Close-knit 2ne1

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

 

It's off day. All the girls decided to hang out together today since they hardly spend quality time together due to their busy schedule. All they ever did when meeting up were practice..practice.. and practice and after that they will go back to their dorm and sometimes to their parent's house for a rest. Not that they ever complain about the hectic lifestyle running here and there, they are very thankful given the opportunity to be a part of among one of the 3 Giant entertainment companies in Korea, YG Entertainment.

At CL's and Dara's dorm

Chaerin snuggle with her blanket and rillakuma while reading "The Notebook" on their L shaped couch in the living room. Sometimes she laugh but most of the time her expression becomes gloomy especially at the part where the main character loses her memory.

"Urgh! It's frustrating!" she blurted out and closes the book and throw it on the table. She pulls her blanket up to her chest, she feels cold. She looks outside their wide opened sliding door and watch the slightly dark sky wondering if it's going to rain later in the evening.

"Yah, what's wrong?" Dara now turning her head to Chaerin a bit startled by her behavior just now. She is sitting beside her with her laptop scrolling and updating on her social network. Tweeting, updating her me2day and uploading some pictures of her and the girls,2ne1. She figure she needs to keep on updating about their activity so that their fans will be keep on loop about what's going on although they haven't produce any new single lately. Indeed, the queen of social media.

"oh, sorry, did i startled you there unnie?"  "A little bit, why? What's wrong?"

Chaerin shift her position towards Dara, "Hmm, nothing, i'm just frustrated while reading the book. Why is life so complicated? Why must the woman lose her memory? I don't want to read it anymore" she pouted and look at Dara whom is now looking at her and putting away her laptop.

"Charin-ah.. It's just a book" Dara roll her eyes. Chaerin laugh a little and Dara continues "and you know what? Life is like that. It tends to be complicated. One minute you are in cloud nine and the next thing you know, you're in a sinking hole. If everything is easy and doesn't challenge you, how can you grow up and be a better version of you? Afterall, you are one of the toughest girl i have ever known, there's nothing you can't face, leader of 2ne1" Dara finish off her sentence while doing the 2ne1 sign with a fierce face.

"Oh my gawd unnie, you talked too much i almost doze off" Chaerin said jokingly. 

"Fine then, don't talk to me. I don't wanna friend you for 5 minutes" Dara turn to the other side showing her back to Chaerin. 

"Aigooo~ someone is mad. Should i tickle her? Or should we play pillow fight!!" finishing off her sentence, Chaerin swing her Rillakuma at Dara playfully and Dara whom now facing her trying to block the attack, the two girls are now standing on the couch face to face, Chaerin with her Rillakuma and Dara with the couch's pillow, both are attacking each other playfully while jumping and laughing. 

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong

Both girls stop and look at each other. Chaerin run towards the door and look at the screen to see who is at the door. She opened up "Yah, you both know the security password and yet you ring the door bell" She said that to Park Bom and Minzy whom are now inside their dorm. 

"Haha, we wanted you guys to open up the door for us.. Omo!! what happened here?" Bom looking at Chaerin and Dara. All of them turn to the pillow fight scene, Chaerin's blanket is on the floor, the couch has moved back, the book is now on the floor and the table shifted a little bit.

"The old lady wanted to play pillow fight" Chaerin put both of her hands on Bom's and Minzy's shoulder and smile cutely looking at Dara's changing expression to a squinting eyes.

"Yah! Lee Chaerin! who are you calling old lady? Come here you" she started running towards Chaerin and started chasing her. Chaerin by sticking out her tounge while circling Bom and Minzy. 

"Look at these unnies started to play without us, lets leave Bommie unnie, we are not needed here" Minzy pout her lips and right after she said that both Chaerin and Dara look at each other and trap Bom and Minzy in the middle by holding their hands. 

"Oh, you girls are not going anywhere" Dara said and grab the pillow couch once again and start hitting them playfully. With that, all of them each grab a pillow except for Chaerin grabbing her Rillakuma and start attacking and chasing each other. 

"2ne1!! Nolza!!" Chaerin scream while laughing and hitting them playfully.

Finally, when the girls are tired from playing, all of them sit on the couch, panting.

"I'm too old, i'm running out of breath"  Bom said while laying her head on Chaerin's shoulder. 

"Unnie, you're not old. You are ermmm.. a mature lady who acts like a child sometimes" Chaerin said making all of them laugh and suddenly Dara said "You know, i'm so thankful to be included in this group together with all of you, I could not imagine me in a group with different girls"  they look at Dara and saw her tears starts to develop.

"Aigoo unnie, it's not just you. All of us feel the same way" Minzy said while hugging her shoulder consoling Dara and all of them started to hold each other. 

"Not me, I consider you all as lucky to have me in this group" said Bom jokingly to lighten up the mood causing them to laugh and .

They joke, talk and tease each other for sometime until finally Minzy blurted out that she is hungry "Omo, it's almost 4pm. No wonder i feel so hungry"

"oh, I thought i heard an earthquake, it's your stomach right Mingki ah" Chaerin said jokingly to her dongseng while rubbing Minzy's stomach and immediately cause everyone to laugh. "Alright everyone, i'll make us food." Chaerin said while standing up.  Everyone cheer after heearing that and Minzy starts cleaning the messy living room together with Bom and Dara. 

"Oh, that reminds me, you don't have any plans with Jiyong or the rest?" Bom look at Chaerin whom are busy prepping the ingredients for spicy chicken stew. She really admire Chaerin's personality on and off stage. It's not just her, the rest feel the same way, she's so fierce on stage, her persona and her vibe differ to when she is offstage, still very independant and strong but she also have this side of her that amaze them such as her skill in the kitchen, creativity and of course her bubbly and cute personality. 

"Oh, nope. Don't have any. Well actually, Jiyong oppa wants to hang out tonight but i told him i wanted to spend time with my favorite girls tonight, so, yeah."

"Nawh, Chaerin unnie love us more than Jiyong oppa, hahaha" Minzy said while sitting on the couch browsing the web through her phone. Chaerin just throw her a smirk and continue preparing the meal. 

"By the way, have you browse the net lately Chaerin unnie? It seems like the Skydragon thingy have become more and more popular. Not only that, Daragon also have become very popular" Minzy said while showing the links towards website that is dedicated towards Daragon and Skydragon to both Bom and Dara in the living room. 

"Aigoo, i never look at the Dragon that way, as much as i love younger man, i look at him only as a little brother. Don't worry CL-roo, i'm not gonna steal him away from you" what have been said by Dara caused Bom and Minzy to cheer loudly as if they are approving of Jiyong to be with Chaerin.

Chaerin watch her team members as they keep on teasing her "What on earth are you girls talking about. Yah, unnies, Minzy, that's just how the internet works, they create something out of coincidence and they make believe. I'm sorry to dissapoint you girls, but that will never happen between me and Jiyong oppa, I'm just his little sister" Chaerin feel a little bit sour after saying the last sentence, somehow it feels like she wants something more than 'just his little sister'. 

"Omo, how do you know? Did you confess to Jiyong already?" said Bom playfully to Chaerin as she walks towards her to the kitchen. Now, everyone is in the kitchen, Minzy sitting on the counter and Dara setting up the table. "Confess?? What confess unnie, I just know."

"Yah Chaerin ah, it's only confirm if you heard it from Jiyong's mouth okay?" Dara said while arranging the plates on the table. 

"So? Chaerin unnie, you have feelings for Jiyong oppa?" the question cause Dara, Bom and Minzy to look at Chaerin. Everyone stop what they were doing and concentrate to what Chaerin's next word is. Chaerin remain silent for awhile when she realized everyone is looking at her 

"Omo, i almost burn to dust with your stares, quit it. Meal is ready and why the hell are we talking about this. Let's eat girls." Everyone let out a big sigh and make way to the table. Chaerin scoop out the spicy chicken stew in a bowl and place it on the table then she goes back to the kitchen preparing side dishes as she know that alone won't be enough for Bom. After everything is settle she takes place beside Minzy.

"Wahh~ everything look so delicious Chaerin! Thank you for the meal. If we don't have you, all of us would have starve to death" Bom said exaggerating and trying to show her gratitude towards Chaerin. 

"Aigoo unnie, you are just saying that because you want me to cook again next time right?" she replied with a wide grin and they start eating. 

"Seriously, Chae-ah, if Jiyong doesn't want you, i'm gonna wife you, this is so delicious!!" Bom said causing Minzy and Dara to nod in agreement. 

"Yah this unnie, if you don't stop talking about that, you're not getting any of the corn bread pudding that Dara unnie and I made earlier today" Chaerin said hoping that Bom would stop talking about Jiyong.

She doesn't know why, lately hearing his name, being near to him, spending time with him makes her heart flutter. She wants to ignore the feeling so bad. She knows the meaning of it but she doesn't want to acknowledge it yet. She is just happy with what she and Jiyong have now. Their relationship, the closeness, she doesn't want to lose it. That is why she avoid talking about it, it only makes the feelings grow stonger and she's afraid of what might happen if she acknowledge the fact that her feeling towards Jiyong have change from close friend or siblings love (as what the media have classified them) to something more. 

"Well then, i will eat my food quitely" Bom said and they continue eating while chit chating about what's the hottest trend right now, fashion, movies, new rookie in town and boys.

Dara couldn't help but notice the change in Chaerin's behavior at the mention of Jiyong's name. She notices lately when Jiyong is with them visitting while they are practicing, Chaerin become vibrant and she can sense that Chaerin feels happy and content just by the way they look at each other. There is something that can't be explained. She knew what it is. Dara just smile and think to her self 'babo, Chaerin ah, i can see right through you' . Jiyong and Chaerin. Those two are really compatible with each other, seeing them talk, it feels like two people who are absorbed with each other talking about almost anything and it is also no different when they are not seeing eye to eye on a certain topic, if one feel that what they say is right and the other party is wrong, they have no problem arguing about it like the other day when they are preparing for YG Family concert, it took two days for them to settle a simple dance move because of the leaders disagreement. Dara is sure that Chaerin have feelings for Jiyong and vice versa. It's just that, it feels like they are restraining themselves to develop that feeling and she can see that it's hurting both party. Bom and Minzy as well have came up to Dara asking about the same thing. They knew there is something, but they just going to let time do it's thing.

Dara let out a big sigh ""What's wrong unnie? You don't like the taste? and i realized you haven't really eat anything" Charin asked showing concern towards Dara.

"No no no! It's really delicious, I'm just sighing because I know there will be no corn bread pudding left for us if Bom gets her hands on it first" she said while poking Bom on her waist playfully.

"Yah yah.. good then you know. Hands off my pudiing girls."

"Unnieeeee~~~if you eat all of that, you will be running on the threadmill non stop for three years. I'll take your picture and post it on instagram and hope that Hwangssabu will see your picture" Minzy said trying to blackmail Bom. She knows Bom is not serious. She just wants to play along with Dara.

"Yah Gong Mingki, i thought among all of us three, you love me the most? Guess i'm wrong about it huh? You just sleep here tonight, don't follow me back to the dorm" pouting her lips, Bom continue eating and ignoring Minzy's apology towards her. They all just smile at Bom's behaviour. They love to tease Bom when it comes to food because it is no secret that Bom love food as much as she love a person, maybe more.

As the day went by, they are still sitting at the dinner table joking and teasing each other. All of them are just happy to spend this much time with each other. There are rumours saying that they stop talking to each other after the camera was closed during 2ne1TV, but everybody whom are close with this group know that the rumours are nonsense. They have been together for years trying to achieve their dreams and now that they have set their name and known globally, their behavior are still the same and they become much closer to each other.

"Woah, it's almost half past seven!" Dara, while looking at the clock on the wall.

"Well, since our beloved baby Rin cooked us meal, it's only best if Minzy clean up the table and you Dara wash the dishes"

"and what exactly are you going to do Bom?" asked Dara. 

"I'm going to sit on the couch and cuddle with baby Rin while watching the tv. Thank you for your hard work, girls" Bom said and bowing 90 degrees to Minzy and Dara. 

"Wow unnie, seriously? I'm going to throw away all your corn at home" Minzy said while giving away unsatisfied look to Bom. 

"See!!!!!! I know you doesn't love me. All this talk about 'bom unnie you are my favorite among all of the unnies' are lies right Mingki? I was just joking and you show the real you almost instantly" there she goes again with her dramatic antics while impersonating Minzy. 

"Omoooooo unnie, why are you like this? you are like a snake. Sneaky and sly." Minzy said causing them to laugh.

Chaerin stares at her members one by one. She smile. Seriously, if an outsider decided to hang out with them for a day, he or she might be shocked on how they are conversing with each other. They are so comfortable with each other and they can even call names. That is because three of them have lived out of Korea, and because of that, they have experienced different type of cultures that mold them to be open minded and carefree. It pretty much influenced their outlook on certain matter but still very much in touch with the Korean culture as well.

Chaerin make her way to the living room letting them to settle on their own, she sits on the couch and look outside the sliding door. It's raining. She realized soon after, she haven't check her handphone since the afternoon, she goes to her bedroom to take her handphone and find her way back to the couch in the living room. 

11 missed calls. 9 messages.

She gasped. 1 missed call from YG, 1 missed call from Teddy and 9 missed calls from Jiyong. 'I'm dead' she thought to herself. No, not that she missed the call from YG or Teddy, it's the missed calls from Jiyong that worries her. Then she check the messages.

From: YG Sajangnim

Chaerin ah, i called but you didn't answer, guess you girls are enjoying yourselves, good. I just wanna remind you that practice is at 8a.m tomorrow, don't be late and rest early. 

Chaerin rolled her eyes. 'Aigoo papa YG, with your text, you almost kill my mood of having fun'

From: Lee Hi

Unnie, thank you for the chocolate you gave me. I eat it well. <3 <3

'Cute little dongseng' she smiled.

From: Jiyong Oppa

1.15p.m: What are you doing? Don't forget to eat lunch.

1.37p.m: I'm at the studio with Teddy hyung, come by if you are free. You are free right? It's your off day, right?

3.31p.m: I'm texting with the wind -_-"

3.54p.m: Yah, it's dark outside, i think it's going to rain, don't go and play outside. You must be enjoying yourselves with the girls right? You are ignoring me -____-" Teddy hyung called you just now and you are not picking up. You are not picking up mine also. Hmm.. I'm starting to get worried. Chae-ah, are you ok?

5.31p.m: I finished work at studio, yah~~ where are you? I called the girls and they are not picking up as well, Don't try and do something illegal okay? Call me immediately after you see this text.  

6.01p.m: Yah! Lee Chaerin! Seriously??

7.28p.m: Just saw Dara noona's update on twitter. Are you with them? Why does she post a picture without you? Where are you exactly?

'Omo omo omo'

"Girls, didn't you get a call from Jiyong oppa? and Dara unnie, what picture did you post on twitter?"  the three girls now make their way to the living room and sit on the couch. 

"Yeah, i gt a missed call from Jiyong. Oh, i posted a picture of us three washing dishes in the kitchen, why?" before she could answer Dara, Minzy said "I got a text from oppa asking our whereabouts but if forgot to text him back, omo! is he angry?" "Well, i left my phone at our dorm" Bom said. 

"I think Jiyong oppa is frustrated now" Chaerin shows the messages she recieved from Jiyong to the girls.

"Oh my gawd~ this boy sounded like a controlling boyfriend. He must be really frustrated because his having a hard time to communicate with his HunChae" Dara teases Chaerin and everyone saw her face turning red. 

"It's not that unnie!"

"Baby Rin, he could've called the rest of us here but he didn't. You know why? Because he doesn't want to be so obvious to us that he is looking for you. It must be frustrated to him"  Dara continues causing Bom and Minzy to laugh.

She feels her face getting hot. She's frustrated but she feels a little bit content with what Dara have said. Tired of asking them to stop, Chaerin excuses herself to call Jiyong which only cause them to more. She ignored them and went to her bedroom for a quieter place. She lies on her chest on her bed and starts to press the no.3 for speed dial. 1 is his dad and 2 is YG.

Dialling Jiyong Oppa....

After two rings..

"YAH! LEE CHAERIN! WHERE ARE YOU?!"  She knew he was going to shout. She places the phone far away from her ears.

"Aigoo oppa, do you need to shout?"

"Yah! I've been texting and calling you whole day but you ignore me all along, where are you??"

"I'm with the girls oppa, I'm sorry, i left my phone charging in my room and i forgot to check it, we were chit chatting and didn't realize that it's already dark outside"  

"Don't lie to me, i saw Dara noona's picture that she posted on twitter. You are not in the picture"

"Omo, they were washing dishes and i'm at the living room, that's why i'm not in the picture"

"Why are they washing dishes and you are in the living room?"

'Oh my gawd this oppa, why is everything have to be explain in a detail' Feeling a bit frustrated she answered "Yah oppa, i'm the one who cooked and they decided among themselves to do the dishes, and why do i feel like i'm talking to an inspector?" She rolls her eyes.

"So you cooked for them? When are you going to cook for me?"

"Why do i need to cook for you? besides, i already made kimbab the other day for everyone including you. So, that counts right?" she teases him

"Yah, that's not a special gesture. I want you to cook for me alone. I don't wanna share food you make with anybody else."

"Woah, what make u that special?"

"So....i'm nobody to you Chaerin?"

Chaerin taken aback by Jiyong's word.

"Erm oppa, why so serious? I'll cook for you next time okay?"

Chaerin didn't know how to react and doesn't want the atmosphere to become awkward.

"Promise."

"Yes oppa, i promise."

"By the way Chae-ah, don't do this again, don't ignore my calls and text. It's frustrating to not know what you're doing.. you got me worried sick" 

This is it. When he says things like this, it makes her heart beats faster. Chaerin closed her eyes.

"Sorry oppa~but oppa, you know you could just call the other girls repeatedly. Why don't you?"

There's a silent for a moment. Chaerin waited, anxiously waiting for his reply.

"Well,erm.. I.... I didn't want to bother the rest"

*dissapointed*

"Hmm, that's it huh? That's the reason?" 

"Yah, what's with the tone? Anyways..rest well, and don't go out and play under the rain, I don't want you to get sick like last time. Remember, rest early, i know you girls have practice tomorrow right?"

........

"Hello? Chae ah? Are you there? Hello?"

*sigh* "Yes oppa, gosh you sounded like the boss and stop worrying about me and stop treating me like a child oppa, i've grown up oppa. I can take care of myself"

"Hmm, what's wrong with you? Did I say something wrong? I'm just worried about you"

"Yeah, like a big brother worrying about his little sister, i get it." Chaerin just feel so frustrated and she don't know why she said that.

"Chae-ah...."

"Hmm... i'm tired oppa, playing with the girls all day, i need a rest. Bye"

"Chae-ah... I..."

"It's okay oppa, i understand, bye"

Not wanting to continue the conversation, Chaerin end it. She throw away the phone to the side and lie backflat on her bed. Staring at the ceiling. She felt her eyes getting hot and tears starts to develop and not long after that, it rolls down her cheek. 'Babo, don't expect too much Chaerin ah...' she thought to herself, she wipe her tears, let out a big sigh and make her way back to the living room.

"So? Did he screams in your ear? Did he unleash the dragon unnie?" asked Minzy followed suit by Bom immitating a Dragon's roar.

"That exactly what happened" and follow suit Bom to immitate a dragon causing everyone to laugh. Little did they know, Chaerin was hurting inside.

The day went a little bit peaceful after that, they start to talk about more serious matter like their dreams, how they want to spend their lives in the future while eating the corn bread pudding and sipping on hot chocolate. After that they just continue watching variety show together and when it's almost 11p.m Bom and Minzy decided to go back to their dorm. After hugging and saying goodbyes to each other, Bom and Minzy go back to their pad. Which left Dara and Chaerin in the living room.

"Chaerin ah, are you okay? Was the phone call with Jiyong went well? I realized your mood change slightly after that."

"I'm okay unnie, i'm just tired" she smile.

"Okay if you say so, anyways.. I'm going to bed. Oh before that, if you need to talk about anything, you can always let it out okay? You don't have to act tough everytime. You are just human and more over you are a girl, with emotions. So, if you want to talk we are here for you okay?" Dara smile and she hope that Chaerin would share her problems. Chaerin is always the one who listens to their problems and rarely talks about hers and she's concern as her big sister. She knows there is something happen just now but knowing Chaerin, she probably would just keep it to herself.

Chaerin chuckles "Unnie, seriously.. I'm fine. Thank you though, for your concern, good night unnie and sleep well"  she smile.

Dara let out a sigh and smile back to Chaerin and make her way to her bedroom. After Dara is gone, Chaerin decided to check all the doors and windows to make sure that they are locked and clean up a little bit before she went to bed. She grabbed the novel on the table and look at it. She sigh and walk slowly to her bedroom. closing the door behind her and go straight to her bed. She grab her phone.

1 new mesage

From: Jiyong Oppa

Chaerin ah, sorry... Rest well and good night.

Chaerin stares at the screen...long...

She felt her eyes become blurry. She closes them and let the tears flow and wet her pillow. She doesn't now how to describe her feelings right now. All she knows is that, she is starting to look at Kwon Jiyong as more than just her close friend or 'brother' and it scares her.