Losing Control

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

“Are you sure? You’ll wait for Jiyong?” Bom ask for the last time before they leave to the party.

“Yup, you guys go first okay? Oh and do me a favour, please treat Kris and his friends well for me, I might be late” she turn to her member while fixing her attire in front of the mirror.

"Leave that to me~" Dara playfully winks at her making her shakes her head.

Few minutes later, all of them leave the premise leaving her all alone in their dorm. Chaerin walk to the living room and view the history of her text messages with Jiyong. Since yesterday, there are only two replies from him and she assumed he was busy but it starting to get to her nerves when her calls were ignored by Jiyong. All these years knowing him, he’s never been this way. If he is too busy, he would at least text her telling her about it.

‘Where the hell is he?’ she starts dialling again hoping that he would take her calls. “Damn it” it got rejected again. Frustrated, she starts dialling Seungho’s phone.

“Oppa~” she said, glad that he picked his phone.

“Oh, hey! Where are you? Almost everyone is here” she can hear music blasting in the background.

“Is Jiyong there?” she raised her voice.

“What?? I can’t hear you!!”

“JIYONG…. Is he there??” she raises up her voice again.

“Ohhh~~ nope. I thought he is coming with you? He told me yesterday morning”

“Hmm.. okay then”

“What?!?!” Seungho yelled again making Chaerin rolls her eyes.

“Aigoo~~ BYEEE!!” she chuckles before ending their conversation. After thinking, she start searching for Youngbae’s number and start dialling.

“Hello, Chaerin-ah” he greets her after his phone ring for quite a while.

“Oppa~ where are you? Not going to the party?” she said after noticing the silence. No sounds of music blasting from the background.

“Oh, urm… Sorry, but something came up. Congratulation by the way…”

“Oh~~ thanks….” She sounded a bit disappointed, “By the way, I’m looking for Jiyong oppa, Is he by any chance with you now? I’m worried because he didn’t reply to my text and he rejected my calls” she sounded a bit desperate.

“Hmm… err… no..” Chaerin can sense something weird from the way he reply.

“Oppa?” she ask, anxious about the way he replied her.

“I uh…. I don’t know”

“Oppa~ you’re a terrible liar.” She starts to feel suspicious. ‘are they hiding something?’

“No, really…. I don’t know where he is…”

“Fine. Whatever. Tell him I’ve been texting and calling him in case he didn’t see it. Oh and… tell him if he’s not coming tonight, he’s so dead… and one more thing, tell him that I’m going to have fun with Kris tonight, bye!” she ends the conversation and throw her phone inside her handbag. She knows she sounded childish and immature but she’s pretty sure that it will at least trigger him to call or text her.

 


 

“she said if you don’t come tonight, you’re dead and something about you ignoring her calls and what else… oh… she said, she’ll be having fun with Kris tonight.” Youngbae carefully deliver Chaerin’s message to Jiyong who is sitting beside him. He has been with him since last night discussing a plan on how to settle the ed up situation he is right now. Every time they get an idea, it always end up with another problem.

“Damn it Lee Chaerin!! I’m here feeling miserable, and there you are having fun with another guy!! Damn!! Damn!! Damn!!” Jiyong brushes his hair a few times and let out his frustration.

“Dude, calm down!” Youngbae grab his bestfriend’s arm and force him to lean back.

“kk!!!! I’m going to kill that woman!”

“Who? Chaerin? What’s wrong with you man? It’s not like she’s going to cheat on you or something. You know she’s friend with him right, calm your man… she’s not…”

“I meant the psycho ! Not Chaerin, stupid!” he cut Youngbae’s word before he could finish.

“Riiiiiggghhhhtttt~ sorry, my bad… yeah!! Count me in!” he said and both lean back on the couch.

“God, what have I done in the past that makes you want to punish me this way” Jiyong suddenly mumbles.

“Really? You want me to list down everything?" Youngbae joke trying to ease away Jiyong’s misery.

“Am I supposed to laugh? Because right now I feel like punching you in the face.” He said rolling his eyes at Youngbae. He’s been in frustration since last night.

He barely sleeps in contrast with Youngbae who he can hear snoring from the guest room and apart from that,  he also got writer’s block this morning due to his difficulty to focus on his work. He didn’t reply any of Chaerin’s texts or calls because he is afraid that someone might tap into her phone and record their calls. That’s how paranoid he is. This whole blackmail thing have gotten more serious when he received another text from Haejin this afternoon with a series of picture of Chaerin nothing out of the ordinary but of her entering the nanny van, walking inside YG building which is enough to make him furious knowing that her every move is being watched.

From: Private No

12.52p.m: tick tock time is ticking~

“Youngbae, do you think she’s alone in this? I mean look at all these pictures. I think she hired someone to do the dirty job for her”

“Yup… this is professional work. I think she just try to mess with you with the whole pendrive thing. We need to tell someone.”

“Who? The police? YG? No matter how I see it, it’s complicated man… hmm”

Silence once again enter their surroundings. All they can hear are the sound of Jiyong’s growl and Youngbae’s sigh.

“Dude, you should go.” He said without looking at Youngbae.

“Why? No” Youngbae protest.

“I need someone I can trust to take care of my girl and that someone is you” Jiyong slowly deliver his words and Youngbae can feel how helpless Jiyong feels about himself right now.

“Aishhh.....Alright… You gonna be okay?” he stands up and wear his cap.

“Nope. I can kill someone right now, so you better get going.” He said and let out a dry smile.

“Call me if there’s anything Ji, don’t worry, we’ll figure out something.” He said before walking to the door.

“What if I really have to break up with her” he mumbles and leaning forward with his hands resting on his knees.

“I’m not going to let that happen man.”

Jiyong scoffs trying hard to ignore the reality he is heading to. “By the way, don’t let her mingle too much with Kris.”

“Okay~” Youngbae rolls his eyes.

“Oh, and keep texting me what she is doing, with who she talks and don’t let her dance with men” he put on a serious expression.

“Seriously Ji?” Youngbae ask while tying his shoelace.

“Yeah, dead serious”

“God! You are worse than that psycho” Youngbae teases him.

“Don’t forget to send me pictures!” he yelled when Youngbae close the door behind him.

Jiyong is alone now. He lays down on the couch with his arm on his forehead thinking about the whole thing that had happened yesterday. He still couldn’t believe that something like this could happen in real life and thought to himself, ‘this only happens in a ing movie or drama’. Jokes aside, he really cannot bear the idea of breaking up with Chaerin. She is the best thing that ever happen to him and he will never let go of her just like that. Can he survive without her cheesy texts, that silly arguments about her borrowing his clothes and not giving it back, no more making eye contact in meetings, no more hugs and kisses, no more sneaking up to her place late at night, no more Jiyong and Chaerin. No more.

“No. Not ever” he said and closes his eyes trying to hold his tears from forming up.

 


 

“Finally~” Kris turn to Chaerin who just arrived at the party “It’s so damn awkward here, everybody is like super senior and I don’t know anybody here” he speaks to her ear due to the loud music and he can smell that fruity smell from her hair which he finds very sweet.

“Really? I think you’re the only one who got a problem here” she chuckles pointing at Luhan and Xiumin who is dancing on the dance floor with Minzy and some of the dancers. “Where’s the rest?” she starts looking for the rest of s. She spots Dara hanging out with his brother and DokDok and Bom is surrounded by men around her trying to get her attention. She smiles and shakes her head.

“Oh, they have practice and some of them have other commitments, so I’m stuck with that two monkeys there.” he scratch his head feeling embarrassed of ’s behaviour.

“Let them have fun” she chuckles. “So, have you talk to anyone yet?” she starts leading him to meet with some of her friends and he follows.

"Yeah, with 2NE1 mostly" he said while following her lead.

She introduces him to Seungho, Soohyuk, Seungri, the Kwon twins, some of the dancers and finally to the big guns area which consists of Tablo, Sean, Jinu, Choice, Top and the head of YG Family, YG himself.

“You know Chaerin’s dating ban haven’t been lifted off yet right?” YG speak to Kris’s ear but Chaerin could hear him because she is standing right beside Kris.

“Omooo~~~ sajangnim!” she squeals making YG to even more. “Don’t try to hit on her, you’ll only get hurt” he said and Chaerin quickly pull him to move away from them.

“I almost had a heart attack when you start introducing me to everyone” he can feel their arm is touching and realized how close they are, is making him nervous. Luckily the lighting in the club helps a lot to cover his expression.

“Wait till you meet Jiyong oppa” she says to his ear.

He was about to say something when someone suddenly come in between them and hug her in front of him. He was close to grab the guy by his collar before realizing it is Youngbae.

“Oh, hi sunbae” he said bowing to him showing respect but Youngbae smile and put his arm around his shoulder and Chaerin’s standing in between them. Chaerin stares at Youngbae and pinch his stomach.

“Ouch!!”

“Where is he?” she asked him

“He’s got things to do. He said sorry..”

“That’s it?” she said and Kris noticed her face shows disappointment but pretend he didn't heard anything. “Excuse me” Chaerin release herself from Youngbae and make her way outside of the premise. Kris wants to follow her but Youngbae quickly pull him away and drag him down to the dance floor.

Standing outside of the club, Chaerin takes out her phone and starts dialling for Jiyong.

“Pick up….pick up…..” but none. Her calls are ignored. From frustration, she’s now furious. She starts typing text to Jiyong.

To: Jiyong Oppa

10.38p.m: Are you okay? If you don’t reply to my text, I’m going to assume that you are lying unconsciously somewhere and I will go to your place this instant!

She waits for his reply, 1 minute, two minutes passed and she could not stand it anymore, she was about to call when his name appear on her screen.

“18 missed calls and 10 messages Ji. Nice..” She starts the conversation with a calm but sarcastic speech.

“Sorry” he said slowly.

“Take your sorry, I don’t need it. You better have a good explanation here”

“I’ve been busy…”

“Can’t spare 2 minutes to reply my texts?”

“Hmm…” Jiyong sigh. Chaerin try to make herself calm before she continues to speak.

“Do you need to talk about something?” she said, now concern at him because this is far from his normal self.

“Nothing.. I just… I’m sorry~” biting his lips.

“Can I go there? I can escape this event, I’ll tell Bommie unnie, she’ll know what to do”

“No. Don’t…” he said unable to continue because he can feel the sting in his heart.

“Please~~~ I’ll cook you something~~~” she uses her aegyo. She knows it always work.

“No” he said, coldly

“Hmm… I’ll be there like it or not” she was about to end the conversation before she heard what Jiyong next words.

“Don’t be stupid Chaerin.” Chaerin frowns and look at her phone wondering if it’s really Jiyong who is on the next line.

“What?”

“I said, don’t be stupid”

“What’s wrong with you Ji?”

“I have a bad day and the last thing I need is a clingy girlfriend” he punch the seat next to him after he said those words.

Silence from Chaerin is killing him right now, he knows he hurt her feelings.

“Fine.” Chaerin click end on her screen and let out a big sigh and turn around only to find Kris standing in front of her.

“You want to get out from here?” she stare at him and walk towards her car. Kris follows her from behind and enter her vehicle.

Chaerin starts typing a message.

To: Bombshell, EroMingkki, Wifey

10.43p.m: I’ll be back. Out for a while.

“Let’s go~” she smiles as if nothing happened and drive off from the club. Kris study the woman sitting next to him trying to figure her out. He clearly heard the last part of the conversation where she mention Ji in her conversation. She sounded pissed with that person but there is no way he’s going to dig into her personal life just yet.

“I’m going to burn from your stare” she said making him flustered.

“Oh…errr… sorry…”

“It’s fine” she said strolling down the road as the music on the radio playing as their background and finally stops in front of a 24hour convenience store.

She turn to Kris “Ever done something so dangerous?” she raised her eyebrow.

“You’re scaring me” he replied making Chaerin chuckles.

“Let’s play rock, paper and scissor. Whoever loses will run to that store and buy us icecream” Chaerin grins at Kris with her eyes forming into crescent-like shaped.

‘Cute…cute…cute…cute….pinch her cheeks now!’ that is the only thing in Kris’s head and he nods.

They play 3 rounds of that game and now it’s one point to Chaerin, one point to Kris.

“Argggghhhh~~~~~~~!!!” Chaerin squeal in frustration when she loses “I’m the best at this game you know! I rarely lose” she snap her seatbelt but before she can exit, Kris grab her arm.

”Stay” and he quickly open the car and make his way to the convenience store. Charin stare in disbelief. Flattered by his gesture and immediately directed her thought towards someone. This is something that Jiyong would do for her. When they play a game and she lose, he somehow ends up as the one who will do the punishment.

“Woah, luckily it’s a dude at the counter and he’s not interested on me at all” he said giggling and she just smile at him. “Here” he passed an ice cream to her.

“No, not now. This baby will get dirty” she said and starts driving.

“You’re such a clean freak” he pat her head naturally and despite the awkwardness, Chaerin just let it pass by.

She drives back to the club and park her car. Tonight the club is closed to the public and open exclusively only for YG family and their guests. She leaves her phone in the car and get out to lean back at the rear end of her car and Kris position himself beside her.

“Who are we hiding from?” he whisper jokingly making her slap his chest lightly and starts eating the ice cream.

“Have you ever wanted to live a normal live? Just for one day” Chaerin starts making conversation with him.

“I just started my life as an entertainer” he rolls his eyes and she giggles.

“I have this dream where I want to walk on the street hand in hand with my lover not having to care the stares from people, eating ice cream.. just like this” her voice become slower towards the end and she let out a sigh.

“You’re talking as if you have a lover. Do you?” his heart is beating. ‘say no. please say no.’

Instead, Chaerin just smile at him “Urghh, I’m only talking about me, how about you? Any girlfriend? In Canada? Or China, or Korea?” she chuckles trying to divert their topic to him.

“Nope. Though, I find Korean girls are the most attractive ones” he said while gazing into her eyes.

“Awwhhhh~~ Thanks!” she giggles and take a last bite of her ice cream while Kris still have half of his.

“No, seriously. But I don’t think they are into me” he meant to say ‘but I don’t think you are into me’

“What?? I see your fan girls lurking outside sbs that day and it’s like thousands of them there~” she exaggerated while opening her arms accidentally pushed him making Kris stumble a bit and Chaerin with her fast reflex grab him by his waist. “Wooppss~ sorry..”

Little did Chaerin know, Kris’s heart falls together just now when she grab his waist almost feel like they are hugging.

“It’s okay~” he said hiding his nervousness. This girl never fails to make him flustered.

“Hmm, this is nice..” she said crossing her arms around her chest.

“Yup.. feels like we’re closer now” Kris could not agree more. “Oh, have you been to our place again?”

“Our?” she raised her eyebrow and nod few moments later having a clue of what he meant by ‘our’ “What our? It’s mine and always will be” she said claiming her rights jokingly to Kris.

“Yah~ I’ve been their regular since I was a trainee okay” he take a bite of his ice cream.

“Ohhhh~~~ really?? Well, I never see you there, so it’s not legit”

“Yah~ same here. I never see you there.”

“Why are we even arguing about this?” she laughs and Kris giggles after realizing they are arguing over silly things.

“Let’s just agree that as ours” he said gaining a nod from Chaerin who is now staring at him.

“What? Something on my face?” she’s making him nervous.

“You’re a slow eater” she said looking at his ice cream that is almost finished.

“And.. you are a fast eater” he said and swallow his final bite.

“Let’s go~” she said and walk in front of him towards the entrance. They are teasing and laughing together without realizing someone is giving them a clod stare behind their back.

“Having fun?” the person behind voiced, enough to make Chaerin stops and turn around.

“Oppa…” Jiyong is staring at her with his arms cross. Kris upon seeing the mighty G-Dragon is in front of him quickly bows politely towards Jiyong who only raised his eyebrow at him. Chaerin realized his boyfriend is acting impolite towards his friend and turn to Kris.

“Can you go in first? I’ll be there in a sec” she smiles and Kris nod making his way inside feeling the tension growing between her and Jiyong.

“Looks like you don’t need me here” he smile sarcastically at Chaerin. It was hard for him after their conversation just now and rushed to the club neglecting the problem his facing right now only to find out she’s not in the club. Worried something might happened to her, he wonders around the club, asking her friends of her whereabouts and he even throw a small tantrum to Youngbae for not keeping an eye to her. After that he tried calling her but she’s not picking up. He was about to go to his car to look for her when he sees her entering the driveway with a smile on her face laughing with a man beside her that turns out to be Kris.

“I thought you’re not coming?” she cross her arms.

“So, you decided to mingle with some dude?” he said trying to sound calm.

“We’re just friends and you know it. Stop it with those accusation.” she defends her self only making Jiyong smirk at her respond.

“Right~ friend” he said smiling sarcastically and Chaerin feel a pinch in her heart.

"Please, i'm getting tired of explaining the same thing over and over again" 

"Stop doint it over and over again~" he said nonchalantly. He is dealing with so many emotions in him that it messes up with his action.

“Are you here to make me feel bad?” she said coldly having a hard time to understand her boyfriend’s attitude.

“No, I’m here for you but it looks like you found another way to entertain yourself with another man” the moment he finished saying that, he could see her expression change. Chaerin couldn’t believe what she heard just now and Jiyong regretted almost immediately after saying it to her. He reaches out for her hand.

“Chae..” but she pull away marching to her car without saying anything. As she reach for the handle, he grabs her arm and turned her around facing him but she looks calm to him. No angry expression or sadness shows on her face. Chaerin waited for him to speak but there are no words coming out from his mouth.

She slides his hands off her and enter her vehicle. Jiyong couldn’t afford to see her disappear from his sight and turn his head away from her when Chaerin slowly drive her vehicle away from the Jiyong.

'Everything is officially ed up now.' he thought and throw a kick in the air feeling angry to himself, to Haejin and the situation.