The Most Embarrassing Moment

Stubborn Hearts

 

I’ve never really felt being cradled in a person’s arms since my mother died giving birth to me. As I grew up, Dad wasn’t always there. The caregiver was the one who took care of me, and the maids. I felt my body curling into a ball to fit the arms that were holding me right now. I’m feeling really weird. It’s like my body’s floating, like I’m being carried by an angel. Don’t get me wrong but it felt close to heaven or something like that. It feels and smells like heaven. Weird, right?
 
“What happened? Is she alright? Do you think I should call a doctor or-?” Dad’s voice broke into my senses, only faintly.
 
“No need, Sir. She just fainted,” a very familiar voice said. It was too familiar that my eyes snapped open.
 
“KYAA!” I screamed. I’m just dreaming, I’m just dreaming!
 
But no! There’s no mistaking the feel of his arms on me, the smell of his perfume, the sound of his steady breathing and there’s no absolutely mistaking that face! I quickly pulled out of his arms and stepped back. Gah! I can’t believe I actually thought he’s an angel!
 
I felt myself panting like I ran a few good kilometers without resting.
 
“Dara, are you not feeling well? You fainted,” Dad said.
 
No, I’m not feeling well! And I don’t know why I fainted, either. I just know that when he turned around, my heart stopped beating for like two seconds then, when he smirked, my heart doubled up that I felt the blood rushed to my brain, making me dizzy.
 
My eyes looked over him. I noticed a big change in him. His once slightly long blond hair was now gone. In its place was a cropped black hair. The way he dresses changed, too. There’s something formal and y with the way he looked- kya! I just didn’t associate the word y to him, right? No! I refuse and I take that back! He is not y!
 
He’s just uber smexy, a side of my brain giggled.
 
No! Gah!
 
Well, I must admit that the tucked in shirt and folded sleeves were somewhat appealing. I frowned a little as I saw a tattoo on his forearm. But weirdly, I wasn’t disgusted by it. I actually find it- I stopped my train of thoughts. My mind is betraying me! It kept on thinking that he’s y when he’s not! Then, my eyes noticed something sparkly on his ear. Eh? An earring?
 
The obvious change was his body weight. He obviously gained weight, and I think he built some light muscles, too. His new weight actually made him looked ier and hotter.
 
OH-MAI-GAH!
 
No, no, no! I just didn’t find the pest y and hot! No! I refuse! He is not y and he’s definitely not hot and absolutely not cute! I was just surprise, that’s all. I was just taken aback, took off by the moment. “What is he doing here?!” I blurted, eyes never leaving the pest.
 
“Jiyong will be your personal driver from now on.”
 
I started blankly at the both of them. Then, I started laughing. “This is a joke, right?” I laughed.
 
“No, it’s not,” Dad answered.
 
“But Dad, I already got a driver so-“
 
“He’s already old and he told me he’s planning to retire already.”
 
I think I know where all of this is coming from. Dad must be worried about my safety because of what happened to Mr. Shim. But I won’t take the pest as a driver! No freaking way! “But Dad, I don’t need a driver. In case you’ve forgotten, I have a BOYFRIEND. Oppa usually picks me up and drive me to-”
 
“But Wooyoung will not always be available Dara,” Dad reasoned out.
 
Gah! I’m losing my head already! “But why him?” I blurted out. “We can hire someone else.”
 
“We can’t be sure nowadays, Dara. We can’t just trust anyone these days, too. I know Jiyong and I trust him.”
 
“But I don’t trust him,” I pouted.
 
“But I do,” Dad insisted. “I’ll call Wooyoung and tell him to stop picking you up. Starting today, Jiyong will drive you AT ALL TIMES.”
 
“But Dad, I-”
 
“No buts, Dara,” Dad cut me off. He then turned to the pest. “Well, I think everything’s settled now. Do you want anything else?”
 
“Nothing, Sir,” the pest answered.
 
“You can now go to your room. I had it cleaned already.”
 
“Thanks Sir,” the pest answered. He then went on his way without glancing at me. As soon as he was gone, I faced Dad.
 
“Dad, you can’t do this to me!” I said.
 
I started using my technique, but for the first time, it didn’t work. I tried convincing him, talking him out of it but to no avail. I tried begging, pleading, bargaining, blackmailing, in short, I tried everything but it was still of no use
 
Gah! I can’t accept this! What should I do now? Oh, I know! I’ll talk the pest out of it. That’s right!
 
With that thought in mind, I quickly headed towards the pest’s bedroom. As usual, I burst in without knocking. “Ya, pest!” I started but stropped in my tracks as I saw him stepped out of his bathroom, freshly showered with only a towel wrapped around his waist.
 
So I was right. He did build up some muscles, most especially arm muscles. His muscles aren’t as heavy as Woo oppa but it still looked y.
 
No! I just didn’t describe the pest as y! But I was suddenly distracted by his wet hair and the droplets falling off from it down to his temple, to his jaw, down to his bare chest and down to his flat stomach or should I say light abs? He then turned around and went to his closet. I saw a tattoo running along his back.
 
I snapped out of my reverie as I heard him snort. I blinked and realized that he already put a short on, but still shirtless. He hanged up his towel on a rack.
 
“Ya! What are you doing here? I thought you said you’re not coming back anymore?!”
 
He walked towards me and stopped just a few inches from me. He lowered his head to level it with mine. I took a step back, thinking that he’s going to do a prank or something stupid. But he didn’t do anything except look at me.
 
I don’t know how long he’s been looking at me but I just looked back at him. I didn’t even protest or say anything. I just know that as time goes by; my face was becoming more and more flushed with his stare. Then, he straightened up.
 
“Ask your father,” he said and went pass by me. I heard a click and the lights went out, leaving only the lampshade by his bed on. He walked pass by me again and went to his bed. He lied down and reached for the lampshade and turned it off.
 
The darkness brought me back to my senses. I’m afraid of the dark but my irritation took over my fear. I balled my fists. “Ya! How dare you turned the lights off? I’m still talking to you!”
 
“Just lock the door when you leave,” he said. I fumed. I am not about to be shooed away by this pest! I started marching towards his bed through the darkness. But I tripped on something on the floor, sending me stumbling forward. Caught off guard, I wasn’t able to put my hands forward to protect me from the fall. But luckily, I tumbled on the bed, my hands on the side and my face buried in his - - - -
 
OH-MAI-GAH!
 
OH-MAI-GAH!
 
Out of all the parts to land on, my face chose to land on his – no! I can’t even think of that part! Aigoo! My face is no longer ! Kyaa! No! Gah! Why did this happen to me?
 
WHY?!
 
His body jerked as I heard him cursed loudly. The lampshade was . “What the hell are you thinking?!? Burying your face like that in my. . . in my. . .” he burst out, “in there?!” he said instead.
 
I quickly pulled myself up. Ghad! I don’t know how to face him. I can totally feel my face was all red from embarrassment right now.
 
“Are you trying to me?” he asked.
 
What the?! The nerve of this pest is totally unbelievable! With that, I immediately regained my pride. “In your dreams! I tripped! It wasn’t my face’s intention to land on your. . . there!” I burst out and quickly ran away.
 
As soon as I reached my room, I quickly closed it. I clutched my chest, hoping to slow the fast beating of my heart. That’s like, the most embarrassing I ever got myself into! I quickly went to the bathroom and splashed water on my face. But eventhough the water’s cold, I can still feel the heat I felt on his- no! I don’t want to remember it anymore! I want to forget it already!
 
Gah! Please let me forget!!!!
 
Aigoo! How am I supposed to face him tomorrow? Especially now that he’s my driver? Huhuhu. I don’t think I want to wake up tomorrow anymore. I just can’t face him. I can’t, I can’t!
 
Let this all be a dream! Wah!
 
I looked at myself in the mirror and was quite surprised to see myself naughtily smiling. I put my fingers on the edges of my lips, trying to wipe my smile out, but my lips won’t budge!
 
Kya! Stop smiling like that!