The Cat Bites

Stubborn Hearts

 

“Wanna know how stupid you look drooling over him?” he asked, nose wrinkled in disgust. “What would the whole campus think if they saw the most popular girl looking at Woo like an idiotic moron with hanging open?”
 
I felt my whole body heat up with anger. The pest was leaning on my doorframe. “Ya! Get away from there! I don't want my doorframe to be infected!”
 
“Tsk, you're so rude. Oh well, I guess I don't have to wonder about what the whole campus would think. I'll just send this photo to them. Or better yet, I'll just post this on the internet,” he continued, looking at his phone.
 
My eyes widen. “No, you did not just take a photo of me a while ago!” I gasped. The pest smirked and turned his phone to me. My eyes even went wider when I saw my face in the screen, looking like an idiotic moron with eyes gazing dreamily while my mouth was hanging open. This cannot be! This is not good for my reputation! I should be the one being chased, not the other way around! “Delete that!” I snapped.
 
“I was about to. But you were being rude,” he dramatically said, bowing his head, looking sorry. Yeah, right. Then he looked up again. “Say sorry first,” he grinned.
 
“No way!” I wildly protested.
 
His shoulders fell, looking regretful. Yeah, right again. Like he's REALLY SORRY. “Too bad. I guess I'll just send this then,” he said, turning away. Here's a little tip: NEVER and I mean N-E-V-E-R turn your back on your enemy because you don't know what will come if you do.
 
I sprinted towards him and tried to grab the phone away from him but he was too quick for me. I suddenly jumped on his back and strangled him. I even went on biting his ear, eventhough it disgusts me to do so. I heard him grunt. From pain? Probably. I thought I was winning already but he also bit my arm that was strangling him. I let go. “Ugh!” I said in disgust. “Yuck! Eww! That is SO disgusting, you pest!”
 
“You bit me first,” he shrugged; laughter was present in his voice. My eyes squinted. Without warning, I lunged at him. But again, he was too quick for me. My flying and precious body went flat on the floor. I heard him laughed out loud as I landed on the floor.
 
“KWON JIYONG!” I shrieked as I stood up. I took my slippers off and threw it at him, but still, I failed to hit the stupid pest on the face. I shouted out of frustration and irritation. Then, I noticed that he was slowly getting away from me. “I'm gonna get you for this!” I warned.
 
“Ooh, I've heard that a lot of times already. I wonder when it will come true? Let me see, hmm. Why can't I remember anything about you winning against me? Oh, right! It's because you never did!”
 
I ran after him like a raging madman. I even heated up as I heard his laughter bouncing off the walls. I chased after him as fast as I could.
 
“Catch me if you can, kitten!” he shouted.
 
“GET OUT OF THE WAY!” I screamed at the maid blocking my way. Then, I saw the pest slid down on the staircase's wide handle. I did the same. To hell with poise! Huh! I've been chasing the pest for years already and I've seen him do this a lot of times before so I willed myself to learn how to do it, too.
 
He went out into the garden, I followed. Since our garden was like a park, I didn't see him when I got out, probably because he already hid himself somewhere.
 
Heck!
 
Where did that stupid and spiteful pest go?
 
I searched for him but still, I didn't see any sign of him. I was tired from running. And I just noticed that I'm not wearing any slippers. I looked down at my feet and wrinkled my nose in disgust.
 
“Oh, crap!” I heard a voice from somewhere above me. I looked up and saw the pest in the tree. He jumped off and started scratching his whole body. Then, he took his shirt off.
 
“Ya! That is just so disgusting! Are you trying to seduce me?” I asked, totally scandalized. “I'm telling you, it's not working! It's like I'm watching a 70-year old grandpa dancing seductively!”
 
He didn't answer and started dancing, err, well, that's what I thought he was doing. He's acting really weird.
 
Aigoo! I think he lost his mind!
 
“Damn ants!” he muttered lowly. My ears pricked and I thought I saw the sun burst through the clouds, shining a light upon me. My face brightened as my smile went from ear to ear.
 
“Hehe,” I chuckled. ”I got you now,” I mumbled as I saw him removed his jeans, his phone poking out of his pocket. He started running towards the pool, dragging his jeans with him. I ran behind him. He then dived into the pool, finally leaving his jeans behind.
 
My smile even went wider as I went for his jeans and looked for his phone in his pockets. I grabbed the phone the moment I saw it but I felt a hand on my wrist, startling me. I dropped the phone.
 
“Oh, no you don't,” I heard him say as he pulled me into the pool, too. The moment I resurfaced, he was already out of the pool, with his phone and clothes on hand. “Better luck next time, jungle cat,” he smirked and walked away.
 
“Oh, this is not over yet!” I mumbled darkly to myself.
 
The droplets were drifting off my body to the floor. SO? Like I'm going to clean it up. I called out all the maids. “GIVE ME THE KEY TO KWON JIYONG'S DOOR NOW!” I roared murderously. The moment I took hold of the KEYS of all the locks and doors of the house, I turned redder. “Which is his?” I hissed. One maid immediately stepped forward and picked it out from the chain of keys.
 
I marched darkly towards the pest's room and turned the knob. It was locked, just as I thought. Huh! I'm not stupid as he thinks I am. I inserted the key in the hole and turned it. I pushed the door open. But I didn't find him in his room. Then, my ears caught the sound of running water. My head snapped to the bathroom. Better luck next time your feet!
 
Again, the door was locked. I looked at keys and started trying them one by one.
 
I was getting impatient. I don't know how many keys I've tried already. Suddenly, the door opened. The pest came out, his blonde hair dripping wet causing droplets to run over his upper body. He had boxer shorts on while the towel was hanging loosely on one shoulder. “Give me your damn phone!”
 
“Try to reach it then,” he chuckled.
 
I fumed as I saw him raised his hand with the phone above his head. I started jumping off for it. I was so angry that I put too much force to grab his arm that he fell back on the tiled floor of the bathroom, bringing me with him. I landed on top of him and I took advantage of it. I squirmed up to reach his hand.
 
We battled for some time. And that includes biting, slapping, snapping and hissing at each other. He then flipped over, changing our positions, making me under him. As he did, he suddenly stood up and inserted his phone on the waistband of his boxer shorts.
 
My eyes went wide as I sat up. “YUCK! YUCK YUCK YUCK. Absolutely yuck!” I spat in disgust. “You did not just put your phone in your. . . in your. . .” I struggled for words. The pest laughed at me as he saw my discomfort. “You did not just put it in there!”
 
“Try to get it,” he laughed as he walked out of sight. I quickly stood up and stepped out of the bathroom. I saw him looking for something to change into. My eyes squinted. Then, I saw a pile of books at one corner. I took three books and started whacking his head with it.
 
“What the hell, wild cat!”
 
I didn't stop and just continued whacking his head with it. He suddenly turned to me and grabbed my wrist forcefully. “You can mess with me but never mess with my books, kitten. Or you're gonna regret it!” he breathed against my face. I suddenly heard a thud. I looked down and saw that his phone slipped and fell to the floor. I looked back at him and found out he was looking back at me, too, both our eyes were wide. Then, our eyes went down to the phone at the same time. He was quicker, I know. So before I could bend to reach the phone, he already beat me to it.
 
So, I did the first thing that came into my mind. I stepped on his hand as hard as I can then whacked his head with the books again and kicked the phone out of his reach. As he was mulling over his hurt head and hand, I quickly tore a blank page from the book and used it to pick the phone up. I mean, it was inserted in his waistband and it SLIPPED to the floor. I don't want to think of how infected this phone is. When the phone was already in my hands, I ran outside.
 
Sweet success! Ah, my first win against him.
 
I quickly fiddled through the phone and deleted the “scandalous” photo of me. I was about to browse the other photos, just in case he captured some of my embarrassing moments when the phone was suddenly stolen away from me.
 
“I think you had enough play for today, kitten,” he darkly said.