. She was with Dara attending a party and Top on the other hand were just finished attending a function. Although, she never discuss it with Top personally, but it’s kind of uncomfortable because they sort of strayed away from each other after that.

“Are you staying?”

“Don’t mind me, pretend I’m not here”

Bom rolls her eyes but she walks to the stereo and start playing ‘Fire’, their debut single. Of course she is uncomfortable knowing that a pair of eyes is staring at her behind her back, but she needs to ignore them. If she can’t handle that then how is she going to face with hundred pairs of eyes staring them on the stage later? She dance wholeheartedly to the music and keep on repeating the part where she’s troubled the most until finally she’s satisfied. She almost forgot about Top’s existence when he finally speaks.

“Noona, are you going home?”

“Omo! You scared me, I forgot that you are there… yeah, but I’m gonna go grab breakfast first.”

“You don’t have practice?”

“Practice will be at noon~ so yeah…. Will take a nap and then come back here”

“Mind if I join you? I don’t have schedule today, that’s why I’m here. Practicing… I’m just gonna pretend that you are interested to know even though you didn’t ask” Bom chuckles and walked to the door before stopping.

“So? I’m hungry. Are you just gonna stand there or move faster because I’m at the phase where everything looks like food”

Top quickly move to Bom and walk side by side exiting the building. Bom ask Top whether it is okay for him to walk because the place she wants to go is only few blocks away and she feels like walking. Top just nod. Thankfully, he is wearing a cap and covers it with a hoodie to disguise himself. It seems to work because Bom couldn’t even see his face. She looked to her side and chuckles.

“Sorry you have to go through this, but this place where we’re headed sells really delicious bread, and my saliva is dripping just by talking about it” she claps her hand and jumps around like a kid.

“How can you be so excited over a bread? You’re weird~~”

“Yah! Try one then you’ll know!” she slap his shoulder.

After a while walking, Bom jog excitedly towards the store and Top just follows from behind. He look at the sky and it was dark. He knows it will rain soon, he quickly move his pace and whisper to Bom to be fast because it will be raining. She took a glance outside and quickly buys few breads and walk out of the store.

“We need to be fast!! I’ll miss my bus and it’s going to rain, I don’t wanna get stuck here~~” she whine while eating a bread.

“Aren’t you gonna give me one?” Top frowns and put his shoulder on Bom’s shoulder.

“Here~” she take one and shove it into Top’s mouth before laughing hysterically.

“Yahhhh~~~” Top pinched Bom’s cheek and she is still laughing her head off. it felt really nice to her. She kind of misses the days where they are close to each other, more than friends but a lot less than a lover. They start walking but few minutes after walking it started raining heavily. Top quickly grab her hand and start running towards a bus stop that is located not too far from them. There are no people when they arrived and Bom was shivering. When Top saw her shivering, he grabbed her hands and Bom was startled by the sudden action by him.

“What are you doing?” Bom said when Top grab her hand and blow it.

“I’m trying to make you warm. Are you warm now?” he gaze into her eyes.

“Err… yeah” she pull back her hands slowly from Top and blow it herself. There is no sign of bus stopping here and Bom starting to get anxious. She started to started to feel uncomfartable and her heart is racing parallel to the sound of rain that shows no sign to stop.

“I have an idea, my place is not far from this place, only couple of blocks away. We can get there by running through the rain” Top finally broke the silence.

“Errrr…..why would I go to your place?” she finds it weird going over to his place all of a sudden.

“Because….i have a car and I can send you back home….duhhh~what?? Don’t be thinking all those dirty stuff noona, it’s still early in the morning” he chuckles.

“Not funny” she hits his head lightly

“Ouch!”

“Serves you right”

“So?”

“Fine.. let’s go~” she stood up and prepare to run, she pulls up her sweater to cover her head and zip it up.

“Wait” Top took off his hat and wear it to Bom’s head. He pull her sweater to cover her head before pulling his own sweater. Then, he took off her sling bag and put it on his shoulder and then he grabs Bom’s hand and move to her front observing his surroundings. Bom is moved by his act just now and she just watched him while he was doing it. She feels really safe and special when he was doing that to her.

“1…2….3…..” Top counts before he start running with Bom going through the rain.

Finally, they arrived below his apartment. They were soaking wet. Top is crouching looking down the floor and Bom is panting and breathing for air. Her hair was everywhere and the plastic bag that is fill with her bread were soaked with water. She looked at it and let out a frustrating sound.

“Ahhh~~~ my bread” she showed Top the bread and he pat her head.

“Pity you. let’s go upstairs first to fix you”

“Okay~~”

They arrived in his apartment and it was so quiet and dark. The rain is still pouring heavily outside.

“What are you doing outside?” he look at her who is still standing outside the apartment.

“I’m wet…..errr……that sounds so wrong.” she rolls her eyes and Top chuckles. "What i meant was, i'm soaking with rain, i don't want to make your house dirty."

“Don’t worry about it. Just come inside, you’ll catch a cold if you don’t come in”

She enters the apartment and it looks like he’s alone. The area was so tidy and neat and it looks like a woman lives here.

“Are you staying with a girl?”

“What? Why you say that?”

“Cause your place is freaking clean~”

“Hah~~ nope, my family move to another place and I have this place for myself now.” He went inside to a room and come back out with a towel and clothing. He handed it over to Bom.

“Here, it’s my sister’s….go clean yourself up” he said and Bom just follow. “Oh, just go the room on the left. You can use the bathroom there, it’s my room.” Bom nods and move towards the direction she’s given. She entered the room and it was very neat. She was surprised at how neat it was and put the clothes on the bed. She took the towel and move to the bathroom. She took a long bath in that tub and it feels really good she contemplates on getting out of it. Finally, she dry herself up and walk out of the bathroom.

She steps out and put on the clothes and it fits perfectly. She starts drying her long hair with the towel and walked out to the living room and saw a freshly showered Top was having a nap on the couch. He looked exhausted and she figures that he’s been that way quite a while now. She studied him from head to toe and move beside him slowly. She sits on the floor with her face inches away from him. ‘how can a man look so y in his sleep?’

“Noona, stop staring” he said with his eyes closed. Bom felt like her heart almost stop when she heard him speak. She was so shocked that she couldn’t even say anything. Top open his eyes and makes eye contact with her. It was intense. All they could hear was the sound of the rain pouring outside and suddenly Top kissed her, lightly at first. Bom feel like she was hypnotized, her body became weak and it felt like she was longing for that kiss to happen. He part from her lips and gaze into her eyes as if he was asking for approval to make the next step. He stood up and took his hand out to Bom. She was staring at his hand before finally held his hand. He smiled at her and lead her to the bedroom. They were standing beside the bed and Top started to kiss her tenderly. He grabbed her waist and press his body to hers and Bom was caressing his head and neck. the kiss grew into a passionate kiss and he parted from her lips only to find her collarbone and kissing it trailing to her neck. Bom let out a moan and tilt her head back. before she knows it, he was on top of her and she was laying on his bed. She remembers him whispering “You’re so beautiful”. She remembers exactly what had happened that day. A line between friends had been crossed.

 

Present

“Bommie.. Bom?” Bom open her eyes and realized that she was asleep. She looked at Dara who is still beside her.

“Did I fell asleep? I did didn’t I? what time is it?” Bom rub her swollen eyes.

“It’s almost 11… I have to go back to my room. Are you gonna be okay now?” she look into her friend's eyes with concern.

“Yeah… I’m fine… sorry about just now, I was too emotional” Bom smiles indicating that she’s fine.

“You have every right to be though, I’m going okay. Love you~” Dara hugs Bom tightly and left her staring at the ceiling. Her visions becomes blurry and tears rolls down her cheeks. She closes her eyes and roll to the side in a fetal position.

“Just tonight, let me think about you… just tonight”

 


 

“Oppa.. are you sure? Or is this just another one of your theories?” Chaerin pout. They are in Jiyong’s room hanging out on his bed. Yes. On his bed. Just. Hanging. Out…

“What? It’s true~ noona won’t be acting weird if there’s nothing going on between them.” He is sitting on his bed while looking at his girlfriend who is laying on his lap. Chaerin was just finished updating Jiyong with her stories including Bom’s behaviour just now.

“Hmm…. Is it possible that Bommie unnie have feelings for Top oppa?” she spoke imitating a kid with her signature eye smile and turn to Jiyong.

“I can’t…. I can’t live like this” Jiyong suddenly rolls to his side which caused Chaerin’s head to fell from his lap.

“Ouch~~ what’s wrong with you?” she rubs and change to sit with her arm cross frustrated over his sudden movement. When she see him with no response, she move closer to have a peak on his face. Still wondering why he is like this.

“Oppa?” she nudge his shoulder. He turn around and also sit in front of her with his legs crossed.

“What?” Chaerin is getting frustrated now.

“You know? i really just urgghhhh!” he yells in frustration and he is crumbling his hand in front of her like he wants to grab her and finally he let out a big sigh and cross his arms. Chaerin frowns looking at his weird behaviour.

“Oppa, I’m gonna leave now if you acting all weird like this” she said and starts to get up but Jiyong movement is fast, he quickly grab her hand and pull her back to sit.

“I’m frustrated right now. Honestly, you know what? It’s hard enough to contain myself not to do anything with you and just talk. We’re in a hotel room, for god sake! Just the two of us and then suddenly you act all cute and I’m just… that’s it…..you know what Chae… I want you… there… I said it..” there is a silent for a moment before Chaerin starts to laugh really loud as if it was the best joke she had ever heard in her life. She lay down with her hand on her stomach and rolls to the right and left. Jiyong could see visible tears on the corner of her eyes.

“Unbelievable….” He said and cover his whole body with the comforter. “Go back to your room woman!” he squealed.

“Haha….. sorry….haha… I just…. It’s too… ahhaa…. I just can’t” she is still laughing like crazy. She just felt absurd to the fact that he is the mighty G-Dragon who is full of swag and charisma on stage that swoon millions of girl’s heart and he just say a really cute and adorable confession and he looked really vulnerable when saying it to her but it’s just too hysterical for her to not laugh.

After calming down, she turned to look at her boyfriend whom is hiding under the blanket.

“Oppa” she pull the cover but Jiyong pulled it back up.

“Oppaaaa~ come on…. I’m sorry okay… but you have to admit It’s quite funny…” she starts to chuckle again.

“If that’s your way to persuade me, than you failed! Miserably” Jiyong is holding the cover up tightly.

“Okay…okay….” She crawl slowly on top of him and Jiyong could feel the sudden weight on top of him. He is smiling but pretending to be hurt.

“Oppa~ you better open your eyes or you going to miss seeing me topless…” she mumbles in her y voice.

“Pshhhh~ you’re lying!”

“Then, open your eyes and you’ll see…”

He quickly uncovers himself only to find Chaerin still have clothes on her. she quickly grab the blanket and lay on top of him with her head on his chest.

‘I’m sorry oppaaaa~~~~ forgive me?” she says cutely while gazing into his eyes and he couldn’t help but chuckles seeing his girlfriend acting cute.

“Tell me how can I stay mad at you?” he pinch her nose.

“You can’t! cause you’re my boyfriend~~” she release herself from Jiyong and get down from the bed.

“Where are you going?” he said looking at her.

“I’m going to the toilet oppa~ don’t be so paranoid about it~” she chuckles.

He chuckles and sit up and lean his back. He is waiting for her while scrolling down his phone. Then he hear her phone rings. He look but it has no caller i.d and he ignored it. But the person keep on calling her phone until he pick her phone and stare at the number which is a private number. He wonder who is calling her late at night. It must be someone important because it is a private number and the person is calling her this late. While he is still wondering, her phone rings again. Jiyong contemplates and finally he picks up.

“Hello? Chaerin?” Jiyong stare at the phone ‘Chaerin? and it’s a dude’

“Sorry, she’s not available. This is her manager. May I know who is speaking?” Jiyong pretend out of curiousity. He feels a little bit guilty but brushes it off.

“Oh, sorry, oh yeah right… you guys are in Singapore right? So it’s confirmed that this is her phone then?”

“Sir, you haven’t told me who you are” Jiyong starting to get annoyed with this man’s bubbly voice who is clearly exited.

“Oh, sorry, just tell her, the teddy bear guy just called. She’ll know who it is. Thank you sir, have a nice day…opps night… sorry for disturbing you”

Jiyong just about to ask another question but the guy at the end of the line just hung up on him. ‘who the is teddy bear guy?’ he can feel his heart races inside of him. Lots of question arise in his head.

“I’m backkk~~~~~~” Chaerin jumps on the bed gleefully and Jiyong is giving her a cold stare.

“Who’s Teddy Bear guy?” he shows Chaerin her phone and tries to relax his expression waiting for her explanation.

Chaerin stare at her phone and frowns.

"Somebody called, i picked up and he said his the teddy bear guy" he still maintain his voice to sound calm.

Then it hits her. It's Kris. All of a sudden remembers the conversation she had with Bom earlier in the car.

‘So, how am i going to explain this’ she tought to herself.