It's Raining...

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

 

Chaerin is preparing to leave inkigayo, she performed The Baddest Female and win the number 1 spot for this week. Two days have passed since Singapore, which means, it’s been two days since she last saw Jiyong. Not being able to meet each other in person is a common practice for them. They even have lasted for weeks not meeting each other but that was when they were friends, now it is a different story. Yes, they can go weeks without meeting but they cannot go through a day without at least calling each other. They become more affectionate but still being careful with their surrounding especially in YG building.

“Sunbaenim?”

Chaerin turn around to look at the person who is standing at her waiting room door.

“Omo Kris? Hi!” she walk to the door and she can hear her makeup artist is squealing upon his presence. She rolls her eyes and throw a smile to her makeup artist.

“Ignore them, they are crazy about you” she raised her voice making sure that the unnies heard her and they were giggling like teenagers at the corner of her room.

“Oh really? Let’s take picture then~” he smiles and walk towards the excited unnies. Chaerin give him a big smile and follow from behind.

All of them gather around him and take multiple pictures and Chaerin just stand at the side chuckling at their behaviour.

“Chaerin-ah, now both of you!” one of the makeup artist grab her hand and position her next to Kris. She turn to Kris and noticed that his cheeks redden.

“See, what you did to him. This boy got embarrassed!” she teases and Kris nudge her shoulder lightly.

“Yah~ did not~” he said and straighten his posture.

“Wait.. wait… grab my phone, help me take one also” Chaerin ask her manager to help her take a picture of them. As usual, Chaerin throw different poses and Kris just glance at her following her poses. Lastly, Chaerin pose with her blowfish pout and point her index finger to Kris’s cheek and he pouts as well with one hand around her waist. It happens naturally and all the makeup artist squealed when they saw the picture.

“Omooo!! You guys look good together!!” Chaerin grabs her phone and chuckles when she saw the picture.

“Hey, you put your hand around my waist. You have to pay. It’s not for free” she jokes with a serious tone.

“What? Really?” he thought she was serious until she laughs while pointing at him.

“You should've seen your face” she sticks her tongue out.

“Urghh… anyways, I came to congratulate you for winning today” he smile and extend his hand to her. She chuckles and shakes his hand.

“What’s with the formality, I thought we’re friends?”

“Well friends get back to you after they got a call but I guess you’re not that kind of friend huh?” Kris teases her and Chaerin gasp because she totally forgot about him due to the incident in Singapore.

“Ahh… about that…. I urm…”

“Nevermind, I know you were busy in Singapore. I’ve seen it on youtube by the way.. you were awesome~ though, I kind of wish to be at GD sunbaenim’s position on stage, performing with you”

“You’re just saying that~”

“I’m not. By the way, I can pay if you want..”

“Pay what?” she’s clueless.

“The price for holding your waist.. I’ll buy you food~ I’ll bring you to dinner..” he said while staring into her eyes. Kris doesn’t know where he got the courage to man up and ask her candidly.

She is startled by his straightforward gesture but quickly realized that he is also similar to her. Both have lived outside of Korea, and quite open minded.

“So, this is your way of asking a girl out?” she chuckles.

“Is it working?” he smirk.

“Not for me.” She raised her eyebrow.

“Ouch~” he touch his chest and pretend to get a heart attack “Don’t reject me too fast.. I have to go now, but anytime anywhere just contact me if you wanna go grab food. Actually, I lied. Please inform me earlier so that I can arrange my time for you” he said while scratching his head.

Chaerin slap his shoulder and chuckles “Silly~ will text you later~ oh! But wait…. Your number is private….”

He slaps his forehead and look around searching for something. He grab a pen and quickly grab her palm “I don’t usually do this” he said and starts writing his number.

“Wait~~! It’s dirty!” she frowns but Kris have already finished.

“Oh come on~ it’s just ink” he rolls his eyes. “Alright.. done! I’ll wait, friend.” He emphasize on the word friend and exits her room. She watch him disappear through the door and didn’t realize that her manager is watching everything.

After gathering all her stuff, she walk side by side with her manager and notices that he’s been staring at her for quite some time.

“What?” she squints her eyes to Jjangmae.

“You know what~” he gives her a bottle of water.

“What? I really don’t have any idea” she sips and bows to the juniors in the hallway.

“That” he points at Kris’s number on her palm.

“Oh, Kris’s number, why?” she still missing out the point.

“Should I be worried? Like maybe prepare a statement or prepare anything for any kind of ‘rumours’?”

“What? No…. ohhh~ I see, no.. it’s okay, we’re just friends” they start to walk faster approaching their vehicle. She waves and smile at her fans who is congratulating her from a far before entering the nanny van.

“Fine~ just a simple reminder, you still have your dating ban. Be careful” he said and give him a if-you-have-a-boyfriend-just-tell-me-i-will-protect-you kind of look.

“Haha, fine. No worries, we’re just friends”

“It’s always like that~ first you start off as friends than you become a lover”

“Ewwwww!!! Stop talking about love with me, it’s creepy” she laugh and suddenly she’s reminded of her boyfriend and smile sheepishly looking out the window.

“Yah~ if there is ever a time you need protection, remember me. I’m always here no matter what.” He said with a straight face. He always views them as someone close to his heart. Being with them since day one, he already developed a special bond and take them as his second family.

“I know” she smiles and both are silent after that lost in their own world.

Chaerin look at her palm and take her phone out to save Kris’s number.

‘What should I name you? Kris? Boring…. Erm, Teddy Bear Guy? I’ll be dead by Jiyong…. ahh!! Dirty K.. haha, that’s suits you’ she giggles and smile. She always puts nickname to her contacts including her family members. She named her parents PapaBear and MamaBear, her sister Harin as MyOtherHalf. All her 2NE1 members also have their own nickname, Bom is Bombshell, Dara is Wifey and Minzy is EroMingkki so it’s no surprise she would name Kris that way.

To: Dirty K

4.41pm: Yuhuu friend. I fulfil my promise :p

To: Jiyong Oppa

4.41p.m: Where are you? Just finished Inkigayo~~~ I got no.1!! Give me a present (Hint: hugs and kisses)

They are heading back to YG to practice their dance for ‘Falling in Love’. Hoping that she could meet Jiyong there, there still no reply for him and there is only two conclusion for that, it’s either he’s busy or sleeping.

She arrived at YG and straight away goes to their practice room to meet with the girls and the dancer.

“Woahhh~~!!! Nan nappeun gizibe, na nan nappeun gizibe” Dara does her dance move when she saw Chaerin enter the room and quickly hug her. Minzy and Bom both cheering and yelling congratulations to her as well as the dancers.

“Guys~ you were there~~~” she rolls her eyes at the dancers and they laugh. They were the same dancers on stage with her just now but they gone back earlier for this practice.

“Sorry, I’m a bit late~” Chaerin goes to the locker room and keep her bag and her phone after checking any messages from Jiyong. Well, there's one, but it’s from Kris.

From: Dirty K

4.45p.m: Happy to see your text, friend :)

She smile but turn sour after that because it’s not the person she’s hoping for. Seeing that there’s no text from Jiyong, she continues to join her members.

They practiced for few hours and took part on choreographing the dance move, especially Minzy and Chaerin with the help of their choreographer. After finalizing their dance move and satisfy with it, they practice again for another hour to sharpen their moves. They have to show it to YG the day after tomorrow before they can proceed with the filming and so on.

“I’m tired~~~” Dara exhale lays on Minzy’s lap after end of practice.

“Me too~” Bom says.

“Have you guys eaten?” Chaerin turn to look at her members and all of them shake their heads.

“Me too~ I’m going back to our place by the way” she turn to look at Dara.

“Omo~ but I’m going back~ Gaeddong is going far away leaving me here…hul~” Dara make an exaggerated sad face and the Minzy giggle watching her over reacting.

“Unnie, he’s going to Japan~” Minzy rolls her eyes.

“That’s why I need to be at home… urgh, Mingkki ah, since Chaerin is no longer available, why don’t you and my brother go on a date” she sit up and blinks her eyes repeatedly towards Minzy.

“What????????? You crazy woman~” Minzy blurted out.

“Yah!! I’m your unnie~ if this is how you speak to me, then I’ll take back my offer” Bom and Chaerin laugh watching the two bickering. After packing up and smoothing up some of the details of their dance, they leave the premise parting ways in the parking lot with Dara who rides her own car.

 


 

“I’m going out~”

“Where to unnie?” Minzy asked Bom who is looking stunning with her hair down, light makeup and a simple black dress showing off her slender legs match with a Christian Louboutin heels. She is looking effortlessly beautiful right now.

“Wow, unnie… You’re so gorgeous”

“Really? Is it too much? Especially the heels, be honest” she twirl in front of Minzy.

“You got a date? You look perfect!” she winks at Bom

“No~ Tell you later…Don’t wait for me. I’ll be back home tonight don’t worry~ good night!” she quickly make her move out from their dorm.

She called Top when they arrived at their dorm asking him to meet up and now he’s waiting for her downstairs. He just finished filming his scenes and was heading home when he got the call from Bom. She is determined to tell her feelings tonight. Top on the other hand was shocked just now when he received the call, because she rarely calls him for personal matters before this and it’s making him anxious. He parked his car strategically where the fans unable to have a look and starts looking at himself in the mirror making sure that he looks perfect and when he turns, he feels like the time have stopped for a moment. Looking picturesque as ever the woman who is walking towards him is perfectly gorgeous and he suddenly gets nervous. They have never been alone together since that incident and it somehow brings back all the memories.

“Sorry, did I make you wait that long?” Bom says as soon as she enters his vehicle.

“No… don’t worry~ Wow. Did you purposely make yourself this pretty to meet me?” he teases her trying to make it comfortable for both of them.

“What? No! We’re back from an event…urm…I didn’t change after that” she lied and puts on her seatbelt.

“What event?” he glance at her before driving off.

“Some event. Erm.. I’m hungry, Take me somewhere to eat” she demands and chuckles after that realizing she sounds like a stuck up girl.

“Wow. You haven’t change a bit~” he giggles.

They were talking to each other asking about the usual stuff of their work, health and so on before arriving to the location. Top called one of his friends who owns an Italian restaurant and ask for permission to enter from the backdoor and to arrange a private space for him and Bom. They carefully enters the restaurant and thankfully the area is quite deserted may be because it’s getting late.

“Wow, nice place~” Bom take a look at her surroundings.

“Sure is, he opened five of these around the world, quite an achievement” he smiles and starts looking at the menu.

“What are you eating?”

“You? Have you eaten or is this your first meal? It can’t be your first meal right? Who am I kidding.” He joke and Bom is clearly embarrassed by his words.

“Yah!!” she glance at the waiter who is hiding his smile “Order for me then” she said and close the menu.

“okay then, erm. For me, Chicken Parmesan, Brocolli Bruschetta and for my lady a Butternut Squash Lasagna and after that can you bring us Tiramisu as the desert? I want to fill her up because she looks skinny nowadays. And oh…. Bring us your finest wine. Thank you” he politely gestured to the waiter and he nods leaving both of them.

“Wow Seunghyun, you’ve grown becoming a man” Bom look at him while flicking her bangs.

“I am a man. You just didn’t notice” he holds the stalk of the wine glass with a dry smile on his face. Bom feels like somebody shoot her from behind and swallows the word he just said to her “So, what do you want to talk about?” he gaze into her eyes.

Sitting here together with him is so surreal. Bom was so sure about this an hour ago but now she’s just that confident of what to talk anymore.

“Let’s eat first, shall we? Then we’ll talk” Bom said finally. She had never been this nervous before. Even telling her parents for the first time about her passion in singing was not as nerve wrecking as this one.

“Okay~” he smiles. Still having no clue of what Bom want to say. He glance at her slim fingers intertwine with each other and how much he wants to touch those fingers and that full lips of hers that is pursed together as if calling him to plant a kiss. He shakes his head and look out the window. While they are lost in their own feelings, the waiter come serving the delicacies in front of them.

“Wow~ this looks good!” Bom smile with a sparkle in her eyes.

Top is happy, the smile and that expression that he almost forgotten is in front of him. They indulge while enjoying each other company and sometimes talk about Jiyong and Chaerin’s relationship.

“Wow, tell your friends his foods are daebak!” Bom smile giddily after finishing her dish.

“Wait, you haven’t try the tiramisu” the waiter come with a plate of Tiramisu and serve it in front of them.

“Enjoy”

”You? Let’s share”

“I want to see you enjoy your food. This is the only time I’m able to see you this close and it’s rare” he gaze into her eyes and Bom smile and brush her hair to the back of her ears.

“Why are you saying stuff like this. it’s cheesy” she said and start forking the tiramisu.

“Do you know the story behind Tiramisu?” Bom shakes her head.

Some people said, Tiramisù means “remember me”, but some said it’s “go with me”. However the most romantic edition is said that the Tiramisù represents love.” He grab a fork and take a bite on the cake. Bom flutter at the word he said

“So, what’s your kind of story?” Bom starts to engage him in conversation.

“Me? I did not have the opportunity to interpret my kind of Tiramisu, I don’t get to taste it” he folds his arm and give Bom a meaningful look. “So, about the thing you want to talk about?”

“Oh.." she puts down the fork and exhale heavily. She looks nervous and Top patiently wait for her to continue "is the rumours true?” she took a long breath before saying it to him.

“What rumours?”

“The one where you have an actress as a girlfriend?” she sips on her wine as if it could help her to gather up her courage. He look at her, puzzled.

“Why do you want to know?”

“Please, just answer the question…” she sounded pathetic and look down to the napkin on her lap.

“What exactly do you want to talk about?” he doesn’t want to back off.

She stare him right in the eye and thought to herself to just spill everything. It's now or never. 

“I still haven’t gotten over you.. I thought I could all these years… but I’m wrong” she said and look down at the cake. “Remember when we did Oh Yeah together with Jiyong? I really thought that I’m over you, I can sing and dance without feeling anything but I was wrong."

"i, myself are surprised how i can maintain my composure when i'm with you. I guess it's already becoming a habit and I made myself believe that i have no feelings for you" she chokes. The emotion is building up within her, and she starts looking at her surrounding, worried if there is anyone who is looking at them.

"I was devastated after hearing the rumours and all I could ever think of is I’m going to lose you forever after this….and it’s all my fault….mine” she quickly wipe the tears falling and gather up herself to calm down. As she takes a glance at Top, he is looking at her with no expression at all.

After seeing her calm down he calls the waiter and give him his credit card. Bom look a little bit confused by his action. The waiter come back with the card and Top immediately stands up. What he is about to say will cause her to feel like she is getting a slap across her face.

“I think it’s time for us to go” after saying that he walks in front and Bom just follow from behind still trying to process what does this all means. He opens the door for Bom and waited for the confused woman to enter the vehicle.

The sound of the radio and the dim street light is their companion along the way. Bom realized now what all this means. He is rejecting her, but in a good way and she started to tremble trying to hold her tears but fails. Eventually, her tears starts rolling down her cheeks and she closes trying not to make a sound but the pain she's feeling is unbearable and she starts crying. Top feel his heart breaks into pieces hearing her soft cries and how much he wants to hold her in his embrace right now but can’t. It’s just too late. He let her to fall deep into her emotion while he's cussing himself for making her weep.

They arrived below their apartment and she fixes her makeup

“Minzy will shoot me with questions if she sees me like this” she chuckles

He grab her hand before she exits the vehicle and give a sorrowful look.

“Aigoo~ don’t worry too much…. Just ignore everything I’ve said just now.” She smiles but who is she kidding?

“I’ll be okay, drive safe!” she take her hand off Top’s and close the door behind her. She turns around giving him a smile and wave happily until he fades away from her sight. Even if he’s gone, Bom is still standing there and she felt water drops on her face lightly at first and it becomes heavy in few minutes. She looks at the sky wondering if they are mocking her or expressing the way she feels right now and she can feel her tears rolling down her cheeks. She stays in that position with her face in her palm feeling sorry for herself.

All this while, she didn’t realize that her heart belongs to one man only and it’s Top. It’s too bad that she only realize this now because everything has crumbled. Standing in the rain makes her reminisce the time where they were running, how he held her hands in his and how they make sweet love at his place after that. It was wonderful but because she was so afraid of the outcome she threw a fit to Top saying that it was all a mistake. If she could go back to that time she would tell him that it was the most amazing moment she ever gone through.

 


 

Top throw his gaze to the water dripping down his window. It’s raining again. He wonders what Bom are feeling right now and think to himself weather it was harsh for him to let her go like that. He is still trying to process what she said just now with how he is feeling.

A part of him wants to hug her and pull her to him and the other part is still trying to lock himself out due to the pain he felt when Bom said it was a mistake. Is he still holding a grudge? Even after all these years, Top still haven't been able to find someone else to replace her spot in his heart. Plenty of girls are waiting to spread their legs for Top but he never take advantage of that because he is still waiting for that somebody to enter his life. Even his friends have no idea why he is locking himself up. He sits, stands, walk around his apartment and take a sit again feeling restless.

Finally, he brushes off his hair and stand abruptly. He grabs his car key. He made up his mind. All he wants to do right now is run to Bom and tell her how he feels. Maybe they can start anew. He open his door to make his move but there is someone blocking his move in front of him.

“What…..are you doing here?”

 

 


Hi all~~~ Don't hate me for this chapter~~~ ^_^

Shoutout to those who voted my story!! cocobobo, Radar_Skydragon, M1R1AM, sophiee adn Ravaaaa ^^

p/s: Just a quick question... how to post a picture here? T_T i'm a noob...