The Nosy And Eavesdropping Princess

Stubborn Hearts

 

The pest has been VERY snappy and hissy lately, all because of the “uniform” incident. It wasn’t my fault, right? He never mentioned anything about separating the white ones from the colored ones, jeans, etc. I mean, how would I know? I’ve never washed before, never paid attention to it. Why should I? What’s the use of the servants, neh?
 
He’s been literally shouting at me during our tutor sessions. I’m not complaining, though. I love it when he’s being pissed, plus he can’t do anything to me because he knows I’m right when I reasoned to him that he never mentioned anything about it. Hahaha! Sweet success, ah! That’s right, that’s right. Ha! Served him right! And to top it all, his mother shrieked at him because of that incident. Oh yeah, when it rains, it pours. And I say, keep it raining!
 
My exam day came. Unlike before, I feel a little confident in taking the exam. I was smiling when I arrived at the principal’s office. I even greeted the principal good morning. Ha! I’m really in a good mood today. I know something good will happen.
 
 
Later. . .
 
I looked at the principal, anticipation building in my stomach. The principal looked serious and he was frowning. He cleared his throat. “Ah, you passed the-“
 
“I KNEW IT!” I laughed and ran off. Yes! I am so gonna throw a party for this.
 
Aigoo! This could mean a lot of things like my credit cards won’t be held off, not grounded anymore and most especially, goodbye pest! Haha! Yes, yes, that’s right! I can now get rid off him. We’ll be back to our hate relationship. I don’t have to be nice to him anymore.
 
I started calling up all my friends and invited them to my place. Of course, I saved the best for last so I called Woo oppa lastly. “Did you thank Jiyong already?” he asked.
 
“No. Why should I? I mean-“
 
“He helped you, you know,” he cut off.
 
I pouted. “W-well, I guess I could do that,” I mumbled. Aish! Oppa’s too kind to everyone. As soon as the call ended, I went back to the classroom. I quickly went to my seat and looked straight up ahead. “Thank-“ I started but I can’t get seem to say the word. It’s like something’s blocking my throat.
 
“If you’re trying to say thanks, then you’re welcome,” he smugly said.
 
My ears pricked at the smugness in his voice. “You don’t have to sound so arrogantly smug. The exam was pretty easy. I can easily pass it even without your help.”
 
“If you say so,” he shrugged.
 
GAAH! Why is he like that?!
 
“Ya! Didn’t you hear what I-”
 
“Miss Park? I’d prefer it if you lower your voice down, I’m discussing here.”
 
The pest looked up to me; smirked then stuck his tongue out.
 
Arrggh! I feel so annoyed, so irritated so pestered!
 
 
Later. . .
 
“Dad, I’m going to throw a pool party this weekend,” I said.
 
“Okay. Congratulations, by the way for passing the exam.”
 
“Ha! The exam was pretty easy, didn’t even break a sweat,” I boasted, making Dad laugh. Then, we heard a knock.
 
“Come in,” Dad called.
 
“Sir? You wanted to talk to me?” I heard the pest said as he entered Dad’s home office.
 
“Oh, yes, yes. Dara, you can leave now. Go ahead and plan your party.”
 
I frowned. Something is not right here. I looked at the pest suspiciously as I headed towards the door. I closed the door behind me but I didn’t leave. I leaned one ear against the door.
 
“I’m worried, Jiyong. They’re not giving up. The others are still so determined to know where the-“
 
My phone suddenly rang. Oh, crap! I quickly ran off, not wanting to be caught. Aish! Who could this caller be? I looked at the screen. My scowl was quickly replaced by delight as I saw who it was. “Hello? Wooyoung oppa!”
 
“Hey there! How are you?”
 
“I’m fine. You?” I asked, feeling myself blush. I was getting all giddy inside. Oppa’s been calling me a LOT lately than before.
 
“Doing good. Uh, I was thinking. Do you need some help in organizing your pool party?”
 
“Oh, I’ve got it all controlled. And besides, you’re my special guest. I don’t want to-“
 
“Well, uhm the truth is. . .” he paused as if hesitating.
 
“Yes?” I urged on.
 
“The truth is, I just want to spend some time with you,” he said, then laughed lightly as if he was embarrassed.
 
Aigoo, aigoo, aigoo! Is this for real? Aigoo! I want to jump and squeal but of course I can’t do that. So, I bit my lower lip to stop myself from doing anything embarrassing.
 
I suddenly felt something feathery on my nape. I jumped and dropped my phone on the carpeted floor. Good thing it didn’t break. I turned around and saw the pest, grinning while holding a feather duster.
 
Why is it that he always pops out anytime, anywhere? I quickly picked up my phone and saw it was dead. “YA DO YOU KNOW WHO I WAS TALKING TO?!?!” I roared.
 
“Aww, sorry. Did I ruin another Wooyoung-Dara moment?” he mocked.
 
“Why you pest!” I snapped. He laughed then started running away from me. I chased after him, of course. As soon as he reached his room, he quickly closed and locked it. I pounded on his door and kicked it.
 
“Ehem!”
 
I stopped and looked behind me. I saw Mr. Kwon in his usual formal suit. He gave me a little smile.
 
“Excuse me, Miss Dara,” he said, bowing slightly. I stepped aside a little. He went to knock on the pest’s door, calling for his son. The door opened.
 
“Appa.”
 
Mr. Kwon inclined his head a little. “I hope you’re not being rude to Miss Dara again.”
 
The pest didn’t answer, much to my pleasure. He glanced at me, I just stuck my tongue out at him. Mr. Kwon sighed and turned to me. “I’m sorry for my son’s behavior, little miss,” he apologized, bowing to me. He straightened up and glanced at Jiyong. “Come with me. I like to discuss something with you.”
 
Haha! When it rains, it pours. I was about to go to my room when I noticed that the pest forgot to close his door. I grinned. Ooh la la, this is interesting. I looked around me to make sure that no one’s around. I pushed the door open and closed it silently as soon as I was inside already.
 
I looked around the room, trying to find something that I can use against him, just in case I’ll be needing one in the future. I scowled at how neat his room was. I think he got OCD or something, sheesh. I opened his drawers but everything was in order. I suddenly heard a beeping sound. My head snapped up and I saw his laptop blinking.
 
Ooh, one message received. Hmm. I took a seat on the swivel chair and opened the message.
 
From: FairLegs
 
Hey! How’s the case going? So, uh, have you thought about what I told you? I would really be delighted if you’d say yes, though. It would be nice to go there with someone I know, with you. I missed you already. Feels like years since you last visited us last summer.
 
I raised my brows. Ha! What’s the meaning of this? This is unbelievable. I clicked his inbox and found out that all of his messages came from this so called FairLegs. It looks like the pest has a girlfriend. This cannot be! How could he get a girlfriend? Tsk, I can’t possibly imagine that someone might actually take the pest as a boyfriend. I mean, Kwon Jiyong as a boyfriend? Totally gross!
 
And based from the e-mails, looks like I finally know where the pest is going every summer and Christmas vacation. Hmm. I wonder what the girl looks like. Duh! Why do I have to ask? For sure, she's just like the pest: so gross, so disgusting, so trying hard to look cute!
 
I got bored reading the emails, so I closed it. I was about to stand up when I saw my name on the desktop. Well, not exactly my beautiful and unique name but you see, I saw a folder named: OPERATION KITTEN.
 
Not that I'm owning “kitten” as my pet name, definitely not. Not that I wanted to be called kitten most especially by that pest but as far as I know, I'm the only one he calls kitten. I wonder what's in store in the folder.
 
I know! Maybe all of his plans of pranking me are here! Maybe I could use his own ideas against him! So, I went to open the folder but I was greeted by another set of folders. I frowned. I was about to open the first folder when I felt a hand on my wrist. I gasped in surprise. I felt I was pulled up from the swivel chair. I looked up and saw the pest's dark face. He grabbed my shoulders tightly. “What did you see?” he gritted, eyes bulging.
 
“I. . .” I stuttered.
 
“Tell me, what did you see?” he asked again, shaking me hard. I flinched from the obvious anger in his voice. I've never seen him like this before. I mean, I always piss him off and fight with him but he was never this angry.
 
“Nothing, okay? I was about to open the first folder but you stopped me!”
 
He relaxed a little, but his face was still dark.
 
“Why do you have a folder with my name on it? Operation Kitten?” I blurted out, unable to stop myself. I saw his jaw clenched, he was so red with anger I think he would explode. Then, his face turned neutral.
 
“How can you be so sure it's you? Why, is your name kitten? Sorry to break your delusion, jungle cat but it has nothing to do with you. BUT if you touch any of my things again, God forgive me for what I'll do to you. Now, get out!”