Fairlegs

Stubborn Hearts

 

I woke up and found myself alone in the room. I remembered sleeping in the pest’s arms last night. I think he even kissed my head. Eww. My nose wrinkled. Heck! I can’t believe he was part of my dream last night. Tsk, seeing Mr. Shim, Mr. Nah, Grandma and Grandpa, Dad and Wooyoung oppa was understandable. But seeing the pest and his parents was kind of weird.
 
I curled in a ball. I miss Dad and oppa already. I want all of this to be over soon. Remembering what I’m in, I quickly stood up, planning to find the pest and have a TALK with him. I was stopped by the sight of some bags at the foot of the bed. I went to it, frowning. I found some clothes, toiletries, a towel, bathrobe and black and red undies. I blushed, thinking that the pest asked Seohyun to buy them for me. Ugh! What did the girl think with pest knowing about my size? Grr! That pest! He’s really embarrassing me!
 
But I decided to take a shower first before dealing with the pest.
 
After freshening up, I went downstairs. I looked for the pest but I didn’t find him. Instead, I found Seohyun in the living room. As if sensing my presence, she glanced up. A smirk formed in her lips. “Oh, so the Princess has finally awakened.”
 
It didn’t escape my ears how each words were heavy with sarcasm. My lips twitched as I was trying to calm my nerves. The pest won’t like it if I burst out on HIS BESTFRIEND. But gah! So what if he won’t like it? Like I care, right? But since this girl helped us, I’ll let it pass. . . for now. “Thanks for the clothes by the way.”
 
“I didn’t buy them. Did you really think I’d bother buying you clothes? I won’t waste my time and money on you. Huh!” she snorted. “Jiyong bought them.”
 
“Oh,” I mumbled. “Where is he, anyways?”
 
She gave me a look that clearly says, “back-off”. I raised one brow at her. What does she think I am? A boyfriend stealer? Oh, wait they’re not even in a relationship. She said it herself, they’re just bestfriends. And besides, if they are in a relationship, I would never dare STEAL the pest. That’s just disgusting! Eww.
 
I stiffened as I felt his presence coming. I quickly turned around and saw that he was indeed coming towards my direction. Gah! What now? Did I develop some sort of “pest sensor”? I quickly shook the thought off my head. It was just a coincidence.
 
One corner of his lips curved into a y smirk, making my knees buckle. What the heck?! But my eyes can’t help but inspect how the black polo shirt looks good on him. “You’re dressed up,” I said.
 
“Yes. We’re leaving later,” he said, eyes focused on me.
 
“Why? Where are we going?” I asked.
 
“We can’t stay here. It’s too risky and I don’t want to endanger Seohyun and her neighbors.”
 
“I’m coming with you,” the girl suddenly said.
 
The pest’s eyes turned to Seohyun. “You can’t,” he said.
 
“Oh, puh-leeze!” the girl exclaimed, rolling her eyes. “Don’t tell me you’re worrying about my safety? We’ve been through some tough spots before and we perfectly made it out alive. And besides, who would tend to your wound?”
 
“Seohyun,” the pest sighed warily.
 
“Jiyong, come on. I’m bored to death! I don’t have new assignments, it’s kinda frustrating. Let me come. You know I can help.”
 
Okay, I don’t understand the whole thing but only one thing’s clear to me: the girl wants to come with us. And it doesn’t have to take a genius to know why. So much for being a territorial BESTFRIEND, huh?
 
“Suit yourself,” the pest then said. I gaped at him. “We’ll take breakfast first before going,” he turned to me.
 
“I’m not hungry,” I snapped and stomped off back to the room I’m occupying.
 
“What was that?” a voice behind me said.
 
I turned around and saw the pest in the doorframe. “I don’t like her,” I said matter-of-factly.
 
“So?” he raised his brows.
 
“So, we can’t bring her along.”
 
“She can help. And I trust her.”
 
“Help in what way?” I asked. When he didn’t answer, I grew more irritated. “Huh! Just as I thought. You just want to bring her along for your own personal purposes. I wonder what your girlfriend, FAIRLEGS would say about hat?”
 
He sighed. “Seohyun is fairlegs and I’m bringing her along not because of PERSONAL PURPOSES.”
 
I stared at him blankly. “She’s fairlegs? But. . . but you said fairlegs is your girlfriend and-”
 
“I didn’t say anything about her being my girlfriend. You just assumed she was.”
 
“You could have at least corrected me!”
 
The pest shrugged. “I had fun watching your reactions.”
 
My eyes turned into tiny slits. “Why you. . . you arrogant pest! And what are you talking about my SUPPOSED reactions? FYI, I don’t give a damn if you have a girlfriend, you know!”
 
“Oh, really?” he smirked. “As far as I can remember, you were quite disappointed when you assumed I’ve got a girlfriend.”
 
“I was disappointed with the girl for liking someone like you! Nothing else!” I heated.
 
“If you say so,” he shrugged.
 
“I’m telling the truth!” I said.
 
“Being defensive, huh?”
 
“I am not defensive! I’m just. . . .” I stopped as he started walking towards me
 
“Just what?” he asked, his voice turning low and husky.
 
“Just stating a fact,” I said then started stepping backwards. “Ya! What are you doing?” I burst out as he continued advancing on me. My eyes widen as I saw the spark of playfulness in his eyes and his trademark devil smile. “Kyaa!” I squealed and ran to the bathroom and closed the door as quickly as I can and locked it. “Don’t go near me!” I shouted through the door.
 
 
Later. . .
 
I am so in a BAD MOOD, really! Totally pissed like hell! We’re currently driving our way towards our destination, which up to this point is still a mystery to me. I already asked the pest where are we going but he just said it’s somewhere safe. I glared at the two people in front. The pest was driving while Seohyun was in the passenger seat. As for me? I’m all alone in the backseat, totally ignored since the girl obviously kept the pest busty with all her talks and questions.
 
I didn’t really have a choice on where to sit since we’re using the girl’s car right now. The car we previously used was damaged, so it’s too risky and dangerous, not to say impractical to use. I angrily crossed my arms across my chest, pouting childishly and glared outside the window.
 
“Maybe you should let me drive?” the girl said for the nth time. “You should be resting your shoulder, you know.”
 
I rolled my eyes and controlled the disgusted twitch of my lips. I heard a light chuckle but I don’t have to look to know who it was. It was the pest of course. I glanced outside the window again. He’s totally enjoying the girl’s attention. “I told you, I’m fine,” the pest said.
 
“You should not strain yourself too much,” the girl quietly said, almost crooning. I feigned a vomit. I glanced up as I heard the pest’s loud laughter. I saw that he was also looking at me through the rearview mirror. “You found what I said funny?” I hear dthe girl asked in disbelief.
 
“No, it’s not that. Dara’s being funny,” the pest answered, still looking at me. I stuck my tongue out then glanced outside again.
 
“Oh,” Seohyun mumbled. “Of course.”
 
I faked a loud yawn as Seohyun started talking again. Jeez. I’m so sick and tired of hearing her voice. “I’m bored,” I said. “Turn the player on. Music is more soothing and pleasing in the ears unlike some endless blah blah blahs.”
 
“At least my rants don’t do harm to others,” she snorted. I felt myself paled.
 
“Seohyun, it wasn’t her fault,” the pest quietly said.
 
“Oh, puh-leeze! Stop being so kind to her, Jiyong. She doesn’t deserve it. I bet she doesn’t even give a damn that your grandparents and Mr. Shim and Mr. Nah died because of her. And I’m pretty sure if the time comes, she’d rather save herself than think of others.”
 
How did she know about Mr. Shim and Nah’s deaths? Oh, of course, the pest old her. I accept that Grandma and Grandpa’s deaths were my fault but Mr. Shim and Nah? “What are you talking about? What am I to do with Mr. Shim and Nah’s deaths?”
 
I heard the pest sighed heavily the same time the girl laughed sarcastically. “Seohyun, that’s enough.”