Teddy Bear Keychain

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

 

SBS Inkigayo

“Lee Chaerin!! Lee Chaerin!! Lee Chaerin!!”

The crowds are getting crazy when Chaerin step on the stage getting ready to perform. She gets into character and working it immediately when the music starts. There were so many juniors gathering behind the stage to see her perform. They are admiring her stage presence and are moving their body with the beats.

“Woah, this is no joke” “CL-sunbaenim really brings the fire” “I wish I can perform just like that” juniors are talking with each other while complementing her.

Kris is there too, with his team mates. He, on the other hand is admiring her personality. It’s like, she have split personality, the person he met yesterday and the person on stage right now is totally different making him anxious to know more about her. ‘there is something about her…’ he is starting to get lost in his own mind when suddenly Luhan nudge him.

“Close your mouth bro”

Kris just look at him annoyed that he disturbed him “She’s interesting to look at”

“Dude, forget it. She’s out of your league.” Luhan .

“What? I just said that she’s interesting as a person, that’s all” Kris being defensive all of a sudden.

“Yeah right, wipe away your drool” he laughs and put his hand on Kris’s shoulder. “She’s coming dude! She’s coming! Put on your game face!” he continues and they can see juniors are giving way for her and her dancers. Chaerin come down from the stage and bow smiling politely towards the junior then she walks in front of Kris and s.

“Oh, hi you guys~ looking forward to see you perform” she smile briefly and walks away to her changing room.

“Yah!! She just said hi to us!” Xiumin is spazzing in front of them.

“You’re embarassing~ stop! Be cool man~” Luhan grab his shoulder trying to control him.

 

Chaerin’s Changing Room

“I made quite a few mistake, I’m sorry guys~~” she said feeling sorry towards her dancer.

“No, you didn’t but you almost broke my jaw just now” Dony said jokingly to Chaerin and she pouts hitting his shoulder.

“Haha, I got too caught up with the character”

Suddenly, her door is opened abruptly and Dara is coming in while blabbering about something.

“Argggghhhhhhh~~~~~~ you already performed?????????? Bommie this is all your fault! Why are you getting ready so late!!” Dara was screaming after she opened the door and behind her is Bom and Minzy.

The girls have arrived and the situation become chaotic. They are arguing about why they are late and Chaerin just look at them one by one laughing at their behaviour.

“Enough~~~~ you guys missed something yesterday and you’ll be soooooo mad at yourself for not coming yesterday. Guess who came?” she asked.

The girls turns their attention towards Chaerin and look at her with anticipation.

“Those dudes from EXO” she smile and turn her back.

“Yahhhhh!!! Spill!!” Bom comes running towards her.

She chuckles “Nothing much, it was awkward. They gave me their CD and we exchange vows…”

“Vowss??????? Did you just said vows??” Dara and Minzy were laughing their heads off.

“I mean bowsssss!!! Yah~~~”

“If you exchange vows, Jiyong will come running from Singapore to kill you” Chaerin laugh along with her members.

Speaking of Jiyong, tomorrow they’ll fly to Singapore. She heard from one of the crew that Jiyong has fallen sick. She is worried and she met with YG to ask permission so that 2NE1 will come as invited performer this time so that Jiyong can have rest in between his concert.

“Wahhh~ I wanna meet EXO too~ I love their songs..” Minzy voice out to her unnies.

“Uhhh~ maknae, are you sure you’re in love with their songs only??” Bom pushing her shoulder lightly with her finger.

“You make everything sounds scandalous unnie~~” says Minzy and Bom makes faces to her.

“Aigooo~~~ let’s get going. We have to prepare for flying to Singapore tomorrow” Chaerin calls out her member after changing her clother to a more casual outfit.

They all walk as a unit and everybody in the hallway can feel the YG force when they pass by them. The juniors who are loitering in the hallway immediately stand up straight to greet them. 2NE1 does the same thing. They bow to their juniors and smile politely to them. Even if they are considered as one of the top groups in Korea, YG never thought his ‘family’ to think of themselves already reaching the top. He always treats them as if they are still a trainer. Scold them, giving advice and compliments them when needed but it rarely happens. Due to this, not only 2NE1, but YG Family have become one of the companies to be reckoned in the industry.

 


 

Chaerin arrive at her apartment feeling exhausted. She’s been spending a lot of time in here than before. She took a shower and makes herself comfortable on the couch. She takes out her phone and starts calling Jiyong but there are no answers. She tries several time before realizing that he might be in practice.

To: Jiyong Oppa

8.12p.m: Just arrived home safe and sound. Today we can go home early oppa ^^ since tomorrow we’ll be flying.. Wait for me!!!

She puts down her phone and smile because tomorrow she’ll be meeting her boyfriend. Even if they are there to work. It’s enough. She really love it how Jiyong is always focused in everything he do and it is also the time where she feels he is really y. Chaerin is looking at her picture she took with Jiyong while giggling when her stomach starts growling.

*kruukkkk

Chaerin holds her stomach. She just realized that she only ate this afternoon. After arguing with herself whether to eat or not to eat, she decided that she will at least take good care of her body after torturing it the whole day. She goes to her room and pick really simple clothing to wear as a disguise for herself and grab her car keys. After getting into the car, she thought of a place to eat where she will not be recognized and immediately she recalls a place where she haven’t been for months. Smiling, she look herself in the rear mirror feeling proud of herself because she’s been disguising herself for so many years and not once caught by any fans. She is wearing her ‘Teacher’s Glass’ to make herself appear as normal as it can be with a hoodie on and of course with no makeup at all.

She drive to a regular restaurant 30 minutes away from her neighbourhood. She always comes here alone before this and she have really good relationship with the owner of the restaurant but they never know that she is a singer. The aunty thought that she is a university student because that what she told them, she didn’t mean to lie, but she really wants to be treated normally sometimes and she can only get it from this restaurant. Tonight she is craving for the foods here since it has been almost 1 year since she last came.

“Aunty~” she said and the aunty squints her eyes trying to figure out who this person that is smiling brightly and then her expression change.

“Aigooo~~~ it’s been so long student!” she slaps her shoulder lightly. The aunty had been calling her ‘student’ since her first encounter because according to her, Faith Lee is hard to pronounce. She introduce herself as Faith Lee, her English name.

“I’m sorry, it has been very busy this few months, but I’m here now!! I can’t wait to eat your delicious food!” she link her arm with the aunty and leads to a table.

“I know you’re gonna come someday. Sit~ I’ll make sure to make you something delicious!” the aunty smile and walks away to the kitchen.

Little did Chaerin know, somebody is observing her behaviour from the moment she enters the restaurant. The person is contemplating whether he is looking at the right person or not and after a while he makes his way to her table.

Chaerin is looking at instagram when she heard someone say her name slowly “CL-sunbaenim?” her eyes widen ‘what the…didn’t I disguise myself well enough?’ and she slowly lift her head up. She saw a figure wearing a hoodie just like her and she has a feeling that he is also in disguise. She tries to identify who is this guy standing in front of her when suddenly he whisper “CD….Inkigayo” and Chaerin snaps her finger.

“Kris? What are you doing here?” she is also shocked at the figure standing in front of him. She quickly put her index finger on her lips and signalling him to sit beside her and he just follows.

“Sunbaenim? It’s really you?” he accidentally raised his voice and few heads turn towards them.

“Shhhhh!! Lower down your voice~” she said and luckily the people continue eating and chatting.

“Sorry, wah.. I never expect to see you here sunbae~” he said.

“Drop the formality…. Call me Chaerin” she whisper then she continues “I also didn’t expect you here, what are you doing in my place?” she said.

“Your place? Is this yours?” he asked looking at the interior.

“I mean, this restaurant. i’m the one who discover it and the only celebrity that have been here for as long as I remember. So it’s my place” she doesn’t even know why she sounded so proud just now and Kris chuckles although he is still trying to absorb what’s happening here. He still can’t believe that he is now sitting together with the person he admires most.

“I…..I always go here alone since i was a trainer” he stutter. Seeing him behaving that way, Chaerin couldn't help but starts to feel like she’s intimidating him.

“Are you like afraid of me or something?” she ask directly and Kris, rather than shocked by her direct personality, he is actually admiring it and feels comfortable with it since he is from the western country so he is used to things like that while actually, he is having a hard time to adapt to the Korean culture.

“Err, no, but…I’m still surprised seeing you here”

“It’s me, deal with it…” she joke trying to soften up the atmosphere a little bit.

“What’s with the student thingy?” Kris ask her starting to be more comfortable.

“Errrrr…..it’s a long story. Here, I am known as a student” she blinks her eyes a few times and makes her signature blowfish pout. Kris almost fell off his chair struck by her cuteness. Now he realized another thing about Chaerin which is she is super cute and can be super y.

“Hellooo~~” she wave her hands in front of Kris

“Oh, sorry sunbae”

“Yah~ Chaerin” she frowns.

“Oh..haha..Chaerin” he continues and keep quiet after that.

“Are you leaving?” she questioned after seeing him keeping quiet.

“Err…. Yeah, I don’t want to disturb you” he said and he want to punch himself by saying that instead of saying ‘can I stay here to stare at you like an idiot?’

“Oh, I was hoping that you can stay. It gets lonely eating alone” she said without any other intention.

“Oh, I CAN STAY…” once again he accidentally raised his voice and Chaerin chuckles while shushing him.

The food arrive in front of them and Chaerin invites him to have meal with her but he refuses saying that he just ate. Without waiting anymore longer Chaerin starts eating. She is so hungry she eats without thinking of her image in front of Kris. He is staring at her eating deliciously on her food and smile. He never sees a girl so carefree like that expecially when it’s a date. well, obviously, this is far from a date but previously, girls will always take good care of their image, wearing makeup even if they go eat supper at midnight, dressing up to the 9’s, eating like a princess, laughing like a princess and even sit like a princess trying hard to impress him but Chaerin is so different. Of course there is difference seeing her with full makeup and no makeup but for him, that doesn’t mean anything. The important thing is the personality. After a while, Chaerin stop and look at Kris.

“What?” she said

He noticed the corner of is smudge by the gravy and without thinking much, he takes out a piece of tissue and wipe it off .

“Wh…what are you doing?” she widened her eyes and look straight to his eyes. She remembers Jiyong suddenly. They act the same way but somehow, Kris’s act feels gentler than Jiyong.

“Oh! I’m so sorry, it’s just that, your mouth is dirty….i uh…. I… without thinking much… Sorry, that was inappropriate” he said now realizing what he have done.

“Oh… it’s okay, but… I can do it myself” she said feeling awkward.

The aunty come to the table after that. “Aigooo~ now I know why you’re busy, student… you already have a boyfriend!” she said while patting her back.

“No no~ he’s not my boyfriend”

“No, she’s my senior..” Kris noticed Chaerin is flustered.

Both are blushing right now but deep down inside of Kris, he wouldn’t mind at all. In fact, he’s feeling a little bit happy by that. Chaerin on the other side doesn’t feel good at all. She feels like she’s cheating on Jiyong and she feels like her appetite is gone.

She quickly stands up and asking for the bill. Kris watch the woman’s behaviour in front of him and follow her from behind. After paying, he walks behind her who is walking quite fast. He jogs to her side and turn to look at her who are now ignoring him.

“Err, I’m sorry for just now. Did I ruin your night?”

Chaerin feels bad suddenly, she shouldn’t over reacted over that. ‘It was nothing’ she calm herself and stop walking.

“It’s not your fault. I over reacted” she scratch her head.

“I’m sorry~” he still feels like he ruined her night.

“Yah~ stop saying sorry~” she slaps his shoulder lightly. Kris feels better by her reaction. He turn around to look at his surrounding and glance back at Chaerin.

“Don’t you feel normal walking down this street? There are no camera, no reporter whatsoever… It feels good right?” he smile brightly. “What makes it better is meeting you here”

“Ya~ me too… it’s refreshing meeting someone not from YG” she chuckles. She feels comfortable talking with him. Now it just feel like normal people talking without any barrier of seniority blocking their interaction.

“Are you going back already?” he braves himself up to ask her that question.

“Kinda~ why?”

“I have a feeling that this is a one-time only thing, can I buy you something?” she is surprised by his guts. This is the first time she have long conversation with a guy outside from YG.

“Huh? Like what?”

“Like I don’t know.. usually I will find something that I can relate to when something memorable happens and this definitely is one” he said while smiling towards her.

Kris starts surveying his surrounding when he saw a store still open. “…and tonight is our lucky night” he signals her to follow him and they arrive to the store. He points to the doll catching machine to Chaerin.

“Seriously?” Chaerin raised her eyebrows. 'how childish can this boy be?' she thought to herself.

“I’m really good at this game, so after two tries I guarantee you, I can get you what you want” he said confidently.

“Oh really? Then get the teddy bear for me” she points out to the smallest item there. It’s a teddybear keychain.

“No problem!” he said.

They starts playing. The first few tries Chaerin didn’t pay much attention but after Kris manage to get a big turtle the size ofher palm, she become interested and join in even giving him coins.

“Yahh!!!! Carefully!!” Chaerin become frustrated at Kris for not be able to get the keychain for her.

“Wait!! This needs to be precise… it’s not helping when you are pulling my sleeves you know?”

They are bickering while playing the machine and finally Kris manage to get the keychain and Chaerin is jumping like a kid.

“It would’ve been faster if you didn’t disturb me earlier” Kris said.

“Yeah right~” she said and starts walking to her car. Kris is watching her from behind seeing how happy she is getting the keychain. They arrive at Chaerin’s car and are facing towards each other.

“Thank you for tonight~ I had fun” she smile showing off her eye smile.

“Me too” he said while contemplating about something.

“Hmm, I’ll get going now” Chaerin is about to enter her vehicle before Kris calls out her name

“Chaerin…. can we…. Be friends?” he ask while looking at her.

Chaerin is thinking in her mind. ‘would it be wrong to be friend with this guy? I feel comfortable with him.. it’s nothing right? What’s the harm?’

“Urm, sure~” she smile “but….you cannot tell a soul that you see me here tonight. I love this place and I always come here. Nobody knows about this place and I intend it to be that way, can you? friend?” she said while holding out her hand. Kris smile and reaches out to shakes her hand.

“Sure, I feel the same way…..and…..one more thing… Can I have your number?” he push his luck. He’s been blessed tonight and he’s been recalling what good deeds he have done for him to be spending this night happily.

She raise her eyebrow “Can…but you have to look for it yourself, goodnight friend!” Chaerin enter her vehicle and left after waving him goodbye. Kris stand there watching her as she goes and smiling like an idiot.

Cherin is glancing at the keychain she received from Kris and smile. ‘I made a new friend, I’m going to tell the girls. They are going to be so excited’ she thought and while she’s driving, suddenly her phone rings. She puts it on speaker.

“Hello” she answered

“Hello Chae, I miss you”

She smiles. That voice. That voice is enough to make her feel high. She couldn’t wait to be in his arm tomorrow.

“Oppa…. Look at the sky, tomorrow I’ll be in your arms… Just wait for me”