To The Rescue

Stubborn Hearts

 

But then, my worries and doubts were driven away as I remembered he's leaving soon. Then, what oppa said hit me. He mentioned about y room being beside the pest. Is he jealous? Aigoo! “Well,” I started. “He won't be my neighbor for long. He's leaving, you see.”
 
“Leaving? Why? Where is he going?”
 
I shrugged. “I don't know but I don't care. I've been waiting for this time to come.”
 
“I guess you got a point,” he chuckled.
 
He offered to walk me to the car, but then, his Dad called him up and told him they have to meet.
 
“You should go,” I said but deep down inside, I was kind of hoping he would insist.
 
“No, I have to help you first with these bags,” he said, looking torn.
 
“Don't worry, I'll call the driver up to help me. No worries,” I smiled. Ugh! Stupid mouth!
 
“Are you sure?” he asked after a while of thinking.
 
“Of course I am,” I answered. I am such a liar. Grr.
 
He sighed. “I'll make it up to you, okay? I'm really sorry about this,” he said.
 
“I told you, it's no big deal.”
 
He smiled. “You're so understanding,” he said, then planted a soft kiss on my cheek. “Bye.”
 
GHAAD! ! !
 
I think I just died and went to heaven!
 
I don't know how long I stood there, with my hand on my cheek. But when I finally snapped back to earth, I quickly called the driver, but the line was busy. What the heck?! I called again.
 
And again. . .
 
And again. . .
 
And again. . .
 
Aish! I picked up all the bags and started going to the parking lot. Omo! I didn't notice the time! It's already dark. Tsk, I guess time really flies when you're enjoying, neh? That driver's so dead! I'm gonna fire him! Arrgghh! I looked around and found that I'm the only person walking. I can even hear the way my heels clicked on the ground. Out of nowhere, I heard a whistle.
 
I stopped and looked behind me. I saw a lanky guy with brown hair and dark eyes. “You alone?” he asked.
 
“No,” I answered and quickly turned to get away from him. But then, he grabbed my arm and turned me back to face him.
 
“Hey, what's the hurry? I just want a private,” his gaze roamed my body “talk.”
 
I pulled my arm off. “Get off me, you filthy scumbag!”
 
“Ah, just the way I like in a woman, so aggressive.”
 
“Kitten, what's taking you so long?”
 
My head whipped around and I saw the pest. Relief washed over me as the pest slowly walked towards us and put his arm on my shoulder.
 
“Hey, what's going on here?” he asked the guy.
 
“You're with her?” the guy asked.
 
“Isn't that obvious?” the pest asked, tone heavy with sarcasm.
 
“Oh, well. I really like your girl, though. Mind if we share?” the guy grinned.
 
“Why you-” I started but the pest suddenly pulled me behind him as he grabbed the wrist of the guy. I tiptoed and looked over the pest's shoulder. I saw the guy winced from the pest's grasp. Then, the pest's head neared the guy. Aigoo! Is he going to kiss him? Yuck! That's totally gross! But then, it turned out that the pest went to whisper something to the guy. I saw the guy's eyes widen in fear. As soon as the pest let him go, the guy quickly ran off. “What did you tell him?” I asked.
 
“I told him you're a vampire,” he answered, smirking.
 
“I'm a what?!” I burst out. “And ya! How dare you put your arm on my shoulder? That's totally gross! Yuck yuck yuck! And I've told you a million times not to touch me or even get near me! YUCKKK!” I shouted, flinging the shopping bags at him.
 
He didn't fight back but just took hold of my wrists. He then took all the bags from me and started walking.
 
“Ya! Give those back to me! Don't touch my things! You're going to infect them!” I called after him but he didn't stop. I threw my purse on him and it hit his back but he ignored it. He just continued walking. “Ugh!” I screamed out of frustration and went to pick my purse up and followed him. He threw all the shopping bags on the backseat carelessly. “Ya! How dare you throw my things just like that?! Do you know the value of each item? What if you caused damage-?”
 
“Get in,” he ordered. My eyes flared with irritation.
 
I put my hands on my waist and faced him angrily. “Who do you think you are to order me around? Let me just refresh your memory, Kwon Jiyong. I, Sandara Park happened to be your EMPLOYER and you, Kwon Jiyong happened to be an EMPLOYEE. You don't have the right to-”
 
“Don't you ever shut up?!”
 
“Why you insolent, arrogant, ungrateful pest! How dare you shut me up?! I will talk as long as I want to and there's nothing you can do about it! You heard that?! So, you-”
 
I stopped as he grabbed both of my wrists and pinned me on the car's backseat door. His face suddenly neared but it stopped just a few inches from mine. The tip of his nose was touching mine as I saw his jaw clenched and unclenched. Then, he breathed heavily and stepped back. He opened the door of the passenger seat and put one hand above my head. He then shoved me inside. He walked over the driver's seat and started the car.
 
After five minutes of silence, he scowled. “Why do you never put your seatbelt on?” he asked. “You're always like that. You don't put your seatbelt on; you don't lock your bedroom door. I swear, you're the most careless girl I've ever met!” he scolded me.
 
“Why should I? We're paying for a driver to drive me safely to my destination. It's his duty to keep me safe. By the way, where's that wretched driver? Why are you-?”
 
“His daughter was sent to the hospital, he called me up to cover for him,” he answered.
 
“And why wasn't I informed of this?” I asked, raising one brow.
 
“Well, because you're narrow-minded, because you won't understand, because you won't listen, because you won't let him go. Satisfied?”
 
“Wait a minute!” I exclaimed. “So, Woo oppa did see you a while ago!”
 
“What are you talking about? I just arrived by the time you were talking to that guy.”
 
“I am not talking to him!” I denied.
 
He suddenly stopped the car. “Are you going to put your seatbelt on or not?”
 
“No,” I stubbornly said.
 
“Aish!” he muttered and went to reach for my seatbelt.
 
“YA!” I shouted as he secured my seatbelt.
 
“Stubborn,” he mumbled.
 
“And you're not?” I fired up. “Aish! Why don't you leave already so I can have my perfect life back?”
 
He didn't answer at once but then, he snorted. “Can't wait for that day to come, too.”
 
“That would be the happiest day of my life,” I said. “Ha! I bet you'd be so excited to see your girlfriend, too. Fairlegs? Yeah, right! What a stupid name-”
 
The car's wheels screeched as he stepped on the break. “How the hell did you know about Fairlegs?!” he asked, glaring.
 
I felt myself turned red from embarrassment. “I read your emails,” I answered.
 
“You what?!” he burst out.
 
“Ya! Are you deaf or just plain stupid?!” I burst out in return. His face started getting dark as his eyes turned murderous. For a moment, I thought I'm going to see the scary Jiyong again but then, he chuckled.
 
“If I don't know better, I would think you're jealous,” he said as the car started moving again.
 
“Me?! Jealous?!” I incredulously asked. “You've got be kidding me! I would never fall in love with you! Never! Have you looked into the mirror lately? I would never be smitten with your stupid blond hair or your stupid. . .” my voice was drowned as he turned the radio on and put it on maximum volume. My blood started boiling. I angrily turned the loud music off. “Ya! I'm talking to you!”
 
He snorted. “You're being stupid. I didn't mention anything about falling in love. But if you are really falling for me, well, that's too bad.”
 
“Didn't you hear what I said? I said I'd never fall in love with you!”
 
“And I'd rather die than fall in love with you, too,” he said and turned the radio on again.
 
“YA!” I screamed and started hitting his face with my hands. As if that wasn't enough, I started pulling his hair.
 
“Ya! Stop that! I'm driving here!” he growled. But I didn't listen. I only stopped when the car swiveled frighteningly. “Darn it, you're really testing my patience here!”
 
“Your fault!” I shouted through the loud music.
 
He turned the volume down a while later. I was making faces while looking outside the window with my arms across my chest.
 
“Why do you always pick up on my hair?” he asked.
 
I rolled my eyes. “Because it looks stupid just like you. You obviously think that by doing that, you'll gain attention. Huh! And do you think blond looks hot? Tsk, well, you're wrong. Blonds are dead so long ago already.”
 
“Ah, now I know where all of this is coming from. You obviously don't want me to gain attention because you don't want any competition from the girls. Tsk, don't worry, you’ll l always be the little kitten for me.”
 
“Yuck! I don't care how many girls you have, if you even have one! They can have you all they want! I DON'T CARE!”
 
“Have you eaten dinner already?” he asked out of nowhere. My head snapped to him as my eyes turned into tiny slits again. I looked at him suspiciously. What is he up to now?
 
Ooh, I know! If I'll tell the truth that I haven't eaten yet, he's going to insist to buy me a food then he's going to poison me! Hahaha! Too bad for him, I won't be fooled that easily. “Yes, I already did, with Woo oppa,” I smugly said. Gaah! Why am I even talking to this pest? Aish!