To Begin Is To Finish

Stubborn Hearts

 

My head was floating. I know I should not be thinking about it but I can’t help but remember how his lips felt on mine. It was warm, soft, wet, tingling. . .
 
It was all-new to me. Sounds odd, I know. I’ve had my fair share with kissing boys but this time was different- so different, so new, so refreshing. I can’t even wrap my head around what he revealed about himself that much because the kiss was dominating my mind, my thoughts.
 
I cleared my throat, wanting to erase the thoughts swirling in my head. “So, you and Seohyun go a long way back, huh?” I broke the silence, glancing sideways at him. We were in a slow pace, going back to the cottage.
 
“Yes,” he answered. “We’ve been friends since we were kids. She just used to watch me but then, she got interested, too. As far as I know, throughout the history of the. . . the agency I’m in, only six women was able to enter. Seohyun’s one of them.”
 
“Rreally? Is she really that good?”
 
“She is. She’s pretty hardworking, too. She worked her off to enter the agency,” he said, his voice full of pride and respect. But I was uneasy. Eventhough he told me a lot about him, I still feel that he didn’t really tell me everything about him. But I bet Seohyun knows everything about him. Huh!
 
My lips twitched in annoyance. “I’m getting cold. I’ll go ahead,” I said indifferently and quickened my pace. “Stupid pest,” I mumbled darkly.
 
I marched angrily ahead of him. Aish! He’s just so easy to hate. Ugh! I stopped as I heard an amused chuckle behind me. I looked behind me and gave my deadliest glare. He stopped in his tracks, too, just two or three feet from me, wearing an amused look.
 
“What’s funny?” I snapped.
 
He smiled boyishly. “Nothing.”
 
“Stupid pest,” I mumbled and started walking away again, more like stomping, actually.
 
“What did I do this time?” he asked, still sounding amused.
 
My frown deepened. Yes, what did he do wrong? Why am I suddenly irritated? Oh! He kissed me, that’s why. But wait, I wasn’t really irritated a while ago. I didn’t even feel disgusted by the kiss. Argh! What the hell is happening?!? I’m so confused!
 
As I reached the cottage, I saw a note on the door.
 
Ji,
 
Off to grocery. We’re running out of supplies.
 
Hyun
 
I noticed that the note was for the pest ONLY. It’s as if I don’t exist, at least to her.
 
“Oh, looks like we’re all alone for now,” the pest said from behind me. I froze and was about to push the door open. But it won’t budge.
 
“What’s wrong with this thing?” I growled.
 
“It’s locked,” the pest said, totally sounding amused and. . . pleased.
 
Stupid! How can I be so stupid? Ugh!
 
“Here let me,” he said, voice dropping to a whisper. He put his hand over mine on the knob. I jumped a little and pulled my hand out of his grasp. I saw him smirked as he inserted a key in the hole. “Lady’s first?” he said as the door opened, motioning me inside.
 
“Hmph!” I held my chin up high and went straight to my room. As soon as I reached it, I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. I let out a heavy sigh. I shook my head and decided to take a bath.
 
 
Later. . .
 
After putting my undies on, I also grabbed a bathrobe and wore it. I looked at the mirror. Taking a bath turned out to be not such a good idea. The shower reminded me of the waterfalls and when I think of the waterfalls, I can only come up with one word: kiss. Yes, the whole time I was under the shower, all I could think of was the kiss.
 
I’m not usually like that. I didn’t even know I’m capable of responding to a kiss like that. I mean, I’ve been ETERNALLY pulling back if the kiss went over the line. Was my response just a longing to be held and kissed? Or was I just surprise?
 
And then, there’s the question of why I wasn’t disgusted, of why I didn’t get angry, of why I can’t ask him of his reason for kissing me. Could it be that he was just triggered with what I was wearing? There were other questions of course. Like why I let him kiss me, why it felt good among other things. But the most trivial one: why am I craving for more?
 
I need to prove something. I just need to find out something. I walked out of my room, determined. I took a deep breath and knocked. Unbelievable! I don’t knock, especially if it’s the pest’s room. Must be the nerves.
 
“Come in,” an answer came from inside the room. I turned the knob and pushed it open. I silently went inside and closed the door behind me. The pet glanced up briefly then looked down again. He was sitting at the edge of his bed, his elbows leaning on his thighs. My hand flew to my throat as I digested his look. He was once AGAIN, shirtless. I can’t understand why he loves being shirtless, but I don’t really mind, though. But at least, he’s wearing jeans. Seeing his wet hair made me think he also took a shower. He was holding a shoe on one hand and a brush on the other.
 
“Do you want anything?” he asked eyes on what he’s doing. I didn’t answer and just walked across the room, towards him. I took the shoe and the brush out of his hold. He looked up, frowning. I dropped the two items on the floor. I slowly put my hands on his shoulders and climbed on his lap, straddling him, actually. “What are you doing?” he asked sharply, eyes wide.
 
“To finish what you started!” I breathed and reached for his lips. He froze and I can feel the surprise vibrating off him. I ignored this and s my arms from his shoulders up to his neck.
 
He then pushed me away gently. I opened my eyes, breathing heavily. I can feel the heat crawling to my cheeks as he looked at me with those mysterious eyes of him. “My control is not unlimited, you know,” he said in a low voice. “Don’t push it too much, you won’t like it.”
 
I should be scared, right? He’s clearly saying that it’s not good if he lose control. But oddly, that’s exactly what I want to happened. I want him to lose control. I was shocked at the way my thoughts were running. I’m not usually like this.
 
“Jiyong,” I rasped, almost begging. I don’t know what he’d seen in my face or heard in my voice because he let out a helpless groan. Then, slowly, too slowly for my liking, his face descended on mine. And our lips touched again. A sense of overwhelming ease came over me. My eyes closed the same time my lips parted. The kiss was gentle yet firm, consistent. His lips felt the same- warm, soft. I inhaled him in, loving the taste of his breath curling around my tongue. I gave a little shudder as the tip of his tongue traced the shape of my lower lip. Then, it went inside, teasing me. The tips of our tongues met and a fire suddenly exploded inside me, making me gasp.
 
I curled my fingers on his hair tightly, never wanting to let go. But he broke the kiss, making me whimper a little. Then, I felt his nose skidding along my cheeks to my jaw. He stopped at a sensitive spot in my ear and bit it lightly. I took a raspy breath as a shiver waved my body unexpectedly. He proceeded on planting butterfly kisses on my jaw, nibbling a little on the way. He paused at my chin and pulled back. He looked at me first as if asking permission.
 
Without breaking eye contact, I felt his hands moved over to the knot on my robe and untie it. He slowly shrugged the thing off my shoulders, letting it fall on the floor in a heap silently. He put his hands back on my bare waist and buried his face at the right side of my neck. I bit my lower lip, trying to stop myself from making any sound as I felt his lips on my skin again. He started from my neck down to my right shoulder, becoming more intense, making my head spin. I’m sure he’s aiming to leave marks on me, too. He caught the tiny strap of my bra between his teeth and pulled it down my arm. He then went to my left neck and repeated what he did to my right.
 
Both of us were breathing heavily already. My heart went wild as he now went to my throat. I threw my head back and pulled him closer. He leaned towards me, making me bend back. He was now paying attention to my collarbone. My mouth hanged open, feeling useless. With a wild gasp, I pushed him up to straighten myself. With dazed eyes, I looked at the male and caught it in my mouth. I felt his hips jerked forward the same time I heard him gasp. I felt myself smirk at this. I led and bit it, then to ease the sting away. I was about to do the same to its twin but I felt a hand grabbed my hair and I was pulled back up to him, our lips crashing against each other. His hand went around my waist, fingers digging into my skin.
 
This kiss was different- it was edgier, fiercer, hungrier, thirstier and wilder. I opened my mouth wider, matching the intensity of his kiss back. My head angled to the right, my lips devouring him. I moved my hips forward, wanting to get closer to him, unintentionally brushing my core against his length. A grunt came from him and the kiss even intensified. Through my dazed mind, I can’t help but wonder why he hasn’t unclasped my bra yet. But all thoughts were gone as his left hand started rubbing against my back while his right hand went to my thigh, squeezing it.
 
I let go of his hair and slowly slid my hands in between us to unbuckle his belt. After unbuckling it and pulling it off him, I threw it somewhere in the room. My jaw started screaming its protests against me, desperately wanting to stop the strain from kissing him back too intensely. But I ignored it, I ignored the pain because somewhere inside, I knew that I can bear the pain and strain my jaw is suffering but I can’t bear to stop kissing him, responding to him. I don’t want it to stop. I don’t want to break the kiss first. I can’t. Now I understand why he said I won’t like it if he loses control. The evidence of it was my strained jaw.
 
“Jiyong, I got news from- oh my ghaaad!” a voice entered. “Sorry!”
 
We both froze as the door closed again. Looks like the girl is back. Aish! I should have locked the door! And she should have knocked! I heard him sigh, then wrapped his arms tightly around me and slowly stood up, letting me slide down on his body, on my feet. He let go of me then and bent over. The moment he let go of me, I staggered backwards, feeling dizzy. He quickly grabbed my shoulders, steadying me and put my robe back on.
 
“Are you alright?” he whispered huskily.
 
“I. . .I feel dizzy,” I croaked, barely opening my mouth since it felt like I’m having some sort of lock jaw.
 
“You should lie down for a moment then,” he said and scooped me up and put me down on his bed. He then walked out of the room, probably wanting to hear the news from Seohyun and talk to her.
 
Grr. It’s official. I hate the girl.