That Text

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

In the car

“Chaerin unnie, are you gonna join us in the practice room before you head down to the studio?” Minzy break the silence as they are heading to YG building. Today is practice day. As usual, but most importantly for Chaerin, Jiyong is back. Back from Japan. She look out the window and smile.

“Umm, I think no. I’ll head to the studio, working on my single, ladies, woot woottttt!” she squeals and throw her hands in the air followed by her members.

“Can’t wait Rin, I’m sure you gonna be awesome!” Bom pinch Chaerin’s cheeks. “Aigooo Dara yah! Say something. See! I knew it, you are on twitter again!” Bom watches as Dara is occupied with her phone.

“Hello, without me, 2NE1 won’t be nowhere you know. I’m the marketing director for our group, I hope sajangnim will appoint me someday” Dara jokingly said showing her aegyo to the girls.

“Hul..” Chaerin, Minzy and Bom say at the same time and laugh.

While the three girls are talking, Chaerin look at her phone messages. The conversation she had with Jiyong last night.

Jiyong Oppa

12.33a.m: I’m back. Are you sleeping?

Reply to Jiyong Oppa

12.36a.m: I’m about to…How was japan? How was the crowd? How was Dae oppa?

Jiyong Oppa

12.38a.m: Seriously? No, ‘welcome oppa I miss u’ or something? I’m fine btw, tq fr caring -_-“

Reply to Jiyong Oppa

12.40a.m: Haha, u are fine! If not, you wouldn’t text me right :p

Jiyong Oppa

12.41a.m: You really do live up to ur name. U nappeun gizibe. -_-“ everytg went well btw. Let’s meet tomorrow. I’ll be around at YG..

Reply to Jiyong Oppa

12.45a.m: K.

Jiyong Oppa

12.46a.m: -_-“ Cold hearted girl..

Chaerin smile giddily recalling their brief moment last night and log in to her instagram account. She remembers the other day Jiyong tag her on a picture. She finds the picture and shows it to the girls.

“everyone, let’s do something like this. Jingyo oppa tagged me the other day”

“Hul, tattoo? I’m scared of needles!!” Dara cringed. The thought of a needle piercing through her body makes her shivers.

“No, silly! We just draw and just post them. It should be fun, right?”

“Your idea of fun is really weird unnie, but it’s cool. I’m in!! it represents our fans right, the Blackjacks!” Minzy smiles and Chaerin high five her.

“I also want your high five!! Gimme your high five….gimmeeeeee” Bom as usual, exaggerating things caused all of the girls to laugh.

“It settled then, we’ll ask our unnie (make-up artist) to draw them for us. Oh, we are here. Omo, oppa have lots of fans” Chaerin said while looking through their window as they pass by fans holding up banners of some of the YG artists but mostly they see ‘G-Dragon! Saranghae’ ‘Jiyong hwaiting!’ and so on.

They got off their vehicle and before entering the building they wave at their fans. All of them look really stylish. Chaerin let her hair down and wears minimal make up and wrap her body with a crop top showing off a little bit of her tummy paired with ripped jeans shorts and a pair of her favorite Giuseppe Zanotti shoes. The rest of the girls also look appealing with their own style. Dara with her apple hair dress in black oversized tank top and Adidas printed long pants and shoes and Minzy look really stylish with her cap on wearing a see through white baby tee that shows off her y figure and wears Cheap Monday ripped jeans with a pair of black Converse All Star. Bom who possess the perfect figure among all of them wear a black basic tank top that hugged her body perfectly with a matching pair of hot black pants from Chrome Hearts with Adidas shoe to cover her feet. All girls looking fly and truly look like superstars. Heads are turning two, three times when they pass by some of the trainees while exchanging greets.

They ride the elevator together and part ways since Chaerin are heading to Teddy’s studio. As she makes her way to the studio, she takes off her sunglasses and keeps it in her bag. She opens up the door.

“Anyeonghaseyoo” she says cutely.

“Oh? The baddest female Seoul city ever had. You are early” Teddy rap as he greet her showing his knuckle to Chaerin and she pound it back and chuckles.

“Yeah, the rest of the girls have practice, so I came early to finish early”

“Why? You have a date?”

“Date? You want me to die young is it oppa? If the boss knows...”

“Tsk. Then keep it a secret” he joke. He watches as Chaerin chuckles fixing her hair to the side. She’s all grown up. No wonder Jiyong fell for her. She’s no longer the awkward little girl who gets nervous around man. It’s the opposite now. He feels funny when he reminisces the time where Chaerin had a crush on him. Just by talking to her is enough to make her blush.

“Why oppa? You’re staring at me. You look weird oppa”

“Yah~ don’t think of something weird. It’s just funny that you used to have a crush on me, hahaha”

“Oppaaaaaa~~~ Can you not tease me like that. By the way you should be proud okay, not everyone has the privilege to become my crush” She laughs it off together with Teddy, remembering how nerve-wrecking it was previously for her to just stand beside him. Now that the phase had passed by, she prefers it to be as one of her sweet memories.

“We’re talking bull. Haha, come here, I want you to listen to something.”

Chaerin move and sits beside Teddy listening meticulously to the beats. Chaerin immediately turn her head to Teddy and move according to the beats. Teddy also looking at her enjoying the sound and smile satisfily knowing that from the look of Chaerin’s behaviour, she seems to enjoy it very much. After it finish, she closes with her palm.

“Don’t tell me..” she says holding her excitements, she smiles excitedly.

“Yes, yours.”

“I cannot believe this oppa! This is a sick beat!” She stands up followed by Teddy and she hug her out of happiness, satisfied with the beats produced by Teddy for her new single. Teddy just laugh and pat her head.

Suddenly…

“Ehem.. What’s going on here?” Like a ghost Jiyong is standing behind them with his arms across his chest.

Both startled upon hearing the voice of the ‘dragon’. Chaerin immediately distant herself but as Teddy watch that expression from Jiyong’s face he immediately knows what it is. He’s jealous. Teddy purposely put one hand on Chaerin’s waist and the other one to pinch Chaerin’s nose “Glad you like it, baby girl” it’s no surprise when Teddy address her that way because he always call Minzy and her that way since they are the younger ones. Chaerin just smile because she doesn’t feel anything from it. Jiyong who is watching feel the sudden urge to just grab Chaerin and release her from Teddy but he knows that if do that it would look weird. Teddy tries hard to hide his laugh ‘Ji, sorry, but this so much fun..seeing you get jealous over me. Stupid boy, haha’

Still doesn’t get a hold of the situation going on right now, Chaerin just feels so happy seeing Jiyong is now in front of her eyes. “Oppa! You scared me! Listen to this” she says still caught up with her excitement towards her new beats. Teddy play the beats and Jiyong’s expression changes. He immediately forgot about what he sees just now and seems to understand what was going on just now. He started doing some movements with his hands and Chaerin just watch giddily.

“Wow. Hyung. Excellent job once again.” He high five Teddy and gets comfy on the couch.

“It’s sick, right oppa?” she turns her head at Jiyong.

“Yup. You are in big trouble now. You have to really work hard Chae” he teases.

“Tsk. I know oppa” Chaerin realized that. She has to prove herself. Having high expectation from everybody is overwhelming sometimes, but she knows she can. By the way, she is surrounded with experienced people. She can always look them as reference. She smiles.

“Let’s do this oppa!!” she grab Teddy’s hand excitedly.

As Jiyong watches her he was thinking ‘why must you hold hyung’s hand like that? Too happy is it?’ he turn his head away not wanting to see any more of their physical contact.

“You guys talk first, I’m actually meeting Tablo for a bit. I was supposed to go just now when you arrive Chaerin since it was still early. Sorry, but it’s urgent.” Jiyong smiles. Somewhat thankful because he now have time to spend with Chaerin for a bit.

“Oh, it’s okay oppa, I’m the one who came early”

“Be back soon, don’t do anything dirty in my studio” he throws them a smirk and leave the two kids, as he walk out he can hear them whining behind his back because of what he said just now.

“That oppa is cwayzee” Chaerin makes her way to sit beside Jiyong. Here it is again. The butterfly effect in her stomach. They are alone. She bit her lips, not wanting to make it awkward. She breathes and closes her eyes trying to calm herself down. Jiyong notice and smile playfully.

“Are you nervous sitting next to me?” suddenly he thought of a prank. He moves closely to Chaerin bit by bit while showing a erted smile. ‘gosh, you look so cute Chae’

“Oppa stop, it’s not funny” *dup dap dup dap dup dap

“You think I’m joking?”

“Yes, and stop, you are too close!” she pushes his face with her palm.

“Why? Don’t you wanna do something ‘adventurous’, hmm?” Jiyong starts breathing heavily as he whisper in Chaerin’s ear. He could smell her sweet perfume and it’s mesmerizing. ‘, this should be a prank, why am I getting weird sensation suddenly’

“Oppa, are you infected with Seungri’s erted style?” Chaerin move away until at the end of the couch. Chaerin can’t figure out whether he is joking or serious, she feels hot, her palms are sweaty and her heart beats faster. ‘I’ll punch him in the face if he tries to do anything stupid’

Chaerin watches as Jiyong moves closer with his eyes gazing into her eyes, he is now determined to just plant a kiss on her red ‘bow like’ lips. He bit his lips, Chaerin knows what it is. She watches lots of romantic films to just ignore this one. She tries to move away from him but Jiyong block her way by pressing her shoulder firmly. Chaerin is shocked. Jiyong is feeding his eyes looking at Chaerin’s amazing features. Her eyes, her nose and her lips, all of it is too perfect, unknowingly, his hand starts caressing her hair and cheeks. Chaerin closes her eyes and enjoying everything, her mind is blank now and it’s no different from Jiyong feel so high like he is on drugs or something. Chaerin slowly open her eyes and realized that his lips almost touch her lips and everything come back to her senses. With fast reflex she pushes Jiyong hard until he fell off the couch.

Jiyong as if he was just realesed from some kind of spell tries to recall what happened just now, he takes a glance at Chaerin and saw her lips trembling and her face is so red.

“So..sorry Chae, I was jo..joking” Jiyong stutter.

“I knew..you….you are joking right, oppa? Haha…ha” she tries to remain calm but she sounds so ridiculous. Anybody who is in that kind of situation now what it is. These two leaders are trying to maintain their composure.

“Haha…yeah” Jiyong smiles dryly. After a while, he throws an act to brush off that completely awkward mess.

“Ouch! Yah Hunchae! It hurts!” Jiyong rub his .

Chaerin breathe a sigh of relief and just go with the flow “oh, so now you’ve come back to your senses?” she pinch his shoulder and help him get up.

“I was just joking, you should’ve seen your face” he laughs as if he doesn’t feel anything just now. If Chaerin didn’t push him, he would’ve kissed her. What started off as a lame prank almost ends up as a start to something unsure. Jiyong takes a deep breath “I’m sorry” he pat her head.

“Oppa, you’re not Seungri, I’m not used of you playing prank like this. I was ready to punch you in the face you know”

“What? Really?”

“This close” Chaerin squint her eyes and shows her finger to show how close it was.

Jiyong glance at her and open up his bag, he takes out a small box and give it to Chaerin. She watches at him with suspicious eyes and change her reaction as if she is surprised.

“Are you…proposing oppa?” she laughs at her own joke while Jiyong just watch her.

“Don’t get your hopes too high, open it”

She opens and saw a small embellishment a size of her thumb of a cat covered with gold and red crystals. She looks at it admiring the details and look up to meet Jiyong’s eyes. He is satisfied. He knows that it moves her. He smiles.

“Oppa, how much..”

“yah, can’t you just say thank you” he gesture his hand on the couch to her. Chaerin sits and still admiring the piece.

“What do you want from me?” she stares at Jiyong with suspicion.

“What? Can’t I give something to a person that is important to me?”

“Oppa, it’s scary. Don’t say stuff like that” Chaerin tries to hide her feeling by joking.

He smiles “See, this is a cat...”  

“Duhhhh……”

“Shusss….let me finish.”

Chaerin smiles cheekily and let him continues.

“I look hard for this when I was in Japan. Something that resembles you. A cat.” He takes it from Chaerin’s hand and put it at the side of her face. “Omo, look.. I can’t differentiate which one is C-cat and which one is CL”

She chuckles for a moment then she gasps. “Oppa, It feels like déjà vu,I feel like we had this conversation before” Jiyong smiles, as he about to continue, they were interrupt by Teddy who is back from meeting Tablo.

“Anything interesting or dirty happen just now?” he starts teasing.

“Oppa..”

“Hyung..”

Both just roll their eyes, Chaerin keep the present she received from Jiyong just now back in the box nicely and keep it in her bag. She smile at Jiyong before she sits beside Teddy to continue their work. Jiyong stares from behind and smile happily. Chaerin and Teddy starts getting busy again and focusing on their work. Jiyong can see her hardwork trying to write some lyrics expressing herself that she thought might work with the song. He love seeing her this way. She is so in control and almost intimidating. He smiles and tap her shoulder.

“I’m going, work hard.”

“Oh, where are you going?” Teddy asks.

“Here and there, vocal training, meet with YG, Hwangssabu and so and so”

“Oh, take care oppa”

“Yup, bye.”

Chaerin smiles and wave. Even though she feels empty all of a sudden, she has to stay focus. Right now, the priority is work. Thank god she is able to divide between work and personal.

‘How I wish that time can stop for a while’ He takes out his phone and open up his text message.

To: Chaerin

3.45p.m: After you are done, call me. Let’s hang.

*vibrates

Chaerin take a glimpse of her phone on the desk, ‘1 new message from Jiyong Oppa’ her screen shows a pop up of a text message that just came. She opens it and starts typing..

To: Jiyong Oppa

3.46p.m: k.

Jiyong quickly view his phone and sigh ‘Just k? this girl…’

‘God please make it fast. The time I will meet Chaerin.’

He makes his way to meet with their vocal teacher with a bright mood.