Ultimatum

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

Yesterday marked the second stage performance at Inkigayo for Falling in love and today they got an off day. Bom is of course missing, back to her “parent’s house” and Minzy, is out her friends while the leader who is going through a rough patch, goes to her aunt’s gallery. Dara knows when she goes there, it means that she needs to clear her mind off something. Dara on the other hand has a way of her own. She is rushing to some place in YG building ‘He got to be there. He got to…’

She opens the door and immediately sees the person she is looking for, Youngbae. She smile widely and greet Hwangssabu who is more than happy she decided to work out during her day off. She takes place beside Youngbae on the treadmill and greet him.

“Hey~”

“Oh…noona…hey” his eyes automatically turn into crescent like.

“Have you been here long?”

“Nope. Just arrived few minutes ago”

Dara smile again and starts exercising. They continue to focus on their runs and after that Dara trains with Hwangssabu at the weightlifting areas. After finishing her session, she sits on the floor drinking her water, waiting for Youngbae to finish. She wants to grill Youngbae today. She knows in order for her to get any information regarding with Jiyong, she has to go through Youngbae. Finally after waiting for almost 30 minutes, Youngbae lays down on the mat beside her.

“Whoa, your muscle is popping everywhere!” she press his arms with her finger and Youngbae laugh lightly.

“Noona, you like what you see?” he and Dara flinch at his words.

“Don’t say scary things Youngbae… it gives me goosebumps” she chuckles.

“Oh come on~” he rolls his eyes.

“You really need to find a girlfriend soon Bae”

“Why don’t you be mine? You’re single and I’m single, so why not?” he winks and Dara slaps his arms making him laugh.

“Stop it… there’s something I want to ask you..”

“Yes..”

“Yes what?” Dara look confused.

“Yes, I’ll be your boyfriend~” Youngbae move away from her before she could give him another slap.

“Omo this kid!” she admits that she was flustered by his teasing but, now is not the time. She has something more important to deal with now.

“Okay, sorry…. What is it?” Youngbae said after seeing Dara’s serious look on her face.

“I have something important. More to life and death situation. I want to talk to you about something, can we go somewhere?”

“Let’s go to the café and talk, it’s more comfortable there.”

“Okay, let me change first” she said and stands up.

“Aigoo noona, you don’t have to look pretty for me. Like this also is enough” he winks and Dara lift her water bottle pretending to throw it at him. “Okay…okay….sorry~ god…” Youngbae stands up and remove his shirt in front of Dara.

Dara stood there distracted by his muscular figure with half opened.

“Close your mouth noona” he laugh and Dara feeling embarrassed being caught by him quickly turns away and march to the changing room.

“It’s easy for us boys to change cause we have nothing to hide” he exclaim while Dara walks to the room. He smiles and shakes his head. After putting on a clean shirt, he turn to look at Hwangssabu who was watching them at the corner of the room.

“You have a funny way to flirt with a girl”

“What?? I was just teasing her” Youngbae blushed and pack his things.

“Keep telling yourself that” Hwangssabu said and heads towards the office.

Youngbae wants to protest when Dara comes out from the room signalling him to go.

“We’ll be going now Ssabunim, Thanks for your hardwork~” she smile at him and exit the room with Youngbae.

The café looks quite empty because it’s kind of late in the evening so they ordered and settle at one of the tables there. Youngbae look at Dara, wondering what might be so important that she wants to talk with him.

“So, what’s up noona?” Youngbae initiate the conversation.

“I’m just going to cut the chase and be direct” she said and look at him with a very concern look.

“What noona? You make me anxious”

“What is wrong with your bestfriend?” her eyes are piercing into Youngbae’s making him nervous.

“I… don’t know what you’re talking about” he turn his attention to the food in front of him avoiding her stare.

Dara hold his hand when he wants to lift the spoon and he look back at her “Sorry Youngbae. But, you’re a bad liar. The moment you look away from me, I know there’s something wrong, tell me.. is there another girl?”

“No no…it’s not like that” he flustered.

“So, there is something that you know, please….do tell…” Dara said sorftly and sigh. Youngbae is torn between telling her everything and risk the chance of exposing Chaerin to the public and between protecting the two people from harm.

“It’s complicated noona… it’s drama-ish kind of thing”

“Youngbae, please. I know you know that those two are taking time off right now and Chaerin is beginning to fall apart. If Jiyong still wants to be with her, he needs to give assurance. At least to me, because I’m the only person who knows as well. I can’t bare to see her hiding all this emotions from the world, it’s painful. I am close to telling her to let go and move on, so help me to help her to stay strong in this relationship” Dara knows what she said will lead Youngbae to tell her the story if Jiyong is serious with Chaerin and if not, Youngbae will ignore it.

“Hmm… okay noona. But what I am about to tell you is a life and death situation as well and if you want to protect the two of them, you have to promise me first that this will not spread after we leave this place” he said with a serious tone and it’s Dara’s turn to feel anxious about the whole thing.

“I promise.” She nods.

Youngbae sips his drink and take a long sigh before telling Dara about who Haejin is and why she is doing it from the beginning including to things that happens recently. Even though Jiyong never acknowledge her presence in the apartment, she shamelessly comes anyway to make sure that Jiyong are keeping his words. That is why he never contacted Chaerin, afraid that if she sees it, she will immediately release the photos. Youngbae also told Dara how Jiyong’s moods are affected by it and how he always turns in Youngbae’s apartment to crash to avoid Haejin. The psychotic girl always text Jiyong every minute harassing him until at one point he almost threw his phone away.

“So, it’s not only Chaerin who suffers noona, Jiyong is suffering as well. Twice as more I might say” Youngbae finished and look at Dara. Unexpectedly he saw Dara’s eyes is forming tears and he gasp.

“Noona~” he said and pass her a piece of tissue.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to….i didn’t know….” she said and wipe the corner of her eyes. “All these while, Chaerin keep saying that she feels like Jiyong is facing with change of hearts and this is the nice way of telling her. She thinks that Jiyong wants her to get familiar of the feeling having to face a day without him and when she’s ready, he will let her go” Youngbae listens as the woman in front of him continued.

“It’s not that, really.. I see how miserable he is noona. he rarely have a good sleep, thinking of ways on how to get rid of that … oh.. sorry” Youngbae said realizing it’s Dara who is in front of him.

“No.. you’re right, that have got to go” she said with a cold expression.

“Omo, noona…you’re not the cussing type. Stop it” he teased and Dara chuckles.

“So what are the plan?” Dara ask and Youngbae shrug his shoulder. “There must be a loop hole, you just have to dig deeper……”

“We’ve thought about almost everything on ways how to get rid of her including putting her in a bag and dump her body to the ocean which is obviously Jiyong’s idea” he said causing her to laugh.

“You guys are crazy~~ by the way, didn’t she live in Japan after her thing with Jiyong fails?”

“She’s a Korean but have lived in Japan because her dad is a businessman there. When she was two timing Jiyong, she was enrolled in one of the university here and didn't finished her study. She went back to Japan after they are over” he explained. Dara listens carefully and notice something odd.

“Youngbae… if you are a photographer based in Korea and you are asked to take a photo of Korean superstar, what will you do?”

“I’ll spread it” he laugh for awhile and stop when he sees Dara raised her eyebrow. “What are you trying to say noona?” he said sensing something.

“The photographer must be close to her that the pictures are still safe somewhere” Youngbae gasps and nod but he still not quite get what Dara meant by it and frowns.

“So?”

“Aigoo! So…… it narrows down our search. Now we just have to know who is among her circle of friends that have photography background because you said it’s not possible for someone ordinary to take pictures like that right?”

Youngbae snaps his finger now getting the point “Noona! you’re so smart!”

“I am… I just wish you told me earlier…aigooo~~~~” Dara smiles.

“How are we going to find out?” Youngbae continues.

“Oh my gawddddd!!!! You’re one of BigBang members and I’m one of 2NE1 members, just use our connection you pabo~ Let's start with our Japanese friends” she squeals and pinch her nose bridge.

“You still doing that thing?” Youngbae act her famous pose and laugh. “Noona, thank you so much. Now, we have to do this together because, those two needs a break… are you in?” he said reaching out his hand for a handshake.

Dara laugh at his childish move but shakes his hand anyway“Anything for my wifey~ I’m just glad it’s you.” she smile and Youngbae smile back at her.

 


 

Meanwhile in Japan

*speaking in Japanese

“So?” a person is talking on his phone with a bored look on his face.

“So what? Just keep the photos with you”

“I’ve told you that I’m only taking pictures, don’t include me in your games”

“Are you abandoning me as well?” Haejin reply slowly.

“Haejin, I’m the only person who never leaves you. Just stop it and come back to Japan. Just forget about it…. You already know the answer.”

“Shut it. I called to make sure that the pictures are safe. Don’t try to lecture me” she raised her voice.

The person on the other line keep quiet.

“Hello? Still there?” but still silent, she was about to end it when she heard something.

“I love you…” he said finally “……that’s why I’m telling you to stop”

“Wh…what? Don’t say something stupid..”

“Believe it or not I do”

“You just want me to run back to Japan don’t you! You’re just saying things to make me waver!!” she said ignoring her racing heart.

“I’m not… I lo..” and she clicks the phone.

Eisuke stare at his phone as if it is Haejin in front of him. He is the only friend Haejin have in Japan who happens to be a famous photographer for editorial and fashion industry in Japan. He photographed models and travel all around the world and happened to be friends with her years ago. There’s something about the girl that attracts him and slowly he is falling in love with her without her knowledge. Eisuke knows about her story in Korea but that doesn't stop him from loving her. Yes, she’s lost her innocence somewhere along the way, but he believe that she is just putting up a wall to her surroundings. She told him that she will go to Korea to let go completely of her past but he was shocked when one day she cried on the phone mumbling things. He flew to Korea and comfort her almost succeeded in persuading Haejin to flew back with him but suddenly she snap and say she has a better plan. He didn't know how but she manage to make him do that and now it’s getting complicated and Eisuke wants nothing to do with it anymore. Those people are innocent and he feels guilty to do something like that.

“Heyyyyyyy cuz… what’s up~~!” the slender lady shows up to his office making him zoom out from his thought and back to reality.

“Heyy~ don’t just come into my office like that. You are one of the reason my blood pressure shoots up” he rolls his eyes to his cousin who is now sitting in the chair in front of him.

“What~ I’m your cousin, why do I need to knock? Are you hiding girls in here?” she said starting to inspect his table by lifting the pictures. He gives her a cold stare and she laugh but stop when something caught her eye. It’s a picture of someone that she knows very well.

“What is this?” she grabs the picture and look at the people in there. It’s Jiyong and Chaerin. Her eyes widen staring at a photo of them where Jiyong almost looks like he is kissing her while Chaerin have her eyes closed. Her heart beats faster at the picture and she look at her cousin demanding for explanation.

“It’s nothing Kiko, it’s just…..new project” he said and grab it from her hand.

“It’s funny because your project doesn’t seem like a photoshoot” she said sarcastically and cross her arms.

“It’s nothing” he said packing his things.

“Eisuke… those people are my friends…. What the hell is that?” she stood up and look him in the eyes. He knows he couldn’t avoid her question. “Are you spying on them?” she said looking at his cousin who is lost for words.

He look down on the floor and sit back on his chair rubbing his face a few times. “I did something bad….” He said and tells her the stories. She just puts on a face hard to believe of what his cousin just told her.

“Why Eisuke, why? Do you know that if these leaks, they probably wouldn’t have a career after this?! I don’t care, you have to dispose this!” she's angry at how stupid her cousin can be.

“I did it out of love…” he said and Kiko watch his cousin turn into vulnerable man. She never see him act this way, she calms down and breath.

“But…. This is wrong and you know it”

“Yeah, but I don’t want to lose her..”

“And if you do it, can you guarantee you will not lose her?” Kiko said and Eisuke look her in the eyes. Her words are like the wake-up call that he waited for all this while.

“Arghhh… I don’t know!” he let out his frustration.

“Yes, you don’t! And that’s the point… Besides this is totally illegal. Do you even know who these people are? They can easily make you jobless and broke if they decides to take action towards you” she continues trying to add up to his guilt. It’s working because now he just realized truly how big the issue really is.

“So, what should I do? I was blinded…. I’m so stupid!” he stood up and watch the view out of the window from his building.

Kiko makes her way to his side and pat his shoulder.

“Just get rid of those pictures, do you have a copy of it? Get rid of the copy too” she said calmly.

“I can rid everything now….”

“Good, do it…. Do it in front of me…” Kiko said needing the assurance for herself. Although she felt pain in her chest seeing the picture of Jiyong and Chaerin, they are still her good friends. They always treat her well and she remembers during Chaerin’s party not long ago and wonders that is why her expression change a bit when she showed up. Now it all makes sense.

Eisuke delete all the files in his computer, in his pendrive, the memory card and the hardcopies. After making show everything is destroyed and gone Kiko smiled at him.

“You did the right thing cuz”

“Yeah, but… how do you want to get rid the ones with Haejin?” he said weakly and burries his face on his palm.

“Whattt??? Why did you give her?”

“She’s not stupid you know!” he raised his voice feeling irritated by her high-pitched voice.

“Urggggghhhhh!!! I’m sooo mad at you Eisuke~~”

“Well, it makes the two of us…”

“I literally wants to punch you now” she said not being sensitive towards his feeling right now.

“I’m heart broken now and a broken face would not be a bad idea” he said slamming his back to the chair.

“Should I be sorry for you right now?” she bites her lips.

“Just go away~~” he voice out weakly. He knows she hates him right now.

“Urghh!! Cut it… stop mopping! Come with me! Let’s go have a drink and think of something!”

Kiko drag his cousin and grab his things out of his office to figure out the next step.

“First, let’s cure that broken heart of yours with lots and lots of alcohol” Kiko speaks once they enter into her car.

He stay silent and let her nag him.

“I don’t know why you fell for a crazy girl” Kiko blurted out.

“Hey… stop. You can be angry at me, curse me and nag me all you want but leave her out of this, you don’t know what she’s been through” he said firmly and Kiko flinched realizing that she was being insensitive towards her cousin.

“Sorry, word-vomit” she said

“It’s okay, I’m the one who supposed to say sorry” he sigh.

“Hmm… let’s just hope Haejin don’t do anything stupid. Does anyone knows about this other than her?”

“No, I don’t know about her but me, no one. Except you”

“Good! Don’t worry. Now let’s get you drunk and leave the girl to me” she said thinking of a plan.

“What are you up to?”

“Don’t worry, something I’m good at…” he looks at her with suspicion.

“Urghh~ not what you think. I’m not going to attack her. Just trust me”

“Hmmm….”

“Do you want me to help you or not? She gives him the ultimatum.

“Fine…just… don’t hurt her.. remember, she’s the person I love and I will no…”

“Yeah yeah~ Whatever…” she cuts him off.

Kiko continue to drive to their destination and she feels peace suddenly knowing why Jiyong changed. It’s because of Chaerin. she suspected Jiyong have met someone but she thought it’s just another girl and she was mad, furious to be exact. But now, knowing that it’s Chaerin, she feels content. This time the Dragon might fallen real hard and unknowingly, Kiko is forming a smile. Eisuke noticed it was quite when he turns to his cousin and she is smiling.

“Why are you smiling suddenly? Don’t think of something stupid!” he said and Kiko rolls her eyes.

“Silly, it’s not about that” she said and continue driving.

Kiko have a plan and needs to be in Korea, pronto.

All this, have to come to an end.