"I love her, dude"

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

Chaerin moans heavily stretching on her bed. It’s 6.30a.m and her schedule is quite tight today. Today marks the completion of her single, there’s a meeting she needs to attend then she has to rush and do the hologram thingy for Jiyong’s One Of A Kind Concert.

She jumps up and do some stretching and sit ups before she gets ready. By 7.30a.m, she rush down and enter the nanny van.

“Morning oppa, today I’m early!” she grins and give her manager a bun. He thanks her and continue briefing her schedule and the rest of the members’s schedule. She is known as the caretaker because she always takes good care of people around her regardless of their position. Upon arriving, she immediately makes her way to the studio.

“Omo, not again.” She said as she sees Seungri is in the room.

“What? Be grateful that I’m here supporting you” he said in return.

“Yeah right, you also have session with Teddy oppa, aren’t you?”

“I purposely ask you to come early because I want you to listen carefully at Chaerin’s new single, maybe you can learn something from it”

“Okay hyunggggggg~ I will….. But you make me come so early in the morning, I haven’t even had breakfast.”

“You’re so noisy” she passed both Teddy and Seungri the same red bean bun that she gave her manager just now.

“Oh heaven sent! Thanks! I’m hungry as !” Teddy says and starts eating the bun.

“What about you?” Seungri asks.

“I’ve eaten”

“Yeah, right” he passed her half of the bun and she just stares at it. She looks at Seungri and he gesture her to take the bun.

“You’re a different man in the morning Seungri”

“I really can’t do anything without getting criticized by you, right?” he said while chomping the bun.

She chuckles and eats. After finishing it, Teddy brief her on which part they need to do ad lib and progress on her song. Finally, it’s complete! Teddy starts calling several people and soon the room is filled with YG, Tablo and Sean. Feeling slightly embarassed because she is surrounded by all these people, Chaerin become quiet.

“So, the queen finally keeps quiet huh?” Seungri keep teasing her and the rest look at Chaerin who is sitting on the couch hitting Seungri on the shoulder.

“You, shut it” she says making the rest laugh at her feeling embarrassed.

“Before you play the whole song, let’s get a hold of Jiyong first” YG says and start dialling him, after a few time trying, his phone is picked by his manager and finally Jiyong on speaker.

“Jiyong ah, we are about to play Chaerin’s single for the first time and since you’re not here, just listen to it through the phone” YG continues.

“Nooooooo!!!!! Do not! I wanna be there with you guys, don’t playyyy it pleaseee~” Jiyong cries making Chaerin giggles upon hearing his voice.

“It’s a pity you’re not here” Sean says

“Mann, even Sean hyung is there! Just how many are you there?”

“Even I’m here hyung, don’t be jealous!” Seungri yells

“Seungri, you go out, now” he joked and make everyone laugh.

“Don’t hate me for being here hyung. By the way, Chaerin wants to say something” startling her making her feels even more embarassed when everyone turn around watching her.

“I….uh…. finish the song. Just play the song oppaaaaa!” she turns to Teddy immediately trying to regain her composure.

“This is it!” he said and plays the song.

The moment it plays, all of them listen while exchanging glance with each other and moving their hands. When it reaches the hook, Seungri starts standing grabbing Chaerin with her and start jumping up and down. Chaerin just follow his lead and suddenly, Tablo and Teddy join them and enjoying the song moving their body according to the beats. YG and Sean just stand watching them enjoying themselves while smiling. It becomes rousy when the ‘Unnie’ part comes on, Seungri yelled ‘Hey’ and Chaerin followed him and before they know it, the song ended. Everybody claps their hand and congrats her. She feels like she’s going to burst her tears soon upon hearing the wonderful comments from her seniors.

“So, what do you think Jiyong ah?” YG ask him when the situation becomes normal again.

“Officially this is going to be my favourite song” he said and Chaerin smiles.

“I have to go now, so I’m going to hang up okay? Get back to your rehearsal and I’ll be there tomorrow, work hard” YG said and hangs up. After congratulating Chaerin once again, he exited the studio followed by Tablo and Sean.

“I think your song will going to be very popular in the west. Ahhhhh~ hyung, make me song like that..” he gives compliment sincerely to Chaerin.

“Thank you oppa, for helping out. Without the help from all of you, this would never happen”

She talks with them for a little while before asking to excuse due to her meeting. After thanking Teddy and saying her goodbyes, she rushed towards the washroom.

When she arrived, she locks the doors and starts tearing out. It’s because she is so happy that finally she gets her own single. She remembers her hardwork as a trainee, all the hardships she’s gone through. Frustrated at first when she was told instead of debuting as a solo artist, she was told that she’ll be in a group. She felt insecure at that time whether she’s not good enough to stand alone on the stage. After a while, it turns out to be a blessing. She couldn’t be more thankful towards YG for establishing them as a group. Dara, Bom and Minzy feels much more than just a member. They are her sisters from another mother. She was there when Bom stood in front of thousands singing her single with her enchanting voice. She was also there during Dara’s Kiss project supporting her from behind and now it’s her moment. After a long wait, she can finally feel the love from people around. ‘So this is it, huh? The feeling…’ letting her tears roll down her cheek. Suddenly, she felt vibration in her pocket and there’s a new message.

To: Chaerin

I wish I’m there beside you sharing the feeling you have now. Seeing how you always put a tough act in front of people, I know you must be feeling overwhelmed right now and hide your excitement. I remember how it was during my first single. If you want to shout, shout. If you want to cry, cry. If you want to go crazy wild and have fun at a club, don’t! That one, you have to wait for me. Other than that, feel free to do anything. Remember to keep your head up and your feet on the ground. Remember what I said last time? This is your destiny, you are born to do this. so live in the moment Chae, you deserve it.. :)

Chaerin put her phone on her chest and starts to tear up more upon reading his message. She types a reply to him.

To: Jiyong Oppa

Thank you for being there for me oppa. It would’ve been nice if you are here, but responsibilities comes first ^^, I’m so overwhelmed right now oppa, the girls and me will go crazy later on.. naaahhhh~ I’m just kidding ;p I’ll keep your advice with me oppa. I’ll wait for you to be here and we’ll go and celebrate with the rest. Missing you oppa….

After sending it, she wipes her tears and takes another moment to breathe deeply. After few seconds, she goes out the washroom like nothing happened. She heads to the meeting room and meet with a group of creative team together with YG, Seungho and her manager to discuss about her music video. It was a long discussion because YG needs it to be detail and precise. Chaerin throws her idea on how she wants it to be, from the hair and makeup to the set, she puts her input. YG just listens and sometimes joins in the discussion here and there. After setting a time and place, they ended everything in almost 3 hours.

Chaerin stretches and talks a little bit with Seungho about the costum before rushing off to the hologram set.

 

At the Hologram set

 

Chaerin walks into the filming set after getting her hair and makeup done. She can see that people are running around and there is a huge green setting in front of her. She’s looking perfect with her hair done to the side with soft curls and perfect make up wearing a white skinny fit high waist trouser, with a crop white top with netting that shows her cleavage and a small amount of her waist covered with a white jacket with a hint of red that really stands out matching red lips as well. Everybody turn their head towards Chaerin and a person holding a camera coming towards her.

“Oh, what is this?”

“Oh, erm, this is to film the ‘making of’ G-Dragon’s One Of A Kind concert”

“Ahhh..” she says and continues “Today, I’m here to help Jiyong oppa for his tour. But where is Jiyong oppa?” she says as she speaks to the camera.

She makes her way towards the director followed suit by the cameraman. She listens carefully as she is given her instructions.

“Just do what you do best. Have fun!! And pretend as if GD is there with you and think of yourself performing at his concert” the director brief her.

“Haha, okay, but still it’s a little bit weird performing alone. This is my first time doing this” she smiles.

“It's not really hard.... you just have to enjoy.. We’ll start in a bit, can you stand in the middle first?”

“Yeah, sure” she says and walk to centre. “Here okay?”

“Perfect! Music please……and…..action!”  the director shout using a microphone and Chaerin is doing what she does best. She struts her stuff, dancing and singing along with the music. They cut and take a few more takes. The director calls her to watch the monitor and tell her to dance more and act as if she’s communicating with the audience. She nods and get back to the set. They take another take and she goes to monitor the scene.

As she is doing that, the cameraman come to her once more. She turns to look at the camera “I hope to be of help to Jiyong oppa” she said sincerely to the camera and continues to monitor her movements.

After few hours, her session ended. She thanks everyone for their hardwork and bows. She is satisfied for today. She feels sorry because she could not be there physically for Jiyong oppa and the fans but his idea of doing a hologram is not bad at all and it’s creative. She goes in the room to change and sees Dara, Bom and Minzy are present.

“Congratulations!!!!” they scream in unison.

“Oh my gawddddd~~~~I’m so glad you guys are here” she smiles and runs towards them hugging them whom are sitting on the couch.

“Where are we celebrating??” Dara ask Chaerin.

“Can we celebrate later with Jiyong oppa? Before you say anything, it’s because he helped me a lot with the song and…”

“You don’t need to explain further” says Bom, waving her hand “we understand, right girls?”

“Why not we celebrate together before that? No harm right?” Dara ask again looking at the rest.

“I think it would be perfect” Minzy says and winks at Chaerin. At first Chaerin doesn’t get what Minzy trying to do but then she realized the conversation they had in the changing room.

“Yeah, sure.. besides, I have news also” Chaerin smile secretively at her members. Typical Bom stood up and hug Chaerin around the waist pestering her to tell them the secret but Chaerin refuses to do so. She keeps on with the topic even until they enter into the nanny van.

‘what have I got myself into’ Chaerin thought to herself and put her palm on her face.

 

Meanwhile in Taipei

Jiyong’s One of A Kind final rehearsal ended couple hours ago and he is in his room just finish bathing and is in his boxer. It was hectic just now when one of the dancer fall sick and they have to change of the choreography last minute. He is looking through his phone browsing through instagram and he saw Chaerin posted a picture 2NE1’ hand with a caption ‘Destiny’. Jiyong quickly types a comment on the picture ‘oh you girls really do it?’ knowing Chaerin, she probably wouldn’t reply it. He puts his phone aside, as he is resting, he heard a knock on his door. He opens and saw Youngbae with foods in his hand.

“I know you must be hungry” Youngbae rushed inside his room.

“That’s why we’re bestfriends!” Jiyong follows him giddily from behind.

“Now I know why you ask me to be here, you want someone to take care of you right?”

“Yes and you are the chosen one” he said while preparing the foods on the table.

“Why didn’t you follow us just now to go and eat? I was looking for you, but they told me you’ve gone back to the hotel”

“I was so tired man, I sleep for a while just now. I was thinking about calling for room service you know, but you came. You read my mind bro!”

“Eat then” Youngbae says and Jiyong starts eating. He watches Jiyong and feel sorry for him. This tour is non-stop, he’s only getting rest  4 or 5 days before flying off to another countries. It’s really amazing to see how hardworking Jiyong is and never fails to thank his fan. This tour is Jiyong idea to give back to his fans whom have been supporting not just him but the rest from day 1.

“Slow down man. You’re eating like a pig”

“Do you know how hungry I am?”

“Still…. Slow down, if you choked, who’s gonna perform tomorrow?”

“Just play a video of me” he laughs at his own joke.

Youngbae rolls his eyes “By the way, how is it going with Chaerin? Any development?”

“I kissed her” Jiyong stares Youngbae in the eyes

“You lucky man! Really? You did?” Youngbae clearly feeling excited for his bestfriend.

“Yup….. in my deluded mind”

“You bastard”

“hahahaha”

“The joke is on you man, haven’t you confess yet?”

“Now is not the time. Time is of the essence my friend, so…chill~~” Jiyong takes a bite of a chicken leg and chews.

“Tell me, when is the right time?”

“When this is over, I mean when this tour ends I will immediately tell her”

“If something happens along the way?”

“What do you mean?” Jiyong look towards Youngbae.

“If she met someone?”

“I will never let that happen”

“Righttt….by doing nothing.”

“Mannnnn…. You sure know how to kill moment” Jiyong stops eating, suddenly his appetite is all gone.

“I’m just saying things that you don’t wanna hear. Let me be frank. Chaerin, she is now blossoming. Have you seen her instagram posts lately? She’s becoming more attractive man, and just look at the comments. So many guys are saying I love you to her some even say they wanna…. You know….with her…so”

Jiyong cuts Youngbae before he finishes off his sentence “Those guys have no chance at all with her, they are all her fans. If you’re talking about fans then don’t worry, they can never get near to her. I’m not insecure at all”

“Yah, let me finish first. What I meant to say was…. Chaerin is now blossoming, even the world notice let alone the people in the industry. Have you read any interviews done by any rookie boy group? Chaerin’s name always comes up when they talk about their ideal woman. You know how many of my friends are asking for her number? It’s a good thing her dating ban has yet to be lifted off. After that, I don’t know how she deals with all the attention she will receive later. How about now? Feeling insecure already?”

“Dude….”

“I’m just giving you the clear picture because it seems like you still don’t get it” Jiyong stares on the plate long before glancing up at Youngbae.

“Youngbae ah, you know what? everytime I meet her or call or text her I always have the urge to confess to her. But every single time I try, I failed. You know why? It’s because I’m afraid of what goes on after that”

“Are you afraid of rejection?”

“It’s more than that man, I’m afraid of losing her. I don’t know how boss will react if he knows. The fans. You know fans can go crazy at times. I want to protect her from everything”

“So, what you gonna do?”

“Right now I just want to focus on this tour first, if I keep on thinking about these things, I will run back to her because all I wanna do right now is to be with her”

“You’re in big trouble Ji, you’re falling hard this time”

“I am, right?” he says and Youngbae nods in agreement.

“This is a good thing, cause I never see you like this before”

Youngbae watch Jiyong’s head tilt to the back with his eyes close.

There’s a silence for moment.

“I love her, dude....”