The Other Side of G-Dragon

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

Jiyong's room

*Beg For It - Chris Brown playing in the background*

Jiyong put down his phone and turn up the volume of his speaker, he listens to the song while browsing through the internet. Suddenly he stop. He rest his back on the chair with his head tilt back looking at the ceiling. He brushes his hair to the back with both hands and start to recall back what happened that day.

He let out a big sigh. He wanted to spend time with Chaerin tonight but she insists on spending it with her group. He didn't mind actually, what bother him was that she was out of reach and it somewhat affected his concentration in the studio a little bit. He remembered his conversation with Teddy in the studio earlier.

"Yo, GD! Man... what's wrong? Why do i got a feeling that your soul is somewhere out there and not in the studio?"

"Huh? oh.. Err, i'm sorry hyung. Just a bit frustrated, sorry" he looked at his phone, frowning.

"Why? Girl problem?"

"What? No...uhh... It's Chaerin"

"What about her?"

"She's not picking up my calls nor reply to my messages, it really frustrating! Aishhhh!" Jiyong rest his head on the desk with his hand on the back of his head grabbing his hair.

"Why are you acting like a boyfriend whom having trouble reaching his girlfriend?"

Jiyong straighten up his back upon hearing the words that came out of Teddy's mouth

"I'll help you to call her" After dialling he continues "Hello? Yo, CL!! The baddest female. Here Jiyong wants to speak with you" he passed the phone to Jiyong.

"YAH!!! WHY DIDN"T YOU REPLY TO MY MESSAGES AND PICK UP MY CALLS YET YOU PICKS UP WHEN HYUNG CALLS? HELLO?? Yah? Chaerin? Hello?" Jiyong turn to his left when he hears Teddy was laughing while pointing at him. He quickly look at the phone and he sees the screen is pitched black and realized that Teddy was joking.

"Yah! Hyung! It's not funny!"

"It is!! Hahahaha.... Omo omo you look like you are ready to punch me in the face. Sorry Ji, can't help it"

"Hyung, if you are Seungri, i would've.." Jiyong said while making his way to lay down on Teddy's couch with his hand on his face.

Teddy turn around facing Jiyong and realized that it was serious. He watched Jiyong and it comes to his senses that something is happening here. Why does Jiyong become like this just because Chaerin didn't reply any of his messages and calls. Then it hit him. He smiles.

"Ji, are you in love?"

Jiyong startled and slowly shift into sitting position, his hands are now on his laps and he is looking down on his shoes.

"What do you mean hyung?" still in his position.

"You know i can see right through you so don't lie. Whatever you are feeling right now, your behaviour right now? Been there, done that man."

Jiyong lift his head up and look at Teddy. He can see that Teddy are recalling some events that had happen in the past. He listens as Teddy continues.

"I've been in your shoes man. So I know. Don't ask. So, it's Chaerin huh? You sure?"

"Hmm I don't know hyung"

"You don't know what?"

"I don't know hyung. I'm afraid."

"Afraid? What do you mean?" Teddy look concern. He have known these boys for so long and he really care for them and treat them like his own brother.

People often view Teddy with cool personality but he is really affectionate towards his juniors and will be there to comfort them if they ever need his point of view. As of now, he knows that Jiyong is in confusion and he is trying to help him get through with it.

"I don't know hyung. At first, she is just someone i view as a friend, a junior from the same company but I don't know when it happened that suddenly the feeling change and i'm afraid. I don't want to lose her hyung. I...I like her... a lot. It's not the same when i'm with Kiko, Minzy, Bom noona, Dara noona or any other girls. It's different. When i see her, I... *sigh* I thought it's gonna passby just like that. I try to ignore the feeling hoping that it will go away but it only grew stronger each day. I never felt like this. previously when i want someone, i'll immediately approach the person, but with her, even if she's right there, i feel like it's hard you know? As if there will be serious damage if i decided to do anything"  without holding back anything, Jiyong spills out everything and truth to be told, he needed someone to talk to. He tried to vent out to Youngbae but he is just everywhere nowadays with events he have to go, photoshoot, interview and he hardly sees the guys. Feels like everyone is busy doing something somewhere so Jiyong saw this opportunity to clarify to Teddy.

Teddy listens, watching Jiyong as he his hair back few times and let out a few sighs. It is confirmed. Jiyong is falling for Chaerin. He always knew that both Jiyong and Chaerin have this undeniable chemistry when they are together but he never thought Jiyong to ever fall in love with Chaerin. Guess love finds it way for both of them. 

"Ji, what you are feeling right now? It's more than a love from a friend or a senior. A boy and a girl can never be close with each other without developing feelings. Trust me, I know. And what is this talk about damage and . If you really like her, go for it. Don't tell me you want to wait until someone snatch her away from you then you wanna do something. By then, it's too late. But, only go for it if you are really serious about her Ji, because this is Chaerin we are talking about."

"Hmm, that is exactly what i'm trying to say hyung. It's Lee Chaerin. That's why i'm afraid to even acknowledge the feeling."

"What are you afraid of actually?"

"Everything hyung. YG, the fans, the media, her carier, my carier but most of all her reaction. What if she doesn't feel the same way as i do? Where do we go after that? I'm afraid of losing her"

Teddy move and sits beside Jiyong. He can see that Jiyong's face is really troubled by that matter.

"I never seen you like this before Ji and i must say that i'm somewhat proud because i can see that you are maturing now. You take into consideration of other people's condition. If i were to give you advice i would say, screw everything and go for it. It's better to voice out and let your feelings be heard than suffering like this. Everything must have a solution to it" he stands up and started walking back to his chair.

Jiyong just watch Teddy as he start doing some mixing,he sat there for a few moment before returning back to his chair. He let out a few big sigh and wipe his face with his hand.

"Let's continue our work hyung, thinking about this makes my head hurts. Sorry about the delay hyung. I shouldn't mix work with personal matter" within minutes he regain back his composure and starts picking up where he left off. Teddy smiles at him and just nod before joining Jiyong. They start to continue their work mixing and finding the right note for the right lyrics. Jiyong are now busy helping out for Seungri's comeback album. They were suppose to meet with each other but since he is due for a comeback, Seungri been busy preparing for it by doing dance practices and sharpening their vocals. Since YG have signed several new artists, Bigbang comeback is put on hold and they are now helping the new artists to publish their album.

Of course Jiyong want to have comeback as BigBang so bad, but he knows that he needs to give way to his juniors to be introduced to the world. He is more than happy to help. On the other hand, Teddy is busy with 2ne1 single. They don't know the title yet but they are trying to promote it during the summer so Teddy is working hard for their single. After a few meeting with the girls and YG, they have decided that their new single should be different then the previous ones and since it coming out for summer they want to make love as their theme. Thinking about it, Teddy feels like it is a coincidence and he smiles. With Jiyong's confession just now he started to scramble some lyrics and smile satisfily to himself. Now, he just need to meet up with the girls to show them the lyrics. They have been actively involve with the decision this time especially Chaerin, being the leader she basically have involved in almost everything from their costume, make up, dance move and much more.

Just when things started to go smoothly, Teddy's phone alarm went off. He stare with the corner of his eyes "Oh man, it's 5. We have to stop now because i have to meet with YG for a meeting. It's about Akdong Musician...ahhh I have to go, i'm gonna be late."

"Oh, it's okay hyung. You can go, Thank you for your hardwork, I have to go for interview as well"

"Alright. Oh by the way Ji, be strong. Come on~~~ you can do it. Besides, you look like a sissy when you behave that way and i can almost see your tears rolling down your cheeks" he finishes off his sentences with a joke. He wanted Jiyong to relax and don't get stress with that matter.

"Hyung~ really?" he rolls his eyes and says his goodbye. Both part ways in the hallway. 

Back to reality, Jiyong is in front of his computer. He put down his hand roughly and accidentally clicked on a link. He is about to close the window when he saw the article. 'Kim Hyun Joong Admires CL of 2NE1' he scroll down the article and saw a picture of Hyun Joong and CL being put side by side. He sigh. He is not really interested on the article. He knows, Chaerin have lots of male fans. Not only fans from Blackjacks but also within the entertainment world. There are several time previously YG have told him that certain artist from different company show interest to date with Chaerin after her 'no dating rule' is due. Previously, Jiyong will only laughs it off and saying that if they want to date any of YG girls, they will have to go through everyone from Jinu, Sean,Teddy to him and other Bigbang members but now come to think of it, he really want to meet with YG and tell him that CL is off limit. 'Chaerin is mine. tsk. As if..' he mumbles to himself.

He stares back at the screen and starts typing CL fanboys.

'Am i a stalker now?'  he look around him as if there is someone in his room and smile sneakily. When the links finally came up he just stares at the screen . He is really amazed with some people who spends their time researching about Chaerin alone. There is a website that has been dedicated just for Chaerin alone. Somewhat thankful of the website, he clicks and a list of name appear. He feel defeated by looking at the names. 'What the hell? How can i win?' he abruptly closes the window, shut down his pc and jump on his bed. "Aish!!" he remembered his conversation with Chaerin just now, he can sense that she sounded a bit down when she wants to end the conversation but still clueless, Jiyong does not get the hint. He just thought that Chaerin must really feel tired and the moment Chaerin pop the question about why he does not call the other members, he really wants to tell her that he does not have any desire to talk with them because he just want to hear her voice and of course he does not want the other girls to think that he is looking for Chaerin. 'That would definitely make me look like a doofus. Obsessed with Chaerin' he shift his position to the side looking at his side table, he saw the spongebob figurine on his side table and take it. It is a small figurine, the sized of his palm. Chaerin gave it to him two years ago when they were in the studio recording. All the 2ne1 members were present at that time. 

"Oppa, this is for you, since you're into spongebob and all" he remembered Chaerin passed him the spongebob out of nowhere.

"Yah, what kind of gesture is that, it's not sincere at all. You didn't even wrap it"

Chaerin chuckles "Haha oppa, i am! I looked hard for this when we were in the states okay"

"No she's not! She just walk pass this store and they just happen to display it and that's when unnie saw it and goes 'oh, it's G-bob! I should get it for Jingyo oppa'"

"Yah Gong Mingkki" Chaerin said while trying to close Minzy's mouth.

"I don't want it, just give it to somebody else"

"Aigoo oppa. Think of it this way, i saw this figurine and immediately think of you. You are special to me oppa and i never did that to anyone aside of you, does that sound sincere enough?" she smiled and cutely put G-bob besides Jiyong's face "Omo~ I couldn't differentiate who is G-Bob and who is GD, you both look exactly the same" 

Jiyong remember the feeling exactly at that moment, he felt something aroused inside of him when Chaerin say those words and looking at that sweet smile. Jiyong smile while holding the figurine in his hand. He places it back at the top of table and whisper 'You, what am i to you.. I'm gonna win your heart and make sure the world know about it."