Electrified

Voice Out and Don't Hold Back

 

8.30 a.m in the studio

“Girls, summer are coming and you still remember our meeting the other day with Papa YG and Papa Teddy right? Our new song will be released and we need to practice our vocals and our dance moves. So, are you ready?” Chaerin gets into her leader mode and start to brief her members in their dance studio.

“Of course unnie, I’m so excited we are finally meeting our fans with new songs”

“Me too!” Dara yelled. “Me three!!” Bom added while jumping playfully hugging Minzy from behind.

With that, they start practicing using their old songs. There are fire burning in their eyes. The desire to want to be perfect when they finally meet with their fans later. While working hard, 2NE1 also know how to play hard. Being a member of 2NE1 is not all work and no fun. Though they are rarely seen in variety shows which cause other idols thought that they are hard to be close with because they don’t have an idea of their true characters.

“Now, we are the scary unnies, aigoo no wonder we are single Dara-ya eventhough our dating ban have been lifted.” Bom blurted out while they are laying down backflat on the floor resting before they continue with practice.

“That’s why we are doing something different for our comeback unnie, we have to show our girly side.” Minzy said while shifting into sitting position facing her unnies.

“But Chaerin’s single is going to be release soon and the image….” All of them look at her. Chaerin shift to a sitting position.

“Yes about that. Sorry girls. My image has to match that song. I’ve seen the lyric. It’s quite strong. Contrasting with our comeback image. Aigooo…”

“Omo, no need to say sorry Pudong ah.. that is only for the song. But looking at you now, you sure have gone through the biggest transformation among all of us. You are getting ier every day. Wooohoooo!!”  Bom said

“yeah it’s true unnie, you are already pretty, is there a reason why you getting prettier every day? Hohoho” Minzy said while winking.

“What’s with the compliments huh? I'm not buying lunch again” Chaerin just smiles.

It’s no secret that Chaerin is getting prettier and ier every day. Among the members she is known as the y one. Her fashion sense is number one. All of them always seeking for her approval when picking out clothes and she always lends them outfit. Chaerin realize this. She always loves doing fashion and because she is close with her stylist Yanggeng, he always introduces her to his circle of friends that is from the fashion world. Of course not forgetting Jiyong. Since they always hang out together, their taste and fashion sense tends to be similar. Sometimes purchasing couple item accidentally and sometimes both just buy for the other person as gift. She remembers when she starts wearing femininely, everyone starts noticing. From YG, the sunbaenims, the hoobaes, the dancers, the trainees and even the workers at the cafeteria also notices her changes.

After doing some stretching they start practicing their dance moves and vocal class and stop practice when it’s almost 4p.m.

“Let’s go grab something to eat before we go” Chaerin said after changing her clothes. She puts on a black hoodie and ripped blue short jeans.

“Oh, I have a meeting with Clio after this girls, sorry” Dara hurriedly packed her things and say her goodbyes with the rest of the members.

“I’ll pass today, I’ll just ask unnie to pack me food, I’m going back to the dorm, I’m tired, and I’m going to rest okay girls?” Bom also say her goodbye and immediately leave with one of the makeup artist.

“Okay unnie, but at 8p.m tonight we’re meeting with Teddy oppa okay, omo, can you please remind Dara unnie too? I told her just now before she leaves but can you do it for me again later?” Chaerin ask while applying her lipbalm.

“No worries, will do. See you later, love you girls” Bom said with a smile before leaving and both girls responded after that.

“It’s you and me today unnie, where should we go and eat? Are you buying?” Minzy linked her arms with Chaerin while walkind out from the studio.

“Hmm, where should we go? Let’s go to the café, yeahhhh yeahhh I’ll buy you food” Chaerin said while heading to the cafeteria.

As they enter the cafeteria, Chaerin saw a table acquired by people she recognized. ‘Oh no.’ she thought. If possible she wanted to avoid that person right now.

“Oh? Chaerin ah, Mingki, what are you guys doing here?”  Seungri who was sitting in a table together witth Jiyong and Kush raised his hand giving away sign for them to join. Jiyong quickly turn his head. His eyes meet with Chaerin’s. Chaerin quickly look at different direction.

‘What is this? Why do I feel embarrassed to look at that man’s eyes?’

‘Omo is she avoiding eye contact now?’ 

After arriving at the table, Minzy quickly sit down beside Seungri and there’s only one sit available for Chaerin. In between Jiyong and Seungri. Chaerin sit down beside Jiyong and continue to act as usual.

“Yah Seungri ah, why you always ask the obvious? We come to eat” Chaerin asked sarcastically in return for Seungri’s question just now which make Seungri irritated. Their cat dog relationship is known to the public. Thanks to 2NE1 TV, everybody knows how he and Chaerin have that type of relationship. Both are getting along quite well, but for some reason they just love to tease each other. It’s also how they manage to get close to each other.

“Chaerin, I’m your oppa you know?”

“So?”

“Call me oppa once”

“Are you joking?” Chaerin rolled her eyes. Purposely trying to annoy the panda and also it kinda soothes the awkwardness and the usual flutter going on in her stomach that she felt sitting down beside Jiyong.

Yah this kid!” Seungri tried to grab Chaerin’s nose when suddenly Jiyong stop him by grabbing him on the wrist.

“Yah, stop it. You are noisy.” Jiyong said to Seungri while still grabbing his wrist. It almost look like Jiyong is hugging Chaerin in that position. Chaerin’s heart beats faster by that sudden act and knows that her fce are becoming red now, she can feel Jiyong’s lips almost touches her ear when he told Seungri to stop. She took a glance at Jiyong’s eyes and he is looking at her briefly before continuing to tease Seungri. Their faces were only inches away. Chaerin felt like her body is electrified, she immediately stands up. Jiyong let go of Seungri’s wrist and he glance at Chaerin’s reaction.

“Min….mingkki ah, let’s go buy food” Stuttering she look at Minzy. She just hopes that nobody realizes her reaction and her face just now.

Both leave the table but Chaerin’s mind was occupied with what had happened just now. She swears she felt like there’s an electrick shock when Jiyong’s lips almost touches her ear, that look Jiyong gave her. That look that melts thousands of fan girls heart. Why does she feel like that?

“Uh unnie, are you okay? Your face is flaming red!”

“Huh? What? No. Nothing. It’s hot.” Chaerin felt stupid after saying that. Lol. ‘What am I saying? I sound like a fool’

“Yah unnie, come on. I saw everything. I maybe young but I’m not stupid okay. Obviously it has something to do with Jiyong oppa right? You guys were so close just now, I thought he was gonna kiss you. Oh my gawdddd”

“Maknae, don’t say anything to anyone” Chaerin stop walking and grabs Minzy’s hand.

Minzy look Chaerin in the eyes and saw that Chaerin is being serious. Now it is all confirm that there’s definitely something going on. As a third party, what she saw just now is just a simple gesture from Jiyong but Chaerin’s reaction is totally the opposite of it. She knows that Chaerin must have felt something just now. She wants to make Chaerin feel rest assure that no one will know about it.

“Unnie, don’t worry.” She said while grabbing Chaerin’s finger. ”So unnie, is he in here?” Minzy said while pointing Chaerin’s heart, indicating that she has a feeling for Jiyong. For someone who have spend most of the time together of course they know about the other members body language and behaviour. Minzy now wonders if Chaerin really do have feelings for Jiyong.

“Let’s just pretend that you didn’t see anything and stop making pointless conclusion” Chaerin grab her arm and lead the way to the counter.

Feeling disappointed and anxious, Minzy tries to hold herself from asking any question which she knows is not the appropriate time and place to initiate. She just nods and they continue their walk.

Meanwhile at the table, Jiyong is watching those two having brief conversation. He is wondering what they are talking.

‘Are they talking about me?’ it is obvious that Chaerin was fluttered just now. He just knows. He sees it, her face becoming red, the stutter and that cute little thing Chaerin always do when she is nervous where she bit her lower lip. Only him notices the situation, he watch as Kush and Seungri is heavily discussing about something that is very important. Women. ‘yeah, they didn’t notice anything’

“Hyung, look. These female artists nowadays are very daring, look. All hot and y, right?” Seungri passes his phone to Jiyong. It is a website showing the newcomers that are wearing short skirts and high heels. He doesn’t feel anything, he just look at it blankly.

“But, our girls are not bad either. Chaerin is getting hot day by day. Even Minzy are developing into full grown woman now. Damn. To think of it, Chaerin definitely my style. y and pretty. Hahaha”

 

”yah! You wanna die?? Have respect. Chaerin is off limit” Jiyong felt his heart race upon hearing what Seungri says and words just coming out from his mouth without him realizing it.

 

“Off limit? Why? She has somebody?”  The last sentence coming out from Jiyong’s lips just now raised eyebrows of the two guys. Jiyong tries to maintain his composure. “Just cause. Yah, don’t you have to get back to the studio or something?”

 

“I was joking hyung. Mianhe.” Seungri felt that he crossed the line a little bit. But he still tries to interpret what had been said by Jiyong just now.

 

“Seungri, let’s go back to the studio, we have work to do. Enough play, it’s time to work, Ji are you gonna join us?” Kush sense that Jiyong is feeling a bit irritated now with Seungri and starts to neutralize things.

 

“I’ll come by later hyung, I wanna ask you about my songs also and you Panda, work hard okay. This is your first album.” As a leader he never failed to lead s. They are practically like his own blood brother and of course he wants to see everyone succeed in everything they do. That is why sometimes he is being hard on Seungri because he needed the push.

 

“Arasso hyung, why does everyone think that I’m not being serious? I work hard okay” Jiyong and Kush just exchange looks and start laughing. They say their goodbyes and Jiyong just watch them until they fade away from his sight.

 

“Oh, they left?” Minzy said while making her way in front of Jiyong. She places her food and makes herself comfortable ready to eat. Chaerin follow suit and sit beside Minzy. Thank God for the empty sits. Feeling slightly disappointed Jiyong just stares at Chaerin. He was hoping that she would sit beside him.

 

“Yup, they gone back to work in the studio” Jiyong takes out his phone and pretending to be busy while the girls are eating and chit chatting. Sometimes Jiyong joins their conversation but most of the time he is enjoying his 'view'. Watching the way she eats her food, the way she wipes , how she smiles and her big laugh. Then suddenly he blush. He is imagining ‘things’ he would do with her if they are alone.  He closes his eyes and cover his face with his palm.

 

“Stop!” Jiyong squelled. Both girls look at him, puzzled. ‘, did I just said that out loud?’ he thought to himself.

 

“Oppa, you look weird” Chaerin burst into laugh followed by Minzy. Chaerin laughed while looking at Jiyong’s face that is clearly dazed.

 

“Oppa, that’s what happen if your mind is somewhere else” Minzy winked at Jiyong and raised her eyebrow while glancing at Chaerin. Chaerin have no idea what Minzy is talking about but continue to giggle still feeling funny at that sudden action by Jiyong just now. His action was definitely noticed by Minzy and he felt embarrassed. He wonders whether she knows what is going on.

 

Minzy is looking at her phone when suddenly she says “Ah, I need to go home now, Bommie unnie is asking about her bracelet that I borrowed the other day, urghhh, this unnie kept pestering me, she wouldn’t stop until I reach home and gave it to her directly”. Truth is, Bom never texted her, she just feels like she needs to give them time alone. Chaerin immediately feels nervous, it’s not like they never hang together just the two of them but because now it feels different because she has feelings for him but she just pretend to be cool so that it will not be too obvious. After hugging Chaerin and saying goodbye to Jiyong, Minzy left the two awkward people whom are pretending to be cool towards each other.

 

“Then there are two” Jiyong said breaking the silence.

 

“Yup” Chaerin smiles and look down to her drink, playing with the straw.

 

“Yah, what is happening? Why do I feel sudden awkwardness between us?” Jiyong said and move to sit beside Chaerin. She feels like her heart is going to explode.

 

“Awkward? I don’t feel anything. Maybe it’s just you oppa” Chaerin smile and bite her lips. Jiyong smile. He knows now. Chaerin is nervous with him sitting next to her. ‘Since when does this baddest female act this demure in front of me? Chae-ah you look so cute’

 

“Are you sure? Then why are your face is so red?”

 

“My face is always red, especially when I just finished practice for 8 hours straight oppa” Chaerin twitch her nose.

 

“Aigoo, so cute” Jiyong pinch her nose.

 

Surprised by Jiyong’s act, Chaerin feel her face is getting hot “Oppa, why you always pinch my nose? I’m not a kid you know?”

 

“Woah, our baby is a grown up? Since when?” Jiyong teases her. Chaerin felt a little bit sad. ‘Didn’t he realized I’m a full grown woman’

 

“Tsk oppa, you’ll never see me as a woman. For you I’m always your little sister” without noticing it she blurted out and immediately after that she realized that she said something that she’s not supposed to say and waited anxiously for his reply.

 

Jiyong let out a big sigh. 'Little sister? Do you wanna know what i was thinking of doing with you when we are alone?'

“I never view you as my little sister, ever. You are someone whom I call friend, someone who works hard to achieve her dreams, someone reliable, somebody who cares about others more than herself, someone who are smart and witty, somebody whom I can trust, someone whom I can lean to. Someone that owns a special place in my heart” Jiyong waits for her reaction. He looks deep into her eyes.

 

“Ahahaha, oppa. Aigoo my stomach. You sure do know how to make people uncomfortable. Don’t simply says something like that to just anyone oppa, people might get the wrong idea” She tries to neutralize the situation when actually she felt her heart just dropped to the floor because it feels like he is confessing to her. ‘Is he?’ She can feel that if she stays anymore longer her heart would explode. She need to regain back her self. Jiyong notice that Chaerin wanted to avoid the conversation and just play along. ‘maybe I came off too strong just now. I should’ve waited for appropriate time before I initiate another move’

 

“Yah, laugh all you want. You have to wait a thousand years before I’m saying things like this to you again.” Of course he was joking and Chaerin knows too. Somewhat she feels that Jiyong also wants to lighten up the mood which she’s grateful of. She really needs to make sure of her feelings first.

 

“Haha, aww oppa is sulking”

 

Jiyong just rolls his eyes and she laugh at his behaviour. The two continue their conversation after that comfortably. The tense and the awkwardness just gone with time. Just before they realize it, it’s time for them to part ways and after saying their goodbyes they both headed to different direction. Chaerin is going home to freshen up and Jiyong goes to the studio.

 

‘Chaerin, I am really gonna make you mine. Just wait.’

 

‘You make my heart flutter even when you are sitting there quietly oppa.’

 

They smile as they go towards their destination.