Just Friends

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

 

Chaerin open her eyes slowly. She feels the sunshine through the white curtain that is draping down her window which is lighting to her eyes. She covers her eyes with her hands and she feels extremely groggy right now and feels really dry. She roll over to avoid the sunlight and about to continue her sleep. She pulls up the cover and look down she’s wearing pyjama and suddenly it come to her senses. When did she change? She opens her eyes rapidly and sits up on her bed. She frown looking puzzle at her clothes. She closes her eyes trying to remember what happened last night.

“Ok Chaerin.. you left the party, right… and then you went back home, and then you take a bath, ok so what did you wear?” she talks to herself.

“Right! A sweater! So why am I in a pyjama? What the hell happen last night?” she definitely remember she wore a sweater last night. The one that was bought by Jiyong to be exact.

She looks around her room and hit her head with her palm as if the memory of last night will return to her. But somehow it works, bit by bit the blurry images starts to enter her head. She knows she’s drunk last night, she definitely remembers that.

‘Okay, so.. I dialled someone before I passed out’ she quickly reach for her phone that is beside her on the table lamp and look at the history and she saw the name and gasp. She stares at the name long and hard before throwing her phone on the bed.

“Damn! Damn! Damn!!!!!! Arghhhh!!!!” she screamed. She’s feeling mortify right now, afraid of what kind of embarrassment she made last night. Then she hears her door being open violently.

“What’s wrong??” her eyes is staring wide open to the figure standing in front of her. Half in his jeans showing his chiselled abs with messy hair, clearly just woken up.

Jiyong move forward to her “What’s wrong? I heard you scream”

“Stop!” she was still trying to figure out what happened last night and Jiyong presence in her room right now is making her confused. She gasp and thought ‘is he the one who change my clothes???????’ she look at him with suspicious eyes and Jiyong starts feeling self conscious.

“Why? Why? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“What have you done to me??!!!” and throw her pillow one by one at Jiyong. He avoid her pillow attacks and quickly grab Chaerin’s wrist trying to calm her down. He knows now, she doesn’t remember anything from last night. Which means she probably wouldn’t remember his confession.

“Calm down Chae!”

“Let go of me you ert!” she squeal and trying to free herself.

“What??? ert? You are the one who called me crying your eyeballs out to come here and beg me!” he lied and Chaerin stops. Seeing her calm down he started to do something naughty.

“You were drunk when I arrived, and you were talking and you cried and I don’t know what got into your mind and you jump on me… and… you know…. ‘it’ happened” he said and gaze her. He is holding his laughter.

“Shut up…. you….you’re joking right?”

“Baby, look at your clothes… who do you think got you in that?” he said while caressing her cheek.

Suddenly Chaerin put her head down on her knees and starts crying like a baby.

Jiyong who is shocked seeing her cries tries to coax her “No no no….stop…. nothing happenend last night….”

“Let go of me!!!!” she said still crying.

“Chae, sorry…I was joking…. Nothing happened” he’s flustered seeing Chaerin behaving that way.

“Shut up!!! How can you take advantage of a drunk girl?!” she is out of her senses right now. All she is thinking now is how she is an idiot for letting people take advantage of her.

Seeing her like that, Jiyong pull her face and look her in the eyes.

“Nothing happened.” Chaerin tries to free herself but Jiyong strengthen his grip until finally Chaerin is forced to look him in the eye. “Nothing happened. I maybe wild and stupid sometimes but I would never take advantage on another woman. Trust me, nothing happened last night. I was just joking.”

Chaerin who is now calming down stops crying “My clothes….” Her voice cracked.

“I got here last night, when I arrived you were already drunk and you vomited in the living room. I carried you to the bathroom and called Dara noona to clean you up. You can confirm it with them later if you don’t believe me. After that, we put you to sleep. That’s it. Nothing happened between us”

Unexpectedly. Chaerin leaps towards Jiyong and hug him tight. “Please don’t joke around like that oppa, you scared me”

“Sorry, that was stupid. I promise I won’t do something like that” he said hugging her back and put his chin on her head.

They stayed in that position. Chaerin can hear his heartbeat going fast and she closes her eyes feeling the warmth of his body. She feels really safe to be in this position with him. Jiyong rubs her head with love. He wants to stay in this position forever. Then he realized that, Chaerin is still clueless about his feelings but that wouldn’t be a problem because he knows her feeling now. He releases her from the hug and look her in the eye. He can see that she looks demure.

“How about you go take a bath and we’ll fix your hangover” he pinch her nose and she twitches.

“How about you oppa?”

“You want me to join you?” he joke.

She slaps his arm “Oppa~~”

“Haha, just joking..”

“You just promised” she rolls her eyes and he laugh.

Finally, they get off from bed. Chaerin goes to her wardrobe and pull out a t-shirt that she thinks will suit Jiyong, a clean towel and a new toothbrush that she purposely bought for her family who come and visit her and give it to him.

“Oppa, you also go and clean yourself, I think this one fits you”

“Why? I smell?

“Like vomit” she covers her nose.

“Yah! Whose fault is that?” he raise his voice and she just chuckles.

After that, both of them go and clean themselves. Jiyong use the guest room’s bathroom and Chaerin go to her room. While resting in the tub, she tries to recall back everything. She remembers Jiyong came into her house last night, the part where she climbs up of him and mumbling something and she remembers Jiyong put her in this tub. “Ahhh!!! You are so crazy! Stupid Chaerin! Stupid!!” when she remembers she climbs on Jiyong and she drowns herself in the tub before coming back up. She’s clearly embarrassed. “Let me die now” she said in embarrassment. She tries to recall back their conversation, but it is all too blurry for her. She finishes up cleaning and changes into casual clothes. She wears a white tank top and shorts and come out of her bedroom.

Jiyong is in the living room watching movies on the television and she sees two cups of ramen noodle on the table.

“Finally, what took you so long?” he said and pushes the cup to Chaerin.

“Only ramen?” she ask innocently.

“Yah! Be grateful. Not everybody can eat food prepared by this hand” he show his hands to Chaerin and she rolls her eyes lazily moving next to Jiyong and they start eating.

Halfway eating, the image of her climbing onto Jiyong keeps repeating in her head and she blushed.

“Crazy!” she blurted out.

“What’s wrong?” Jiyong look at her, puzzled.

“No…nothing” she stutter.

They continue eating after that, and when finished, Chaerin cleans up and brought two glasses of cold water from the kitchen. She passed him the glass of water while his eyes is still glued to the television. Chaerin watch him as he is too occupied with the television and suddenly she switch it off.

“Yah! I’m watching!” he turn to Chaerin who is studying him. “What?” he continues.

“Don’t you have anything important today?” she knows his concert in Malaysia is in a few days. He must be very busy but yet he’s here like there’s nothing big going on.

“Like what?”

“Like maybe practice for your concert? I’m home because it’s my off day. That’s why I got drunk last night”

“Speaking about that, why were you drunk?” he ask wanting to listen from sober Chaerin about the reason. He knows why but he wants to see if she remembers or not.

She’s taken aback by his question. Certainly she wouldn’t say that she got drunk because she’s hurting seeing him with Kiko. “You didn’t answer my question”

“Answer mine first”

“Well, nevermind then.” She said and turn away from him.

Jiyong smile. Since she is sober now, it’s now or never. ‘Jiyong, gather your balls up and confess to her now” he thought to himself.

He clears his throat “Chae..” and she turns back facing Jiyong dragging her legs up on the couch and sits in a cross-legged position with her arms-crossed as well.

“I pushed practiced to tonight”

“Why?”

Jiyong take a deep breath and his hair back and lays back to the couch and turn his head to Chaerin. “Because I’m worried about you”

“Shouldn’t you be worrying of someone else?” she relaxed her arms and look at her fingernails trying to look steady.

“And who is that?”

“Kiko.. She’s here for you right?” she sigh. He knew she was going to say that name.

“Who told you that?”

“I just know”

“Stop jumping into your own conclusion Chae. You’ll only suffer” he said feeling a little bit frustrated.

“Then why she’s here?”

“I don’t know, it doesn’t matter and I don’t care” he’s just going to answer everything that comes up from Chaerin. he wants to clear everything.

“Liar. You guys were video calling” Chaerin just realize after saying that, she sounded like a jealous girlfriend and she wants to hit her head on the table for saying that.

“What? That? She called, manager hyung picked up and passed it to me, that’s it.. and it only happened once”

“Oh…..”

“Do I need to tell you everything? Like who called, who I meet and stuff like that? What makes you that special Chae? Who am I to you? Aren’t we just friends…there's nothing special going on between us for me to justify everything that is happening to me” he provoked.

Chaerin is surprised by his words that are piercing through her heart. She stands up and walks to the kitchen holding her tears. ‘Is that what I am? A Friend?’ She is really shocked. “Then, why are you still here? Leave then” maintaining her voice.

When she is trying to calm herself down. She feels Jiyong’s arms wrapped around her waist.

“What are you doing? Let me go…” she said calmly but just stays there frozen.

“Just be true to your feelings” he mumbles to her ears.

Finally, she releases his hand and move to the veranda followed by Jiyong. He knows he’s taking a risk now but he wants Chaerin to say what’s on her mind.

“What do you want me to say? Huh?” she’s looking at the sky trying to avoid him.

“It’s just you and me now Chae. Look around you. There’s nobody here. Just say what you want to say to my face”

“What? That I like you? Does it matter?” she smirk and turn around facing Jiyong. “Satisfied?? I’m basically embarrassing myself because I know you don’t view me in that way right? You just said so yourself… and I…”

Jiyong kiss her. He cups her face and kisses her before she continues her speech. Chaerin was shocked. She struggle at first but Jiyong pressed his body tightly to hers making her unable to move and finally give in. Jiyong starts kissing her gently on her lips. He pulls her to his arms and put his arms around her waist. Chaerin starts moving her arms on his neck and kisses him back. All those feelings they had before this is rendered into a kiss and finally they stop and he gaze into her eyes.

“Baby, that’s all I need to hear from you.” he says, smiling.

“What does this mean. Oppa?” she asked with her flushed cheeks, a bit shocked but happy about what had happened.

“You think?” he smile and hug her. ‘Finally, she’s mine’

“I think we just stepped out of the friendzone”

“I think so too... Chae”

"So, what happens next?"

"Well, we have plenty of time before my practice" he look her in the eyes playfully.

“Definitely not what you have in mind” she pushes him back and move to sit on the couch.

“What? I didn’t say anything” he sits beside her pulling her to his arm.

“Yah, oppa.. let me go~” she shakes her body.

“What? Just stay put, I want to confirm that this is not a dream” Chaerin pinch his arm.

“Ouch, why do you do that for?”

“This isn’t a dream” she chuckles. They enjoy staying in the position getting comfortable before her phone rings. They look at each other and Chaerin release herself from Jiyong.

“Hello unnie….. yeah….er… no… it’s….. I was asleep….. NO!!.... Okay, I’m okay…. Calm down…. Yeah…. No, no…. he left… yeah… nothing happened!!... gosh, bye unnie….” And she end the conversation. She turn towards Jiyong to see that he’s laughing his head off.

“Got yourself in trouble?” he said after he calm down.

“Shut up…unnie is spazzing right now…. She’s worried sick. I’m going to meet them in a bit” and she stands.

Jiyong grab her wrist and pull her back to cuddle. “Let them wait for a bit, right now.. let’s just enjoy this moment will you?” he hug her tight.

Chaerin just watch him and rest her head on his chest. “Now you have to report to me everything” she joked. Jiyong chuckles upon hearing that and tighten his embrace.

“Whatever you say, Chaerinnie”