The Wild Cat Strikes

Stubborn Hearts

 

“I'm driving!” he gritted. I just smirked.
 
“Want to drive me, too?” I giggled.
 
“Aish!” he hissed then pushed me back to my seat.
 
I started laughing again. I turned back to the guy and grabbed his collar. “Tell me, do you find me beautiful?”
 
He sighed. “Yes I do,” he quietly answered.
 
I smiled. “Good boy,” I said, patting his head. “I really feel hot, though. Maybe I should just take my clothes off,” I added and removed the jacket. I threw it to the backseat. I reached for the zipper of my dress and started pulling it down.
 
“Dara,” the guy sternly said.
 
“You know my name?” I asked, feeling confused. Then, I brightened up. “Oh, of course you do. Who wouldn't know my name, right?” I laughed out loud.
 
“We're here,” he suddenly said.
 
“Eh?” I blankly asked then looked around, feeling a bit disoriented. I saw him stepped out of the car and went to my side. As soon as he opened the door, I ignored his hand and stepped down on my own. Then, I ran to the garden.
 
“Ya! Where are you going?” he called.
 
“Catch me, catch me!” I giggled. Then, I frowned as I was disappointed with my running speed. Oh, must be the heels. I bent down and took them off. I started swinging my arm and threw one pair of the footwear. I watched it fly to a tree. “Ooh, it got caught to a tree! Haha! Oh, there's another one,” I said in amusement as my eyes dropped to the other stiletto on my hand. I started spinning around, faster and faster. I started feeling dizzy so I let go of the stiletto and fell down on the ground, first. Then, I heard a sound of a breaking glass.
 
“Oops!” I giggled, covering my mouth. I looked up and saw a shadow. I stood up and ran away from him. I stopped as I reached the pool. I turned around and saw that the shadow followed me. “Watch this, watch this! I'm going to do something amazing. Something no one else could do. Only me,” I called to him. I raised both of my arms on either side of me and closed my eyes. I let myself fall backwards to the pool. I shivered a little as I hit the water. I let myself float, still giggling.
 
~o~
 
I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar white room. I looked around. My head was throbbing but I ignored it. I pushed myself up. Where the hell am I?
 
Then, I looked at what I'm wearing and found out that I was wearing a hospital gown. I started hearing voices coming outside. The door opened and I saw Dad. “Hey, Dad! What am I doing here? And what are you doing here? I thought you're on business trip?”
 
“Are you on drugs?” he asked.
 
“WHAT?!?! Of course not! Who-”
 
“Then, can you explain to me the lab results which-”
 
“Sir?” a voice cut him off. I saw the pest standing at the doorway. “Can I have a minute? It's really important.”
 
I saw Dad nodded, and then he turned back to me. “I'll deal with you later,” Dad said and went out. The pest looked at me for a moment then closed the door as he followed Dad. I frowned, how could Dad ask me about drugs? I may be a lot of things, but I don't do drugs and cigarettes!
 
A while later, Dad entered the room again. I quickly went to defend myself. “Dad, I swear, I don't do drugs. I would never-”
 
I stopped as he raised a finger. “I cut my business trip because I received a call that you were sick. I went here just to find out you disobeyed me. You went out to a party when you perfectly know you're grounded.”
 
“Well, I-”
 
“Are you that confident to pass the exam that you even had the time to go to a club? I'm disappointed.”
 
I started using my technique. “Mianhe. I made a mistake. It won't happen again.”
 
He sighed. “This will be the last time I'm going to give you an extension for your exam, Dara. Fail it, I'll hold your credit cards off.”
 
~o~
 
I tired remembering what happened last Sunday night but I really can't. And the girls haven't visited me in the hospital, either so I didn't have the chance to ask them. I guess they're busy. Wooyoung oppa visited me, though, with a bouquet of flowers. I didn't get the chance to ask him, too since I was busy staring at him and he never mentioned what happened either, so I just let it pass by.
 
I just came to the conclusion that I got myself too drunk. But that's really weird, though. I mean, as far as I know, I've got a high tolerance with alcohol. Tsk, I guess I'm getting rusty already. Ah, this cannot be.
 
When I was discharged and was able to go to school, I asked the girls what happened. But they just said that I really got wild, that's all. I also went back to my err, tutorial sessions with the pest. And he's been ORDERING me to do servant's stuff. Like preparing breakfast and dinner for him, though I'm not the one cooking, I just prepare it and bring it to his room. He would sometimes ORDER me to buy ice cream or feed him. Totally disgusting, right? I feel so grossed out that I always grimace and look away from him everytime I push the spoon into his mouth. Ugh! Just the thought of it make me shiver from disgust! There's also this one time that he called out all the maids in the house, even his mother in the main hall and ordered me to do a sing and dance number.
 
“But how did that happen?! Shouldn'tt his be the answer?” I burst out angrily.
 
“I'm glad you're learning,” he chuckled.
 
I squinted my eyes. “Are you trying to make fun of me?” I snapped.
 
“No. But you're starting to argue and defend your answer. It only means you understand the concept already. But this is wrong.”
 
“Why?” I gritted. “I cannot be wrong!”
 
He then started explaining why. As I was listening to him, I felt like I was thrown here and there. First, I felt angry, then embarrassed and lastly, I finally understood why. “Oh,” I mumbled, nibbling on my lower lip. “Can you give me another set of exercise?”
 
He looked at me, surprised.
 
“What are you looking at?” I snapped.
 
“Nothing.”
 
 
Later. . .
 
“Hmm, four mistakes. Not bad. You're improving.”
 
“Four mistakes? Ugh! And I was so confident I'll perfect it!”
 
“I guess your brain can't take too much information in just one sitting.”
 
“YA!” I burst out, whacking his head.
 
He chuckled. “Just telling the truth. Ah,” he yawned. “Let's call it a night.”
 
“Good, 'cause I feel so itchy for sitting beside you.” I saw that he was about to open his mouth but my phone suddenly rang. I squealed a little as I saw that it was Woo oppa. “Hello?” I answered, grinning crazily.
 
“Hey,” he greeted. “Are you busy?”
 
“Oh, no, not at all!” I said while shooing the pest with my hand. I climbed to bed the moment the pest was out and the door was closed.
 
“I haven't seen you lately,” he said.
 
“I know. I'm grounded, you see. But don't worry, it's almost over.”
 
“You technique didn't work with Uncle?” he chuckled.
 
“I'm afraid it didn't, all thanks to the pest. Anyways, how have you been doing?”
 
And we talked and talked 'til I fell asleep with my phone still pressed on my ear.
 
~o~
 
“Come with me,” he said.
 
“Why should I do that? I'm not-”
 
“We had a deal,” he reminded me.
 
My lips twitched. “Fine!”
 
I trailed behind him, rambling. I swear, as soon as this tutorial thing is over, I'll never make a deal with him again and I'll make sure to avenge myself.
 
“What the-” I stopped as I found that he led me to the wash area.
 
“You're going to wash my clothes,” he smirked. My jaw dropped as I saw three different laundry baskets.
 
“You've got to be kidding me!” I burst. “That's a servant's work! And why would I wash your clothes when I don't even wash mine? And I can't wash, my nails-”
 
“You're going to use the washing machine,” he interjected.
 
“But I don't know how to use a washing machine!”
 
“I'll teach you.”
 
“AISH!” I growled.
 
Then, he started talking, blah blah. “Understood? Or do I have to repeat-”
 
“I'm not stupid!” I snapped.
 
“Really? That's very hard to believe. Oh, well, I'll leave you now.”
 
“Wait!” I called. “Where are the clothes you want to be washed?” I asked, fuming. He pointed to the three laundry baskets. “Which one?” I asked.
 
He gave me his devilish smile. “All of them,” he said then turned to leave.
 
“WHAT?!?! ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!? I CAN'T POSSIBLY WASH ALL OF THEM! THIS IS OVERBOARD!”
 
But he just continued walking.
 
“YA! YOU PEST, COME BACK HERE! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!”
 
I started filling the machine with water and washing powder. I turned the machine on and started putting all the clothes in. I pushed the clothes down. I turned around and slipped, screaming along the process.
 
“Why are you so noisy? You- what the heck!” the pest emerged. He went to his feet and scooped me up.
 
“Don't touch me, don't touch me!”
 
He ignored me and went straight into the kitchen. He put me down on a stool. He went to the fridge and took out a pint of ice cream.
 
“Here, eat this. I'll just see to the washing machine.”
 
I frowned at him suspiciously. “Are you trying to make me fat again so that you could laugh at me AGAIN?”
 
“If you don't want to eat it, then I'll just return it to-”
 
“No! You already took it out, I might as well eat it,” I said, snatching the ice cream back. He went back to the wash area.
 
“WILD CAT!!!!” I heard him shout after a while. I winced at the loudness of his voice. Then, I saw him in front of me, wearing a very dark expression with a brown rag on his hand.
 
“Eww! What's that?” I asked, pointing at the cloth in his hand.
 
“This,” he gritted slowly, “used to be my school uniform, my white polo shirt. WHY THE HELL DID YOU MIX THE WHITE WITH THE COLORED ONES?!?!?!?!?!”
 
“Oops, my bad!” I grinned.