She's Gone

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back
 

As usual, the girls arrived in the morning for practice session. It is always like that, especially when they are preparing for new songs, they will come early and go back home no less than 1 in the morning.

“Hey, I got a text from Teddy oppa, he wants to meet me at the studio, you girls carry on with the dance yeah, I’ll be quick..” Chaerin says to her members while putting on her sweatshirt covering her curvylicious body in shorts and sports bra only.

“Okay, oh!! Can you be a good sister and go to the cafeteria to buy me that delicious butter bread? Pleaseeeeeeee…… it usually selling fast in the morning~~” Bom look at her with her puppy dog eyes.

“Unnieeee!! You said you want to diet along together with me?” Minzy give Bom a playful glare.

“What? When did I say ridiculous things like that? Never!” Bom gasp exaggeratedly and of course they start to annoy each other with Dara becoming their shield in the middle.

Chaerin watch them and roll her eyes. It’s always like this it’s becoming their routine to annoy each other in the morning. Chaerin wants to stop them but she is in a hurry and give an okay sign to Bom when Minzy is not looking. Bom gave her a wide grin and continue to mess with Minzy when Chaerin stepped out the dance studio and heads to the recording studio.

“Hello~~~” Chaerin open the door and greet Teddy.

“Oh, you’re here. Good! Come and sit” he motion to her to sit near to him.

“What is it oppa?” Chaerin obey Teddy’s instruction.

Just when Teddy was about to open his mouth, somebody else did “Sorry, traffic jammmm~”

Chaerin’s expression changes immediately knowing to whom that voice belongs to. She turn around and immediately make eye contact with Jiyong. Both are maintaining eye contact and Teddy noticed the awkwardness between them.

“Ehem.. Ji, listen. I know these past few days, you’re faced with writer’s block. So I asked Chaerin to help you. Talk…. Talk about anything. I’ll be in YG’s office for a while, so I expect you to at least come up with something.. at least a story or a plot or whatever, kay?” Teddy stands up and before any of them could say anything, he is out of the room.

Chaerin slowly turn back to face the desk in front of her and waited for Jiyong to say something. She’s afraid that if she starts to talk, she will talk gibberish and besides her emotions is trying to take over herself now. For Jiyong, all he wants to do is grab her and pull her to his embrace and kiss her passionately.

“You know about this?” instead of ‘I miss you’ that is the sentence that slip through his mouth.

“Nope.” She said, still showing her back to Jiyong. while Jiyong haven’t move from his position, gazing at the person he’s been missing for almost 3 weeks.

“I can go, I have practice as well” feeling unwanted and unneeded, Chaerin stands up and move to the door without looking at Jiyong who is standing beside the door. Suddenly, he grabs her arm, stopping her to exit the room. Chaerin bite her lips and look at Jiyong who is looking at her with sad looking eyes.

“Stay.” He said and walk forward to the desk. Chaerin watch him. He looks different. His eyes, his eyebags are worst than Seungri’s and it seems like he is losing weight. ‘is it because of us?’ Chaerin wonder and move closer to him. She doesn't know what got into her, Chaerin hug him from behind. Jiyong flinched but he just let her.

“I miss you….” Chaerin said slowly.

‘I miss you too… I’m sorry for everything’ but that words stucked in Jiyong’s throat. Chaerin waited for his response but he just keep quiet. She slowly releases him.

“Are you tired of me?”

*silence

“Are you tired of my constant nags, my ridiculous texts and me being clingy?” Chaerin can feel her heart pounding as she ask him.

Still, Jiyong is restraining himself from saying anything. He is closing his eyes tightly and clenching his jaw but Chaerin couldn’t see all that. All she can see is a man avoiding her and she is close to being a pathetic, begging for attention.

“Ji, you could at least be a man and tell it straight to my face you want this to end” she sounded calm to Jiyong which makes it hurt twice as much to Jiyong. His lips are trembling and his heart is racing.

“I understand… I guess, this is it. I'll be going now.... You can write a story, a plot from this.. Whatever. Cause we’re done here” Chaerin just says everything without thinking. She’s hoping that he would at least turn around and say something but none. She quickly storm out of the room and heads directly to the washroom. Jiyong heard the door closed behind him and he sit down abruptly on the chair feeling numb.

He brush his face few times before tilting his head to the back.

Chaerin enter into one of the cubicle and feels like she wants to punch somebody. She is so angry, angry at his reaction. Angry at him for doing nothing, for saying not even a word and angry at herself for saying those words. She clench her fists “You stupid pale white dragon monkey with eyebag!!! I hate you! I hate you so much!!” she yells out her frustration in that empty washroom. She sits on the toilet seat and still mumbling the ‘hate you’ part. Her heart hurts too much to the point that she could not even shed a tear. Chaerin starts breathing slowly trying to calm herself down. She haven’t even digest on the previous situation when she received a phone call from Bom asking her whereabouts and her bread. Chaerin stands up, wash her face and look at herself in the mirror.

“Not now Chaerin. Don’t break down now. This is just a test.” She recite the words few times before finally getting out from the washroom.

 


 

“Excuse me, miss Haejin-shi. You have guest waiting for you at the café”

“Guest? I don’t know anyone here in Korea, maybe you got the wrong Haejin”

“Uh, no miss.. the guest is from Japan”

Haejin wonder for a while “Oh, yeah… okay. I’ll be down in a minute, thank you”.

“So, he finally come here huh” she smile thinking that the guest is Eisuke.

She enters the cafeteria and scan the room for a familiar face but she cannot locate Eisuke anywhere.

“Yes miss, may I help you?” Haejin was greeted by a waitress.

“I’m looking for my guest, I’m Haejin”

“Oh, this way please….” She smiles and lead Haejin to a table where a woman with shoulder length hair is seated. She stare at the woman seated in front of her and immediately had a bad feeling rushing inside of her. ‘Kiko? What the hell…’

“Hi Haejin! It’s nice to finally meet you. thank you~ you can go now… leave us, we have business to discuss here” Kiko said politely to the waitress. Haejin cross her arms and give her a cold stare.

“I don’t recall having an appointment with you and I’m not interested to join you for lunch if you want a companion… ~” she smirk and turning away from the table.

“How about the blackmailing thingy, does it spark your interest?” Kiko said calmly and smile when she stop and start walking back towards her.

“What did you say?”

“Oh, I think it’s clear what I’ve said. Sit.” Kiko said almost feel like she is directing her and not inviting at all.

“How do you know about this?” Haejin shoot her a glare.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself to you. I’m Kiko… a.k.a Eisuke’s cousin. Didn’t he ever mention having a hot model as his cousin?” she says sarcastically which resulting Haejin to widened her eyes, shocked to hear the revelation.

“He never…...”

“… definitely.” Kiko chuckles. “So, I’m going to make it easier for you. Option A, leave my friends alone, go back to Japan, reflect back to your sick behaviour and I’ll approve you to be with my cousin who is in love with you. Which I don’t really understand why…. Whatever…. or choose option B, go on with your plan and I’ll make your life a living hell” Kiko said while twirling the knife in front of her and smile.

Haejin know what Kiko is trying to do. She wants to intimidate her. ‘like hell I’m going to fell for that !’

Suddenly Haejin laugh hysterically making few people to turn their heads towards their direction. Kiko feel the tension now. ‘So, this is how you want to play it huh? So be it.’

“Oh my god… I just can’t…. do you know who I am?” Haejin smirk and look at Kiko proudly. “I am the daughter of a very successful business man in Japan. Do you know who helped your beloved cousin to set up his company? My father. Do you want his company to go bankrupt?” she continues laughing. Of course, she would never do that to Eisuke but watching Kiko’s expression changes from the smug face she puts on earlier make her feel like a winner already.

“Are you really into these blackmailing stuff? Why do you like to hurt innocent people? Aren’t you ashamed of yourself? You two timing Jiyong, and now you’re back here to claim him as yours, ruining his life. Why? Help me to understand” Kiko said calmly.

Haejin felt like someone just punch her in the stomach, suddenly she feel embarrassed “Shut up! you know nothing”

“Oh dear, I know everything. You used my cousin to blackmail Chaerin and Jiyong….”

“Shut up” Haejin said but Kiko just keep on going “ and then to top everything… you keep coming to his house seeking for attention. Torturing him everyday with your presence……”

“Shut up!”

“And also i know you know who own his heart. So stop trying. You’ll never replace her”

“Shut up! I know! I know….. so please…. Just stop….” Haejin voice gradually become weak. “I never knew it’s going to be this far… I… I came here with the attention to forget about my past and move on… but.. I guess my ego was tested when I see that Ji is happy with that…..that . Do you know she’s meeting someone else?? Huh? You want Ji to be with that kind of woman? You know how I feel….you can relate, because you were one of his conquest.” Haejin expression suddenly changes when she was talking about Chaerin and she give Kiko a piercing stare. “Truth hurts, huh?” she smirk.

“Don’t ever compare me with yourself. I have my own pride and dignity. Well you on the other hand, are just pathetic, psychotic girl who is lack of attention. Everybody knows your history. You were the one who plays with his heart years back and you claim you’re the victim? Give me a break. And one more thing, about Chaerin… you expect me to believe you only from pictures?? Don’t make me laugh.” Kiko said sternly.

Haejin is pissed. Everything she says, Kiko manages to overcome it. “I know what you are trying to do. Who send you? Eisuke? He told you to talk me out of this right? Well, tell him.. After meeting you, it makes me want to proceed with my plan even more. Check the news tomorrow.” Haejin stands up and stare at Kiko who looks surprisingly calm.

“You might want to sit back on your chair girl, because two can play this game” she put a voice recorder on top of the table and give a smile to Haejin.

“I thought you wouldn’t agree with option a and b, so I come up with option c… oppss… sorry, I forgot to tell you about it. Send the pictures... I dare you.. Let the whole world know who you really are.. I will make sure our conversation comes out in all the social media network.” She then play the voice recorder of their conversation just now. Haejin desperately trying to grab the voice recoder but Kiko is faster.

“Tsk…tsk…tsk… that’s not the way” she pouts.

“You !” Haejin squeal and Kiko knows the victory is with her now.

“Yeah, I’ve been told that~” Kiko replied nonchalantly.

“You’re really something”

“Yeah…and that too…” she chuckles. “So, it’s like this. we swap. Take option a… And you leave Korea today. I know you still have good in your heart. So quit. Eisuke have nothing to do with all this. There is a person waiting for you in Japan who is genuinely in love with you. I know you don’t have any feeling with Jiyong. Ask yourself this. Are you really happy to ruin other people’s life?”

There’s only silence and Kiko noticed Haejin’s eyes becoming teary. That is when she knows that Haejin may finally realized about her wrong doings. They just stay in silent for quite a while. Kiko wants Haejin to absorb everything she said just now and Haejin slowly stands up.

“Follow me to my room” she said while looking at her, surrendering.

“You’re not going to kill me right?” Kiko joked but Haejin turns around and keep walking.

“Because my friends know I’m here…. So if I go missing, they will definitely know it’s you” she continues and follow Haejin’s lead.

 


 

Jiyong sat down on his couch feeling weak. He doesn’t want to meet anyone today but he knows in few minutes time, Haejin will appear on his front door. The words Chaerin said to him this morning really bug him.

“Am I really a coward? I am useless for you Chae. I never feel this useless in my life” he really felt like she is giving up. Well who wouldn’t? Being left without any explanation is hurting. Jiyong started to judge his own decision. He definitely doesn’t want to lose her.

“ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” he screamed. He grab the glass in front of him and throw it to the floor. He is furious with himself. He paced around in the living room grabbing his hair and punch the wall to shift the pain he is feeling in his heart to his hand and finally he sits on the floor feeling weak and crying his heart out. “Don’t leave me Chae…….”

The door of his house opened and Haejin enters to the messy scene in front of her. She immediately got teary eyes and walk to his side. Jiyong is still crying on the floor and Haejin can clearly see the bruise on his fist. She get down on her knees beside him.

“Just….. let me go~” Jiyong voice weakly.

“I’m sorry Ji….i’m sorry….. I’m sorry for everything… I will let you go… I will never appear in front of you anymore…. I’m sorry…. I’m sorry…..” Haejin starts crying hysterically.

Hearing that, Jiyong turn to his side watching Haejin in her vulnerable state.

“I didn’t know it’s going to be this bad…… I…. I didn’t realize… I’m sorry…. I’m sorry~~” she continues with her head down.

“Don’t play with me!” he grab her shoulder and shakes them abrasively.

“I’m sorry” Haejin rest her head on his shoulder still crying. “I’m sorry…. I will leave now”

“Do you have any idea what have you done to me???!!” Jiyong burst out in anger and push her lightly away from him.

“I’m sorry Ji…. Hate me all you want. I deserve it” she continues to cry uncontrollably.

“Get out now before I do something I would regret. Get out!!!!” he look at her fill with hate.

Haejin stands up and walk away slowly. She puts an envelope on his counter. “I’m sorry Ji… you will never see me again in the future” she sobs and finally exited Jiyong’s apartment.

Jiyong stand up. Haejin’s words are becoming clear to him. He feels lighter. He stands up slowly and moves to the counter table to have a look at the envelope. He opens and there it is, all the evidence, all the pictures, a pendrive and a ring. He frowns and look at the ring, it was a ring he had given to Haejin when they were together. He look again in the envelope and see another small envelope, it is a letter from Haejin.

Jiyong….

You probably wouldn’t read this after everything I have done to you. I just want to say the reason I am truly sorry for everything that I have done. Like I said before, I came to Korea to make amends with everyone. But when I was trying to reach you, I stop by at your place and I saw you with her. At first, I was happy looking at you but I don’t know why, my ego and pride were tarnished seeing you smile and laugh at her. That smile and that laugh that you used to give to me. I remember crying my heart out. I think embarrassed would be the perfect word to describe my feeling. Yeah, I was embarrassed because I thought that nobody can replace me after what we had before. But, I was wrong. I searched hard for her flaws but I found nothing. I want to aim her at first. I want to spread rumours about her but knowing that you are by her side, it would be pretty easy for you and your connection to stop everything. So, I twist it. i realized since the very beginning that you are truly in love with her, by protecting her. I was surprised at how long you were able to stand all this. Last night was actually an eye opener for me and this afternoon, the person who came up to me really give me the ultimatum. Finally I come to my conscience. I’ll be gone forever from your life Ji..

I’ll be going back to Japan…

I’m sorry…

I’m sorry for everything.,,

I wish I could turn back time…

Haejin.

Upon reading the letter, Jiyong doesn’t know how to react to it. His feelings are mixed with anger, frustration, hate, happy and relieved. He rest his head on the counter with one of his hand holding his neck. He takes out his phone and start dialling a number.

“Youngbae….”

“Ji…..what happened??”

“She’s gone~”

“Who’s gone?? Jiyong?”

“She’s gone….” Jiyong voice is weak.

“Who?? Yah! You’re making me anxious….”

“Ji???? Hello??” all Youngbae hear is a silence.

“Wait. I’ll be there in a sec”

Hearing his voice becoming that weak. He knows Jiyong needs him.

 


 

“Bro….yo!” Youngbae enter Jiyong’s premise only to see him sitting on the floor writing on his coffee table. There’s a whole bunch of papers in front of him. He walks slowly towards him but Jiyong doesn’t seem to notice he’s here.

“Yo!” he nudge Jiyong’s shoulder.

“Oh… you came?”

“What do you mean you came? You called me..”

“O…yeah..” Jiyong continues writing “Wait, let me finish this”

Youngbae look at Jiyong feeling weird. He seems calm tonight but it’s weird because he was practically helpless just now judging from his voice. He starts scanning his surroundings and he can see pieces of glass on the floor and widened his eyes. Then he look at Jiyong and studied his friend and he clearly see bruises on his fist.

“Yah! What happened here? Did you kill Haejin?”

Jiyong look at his friend and after few seconds he laugh hysterically.

“Dude! You’re scaring me. Like seriously… are you losing it?” Jiyong still laughing like an idiot and continue jotting something on the paper. Youngbae took a glance which to him it looks like lyrics to him.

“! Ji! Answer me!” He grab Jiyong’s hand and he turn to look at his bestfriend.

“She’s gone. Haejin. Forever..” he give Youngbae the envelope and Youngbae look at it with a frown.

“Open it, you’ll understand” Jiyong said calmly and continue doing his work.

Youngbae starts looking at everything and read the letter. It took him a while to look at all this evidence and out of nowhere he started to hug Jiyong excessively.

“Yah!!!! Get off me!!!” Jiyong push Youngbae who is suffocating him.

“Finally!!!!! That crazy girl is gone!!! Thanks to Kiko…she really helped you big time dude!!”

“Kiko?” Jiyong looked puzzle. “you mean the girl she mentioned in her letter is Kiko?”

Youngbae sit properly beside him and starts telling him everything. What he and Dara have done all this while, their encounter with Kiko and how Dara been updating him all this while about Chaerin’s condition. Jiyong listens to everything and lower down his head.

“I think…. I lost her” he said slowly and Youngbae keep quiet.

“Dude, no… Dara didn’t say anything today”

“I don’t wanna lose her Bae” he leaned back to the couch and Youngbae look at his bestfriend with concerns.

“Then don’t. what are you doing here? Go to her.”

“I don’t want”

“The man?? Why?”

“I’m afraid if I go there she’ll ask me for a break up”

“Give me a ing break dude! Don’t talk about bulls like this. Come on!! She deserves an explanation. Go before I knock you out” Youngbae is frustrated with his friend’s behaviour. As if he is ready to give up when all his problems are settled.

“Man, you’re scarier than Bommie unnie when she’s mad.” Jiyong .

“I’m not playing Ji…go before I kick you myself”

“Now?”

“Yeah!!!! NOW!!! WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GO? ING NEXT YEAR?”

“Jeeeezzzzzz….. calm down bro…. I need to change first” he was joking. It’s really amusing seeing Youngbae being this angry. Of course he wants to meet Chaerin. He wants to embrace her, kiss her and hug her but the thought of this morning event really gets to him. She knows nothing about this thing and to her right now, Jiyong is a selfish ignorant bastard in her eyes.

“GO BEFORE KICK YOUR !! I’m not kidding!”

Youngbae pick him up from the floor and pushed him to the door. He grab his wallet and keys near the door and give it to Jiyong. “Good luck!” Youngbae said and close the door in front of him.

Jiyong chuckles at seeing his bestfriend behaviour and make his way to meet the person he’s been longing for.

‘Will she forgive me? I’ve been a jerk… please forgive me Chae.. I really miss you so damn much…’

 


 Yes, i deserve a kick in my stomach.... i'm sorry~~~~ i was overwhelmed with assignments and report TT____TT

Btw, can you tell... we're heading to an end now... i'm sorry if this is a y chapter~ TT__TT

I will write another story after finishing this one. Another Skydragon fic... hee... I've plotted them already... Hope you guys will look forward to it..

Much Love! <3