The Pest Pestered Again

Stubborn Hearts

 

Disaster.
 
That usually happens everytime moi, Sandara and that pest by the name of Jiyong meets. You would say that I should have gotten used to it by now, that I outgrew it already. But no, it just gets worse everyday. It was all his faults anyways.
 
Oh well, the thing is, he doesn't get punished by my Dad to everything he did. Dad would always say: “it was an accident, Dara. I'm sure he didn't mean it”. Yeah, right. I'm so sure the pest didn't mean it. But of course, Mr. Kwon, his father would always do the “revenge” for me. Ha! Served him right.
 
I stepped off the car the moment it stopped in front of the university. I saw the girls giggled. I rolled my eyes. You see, my school is a school for the R-I-C-H. And let me brag about this. You see, my Dad is one of the OWNERS of the school, a stockholder, so I partly own it in a way.
 
But of course, not all students are rich, like the pest for example. Thanks to my Dad, he was admitted to the school. But because most of the stockholders are politicians, they also send their scholars here. So, yeah, the school's not that pure. And like I said, the pest is the best example of it.
 
Unfortunately for me, the pest and I have the same classes, too. It's really weird how I got accepted to the top class when my grades didn't even reach average. But I guess my Dad was behind it. Oh, yes, the pest belonged to the top class. He's like the best student in my batch.
 
But what irritates me more with this school thing is his popularity with girls because of me. Yes, moi. Me and my inner circle girlfriends had a dare. And since it involves the pest and I so love to get back at him, I agreed. So, the dare was to take a photo of him while showering. I succeeded, though I only captured his upper body. I produced a lot of copies and asked an admirer to distribute it to everyone. The problem is, the girls started swooning and gushing at how y he was. Can you believe that?!?!?
 
I certainly can't!!!!!
 
What's so y with a no-muscle body, eh?
 
“Good morning, Jiyong oppa!” a group of girls chorused.
 
“Good morning, girls!” the pest replied. See? He totally enjoys the attention. What a pest!
 
Okay, here's a thing. We go to school riding the same car. Hellish, right? I rolled my eyes again as the girls started giggling again.
 
“Will you put some distance between us, pest? I don't want people to think we're close!” I hissed after glaring at the giggling girls. Ghad! Eve's daughters shouldn't act that way to someone like Kwon Jiyong!
 
“Like I want to be close to you, wild cat,” he snorted.
 
“Don't talk to me!” I growled as I saw Wooyoung oppa and some of my friends.
 
“A wild cat indeed. Well, don't talk to me either.”
 
I walked towards the others hurriedly, wanting to put some distance between me and the pest. “Hi, oppa!” I greeted.
 
“Oh, hey!” he greeted back, and then frowned a little. “I didn't see you last night.”
 
“Something happened and I so don't want to talk about it.”
 
He chuckled. “Was it Jiyong again?” he asked.
 
I rolled my eyes. “You bet!”
 
He chuckled again. Ah, it's like music to my ears. The bell suddenly echoed through the grounds. “Tell you what, meet me later for lunch and tell me all about it, neh?”
 
I nodded frantically. Aigoo! I can see some light for a Dara-Wooyoung future! Aigoo! I can't believe this! “Did you hear what he said, girls? He asked me to meet him for lunch. Ghad, I am so not taking this!” I exaggeratedly said, fanning myself with my hands.
 
“But what's with the servant boy, again?” Hyuna asked eagerly.
 
“Oh, puh-leeze, I don't want to waste my time talking about him. So, what's the party like?”
 
As much as I want to talk and gush about the party with my friends, the persistent ringing of the school bell didn't allow me. Okay, another thing, I'm in the same class with the pest but my friends aren't. They said they don't want to be in the same class where books and grades matters more than girls and the three letter word. I actually don't want to belong in that class, either. Imagine me, mingling with the geeks, nerds and scholars? Hellish, right? But my Dad insisted, I bet he even talked to the principal to allow exception since my grades don't really make up to the “top class”. And well, since my Dad's a part owner of the school, the principal must have complied. Ah, money runs everything these days. That's why I run everything I want, my own way.
 
I stepped in the room, lingering in the doorway, waiting for the teacher and my nerd classmates to notice me. Ms. Han didn't glance at me as she continued writing on the board when she said the usual, “Ms. Park, you're late.”
 
I smiled. “Why, good morning too, Miss Han!”
 
I winked at Heechul as I passed by him. And much to my pleasure, he blushed. I love seeing how I affect guys easily, you know. Oh well, Heechul's been doing my paperworks, so he deserved a little something from me. I was still looking at him when I took a seat beside the pest. A squeaky sound came out the same time I felt something sticky on my thigh. I stood up and looked at the chair, then I looked at the pest.
 
“Oops, my bad. I thought you're going to skip class again today so I put my lunchbox on your chair.”
 
“KWON JIYONG!”
 
It was that devil smile of his again that did it for me, making me lose my poise. I grabbed the OPEN lunchbox and the squeezed carton of milk and poured the contents on him.
 
“Miss Park!” Miss Han's voice echoed in the room.
 
“He started it!” I said, pointing a finger at the pest.
 
“I was going to ask you to take your seat,” the teacher said, much to my dismay. Well, the teachers and students were pretty used to me and the pest being like this. There were times that they would just ignore us but there were also times that they'll send us to the principal's office. Like that'll do anything.
 
“Hey, wild cat, nice legs,” the pest smirked then, whistled.
 
I glared at him. “Nice uniform. I never imagined you like colorful clothes!” I fired back as his uniform was now stained. But he just shrugged, acting as if it doesn't really matter.
 
“Well yeah, my uniform looked like a painting canvass done by a two-year old kid. I never thought you wanted to become a painter. But too bad, even the blind wouldn't appreciate your work.”