Nobody Knows

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

To: Jiyong Oppa

9.48p.m: Oppa, I’m at home now.

To: Chaerin

9.52p.m: Still have energy to meet up?

To: Jiyong Oppa

9.53p.m: I’m hungry. Haven’t eat anything, I’m dying.

To: Chaerin

9.54p.m: -_-“ be there in a bit

To: Jiyong Oppa

9.56p.m: Take your time. I’m taking shower 1st.

To: Chaerin

9.57p.m: Omg. Means it will be 2 hours then. Yah! I’ll give you around 30 minutes only. Quickly.

To: Jiyong Oppa

10.00p.m: -_-“ just wait.

To: Chaerin

10.02p.m: Yah! 30 mins.

Chaerin throws her handphone on her bed. Surprisingly everything ended early today. Usually she won’t be home before midnight. She lay down on her bed and squeeze her neck and shoulder, she is so tired right now, but she really wants to see Jiyong. She misses him so much. She open up her bag and takes out the gift she received earlier. She takes it out from the box and look at it with a smile. She recalls back his words just now. ‘Hmm, why does it sounds so familiar’ she frown, she know she heard it from somewhere and finally she remembers. That was the exact same words she said to Jiyong 2 years ago when she gave him a small Spongebob figurine. She’s touched and smile, ‘so he remembers’ she look around her room to find a place where she can place C-cat. Then she place it on the table beside her bed, close to her beside a photo collage of her n her family.

“C-cat, you stay here beside me kay? So that every night before I sleep, you will remind me of Jingyo Oppa”

She stands up and starts to undress herself, she picks up her towel and march towards the bathroom. She feels so good to have that hot shower after a long day. Her memory went back to the time where Jiyong tries to kiss her. She quickly closes with her palm and shakes his head abruptly. She wonders whether it is just a prank. She remembers staring into his gaze and it just feels so right but so wrong at the same time. “Does that boy have feelings for me too? This really is so exhausting. I need to know, but how? Aishhhh!” she mumbles to herself feeling frustrated. She continues showering and thinks to herself that she really needs to gather herself when she’s around Jiyong. It’s getting obvious that she’s easily flustered when Jiyong is in the picture. If this continues, it might ruin their friendship. Finally, she steps out from her bathroom.  

She hasn’t seen any of the girls yet, Dara is not in her room just now. She texted them, but only Minzy replied to her text saying that they’re still in practice. She looks at the clock hanging on her wall, when she sees that it’s almost 10.45p.m she quickly move her pace. She wears an oversized hoodie to cover her y figure matching with a black short. She doesn’t wear any make up. She applies night cream to her face and puts on lip balm. Done.

She picks up her phone and before she types a message to Jiyong, Bom’s caller id appear on her screen.

“Hello unnie”

“Baby Rin.. that was fast” Bom chuckles.

“What’s up unnie?”

“Hul, since when do I need reason to call you..”

“No, that’s not what I meant, aigoo”

“Haha, the girls and i together with manager 678 and Yang to the Geng want to go grab dinner, we are on our way to pick you up, be ready k”

“Oh, unnie, no need. Jiyong oppa is picking me up, just tell me the place k, we’ll be right behind you guys”

Chaerin heard the girls cheering in the background, obviously it is on loudspeaker.

“Omo omo omo…. What is this? are you guys going on a date? Yah, Chaerinnie, what did I told you? You have to be careful, never ever..ever…everrrrrrrrr go out with another celebrity unaccompanied unless you want to be the front cover of all  the news tomorrow” Bom starts giving her lecture on the phone.

“Unnie, I was about to call you girls to join us okay”, she throws a white lie to stop them from pestering her. “Besides, if it’s just the two of us people won’t make a big fuss okay, we are on the same company, of course we’ll go out together some time. By the way, it’s not a date. Cut it” Chaerin starts defending herself before hearing the girls woo-ing at the background and laughing hysterically.

“Chaerin unnie, why so defensive?” the maknae starts provoking and she hears Dara says “Good job maknae!! Hahahha” Chaerin bite her lips. The other members are having so much fun teasing her. She knows Minzy might have a clue after the cafeteria incidents but they never talk about it again.

“Mingkki ah… you will get it from me later” Chaerin said jokingly. “I’m hanging up, just text me the location later, I love you annoying people. Ciao” Chaerin have no other way then playing it cool.

“Uhhhhhhh~~~~~ we love you too” they scream in unison.

Chaerin end the conversation and shakes her head. Those crazy members of her, how can you not love them. She starts dialling for Jiyong and he picks up after two rings.

“Wow, seriously, when I said 30 minutes did you took it for 1 hour?”

“What? It’s not even 11. It’s….10….52” Chaerin mumbles while glancing at her gold watch.

“Yeah. I have to shave my beard because it grows while waiting for you” he could hear her chuckles at the end of the line. Jiyong is not mad at all, he understands clearly of girls, especially Chaerin who takes forever to clean herself, such a clean freak. He just love teasing her because he finds her comeback always amuses him.

“Quit exaggerating oppa, I’ll come down in a bit”

“Quickly”

“Bye” and she hangs up.

Chaerin takes out her Chanel sunglass hiding her bare face. It’s not that she’s embarrassed to show her face, but as an idol, she needs to take care of her image as well as her company. Seeing how intense the comments can get when fans saw their bare face can sometimes have effect on her self-esteem. She knows that she is not categorized under the typical pretty idols and she couldn’t care less but what she doesn’t like is, people will start to criticize the other members as well, and other people will get affected, their stylist, their make-up artis, all of them will be cursed saying that they didn’t take  good care of 2NE1. To free from all that hassle she found a secret to it.  She do wears heavy make up for an events and shows but if she goes for a practice she’ll wear minimal make up or none at all. So, for a safe measure, she just brings her sunnie to where ever she goes. Simple. Wear them and hide everything.

She arrived outside of the building and tries to spot a white Lamborghini. She looks around and saw Jiyong’s car parked not too far away from her place. Carefully she monitor her surrounding trying to locate any fans and gladly there is none. Still, she moves like a ninja for extra caution until she is near to Jiyong’s vevicle. Jiyong was watching every move she makes and it tickles him. He knows his car alone attracts attention but luckily there aren’t many people luring about there. He smiles as he watch Chaerin slowly moving closer and finally enters his car. She looks so cute wearing that oversised KTZ hoodies that they bought together not long ago. The only thing he not fond of is her legs. No, not that her legs have problem, it's just that, he prefer if he is the only person that can see her legs. 'What am i thinking now? idiot.' he quickly snap out of it and puts up an unsatisfy expression when Chaerin is about to enter indicating that he’s mad at her for being late.

“I waited for an hour for this? I thought you are dressing up to the 9’s”

Chaerin took her glasses off and throws a death stare at Jiyong. “I’m just gonna swallow it since I owe you an apology. Sorry for being late” she says.

“I think I deserve more than an apology”

“Fine, I’m buying. Oh, speaking of that, Bom unnie called just now and she asks us to join them for dinner, I’m waiting for her to text me” she check her phone searching for an update but none.

Jiyong sigh, just when he’s about to have a moment with her, everyone starts to appear from nowhere. “Them?”

“Yup, including manager oppa and Seungho oppa.”

“Why?”

“What do you mean why? To eat. To fill our hunger”

“Cancel it. Tell them you’re not feeling like going out..we go by ourselves”

“And if they go back home and I’m not there?”

“Then you tell them you gone back to your apartment. Oh! Why not we go to your apartment and eat the food that you promised to make for me the other day?” Jiyong try to push his luck. He knows he sounded ridiculous just now, but he thought it wouldn’t be hurt to try. Who knows Chaerin might agree to his silly suggestion. Chaerin stares at her phone blankly while listening to the most childish idea she have ever heard.

”It’s Bom unnie, they are at the noodle restaurant that we went the other day after your concert oppa” Chaerin ignoring him as sign opposing to his idea.

“You can at least pretend to have a thought about my suggestion just now” he’s a little bit upset seeing how Chaerin responded to it.

“Oppa, what’s the point of doing all that? This is so not you oppa, you seem so different lately” Chaerin tries to get something out of him and she doesn’t know what to expect. She wants an explanation about all that have happened because it is bothering her. She doesn’t want to approach him and ask directly because it might be one sided only. That pride and ego of hers is hindering her to show him her soft side that she’s really feeling, she doesn’t want to be seen as someone who is easy to get flustered over some lame joke that is not even funny to her.

On the other hand, Jiyong tries hard to hold his thoughts from coming out from his lips ‘It’s because I want to be with you and only you. Can’t you see that I just want to spend time with you? Alone. I want to tell you how I really feel.’ What he really want right now is to tell her what he really feels but he holds, because this is not the right time. Jiyong really doesn’t want to tarnish what they have now, he rather hold it back then to lose Chaerin forever but he knows that eventually, he needs to let out his feelings no matter what because he also wants to feel serene again. He let out a big sigh. He pressed hard on his steering wheel and start the engine. Chaerin waits for his reply and pretending to be busy with her phone.

“Nothing” and he just drive to the location. There is silence in the car. Both parties in deep thoughts. Chaerin feeling frustrated because of Jiyong silence and turn on the music player and Jiyong’s playlist is playing, he pretended to be focus on the road. While they listen, Nobody Knows by Pinks starts playing.

Nobody knows

Nobody knows but me

That I sometimes cry

If I could pretend that I’m asleep

When my tears start to fall

I peek out from behind these walls

I think nobody knows

Nobody knows no

 

Chaerin listens carefully as Pink’s enchanting vocals singing the song beautifully. As she listens, she really feels the connection like she is singing towards her. She squeezes her hands. That what exactly she feels right now. She has a secret that she couldn’t talk to anybody. What is she’s really afraid of? This is plain and simple. She fell in love. Yes, she acknowledge the feeling now even if she is still unsure of his. What is so hard about falling in love? It’s because she is not a regular person that is unknown. She is living under the spotlight that whatever she does will be judge. What she eats, what she wears, her thoughts. Everything. The person she’s in love with is even more. She is scared of acceptance. Chaerin thought to herself since when does she ever really cares about what people might think? It’s funny. She’s the type of person who is very outspoken but when it comes to love, she could not bare of having the thought of her loved ones getting hurt. She wants to protect them. Drowning with her own thoughts when she listens to the last part of the song and she chokes.

Nobody knows

Nobody knows the rhythm of my heart

The way I do when I’m lying in the dark

And the world is asleep

I think nobody knows

Nobody knows

Nobody knows but me

Me

 

Chaerin clears and closes her eyes repeatedly to avoid her tears from falling down her cheeks. Her lips is trembling and she bit her lips. Jiyong doesn’t notice the situation and keep driving. His mind is also occupied. He really wants to just tell it to her face ‘I love you’ but he still unsure of her feelings. Yes, he saw her flustered just now at the studio but any girl will act the same way if they are in that kind of situation he thinks. Then we have the ‘cafeteria incident’ where he clearly saw her reaction. Thinking about it, they were many times where that had happened before but she never reacted that way. Chaerin is known for her skin ship towards people that she’s close with. Even with others, she has no problem showing her affection. She lived abroad so that is not a big deal for her so why she’s suddenly becomes embarrassed. ‘Does she have feelings for me too? Arghh, I need to confirm this, need to find reliable resources’ Jiyong is determined.

Finally, they arrive at the restaurant. Chaerin put her game face on. For now she’s just going to fake it until the time comes where she have to break free. Jiyong also act the same way. Before getting off, Jiyong holds her fingers. “Sorry for earlier”

“Same here” she smiles.

They walk side by side entering the restaurant. They weren’t many people as it is approaching midnight. Thankfully this restaurant opens from 7p.m until 2a.m and they have a private room which was organized by the owner since they are regulars. After greeting the owner they enter into the room and they saw the rest already starting to eat.

“Hul, what took you so long? We ordered for you guys so just eat, if you want anything just order again okay” Bom says after she sees them.

“Ask her”

“Why me? Oppa drove like a turtle” Chaerin replied and Jiyong stares her in disbelief. Chaerin just gives him a wink and goes around greeting everyone and sits. Jiyong does the same and went to Seungho last and hug him lightly.

“It’s been a long time bro, haven’t seen you for weeks” Seungho says and went on continue with his meal.

“Yeah, been busy running around”

After that everybody just enjoy the food in front of them because they were so hungry they focus on eating their food when suddenly there is a camera flash.

“I took a picture, because it is so rare seeing you guys this quiet, ahahah this is so funny. I’ll send it to each of you later.” 2NE1’s manager breaks the silence with his big laugh causing everybody insecure with their own looks and start making a big fuss.

“Yah, if I look ugly in that picture, I’m going to kill you” says Bom while pointing her chopsticks towards him.

“Me too~” the rest of the girls cries while trying to grab his phone.

“Girls, always gets insecure with their looks. Pssshhh” Jiyong provoking them and seeking support from the other two guys.

“Well, what about you oppa? You are exactly the same. When other idols are wearing the same clothes that you wear and they look much better, you also feel insecure right? Asking around making comparison” Bom, Minzy and Dara laugh satisfied with the comeback given by their leader and Jiyong feel serene upon hearing her voice because finally she’s back to witty self.

“Pshh, no. Guys wanna be me and girls wants to get on me” Seungho cheers loudly and clink his glass with a spoon.

“Wow, confident much?” Bom ready to go on it with Jiyong, Chaerin’s smile dry up and Minzy notices. Seems like Chaerin is affected by Jiyong’s last sentence. She notices because she’s the only one that kind of know that there is something going between those though it still vague to her.

“I wouldn’t say if it ain’t true” he continues clueless about the situation right now. For him, he is just having fun teasing the girls.

“Those kinds of girls are easy oppa, some, you have to work hard if you want some and…..you might not get it also” Jiyong snaps and take a glimpse at Minzy who is smiling at Chaerin. He turns to Chaerin whom is sitting beside him smiling back dryly to Minzy. The rest are too clueless to notice anything. Jiyong noticed their brief interaction and glance back at Minzy ‘she knows.’ They continue chit chatting after that and teasing each other when finally the manager reminds the girls to get home and have a rest because they have a photoshoot in the morning.

Chaerin offers to pay but Jiyong throws her a look while saying how can a woman pay if there are men present. He takes out his wallet when slowly Manager 678 takes out the company card and walk pass by them to pay for the food. Everyone cheering loudly and the owner just laugh observing their behaviour as they walk out the restaurant. Automatically, Chaerin follows behind her members to enter their vehicle. Jiyong just watch her as she draw closer to their nanny van.

“Aren’t you following me?” Jiyong finally calls out to her.

“Since we are all heading to the same place, I’ll just follow them.” She replied blankly

“Oh..” Jiyong obviously is disappointed and Dara takes notice immediately.

“Chae ah, since you came with him, just follow him, I’m sure Jiyong feels no trouble at all sending you back, right? Besides, we have Yanggeng with us, so he kinda fills the spot” Dara can see Jiyong’s eyes sparkle from a distant and shook her head, giggling. Chaerin knows what she’s doing but since she’s so tired, she just goes along with it and walks towards Jiyong’s car following him from behind.

As they enter, she rest her head and closes  her eyes, Jiyong watch her and knows that she does not have the desire to have small talk. For him, having her beside him is enough, he drives carefully and after a while he turn to his side glancing at Chaerin who is now in a deep sleep. He signals and make his way to the side of the road. He watches diligently at the way she sleeps ‘she must be so tired’. He takes off his jacket and covers her exposed legs. He brushes off the hair covering her bare face and Chaerin twitches her nose slightly which make him smile. With or without make up, she still looks beautiful to him. He sigh.

“Chae, when will I be able to watch you sleep in my arms? You look so lovely even in your sleep. I can't imagine somebody else be with you.  I..... love you” he whispered carefully into her ear. Being so close like this with her is unbearable, he gaze at her small lips tempting him to kiss her. He gets closer and cups her face lightly until he can feel her breath onto his skin, lips almost touching. He just stays at that position for a while with his eyes close. Savouring the moment. “I love you” he whispered once more before getting back into his positon, he takes another glance and sees her still in her deep sleep. He continues driving while holding her hand in his until they arrive below her place, he parks inside so that Chaerin doesn’t have to walk far.

“Chae.. Chae, we’re here” he shakes her shoulder lightly.

“Ermmm, oppa, sorry, I fell asleep” she stretches “Oh, your jacket? I didn’t realize"  she passes them back to Jiyong

"Keep it, with your legs expose like that, you must be cold"

 When did you gave it to me? I must be in deep sleep, aigoo.. Omo! Did I drool?” she wipes her side lip vigorously and Jiyong stops her by grabbing her wrist and chuckles.

“No. But you snore” he smirk

“What?! I did? Did I sound like a pig?”

Jiyong laughs upon hearing that from her. “More like a train. I thought I’m in a train”

Chaerin hit his shoulder and laugh along.

“Oh, before I forgot, did boss say something to you? About anything regarding of Ambush’s fashion show in Singapore?”

“Oh, that, yeah. He told me I can go along because there’s an extra seat. Is it you who make the call?”

“No, Seungho did. Be sure to thank him, but I’m going to Malaysia for the concert before heading to Singapore”

“Yeah, I know. So we’re going separately then.”

“Maybe not. Maybe I’ll join you guys, by the way, can you make special appearance for Malaysia concert?”

“I don’t think so oppa, because we’ll be in Singapore at that time, maybe in Singapore” she winks and his heart melts right away, seeing that cute behaviour of hers. Thinking how different she is on stage and off stage.

“Chaerin ah, you need to stop doing that”

“Doing what?” clueless.

“Nothing, well, go now, or else it’ll be hard for you to wake up in the morning, you sleepy head”

“Tsk, fine.” she turns around ready to leave.

“Just like that?” Jiyong asks and she stops and turns back to him. Chaerin frown and watch him move forward and hug her tightly. Just like in the movies, she swears she hears fluffy music background and there’s a tingling sensation rising up from within. Nevertheless, she hugs him tight and feel him caressing her hair lightly.

“Doesn’t this feels good? I’m giving you my energy, I’ll recharge you Hunchae” Jiyong holds her while enacting ‘The Greatest Love’ trademark scene. Chaerin smile sheepishly and Jiyong surprised himself by saying something so corny, finally, they parted. Chaerin quickly hides her smile and make a face.

“Oppa, so corny” she cringed.

“I think so too, now go before I say something weird again” he’s embarrassed.

“Haha, bye oppa, drive safe. Text me later so I know you’re home safe”

“Okay”

Chaerin gets off and wave happily to Jiyong and enters the building, Jiyong watch until she fade away. Both feeling happy and content. Chaerin march to her dorm and seeing that it’s dark in the living room, Dara must have fallen asleep, she finds her way to the kitchen to drink a glass of water and enters her bedroom. She changes to her pj’s, go freshen up a little bit then she lays to the side staring at her phone waiting for his text.

Jiyong drive back home with a silly grin on his face “If people saw me like this, they might think I’m crazy. This is all your fault Chae” he shakes his head and turn on his music player. ‘Moves Like Jagger’ by Maroon 5 is playing. He sing his heart out and move his body according to the song and finally arrived.

To: Chaerin

2.02a.m: I’m home

To: Jiyong Oppa

2.03a.m: K

Aigoo this girl -_-“

Jiyong is so used to that now, he walks up to his apartment and strip himself, he wears only a boxer and goes to the bathroom to freshen up. He throws his towel on the computer’s chair and jump on his bed. He stares at G-Bob and smiles until he slowly closes his eyes. On the other side, Chaerin puts her phone beside C-Cat and also stares at it until she falls asleep.

Unclear of where this may go, tonight they will just acknowledge what they are feeling right now.

 


Me again... lol. Wow, I've been updating you guys everyday huh? happy???? Lol... I might be busy after this, and maybe updates 2,3 days apart, :(

i know.. Uni thingy, blerghhh~ hope you guys will be patiently waiting okay? I will also work hard myself  \ (^_^) / have a nice day everyone!!!!!!

p/s: This chapter i just want our skydragon couple to admit to themselves that they are in love with each other. Are you frustrated because they haven't confess yet?? Haha me too!!!! Urgh, I'm still ploting. I'm tracing back their activities fro way before. This might be a long one haha.. 

Spoiler alert: There is another man and woman. Haha. You probably would've guessed it. wait for it~~~~ Sayonara~~~