Hey littlemisshappyify!

Read Read Read Review Shop (not accepting Requests)

The Imposter by littlemisshappyify
Review by coolgirlaamy

 

Title (5/5)
I like it. The title is simple but quite dramatic and also relevant to the story and I really like that aspect of it. It is also more likely to stand out from other stories because of that and it kind of makes me quite intrigued and interested to know what is going to happen. The only thing that I would want to say about the title is that, yeah it’s relevant - I’ve already mentioned that - but I’m not sure it really fits all that well as we don’t realise that she is an ‘imposter’ until quite far on into the story. I just think that maybe if we realised she was an ‘imposter’ a bit ealier, it would have fit more than it does now. I’m not sure if my explanation really makes more sense of what I’m trying to mean but do you see what I’m getting at here? I’m not going to take any marks off because of this but I’m just not very sure if it fits very well. 


Description and Foreword (8/10)
Your description does what a description is supposed to do in that it summarises the story in a few lines and it does so quite successfully. I feel that you have managed to summarise the story quite well and I felt quite interested to read the story after having read the description as it managed to draw me in, especially that part above the pictures that is written in bold - the ‘Two women… One imposter’. I just really liked that. It seemed to make things a lot more dramatic. However, I didn’t really feel like parts of the description really flowed on that well from each other. I didn’t really think that the line that starts, ‘She later learned that she is Moon Chae Won,’ flowed very well following the one above it. Its probably just me but I just think that it didn’t flow very smoothly.

You decided to introduce us to the characters in the foreword, which is something that I am quite often not very fond of. In my personal opinion, I don’t really feel that there is a need for character descriptions because I feel like the information that is given out in them can easily be revealed to us through the story - we don’t really need to know it in advance. I do like the quotes from each of the characters though - I feel like it gives us a better insight into the characters’ personalities so I don’t have any problems with that part of it.


Plot and Originality (30/30)
The plot of this story isn’t completely original, stories with a character suffering from amnesia is somewhat common, however don’t let this dishearten you. I feel like the way you have decided to approach this kind of plot is very good, it’s like you managed to mould this plot into something of your own, with different factors being brought in throughout the stories, different kinds of drama and situations between the characters which helped you manage to create a story that I have never really seen before. 

Let’s start with the fact that she has amnesia. In quite a few stories that I have read in the past that include characters with amnesia, fanfics and published novels, quite often the character ends up developing amnesia at some point in the story and she forgets all about everything that has happened so far - I really hate it when writers do this. In this story however, it starts off with her already having amnesia and I really like this aspect because as she gets to find out about herself, we get to know what she is like too, somewhat bringing in an aspect of gradual revealtion into the story and I think this makes the whole aspect of reading the story a lot more interesting as well.

As a whole, I think that you have quite an interesting plot and it seems quite certain that you have obviously thought through quite a lot of aspects of the story. Not only has Chae Won got amnesia but she also finds herself being engaged to a man that doesn’t even like her let alone love her like a fiancee should, and she can’t seem to get out of this engagement because of her father. She has this strange and confusing past that she can’t seem to get her head around and understand as things slowly seem to return to her. 

The one thing that I love most about this plot though is the fact that she may perhaps not even be the real Moon Chae Won because there is someone out there that claims to be her. And then there’s the fact that Joong Ki is in the middle of both of these Chae Wons. I mean, I seriously can’t wait to see how things are going to come out and what is going to happen once the Chae Won that we have had the chance to get to know finds out what is going on. I’m really impressed by your plot and I have seriously enjoyed reading what you have written so far, eager to read the next chapter once I have finished the current one. Good Job!


Characterisation (15/15)
Our main character here is Chae Won so I will probably focus this part mostly on her. From what I have been able to tell so far, she is quite a strong-minded person. She won’t take it when someone tries to hurt her or say something bad about her, she stands up for herself against Shi Hoo and I really like this aspect of her. She doesn’t seem like the kind of person that would feel sorry for themselves after they have experienced something like amnesia, she keeps trying to move on because she knows that she won’t find out anything unless she tries hard to recover her past for herself. I feel like I’ve had the opportunity to get to know her so much and with each chapter I felt like I got to know her even more. She doesn’t seem anything like the person she was before, the person that she had been portrayed as by the press due to her scandalous affairs and encounters with men. She seems very different to that, which does kind of make me feel that she is perhaps not the real Chae Won. I kind of want to help her find out what really happened and who she really is.

Park Shi Hoo on the other hand seems like such a bastard. When we first encountered him in the story, I really hated him, like really really hated him. But slowly as the story unfolded, we realise that he’s kind of not really like that. He is physically attracted to Chae Won, he thinks she’s quite beautiful but he doesn’t seem like he would admit that to her. He also seems to develop this kind of caring attitude towards her slowly as the story progresses, which also makes it seem like he likes her because he went out to find her when she had fallen off the horse and gone to that cottage. I like this development in his character and I think you have managed to capture this progression in him quite well. 

As for Song Joongki, we first see him as just her doctor, quite a caring one as he tends to her needs in the hospital but later kind of realise that he isn’t as perfect as he seems to be. He may have been childhood friends with Chae Won in the past which makes it more likely that he would be caring but there is another side to him which is still slowly being revealed. He is somewhat conspiring with the other Chae Won  and I want to get to know why this is the case and what is going to happen once the story continues to progress. Ooohhh, the juicy drama!

I think you have managed to capture your characters very well and I can’t wait to see how they continue to progress in the story.


Writing Style and Language (23/25)
You have an amazing writing style. The different scenes and scenarios in the story, the various emotions displayed by the characters, the many conversations and arguments are just captured so well that I can’t find any way to fault it. Everything just seems so picturesque and amazing and at points it feels like I can see the different scenes playing out in front of me like a movie as I read the words off of the page. This story is seriously very well-written and I feel like you need so many more subscribers than you do now because you really deserve it. 

As for the language, spelling was completely fine, except from perhaps the occasional errors that pop up here and there. These can be found if you proofread your story, but otherwise it was fine. The problem that I did find here, however, was the grammar. There were a few grammar issues at the start of the story and although they didn’t appear as frequently later in the story, they still remain there and it did kind of hurt my head trying to read through it sometimes and make sense of what you actually mean. I suggest that you go back and proofread the first few chapters for any mistakes in the grammar.


Flow (10/10)
This story flows so perfectly, like I can’t even find anything that I could say criticisable about it. 

 

Total (96/100) 
Well done! You’re going to be on our featured stories list and you really deserve it because this story was amazing and a really good read. I’m going to stay subscribed because I can’t wait to see how this story is going to continue. And before I forget, I’m very sorry that this review took so long to be written. I’ve had quite a few issues with my lack of free time lately. Well done again!