One Shot! Make it two..

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

“Kiko”

Chaerin clearly heard Jiyong speaks in a low voice. Her heart sank immediately and everybody just froze with what they see in sight. Everybody knows the history behind Jiyong and Kiko. Who doesn’t? They started off in 2009 and made quite a buzz. Everybody starts to question whether they are in a relationship even YG himself called Jiyong to his office for confirmation. Jiyong told YG the same thing he told Chaerin when the rumours surfaced telling that they are nothing more than just friends for benefit but it ended in 2011. They’ve contacted each other since, but remain truly as friends. Not more than that. Or so he says. Bom who realize the change on Chaerin’s face immediately grabs her hands and hold it tight. Chaerin takes a deep breath and release Bom’s hand lightly and makes her way to Yulia and Kiko.

“No, you’re not. Perfect timing” she fakes a smile and hugs both of them. Dara and Minzy stood there having no clue on what to do next and slowly the atmosphere is getting normal. Jiyong just stood there, staring in disbelief what he sees in front of his eye. He reached into his pocket and holds the box that he supposedly gives Chaerin tonight. ‘Why does it have to be tonight? This is supposed to be a night to remember’. He glance at Youngbae who is looking at him while raising his eyebrow as indication to ask him whether he knows Kiko is coming ang Jiyong just shrug his shoulder. Youngbae knows of Jiyong plan for tonight and he’s sure that it will not be happening tonight. He walks towards him and pat his shoulder. Dara just stare at the images she is seeing in front of her eyes. Chaerin is smiling while linking arms with Kiko and Yulia bringing them to meet everyone in the room. It’s like nothing happen. She doesn’t seem surprised or sad or whatsoever. How can she still fake a smile when there is another woman in the room who had slept with the man that you have feelings for?

Finally, Chaerin, Yulia and Kiko arrived in front of Jiyong.

“Hi Ji” Kiko said and hug him tightly, Chaerin look elsewhere smiling at the other guests. She couldn’t bear looking at their intimacy.

“Hi, what are you doing here?” he replies back coldly.

“Woah, just 2 seconds and you already made me feel unwanted”

“No, I mean…”

“I know, silly” she chuckles “I came with Yulia, I have some business down here and I heard that Chaerin is having a party, so…here I am” she says brightly and links her arms to his. Jiyong look uncomfortable in that position and Youngbae took notice. He clears his throat, drink his wine and glance at Chaerin who is smiling.

“By the way, you know I was coming, I told you the other day when we were video calling, old man!” she hits Jiyong’s shoulder and Jiyong immediately turn to look at Chaerin but she is looking elsewhere making eye contact with others. ‘, did she heard?’

‘They’re still close huh? So, he probably video call with anyone, huh? To think that I am special, what was I thinking? Chaerin, you’re such a funny girl. All that compliments he gave you, he probably said the same thing to other women also’ she sips on her drink and pretended she didn’t heard it.

“You miss me? Cause I sure do…” she gaze Jiyong in the eyes.

Chaerin unable to contain her feelings anymore leaves with a smile on her face hiding her broken heart. She goes straight to Bom and Minzy who is watching with sorrow eyes.

“Unnie…” she holds Bom’s hands still smiling. Minzy who is beside Bom pretend to smile to avoid suspicion if anybody is watching them.

“Unnie…” she mumbles again. Chaerin feels like her heart going to explode soon her voice cracked.

“Chaerin-ah…” Bom grabs her hand and lead her to sit. If she could, she would bring her far from here but it would raise questions.

Chaerin takes a deep breath, closing her eyes. “It’s okay, everything’s fine” she said to herself and let go of Bom’s hands. She calm herself and stood up. She puts up a bright smile and walk towards Dara.

“Everyone, excuse me.” Everybody turn their attention to Chaerin

“Sorry for taking your time but I was supposed to deliver a speech just now before Yulia and Kiko came. By the way, welcome you two” she said and smile with her eye smile.

Jiyong watched. He knows something is off. He knows that Chaerin is affected by Kiko’s presence but’s she too good at hiding it. He remembers when he told her about his relationship with Kiko to Chaerin, her expression change. He remembers clearly how Chaerin scold her that woman should be treated with respect and he should end this nonsense. She also states that she’s not fond of Kiko for being so easy like that.

So what’s with the fake act Chaerin?’

“So, as I were saying, though this might be too much giving away speech and such but I don’t wanna hurt her feelings because she have done all this” she put her hands on Dara shoulder and giggles and all the people in the room giggles together except for Jiyong, Youngbae and her members. Dara have mixed emotions right now. She doesn’t know how to react but seeing how Chaerin hides her emotion, she also does the same and smile.

“First and foremost, I just wanna thank Teddy oppa, for helping me out throughout this song and to the sunbaenims who were there to support me. My girls, for being there as my backbone, Youngbae oppa, Seungri, Daesung oppa and TOP oppa for your guidance and advice, Yanggeng for being the awesome stylist, Our unnies (makeup artist) for making me look gorgeous, Ssabunim!!! For the stamina, of course Manager 678 who is always on the go taking care of 4 girls with different character that drive him crazy sometimes and last but not least to Jiyong oppa…..” she is staring Jiyong in the eye and couldn’t help but notice that Kiko is still holding Jiyong arm, she chokes unable to continue.

“….Thank you for everything, now enjoy!!” she finally blurted out and claps her hand followed by the rest. Everyone cheering ‘Nappeun Gizibe’ and she raise her glass and drink up one shot. Jiyong widened his eyes. She reach for another glass and drink up one more time until finally when she wants to reach for the third glass, Dara stops her.

“That’s enough for now Chaerin ah…”  she says while letting out awkward laugh.

“I’m having so much fun everyone!!!! Thank you for coming!!” she yells and get back to her members, Dara assist her by holding her waist. No, she’s not drunk yet, but Dara knows she needs support.   

“Excuse me” Jiyong release his arm abruptly from Kiko and approach Chaerin who is with Dara, Bom and Minzy. She is putting up a tough act smiling with the girls even though it’s hurting inside. Minzy saw Jiyong is coming and signal the girls.

“Chae, may I talk to you for a sec”

“About what?” she asked with a smile on her face.

He turn to look at the rest with their weird expression, they look like they are trying to hide something. No, actually they look like they are protecting Chaerin, especially Bom, staring him with those eyes that he couldn’t interpret.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m ecstatic! Never been better… everyone is here celebrating me, even Yulia and your "special friend".. Kiko is here. What could possibly go wrong?” she smiles being sarcastic. Minzy rubs her shoulder to calm her down. Bom and Dara exchange looks.

“Chae-ah…”

“What do you want to talk about?” she cuts him off. Jiyong bite his lip trying to be calm.  

“About something that I would like to discuss with you only”

“Is it work related or what?” showing no concern. ‘I’m not interested, just get out of my face!’ of course it’s only in her head.

“No...”

“Umm…. Then, I’m not interested” everybody look at her and she grab Bom's drink and continues sipping while turning her back on Jiyong and makes conversation with Bom who is as surprised as Jiyong but just goes with the flow. Minzy just let out a smile to comfort him and shrugged her shoulder.

Jiyong grab her hand “Chae-ah…” hearing that pleading voice and his gentle hands grabbing her arm makes Chaerin’s heart waver, ‘No! You cannot give in to that!’

“Excuse me, but I’m going to the toilet” she slide his hand and walk pass by Jiyong followed by Bom and Dara. When Minzy is about to make her way, Jiyong grab her hand and stop her. She stops and starts looking around if people are watching them. She doesn’t want the rest to feel suspicious and luckily everyone is occupied with themselves.

“Oppa..”

“You know something don’t you?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I’m talking about Minji” he stares deeply into her eyes, asking for understanding.

She let out a sigh. It’s clear to Minzy, Jiyong needs assurance from her about Chaerin’s feelings but she doesn’t feel like Chaerin will be glad if Jiyong knows about her feelings now. With Kiko here, it changes everything. Just when she’s about to say anything, Kiko appears beside him.

“What are you talking about here?” she said and smile towards Minzy and Jiyong.

“Nothing, excuse me” she smile politely to Kiko and leave them.

Jiyong feeling frustrated, stares at Kiko and leave her, straight away making his way towards his gang. Kiko is standing there puzzled by his behaviour and looking around for company before finally moving beside TOP to join their conversation.

 

In the toilet

Minzy arrived in the washroom and sees Bom and Dara are standing there in silence watching Chaerin who is staring down the sink in front of the wide mirror. Her hands are grabbing the sink tightly. Minzy quickly lock the door behind her and move forward between Dara and Bom. Chaerin’s shoulder is shaking. She’s trying hard to control her tears from rolling down her cheeks. The three just exchange looks. Being the oldest, Bom makes her way to Chaerin and pat her back lightly. Then it comes. Her tears. She turns and hugs Bom, tight. Bom embrace her into her hug feeling sorry for what is happening right now. Chaerin’s closed her eyes tight wanting her tears to stop but it rolls down faster. She is now sobbing on Bom’s shoulder. Dara and Minzy quickly go there and hold her. Dara got teary eyes and Minzy is caressing Chaerin’s head.

“Please take me home” she says with a cracked voice.

“Don’t worry dear” Bom said and signal Dara to take care of it.

Dara goes back to the party quickly and explain that Chaerin isn’t feeling well slightly overworked and ask for apology because she is going back home.

“Everybody, Chaerin is not feeling well right now. She’s a bit dizzy, maybe because she's too tired and she downed two glasses just now. That silly girl" she rolls her eyes "I’m sending her home. I hope you guys understand, she said sorry she couldn’t say goodbye to all of you.” she explains and Jiyong stands up looking concern. Youngbae seem to notice something and raise his eyebrow but the rest feel sorry for her they don’t feel anything.

“Is she okay? It’s okay, I’ll bring her home… she was slightly overworked today because she has m/v shoot and photoshoot just now, it must be tiring” their manager explains.

“Oh, it’s okay, just stay, I’ll send her off” she smiles.

“Make sure she rest well Dara” Teddy told her.

“I will oppa, don’t worry. She is just disappointed that she couldn’t stay any longer and she apologized to all of you. But you don’t have to go back just yet. It isn’t over yet, so just enjoy each other’s company, will you? I'll be back with the rest after this”

“Tell her not to worry, her health is more important than this” TOP voice out and everybody nods their head in agreement.

Dara excused herself and makes her way to exit the building.

Jiyong rush to Dara as she was about to go downstairs and grab her shoulder.

“Noona, let me send her”

“It’s okay Ji.. let her be, she’s tired”

“But, you don’t understand noona, I… Tonight, I..”

“Save it Ji, don’t worry, go back and enjoy with the rest, please” she said stopping him when he insisted to go down.

“Well, can’t I at least see how she’s doing?”

“She’s need time alone, let her rest for now. Please..” she pleads.

He let out a big sigh watching Dara rush down. He is about to follow when he feel someone grab his shoulder. It’s Youngbae shaking his head stopping Jiyong.

“I ed up” Jiyong says as his eyes met Youngbae’s. “Of all night, why does it have to be tonight? !” and he slamed the rail. Youngbae turn to see if anybody notices and he signal TOP to come to them.

After a while, Jiyong quickly rushed down the stairs followed by Youngbae and TOP still clueless on what’s happening right now. They stand outside of the building and Jiyong is searching for Dara’s car but it’s long gone.

“What happened?” TOP, curious watching Jiyong’s behaviour.

Jiyong’s hand is on his waist “!” he yelled and brush his hair to the back in frustration.

“Can anybody tell me what’s going on?” he stares Youngbae and Jiyong.

“I ed up hyung” Jiyong sigh

“What?”

“I ed up! I’m supposed to confess to Chaerin tonight but Kiko’s here and everything is ed up!”

“What?!” they turn to see Seungri and Daesung are standing there shocked.

There is a moment of silence, the three of them looking at each other not knowing what to say.

“You….like Chaerin?” Finally TOP voice out while waiting for confirmation.

“Yeah, I do… and before you all judge me. What I’m feeling is real, it’s not a game or a joke or whatever that you guys have in mind. I like her and I want her to be mine, period.”

All of them just stood there in silence.

“Let’s get inside before people swarm us” TOP says beginning to notice the people who starts coming towards their direction. They make their way inside and everybody just being quiet.

“Sorry, I snapped back there” Jiyong stop and cover his face with his palm and s turns around.

“It’s okay Ji. It’s just… oh, it's all makes sense now but, wait a minute..... Why the hell is she here?” TOP referring to Kiko.

“Honestly I don’t know. She told me the other day but I didn’t ask why or when”

“Hmm..” TOP still in confusion trying to digest everything that he heard just now.

“Hyung, I didn’t know you, Chaerin….you know” Seungri grab his shoulder. Now he understands why he sanpped back then when he speaks about Chaerin that way. 'Chaerin is off limit' he remembers.

“Well, it’s ruined..”

“Hyung, c’mon. this is not a big deal. Just talk to her, she’ll understand. Besides, it’s not end of the world.” Daesung tried to comfort him and Jiyong nods weakly.

“Easy for you to say Dae” and walk back to the party. He doesn’t feel like partying. All he wants to do right now is to be with her.

The rest exchange look with each other and follow from behind before Jiyong stops in the middle.

“I have to go” he said and runs back down.

He doesn’t care about the party. He doesn’t care about anything.

All he cares about right now is Chaerin.