Reasoning

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

“How long have you been standing out here?” Top studied the figure in front of him that is drenched.

Bom is shivering with her arms wrap around her body looking down to the floor. She looks really pathetic in that manner and Top quickly pull her in his apartment.

“God, you’re shivering. How did you get here?” Top is waiting for her answer but she just stood there without saying anything. He sighs and enter his room in a hurry bringing out a clean towel. He begins to wipe the water that is dripping from her hair and watching her expression. He couldn’t interpret how she is feeling but he could sense why she’s here.

Bom shows no indication to speak or move and Top grab her hand and lead her to his bedroom. He switched on the lights and cupped her face.

“Please wash yourself up. If you fall sick, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.”

As he about to exit the room, suddenly Bom hug his waist from behind.

“Don’t leave me.”

Top flinched by her action but keep still. “Don’t leave me” she starts sobbing and loosen up her grip.  She fell on the floor and Top turn only to see the woman who owns his heart are crying in front of him, angry at himself for becoming the reason for this bubbly girl to crumble and look so vulnerable in front of him. He get down on his knees and hug her tightly.

“I would never leave you” his words only resulted on Bom to cry uncontrollably in his embrace. “I’m here, I got you” he said and kiss her head.

They stayed in that position before finally Top have to drag her up to the bathroom and persuade her to wash up. Bom nods and he exited the room after placing clean attire on the bed.

Top make his way to the living room and stare out the window. ‘She’s here. What will happen to us? Will it come down to me?” he sighs and sits on his couch. The rain is pouring down heavily and it only brings back old memories. He was beginning to lost in his own world when Bom enters into the living room wearing his clothes. She looks cute wearing that oversized shirt and that baggy pants on her small figure but the look on her face shoots pain to his heart. She looks so sad, it hurts. Top stands up and move closer to her.

“Hey…”

“Hey..” she replied and smile dryly. “Sorry, I came here. I don’t know what’s gotten into me” she lied. She wanted to despite of the outcome. She wanted to tell him the truth. She wanted to tell him that it was never a mistake what happened between them even though he might forgot about it. Standing under the rain had woke her up to face the reality she’s been avoiding for all these years. Gathering up her will, she enter into a cab and went to his place.

“Don’t worry about it” he caresses her hair.

“I haven’t told you everything. I know I look pathetic right now. Heck, you might even think I’m desperate” she chuckles but he finds no humour in it at all.

“Don’t. Don’t say things like that” he leads her to the couch. After getting comfortable, she swallows and holds herself from tearing up again.

“I um… you’ve got a hold of my heart since I don’t remember when.” She starts and chokes. She bites her lips, not wanting to cry anymore. She doesn’t want his pity, she just want him to listen to what she’s about to say and that’s it. She already knows what his reaction, but she wants to be true to herself only this once.

“It was never a mistake. I was young and I was just about to have my breakthrough in this world when ‘we’ happened. I was afraid. I was afraid of losing something that I longed for at that time which is my career and I said things I shouldn’t say… and…”

Top kisses her stopping her from continuing with her words. That is all he needs to hear. Her honesty. This is what he’s been longing all this while. She was surprised when Top kissed her but everything seems so right. She stay still not sure on how to react while his hand are placed on her back pulling her close to him.

“You have no idea how I longed for those words” he holds her dearly.

“I…I’m confused.. You rejected me..” she search for his eyes wondering if this is just a gesture from him out of pity.

“I didn’t reject you, I just… needed some time to think, I was going to search for you but there you were, standing in front of me” he smiles and gaze into her swollen eyes. “When you cry, I feel like my heart broken into pieces” Bom closes her eyes listening to his every words. She wants to remember this moment clearly in her mind and she felt his kisses on her eyes. She opens her eyes and he is smiling tenderly.

She moves closer brushing her lips on his and move her fingers to his strands of hair which make him tilt his head to the back enjoying the affection. She presses her lips against his and the two starts sharing sweet kisses. Both are now filled with emotions and Top starts kissing her passionately and lay her down on her back carefully not wanting to hurt her. He moves away from her lips to the back of her ear trailing it down to her collar bone. Bom let out a moan and arch her back making space for Top to position his body against hers. She slips her hands into his shirt and enjoy the perfectly sculpted muscle he’s been hiding to the rest of the world and take his shirt off.

“Are you sure?” Top whisper, gazing into her eyes and Bom pull him closer to her to kiss his y lips.

Everything feels like déjà vu all over again for these two with the heavy rain becomes the sound of their background, they are re-enacting back of what had happened few years ago only this time, they meant it.

 


 

To: MyBadGirl

10.05p.m: Congratulation!!!! I’ll make sure to give you wet kisses later.. I’m so immersed with composing just now, forgot to text you back. Baby, it’s raining… it’s gonna be cold tonight. I’m still at the studio…

Chaerin is holding her C-Cat in the other hand and sigh while reading the text. She puts it in her bag since she’s staying  a lot more at her place now, she wants to bring C-Cat together with her.

To: Jiyong Oppa

10.06p.m: Eww~~ dirty~~ Don’t stay up too late. Yes it’s cold and I’m alone, Ssantoki went back to her home. Have you eaten?

To: MyBadGirl

10.07p.m: Oh you’re alone? Can I come?! I’ll keep you warm~ Haven’t eaten yet… cook me something.

To: Jiyong Oppa

10.08p.m: What?? It’s late.. no.

To: MyBadGirl

10.09p.m: I’ll be there in 30 minutes.

To: Jiyong Oppa

10.10p.m: Yah!!

Knowing him, Chaerin knows he will definitely come. It’s not like the boys haven’t been to their dorm. They have. Countless time, it’s just that this time she’s being cautious because she’s afraid to be caught. She is not timid but when it comes to this, she needs to protect her other half, afraid of what are the consequences more over after YG have given them the ultimatum which is very clear, that he doesn’t want Chaerin and Minzy to be in a relationship just yet.

‘Heck~~ whatever!’ she said and move to the kitchen. She opens up the fridge and search for something that she can cook. Finally she decided to cook eggs and sausages since its late and she wants to make something simple but fulfilling. She wears the apron and start washing the rice. Thanks to her mom for her skilful hands in the kitchen, she was the one who taught her how to handle the kitchen at such young age. Within 20 minutes everything is prepared and she even done washing all the utensils she used for cooking. Satisfied with the cleanliness at the kitchen, now she just have to wait for the rice to cook and for Jiyong to show up. Feeling a little bit tired, she lay down on the couch and wait diligently for him. Glancing at the clock showing it’s 10.45p.m, Chaerin yawn lazily and plays with her phone until she accidentally fell asleep.

She wakes up upon hearing the loud ring on her phone and with fast reflex she picks up the phone.

“Oppa~” her voice cracked

“You’re asleep? I’m sorry”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at your door..”

Chaerin take a glance at the clock which shows 11.42p.m and sigh. She walks lazily to the front door and open it with her half open eyes. She rest her head on the door and pouts. “You’re late~”

Jiyong watch as the woman in front of him walk to the couch and lay facing downward, clearly sleepy. He feels sorry for her, it’s approaching midnight, he got too caught up with work. He unties his shoe and closes the door behind her before making his way towards her.

“Chae, I’m sorry” he said, kissing her head. She opens up her eyes slowly and sits up.

“It’s okay” he is kneeling in front of her with his hand on her knees. “Have you eaten?” she rubs his head and smiles. Jiyong is captivated by this woman. Everything she does makes him flutter. He shakes his head and Chaerin pull him up to bring him to the kitchen.

“Sit down. I’ll heat the food first. By the way, it’s just eggs and sausages. You want anything else?” she pulls up a chair for him to sit and he just follows. He smile and shakes his head trailing her movement with his eyes.

“Baby, come here” he said and pat his lap.

“In a minute, it’s almost ready”

“Chae, come.” He said, demanding her and he chuckles when she scoffs but sit on his lap anyways.

“What is it G-Dragon shi?” she teases him and wrap her arm around his neck

“You sounded like one of my fan girl” he smirk.

“I am~~ I’m your number one fan, G-Dragon” she shows her index finger in front of his face and giggles.

“Sure you are, and I’m your number one fan boy…” he pinch her puffy cheeks.

“I just want to give you your present” he smiles and planted a kiss on her lips. Sweet and short but enough to make her blush. “Congratulation for winning” he hug her tight. Chaerin smile sheepishly. She still trying to adapt to his cheesy and sweet gesture that can easily swept her off her feet.

“Thank you~ I have to win every week for you to treat me this way”

“Yah~ am I treating you badly before this?” he looks at her with a serious expression.

“Joke oppa, joke~ aigoo~~” she stands up and prepare the dish for Jiyong. She comes back, now sitting beside him watching him eat the foods she prepared. Jiyong keep exaggerating on how delicious the foods are and Chaerin just rolls her eyes.

After he is done, he ask Chaerin to go wait for him on the couch while he clean up the kitchen.

“Chae, I want you to listen to something” he assemble his laptop and sit beside Chaerin. She watch as he clicks the ‘New Album’ folder and click on the the icon ‘melody 1’ and she listens, it’s quite catchy but you can feel sadness when you listen to the song.

“What do you think? Be honest” he turn to her and wait for her response.

“It’s….sad… sort of, that one black spot in your heart where you can’t fill with anything kind of feeling”

“Right? I’m still figuring out the lyrics to it”

“How’s your progress?” Chaerin asks, naturally talks about their passion. This is what she loves about their relationship. If other couples avoid talking about work when they are together, they are the opposite. Talking about music and fashion always amuse them and it is also one of the reason why they fell for each other.

“I can say that it’s 70% done. Oh! I have this one song I need you to be my featuring” he clicks on the icon ‘R.O.D’ and she listens diligently. “What do you think? It's still raw, the lyrics need to be adjusted as well” she gaze into his sparkling eyes and smile.

“No.” she said and sips the water that Jiyong brought from the kitchen earlier.

“Are you joking?” he frowns still trying to figure her out.

“No. Listen carefully to that lyrics.”

“It’s about us, so?”

“Exactly! It screams ‘we are in a relationship’ and if I sing it, it will be the end for us.”

“Oh, come on chae~ don’t think too much about it, just do it, when the problem arise then we deal with it, together” she laugh after he says those words but Jiyong knows exactly what that laugh is.

Come on oppa, you know better. You’ve been in this industry longer than I did. You know how fans can make and break you just like that.” she snaps her finger.

“I really want you to sing it Chae” he said still piercing into her eyes.

“People have been talking more about us since Singapore, since that fashion events. Everytime I post pictures on instagram, people trying to connect the dot. Which i find ammusing as well. But the point is, I don’t want to make it worse”

“Since when do you start caring about what people says? Didn’t you claim yourself as The Baddest Female? Why flinched at their words” he sounded sarcastic and she’s beginning to dislike where this is going. She stands up and cross her arms across her chest.

“It’s hard not too care if every day people feed you with the same ” she replies with a cold tone and Jiyong let out his frustration.

“I don’t care. I want you. I’ll talk to YG” she doesn’t know if he is being ignorant, arrogant, acting dumb or all of the above and it making her irritated.

“Everything doesn’t always go as planned Ji, some things you have to measure it carefully. What exactly do you want to achieve with this song?” the ‘Ji’ has come out. When they are in serious arguments, Chaerin always uses it to make her feel more confident to state her points.

“This is me expressing to the world that I don’t care about what they think of my relationship. I want to tell the world who my girl is, why can’t you understand that?” he’s frustrated as Chaerin is, they are now facing each other.

“Do you really don’t want to be with me that much?” she suddenly ask staring him in the eye.

“That’s not even what we’re talking about” he frowns and crumble his fingers in front of her face clearly frustrated about the whole thing and at the same time confused at the lady standing in front of him. He really can't understand woman sometimes. They can drive him crazy.

“Okay, imagine this, I sing it with you and people makes assumption we are together and then gossips and rumours arise. Wait.... Before you say anything, think about other people not only us. Think about how it will effect them. Threats will come from different direction. It will eventually cause stress in our relationship as well, don’t you think so?” she calm down and try to explain from her point of view.

“Stop caring too much of what people think. This also can cause stress in our relationship you know. if you care too much, you can’t grow and improve as a person. Sometimes you just have to it and go with it” he cups her face trying to waver her from her grounds.

“Yes. SOME times and this is not it.” She said pulling herself and moving to the couch.

“Are you really that afraid to be associated with me?” still standing he turn to look at Chaerin.

“I didn’t say that”

“You sounded that way”

“I’m trying to make us work Ji and doing this collaboration is not helping at all. It opens up door to all kinds of things that I’m not sure I can handle if I see you got hurt along the process. Is it too much for me to protect our relationship? Am I the bad guy here? I’m sorry if you hate me right now for doing this.” she hate it. She hates when they argue.

“Hmmm..” He sits beside her. He dislike it when she finds reasoning to agree to her points and make him think back to what he said just now.

“I know you know it’s true” she mumbles “It’s not just you. I’m afraid of losing you as well” she rest her head on her palm and turn to Jiyong. The unspoken gaze they share between them is doing all the talking. He pull her into his embrace and rest her head on his chest. He kisses the crown of her head.

“I’m a jerk” he said and she wrap her arm around his waist and absorbs the warmth of his body.

“You’re my jerk” she said trying to neutralize the tense situation just now.

“I hate it when you’re right” Chaerin chuckles.

“I’m sorry oppa”

“So now I’m oppa again?” he murmurs and she slap his chest lightly.

“My Jingyo Oppa~” she acts cutely. Jiyong proceeds to kiss her after that. The two cuddles on the couch enjoying each other’s company through the night.

Tomorrow is a new day. People say you cannot predict the future. You don’t know what the future holds for you, no matter who you are in this world and it’s no exemption to Jiyong and Chaerin. Without any realization, one person will enter the picture and change everything.