The Baddest Female

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

 

Few weeks have passed since they last met and haven’t seen each other. Since his concert started not too long ago, Jiyong is now so busy preparing for his One of A Kind concert. He’s been in a lot of meetings lately and he’s been around the globe travelling to countries and back to Korea for a brief moment, unlucky for them, both are so occupied that they didn’t have a chance to hang. They just meet briefly in the studio when Will Smith and Jayden pays a visit to YG recently and during practice for his concert but nonetheless, they never fail to text each other every day though it’s only once or twice but it’s enough. Today Jiyong is in Taipei with Taeyang preparing for his concert there. He is working so hard that sometimes he sleeps for 2 hours only.

Meanwhile, Chaerin went to the gym with Minzy. They meet up with Hwangssabu in the gym and starts running on the threadmill. While working out, Minzy saw this as an opportunity to talk about things.

“Chaerin unnie…” panting “how are you?”

“What’s with the weird question?” Chaerin is only walking on the threadmill and she turns her head to Minzy who is working hard running. Everybody knows she loves working out, even if Chaerin visit them at their dorm, all she ever does is working out.

“I mean, are you….. and the dragon….. is…. You know…. A couple or something”

“What??? Why you think that?”

“Oh, come on unnie, I saw….remember?”

Chaerin knows she’s referring to last time. Minzy has the gut to ask her finally. She’s been meaning to talk about it but never got the chance to do it and now they are together, she figures it will be a good time.

“I didn’t mean to interfere into your personal life unnie, I just….maybe…you need someone to talk to?” she maybe young but she’s way mature then her age. “Well, if you don’t wanna talk about it I understand” she continues while exchanging looks with Chaerin.

“Yes. I mean no, it’s not that. It’s just…. Hwangssabu is behind us” she whispers and Minzy took a glance at her back and saw Ssabunim is watching them with suspicious eyes.

“It’s not chit chatting time girls, focus!” he said, making the girls cringed. They smile playfully to each other and continue their workout. While they are focusing, suddenly they heard a voice from behind.

“It’s sure hard for you to keep that figure right? The fats keep coming back” Chaerin knows to whom that annoying voice and laughter came from.

“Pshh, I know we shouldn’t come here today Mingkki. We’re so gonna have a bad day today” Chaerin raise her voice and Seungri just laugh casually walking towards her and press stop on her treadmill.

“Yaahhh!! Seungri! I need that to show that to Ssabunim!”

“I know~” while happily move next to her.

“Oh my gawd, here we go again” Minzy take a glance at Seungri who is now standing beside Chaerin.

“Mingkki, you better tell this guy to move far away from me, because I might punch him in a sec”

“Oppa…”

“Mingkki, tell her to control her temper, because she is becoming less pretty when she’s mad.”

“Unnie…”

“Yah Mingkki, you better not pick the wrong side” Chaerin starts running again on the treadmill, Seungri just laugh and starts stretching. She’s not really mad, but she’s annoyed.

Everybody knows Seungri is very playful but sometimes, he pick the wrong time to fool around. Like how siblings always get on each other’s nerve, that’s how Chaerin and Seungri’s relationship are. Despite all that, Seungri was among the people who always took care of her when she was a trainee. Back then, Seungri always came and watched her practice, give some points to her and bring meals with him so they can eat together. Even now, Seungri do takes care of her, he is always there to give her a hand if she needs anything and Chaerin also does the same. She even baked him a cake during his 20th surprise birthday party which she remembers him shedding some tears but according to Seungri, it was caused by the confetti that was all over the place.  Actually, it’s kind of weird if either of them stop annoying each other. That wouldn’t be normal.

“Aigoooo~~~~ I don’t know, you guys settle this on your own, don’t drag me into this, good luck!” she says and make her way to weights area. Hwangssabu is waiting for her there and he signal both Chaerin and Seungri to be serious with their workout.

Seungri starts to whisper “Stop pouting. You look horrible”

“You stop talking” she whisper back

“Omona, baby Rin is mad, I haven’t seen you in a while, I miss to annoy you”

“Don’t call me that and I don’t miss you at all” she smirked and sticks her tongue out. to Seungri who starts running.

“I know who you miss”

“Who?”

“That hyung that is busy preparing for his concert.”

“What makes you say that?” she increases the speed.

“Duh, if there’s GD, there willl be CL, if there’s CL, there will be GD”

“We’re not Siamese twins that stick to each other, okay. The way you said it, is like we’re an item or something”

“Haven’t you heard? The trainees even made a bet for which idol they think dated secretly, in fact they even picked several in our company”

“You sure do waste your time bothering the hardworking trainees huh?” Chaerin says bluntly but Seungri are not affected by her words at all and still continues.

“You know who they pick? Youngbae and Dara noona”

“What?? That's.....err....hmm, not bad at all”

“Right? Then Minzy and Young Don”

“Ohhh~~ hmm…interesting”

“Daragon is next”

“That one is very popular on the internet” Chaerin continues, it’s getting interesting hearing this poll. She’s not jealous at all Dara associated with Jiyong because she knows exactly how Dara feels about Jiyong.

“and…last but not least, the infamous Skydragon!!” he squealed, making Hwangsssabu adds another 10 minutes to their session. Chaerin pinch Seungri’s shoulder signalling him to lower down his voice.

“Opps, too loud…. Okay, so I’ll continue….you…”

“Shh, enough. You know we need to focus, panda”

“Tsk, okay, but.. last.. do you have a boyfriend?” he starts whispering

“You’re so funny, I don’t even have time for proper meal, and you expect me to have a boyfriend?”

“Yah, do you need to be so sarcastic? It’s just that, the other day Jiyong hyung told me that you are off limits. We were talking about…..emmm…stuff, and somehow you got into the conversation…”

“He said that? So….You guys talk about me?” she squint her eyes staring at him.

“Don’t be so full of yourself, it just came out of nowhere, so yeah, he said that”

“I don’t have any, find me one” she said jokingly.

“Really? It would be a bigggggggggg challenge, but I’ll try” he said laughing it off.

“Shut upppp” she says cracking a smile.

After a few more minutes, she finally join Minzy at the weights and followed by Seungri not long after that. Hwangssabu trains them one by one and they ended their session 20 minutes later. The three of them sit on the mat, panting, especially Seungri. They rest for a while joking around with each other when Manager 678 enters the gym cueing the girls for their next scheduled. They enter the changing room and starts washing up themselves. When they are getting ready, Minzy brings back their topic earlier.

“So, unnie…about that thing?”

“You sure can’t let that one go, huh?” she sits beside Minzy.

“Yup”

“Well, how can I say this." she ponders a bit and twirling the end of her hair.

"Errr… I might… I mean I’m sure…. No, that’s not the word… how to say this properly…urghhh” she’s having a hard time and Minzy knows immediately.

“Unnie, stop, I know now…you don’t have to say it! I’m so happy!!!!!!” she hugs Chaerin and Chaerin blush.

“Yah~What's there to be happy about? It’s nothing... I haven’t say a thing yet and I think I’ll just let this one pass by” Minzy realeases her hug and stare Chaerin in disbelief.

“Unnie. You better not let this one slide just like that, this is so not you”

“I’m afraid of taking chances” she look down on her knees.

Minzy rarely see this sight of Chaerin. So vulnerable and fragile. She always takes care of the rest of them and she always it in when she has problems on her own. She knows Chaerin wants to be rely on but it’s only so much a person can handle and this time they will be there for her, supporting her.

“Don’t worry unnie, we’re so gonna have girls talk soon. I bet Dara and Bom unnies will be so happy hearing this”

“Don’t tell them yet. I’ll do it myself and don’t go bragging to them saying you’ve heard it first, I can’t afford those unnies getting on my skin after that” she holds Minzy’s finger.

“I won’t. Don’t worry” she smiles.

After finishing, they walk out and thank Hwangssabu for the great session and waving goodbye to Seungri who still needs to continue his workout session.

At the studio

Chaerin is feeling so fired up right now. It’s time. This is it. She thought to herself. After so many years, it’s now time for her to show the world what she made of. She’s standing in the recording staring at the lyrics for her single. She looks at the title, ‘Bad Girl’, waiting for Teddy’s cue for her to start and suddenly the music starts. She can feel her blood rushing through her veins. Oh, how many years she waited for this to happen, she can’t even remember. She starts delivering word by words filling with attitude and portraying herself as CL, ‘The Baddest Female’ and after that she walks out the room.

Teddy just stood there listening to every bit. It was really good, but he doesn’t show it. He just look at Chaerin anxiously waiting for his comments.

“So, oppa, how was it?”

“Erm, it’s good, but there’s glitches here and there. Try singing with more attitude”

“Okay” she smiles and walks back in there.

It was really good actually, but because he knows she can do better, he ask her to do it one more time.

Chaerin starts humming and gets into the character. Right now she’s not Chaerin, it’s CL’s showtime. Building up her momentum, she can feel that she’s giving her all for this song. She wants to step out the comfort zone of typical sounds of Korean music industry and wants to show the world that Korean also can deliver something like this. She pours everything, her attitude, her feelings and her soul and ends it. By the time she steps out of the room she realized that YG is in the room. He’s watching her with a serious stare and she nervously stands beside him and glancing at Teddy.

“I’ll play it from the beginning” says Teddy.

He plays the song and everyone just listening tentatively. She listens to it herself and she feels like crying. She know she did really well this time and he can see YG banging his head lightly and she knows it’s a good sign. The song ended, Teddy turn his head to Chaerin and nods his head as a sign it is a job well done. She smiles.

“Add some ad lib. Well done” he said while patting her head and walks out the room. Chaerin nods and she smiles as she waited him to exit the room.

Teddy gives her a high five “That was so good! I got goosebump!”

“I was so nervous but then I saw boss’s head was moving to my song and I think, Ah….i did well, hahahah”

“You sure did. I’m so proud. Now go home. Rest well, because tomorrow we’re gonna finish this thing”

Chaerin nods in excitement and pack her things and stop “Oppa, I’ve been thinking. That song…. I want to change the title.”

“Why? Too strong?”

“Yeah… I’m not trying to be a bad girl. Haha, by the way I heard Hyori unnie song is also called Bad Girl, I can’t wait for her track to be release” she says, she always admire Hyori whom is a senior. she feels like they have similar personality. Hyori is bold with a strong personality with sense of humour and she hope one day she can do a collaboration with her.

“Righhttttttt, so what’s it gonna be then?”

“How about… The Baddest Female? That is so me.. I’ve been given that nickname since I was a trainee, so why not?”

“Damn, I was supposed to listen when Ji told me, yeah! That’ll be great.”

“Jiyong oppa? Why?”

“Oh, he came up with that name when I was working with your lyrics the other day but I didn’t listen”

“Oh….really?" she smiles

"It must be really hard for you guys to be apart from each other huh?" he teases her.

"Oppa, stop saying silly things" she blushed "I’ll be going then oppa, thank you for your hardwork” she hugs him lightly and walks out.

She takes out her phone and types a text

To: Jiyong Oppa

8.36p.m: Baddest Female in the making ^^

She keeps her phone and ask to be sent to her apartment. Today, she just wants to be home, alone. She sent out texts to all her members saying that she’ll be staying there. She arrived at her apartment and look around. it's a three bedroom apartment, she prepares one for her family since they sometime come and pay her a visit especially Harin, her little sister. The other bedroom is where she keeps her wardrobe and the gifts she recieved from her fans. She keep some in her bedroom and the rest in there. she knows it’s quite lonely sometimes. She’s been living by herself but she’s used to it. She talks with her family whenever she can but timing is crucial for them due to the time difference in France and Korea. She locks the door behind her starts making her way on the living room. She switch on the lights and starts cleaning for a little bit. She bought this not too long ago because she have no place to go if the rest of the members went home to their family. She basically live here more now than before unless they are scheduled for something together or they decide to have slumber party among themselves then she’ll be at their apartment so she won’t miss the fun.

After she’s done with cleaning, she enters her bedroom. There is a section on her wall where she keeps pictures of her and her closed ones. She smiles as she reminisces watching at all the wonderful memories she had captured in a picture. She stares at a picture of her and Jiyong which was candid by Minzy during the after party of their YG Family concert. He was looking at her smiling and she was pouting at the camera holding a V.I.P stick. She sigh. ‘I miss him’.

She goes to the bathroom and wash up. Wearing something comfortable, she wears a tank top and short, she grabs her phone and walks to the kitchen and cook herself ramen noodles. After that she go to the living room and sit with her legs crossed on the floor, puts her ramen on the coffee table and starts eating. She rarely eats ramen but since she’s so lazy to cook anything she tries to make something simple. Suddenly her phone rings. A video call from Jiyong. She doesn’t know how to video call before and Dara saying that she have a high fashion tase and look really stylish but when it comes to technology she is really slow. Since that, she learns a lot from her members and even her instagram, Bom and Minzy help her to set one up since she’s not into Twitter and Me2Day much, they figure she could at least sets up an Instagram account.

She smiles and pick up. “Anyyeong oppa” fixing her hair

“I miss you!!” he screams immediately. She laugh at his behavior and notices that he still at Taipei Arena because she sees the background and he look really tired.

“Awwh, I miss you too oppa, working late this time?"

"Yup, i think i'll collapse anytime soon"

"Get some rest oppa, did you take your vitamins?"

"Yes mummy" he nod his head and Chaerin give him a smirk.

"where is Tae oppa?”

“He’s somewhere, argghhh I’m so tired. Oh, you’re at your place right?”

“Yup”

“What are you doing?”

“Eating” she replies and show him the almost finish ramen.

“Yah, what are you eating? Go and eat proper food” he points at her through the phone.

“I’m so lazy to go and buy food and I’m lazier to cook, so I just eat this”

“Are you not afraid you’ll become bloated tomorrow?” he tease

“Tsk, no. By the way, what time is it? It’s almost 11 here”

“It’s almost 10 here, it’s only 1 hour time difference Chaerinnie…your text just now, have you finish recording? I really wanna be there you know” he looks straight to the camera. Even though they are so far away, he can feel her presence with him now.

“It’s okay oppa… I understand…No. not yet, I’m doing ad lib tomorrow. I change the tittle to The Baddest Female though” she grins and pout naturally showing her aegyo.

“Hah! I knew that title suits you more, but Teddy oppa doesn’t listen! Stop doing that Chae, you are making it hard for me” he says.

“What? I..” she wants to continue but Jiyong suddenly look to his left as he was called to the stage.

Sighing Jiyong look at the screen “I have to go..hmm”

Chaerin can clearly see his expression change

“Oppa! Be strong! Think of your fans out there cheering you on. You have to work hard for them.” she said smiling even though deep inside she wants to spend more time with him.

“Righttt… okay then!” he stood up. “I’ll be going.. I…..” he rub his head. Chaerin waits for him to continue.

“Nothing, I’ll… see you there soon” he smiles and wave at her. Chaerin wave and smiles back at him.

After they ended their conversation, Chaerin just sits there looking at her phone. How she misses him so much. It’s been really hectic and she can’t wait for him to be back in Korea.

She starts counting days in her head till the time they’ll meet again..

“Oppa, be back soon, fighting!”

 


 

I keep messing the plot over and over again TT____TT this is not the original chapter, the original chapter is the introduction of the other man, but i messed up the timing!!!!! -_____- 

I hope you can wait.... i'll make sure it'll be worth it!! Have a bice day you awesome peeps! ^^