Hey Shiny_A_Plus!

Read Read Read Review Shop (not accepting Requests)
Reborn for You by Shiny_A_Plus
Review by coolgirlaamy
 
Title(5/5)
This is a title with a lot of meaning hidden beneath it. It’s a title that you can’t appreciate until you have read through the whole story and once you have, that is when the full meaning becomes apparent to you. I know you mentioned it at the end of Chapter 17, the full meaning, but I suppose you did hint in a few places that the title may have referred to both characters, once Taemin’s past was opened up to us. 
When I first looked at the title, I only thought that it was only talking about Minho, but I’m glad that it wasn’t only just about it, that it was relevant to both of the main characters. It was something else that seemed to conjoin them both together and it made the relationship even more meaningful.
 
Description and Foreword (10/10)
The description is short and simple, yet very stylishly written. It managed to capture my interest from the first sentence, just the simplicity of it that seemed to have drawn me in and made want to continue. It also seems very personal, this is basically Minho’s thoughts, this is Minho telling us about his own story and I really like how you chose to write it in the first person narrative rather than the third person. Like I said, it just makes things seem very personal and gives the description it’s own special touch. Not many writers tend to write their descriptions in the narrative of their main character so yeah, I really like how you did that. 
 
You didn’t choose to use the foreword to write anything else so I can’t really mark you on that part. I would have liked you to have chosen to write or put something in there, maybe an excerpt, but I’m starting to think that that would have ruined the impact that your description had on me as a reader so I don’t think I can really make a complaint in this chapter because it would just be unfair then. Every writer has their own artistic license and style.
 
 
Plot and Originality (30/30)
I’m sure I probably said something similar in the review that I did for your other story, but I’m unsure about how original this story is. The main idea around it, the idea of someone wanting to take their life and someone else saving them from it, has been used before, obviously not as much as stories like ‘Arranged Marriage’ but you get what I mean. It isn’t completely original but of course, no story can be completely original. That being said, I feel like your story managed to veer away from the story format of those with a similar basis i.e. your story managed to stand out from the rest of those and you took a different route of dealing with the problems that your character was facing. 
 
Overall, I felt that your plot was simply amazing and beautiful. It was sad, romantic, heartfelt and it managed to tug on my heartstrings quite often. I experienced a range of different feelings from anger, when I didn’t think that characters were properly dealing with certain situations, or sadness, once I realised what had actually caused a character to behave in the way that they did. And like the title, I felt like there was so much meaning to the story, to the romance between the two main characters and once I saw what had linked their paths together, I started to understand things a bit more and the meaning became more apparent to me. 
 
I especially like how you took your time to develop the plot out, though. I like how it took time for the depression that Minho was facing to slowly go away, and we could actually witness the transition for ourselves. I mean, it didn’t happen so suddenly, like within one chapter that he started to change. It took time and I really liked that aspect.
 
 
Characterisation (20/20)
When I turned to the first chapter, I started to wonder whether Minho was going to be this over-depressed-don’t-care-about-life kind of character. I thought that he would end up being one of those clichéd depressed characters. Obviously, what I thought he would be like ended up being wrong. Minho had so much depth to him as a character, he really seemed like a real person and I feel that there is an advantage to writing in first person because it really helps you get to know a character better. I felt like I really got to know Minho, that I could really understand him and I like how I got to see him develop as a person through the story and grow to understand that just because his wife left him doesn’t mean that things have to come to an end, that you can keep moving on and new opportunities will arise. And I felt a range of different feelings towards him through the story too. I felt frustrated when he didn’t understand Taemin’s story, pity when I realised what he had actually lost, sadness when he was looking for Taemin and couldn’t find him. 
 
And for Taemin, well I don’t really know what else to say since I had a range of the same feelings towards him as I did with Minho. I suppose I really respected Taemin -  I respected his patience in the tough times, I respected the fact that he had saved someone’s life, I respected that he was going to take care of Minho for his wife. I respected him so much. But I also felt sorry for him that things were so tough in his family, that there was so much tension between him and his mother just because he was never the person that she and his father wanted him to be, that he never got what he wanted. I’m glad that he did in the end.
 
 
Writing Style and Language (25/25)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing style. Uh, you write everything so perfectly and you managed to capture the emotions so well in a story. Honestly, I think that you are starting to become one of my favourite authors on this site and I seriously can’t understand how you aren’t featured when you can write things so beautiful like this. I found myself tearing up a few times because everything seemed to get so emotional sometimes - it didn’t help that I was listening to sad movie soundtracks with my headphones on either. No, but really, your writing is seriously amazing. 
 
There was nothing wrong with the language in the story either. I didn’t find any mistakes. Everything was perfect.
 
Flow (10/10)
The flow of the story was perfect. I like how everything took time to develop and for things to change, rather than it happening so immediately that I didn’t realise what was going on. It was just perfect.
 
 
Total (100/100)
I said this last time, but I’m really sorry that this took so long. There were moments that I was reading it but then I was getting tired and wasn’t grasping everything properly so I waited until the next day to keep reading. Honestly, I’m glad that I did get a chance to read this though because it was awesome. 
And congratulations, you’re featured. You really deserve it ! I couldn’t find anything wrong with this story.