Queenbee Turned Into A Laughingstock

Stubborn Hearts

 

I quickly ran to my room and locked the door. For years, I never feared the pest even if he's screaming and shouting at me, even if he loves and enjoys doing those stupid pranks to me. But his face and voice a while ago made me tremble. It's like I saw a different side of him, not that I care and give a damn to his personality but- oh never mind! Why am I wasting time for that pest?! I should be thinking about my party!
 
 
WEEKEND. . .
 
I specifically asked Dad to make the pest as the all-around servant for my pool party. And to my surprise, the pest agreed without even protesting. How weird is that, neh? Not that I'm complaining. I actually think it's good but there's just something suspicious with his submissiveness, don't you think? The truth is, I want to shove to the pest's admirers that he's nothing but a pest, paid lowly servant and nothing more.
 
One by one, the guests arrived. I actually hyperventilated when I saw Woo oppa's perfect masculine body. It's a pool party, what do you expect? But of course, I'm showing off some skin myself, with my two-piece pink bikini. For us, gatherings like this usually involves a lot of “showing off”, I'm quite used to it.
 
“Nice party.”
 
“Thanks,” I smiled.
 
“Cool drinks!”
 
“Thanks,” I said again. On and on it went like that. I looked around, satisfied at how the party's going. Loud music pumping, foods, drinks, people lounging by the poolside, some in the pool itself, others dancing and there are even those somewhere in the dark part of the garden. Making out, probably.
 
I was pumping up to the beat when I noticed Woo oppa talking to a girl. “Who's that? I don't remember inviting her,” I said.
 
“Jessica,” Hyuna answered. “I heard she's the daughter of a close friend of the Jangs'. Wooyoung probably brought her with him.”
 
“I don't like her,” I said.
 
“You shouldn't,” I heard Taeyeon said.
 
“Why?” I asked.
 
“We heard she's planning to transfer to our school. Talks are spreading out about it. And, I'm sorry to say this, but some of your followers are starting to convert to her.”
 
“WHAT?!?” I blurted out.
 
“You can't really blame them,” Jihyun joined in. “They're beginning to question your queenbee title since the, err, servant seemed unperturbed by your beauty and charms.”
 
“I can't believe this!” I exasperatedly said. “That pest doesn't have taste and they should not go worshiping that Jessica girl just because the pest is not interested in me.”
 
“Well,” Hyuna hesitantly said, looking torn.
 
“Spill it out,” I said.
 
“There have been rumors about your, uh, hidden affection for Wooyoung and they noticed that he, too seemed uninterested in you. I don't know how it leaked out, really.”
 
I fumed. I can't accept this! I won't be shoved into one corner just because a new girl arrived. Ugh! And she obviously caught Woo's attention. I looked at the girl again. I frowned as I saw her laugh with something oppa said. Then, her eyes diverted, like someone caught her attention. She turned to oppa and pointed to someone. I looked at where she's pointing and saw the pest. I looked back at her and saw a dark predatory gleam in her eyes. She nodded and slowly went towards the pest. I saw them exchanged a handshake.
 
“Looks like your reign will soon be over,” I heard Hyuna said. I balled my fists. This cannot be happening! First, Wooyoung oppa and now the pest? How did she take the attention of the two guys who obviously don't have any affection for me, at least romantically?
 
“I'm not easy to throw away,” I mumbled darkly.
 
“How about we prove to everyone that YOU are the queenbee?”
 
I looked at Taeyeon. “How?” I asked.
 
“Dare Jiyong to kiss you,” she said.
 
“WHAT?!?!?” I burst out. “I definitely can't kiss that pest! Why don't you just dare me to kiss Woo oppa?”
 
“You know Woo's reputation with girls and kissing games. The people will think that it's just another game. If it's Jiyong, think of it as hitting two birds with one stone,” Jihyun said.
 
“How did that-”
 
“First, if he stepped up to the challenge and kiss you, then the people's doubts will be erased. Second, let's see how Woo would react. Who knows? Maybe he's just hiding his feelings for you, too. Make him jealous.”
 
“Oh, in additional,” Hyuna inserted, “since Jessica seemed more interested with Jiyong, if he'll kiss you, it'll be a slap in her face.”
 
I brightened up. She got a point! But, can I really do that with the pest? Ugh! Just the thought of it make me shudder from disgust. I can't imagine myself with that-that pest! It's totally unnerving! I'd rather kiss a snake, a dog or even a frog at this point.
 
But I can't let one simple looking girl take over my territory. So, I went to the girl and the pest. “Follow me,” I told him. I walked ahead of him, going towards the other end of the pool. I looked around and saw some curious gazes upon us, I looked at everyone. “May I have your attention, please?”
 
Everyone looked at us. A grim smile crossed my face before I faced the pest.
 
“Kiss me,” I said.
 
“What?” he asked.
 
“Kiss me,” I gritted.
 
He just looked at me, dumbfounded. “You're out of your mind,” he said.
 
“I'm serious,” I said but he just snorted in response. I scowled and tiptoed. I reached for his neck, but he pushed me back.
 
“I'm not in the mood to play games with you, kitten,” he said and walked away. I felt myself boiling up as I started hearing murmurs and felt all eyes on me.
 
Ugh! I have to think of a way to get out of this embarrassment. He was on the other side of the pool already, opposite me when an idea came into my mind.
 
“Ya, Kwon Jiyong!” I called out loud. He stopped in his tracks. I gave a false high laugh. “Are you really that gay that you can't even kiss a girl? I was trying to help you, you should just ride on with it. And now everyone knows you're a gay.”
 
The others laughed. The pest turned to face me. My laughter faded as I saw the look in his face. “I'm not gay. You're simply not my type,” he loudly said.
 
“Whoaa!”
 
“Ouch, that hurts!”
 
“Tsk.”
 
Those were just the few reactions I heard. Moreover, the laughter dominated in my ears. I paled from embarrassment and humiliation.
 
~o~
 
I don't know who did it but someone took a video of the event where the pest declared I'm not his type. And the news spreadout like wildfire. I've been absent for three days already because when I went to school last Monday, I saw people whispering to each other everytime I pass by them. Those were just decent. The others were vulgar that they would literally laugh in front of me. Oh hell yes, I've been a laughingstock. Seemed shallow, I know. But that’s how things go in my world, or so I thought it was.
 
I grumpily attacked the pint of ice cream in front of me, shoving the spoon in my mouth angrily. I looked at my phone and scowled. I haven't received any messages or calls from anyone these past three days. I looked up as I heard footsteps. I saw the pest with a mop in his hand. I threw him a deadly glare. This was his entire fault! He looked at me as if he heard what's going inside my mind then shook his head. I heard a low chuckle.
 
“What are you chuckling about?” I burst out.
 
“You,” he answered. “You look pathetic.”
 
“YOUR FAULT! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be a laughingstock in school. My friends might-”
 
“Friends? Oh, so you still call them friends, huh? Why, I haven't seen them a while here.”
 
“YOUR FAULT!” I insisted, throwing my spoon at his direction. He caught it in his hand. Eh? How the hell did he do that?
 
“How did it become my fault?” he asked.
 
“You embarrassed them by embarrassing me!” I shouted.
 
“Huh! Some friends they are. If they're really your friends, then they should be calling and asking how are you doing than having the time of their lives hanging out with Jessica.”
 
“They're probably busy with- wait, what did you say?”
 
He looked at me, motionless.
 
“You're lying! They'd never do that!”
 
“You know what's wrong with you?”
 
“Nothing's wrong with me! You're the pest here! Everything about you is wrong!”
 
He shook his head. “There's no sense talking to you.”
 
“And what does that mean? Are you telling me I'm stupid?”
 
“You're not just stupid!” he fired up, too. “You're stubborn, a spoiled brat, pathetic, judgmental, full of yourself, selfish and brainless!”
 
“How dare you call me brainless?!”
 
“It's because you trust the wrong people!”
 
I squinted my eyes. “Ya! How dare you talk about my friends like that?! You don't know them! You're just jealous because you want to be as rich as us, as popular as us, because who would dare pay attention to someone like you?” I fired back, though cringing a little since I know he's popular in school. “You're nothing but a pest! You're ugly, just like that stupid blond hair of yours! You're as thin as a bamboo! And you're POOR! Huh! Working and studying at the same time is the evidence of your status in this world!”
 
“At least I don't need money to earn TRUE friends,” he snide, then added, “unlike you. Come to think of it, I can't really call them true friends, can I?” My hand went flying to his face. I saw his jaw tightened as he looked back at me. “I hope someday you realize the difference between truth and lies because you might get lost,” he said then walked away.
 
What the hell did that mean? That person is crazy! His nuts! Totally out of his mind! I think he needs help, a shrink, that is.