The Pest Never Fails

Stubborn Hearts

 

“What are you doing?” a stupid voice asked in amusement.
 
I growled in response. “All thanks to you for dropping me a while ago, I can't seem to get use of my beautiful feet and flawless legs for the meantime.”
 
He chuckled. “Flawless? You've got a mark on your leg.”
 
“Oh, shut up! You're totally enjoying this, aren't you?” I snapped. He chuckled again. “Ooh, once I get on my feet, I swear, you'll never see the sunrise again or that stupid blond hair of yours or that idiotic face of yours ever again!”
 
I squealed as I felt myself being lifted off the ground. “What are you doing?” I asked, aghast.
 
“Carrying you to your room,” he answered.
 
“I know that!” I snapped. “But why are. . .? Kyak! Eww! Yuck! Put me down, put me down! Ugh, don't touch me! Waah!”
 
“Stop whining, kitten or I'll drop you again.”
 
“I'd rather crawl than let you touch my precious uninfected skin! Put me down now!!!”
 
He chuckled again. “You're so stubborn.”
 
“What are you chuckling about?” I snapped as he put me down on the bed. As he did, I slapped his hands away from me. “Don't touch me ever again!” I gritted.
 
“Don't be so rude. If you remember, you want something from me. So, be nice.”
 
I glared at him. “I wouldn't ask your help if my life didn't depend on it,” I hissed.
 
“Lie down then turn over,” he said out of nowhere. My eyes widen. I know he's a pest, a stupid, jerk, careless, irritating, annoying and disgusting pest. But I didn't know he's a maniac!
 
Aigoo! Does this mean I was wrong about him not having interest in me? Ah! I knew it! My beauty is just exemplary!!! Haha!
 
“I'm not planning to do anything that's running on your mind. I'm just going to inspect the damage.”
 
I looked at him suspiciously. What is he up to now? There MUST be some underlying prank or trap here. I shouldn't fall into it again! He growled impatiently as I didn't respond. “I'm going to apply an ointment,” he explained.
 
“NO!” I burst out. “I can apply it myself! I won't give you the honor and pleasure of touching me again! You already infected my skin, I don't want to infect it any further! And besides, why would you do that in the first place? We hate each other. For sure, there's so-”
 
“AISH!” he burst out in return, patience running out. “We had a deal that you should follow EVERYTHING I say! And I say lie down and turn over!!” he roared, making me flinch. “Stop being stubborn!” he added.
 
“I'm not stubborn! And-”
 
“Aish!” he growled again and grabbed my shoulders. He pushed me a bit roughly down the bed. Then, he turned me over, but with some gentleness this time. I was now lying on my belly. I felt his hand on my waist and it went down to push up my shirt. I gasped, feeling a tingling sensation. From disgust, I'm sure.
 
“Don't touch-”
 
“SHUT UP!” he snapped. Then, he clicked his tongue. “You've bruised yourself,” he said.
 
“All thanks to you! If you didn't-”
 
“Can't you keep your mouth shut just for a second?”
 
“Ya! How dare you shut me up?!? If you happen to remember, you're just a servant here. You don't have the right to boss me around!”
 
“And if you also happen to remember, you agreed to follow EVERYTHING I say in exchange of me tutoring you. And I say you shut up. If you don't want your father to hold off your card forever, then just do what I say!”
 
I bit my tongue to stop myself from bickering back. As much as I LOATHED admitting it, he was right. I need something from him. I should behave. I've only got one week to spend with his foul mood, ugly face and pestering words.
 
A deafening silence stretched between us as he applied his so-called ointment. There's a warmth feeling and thrilling sensation where his fingers were, sending goose bumps all over me. For sure, it's from disgust. Ugh! I can't believe I'm tolerating this. I swear, after this, I'm gonna spend the whole day in the shower or tub just to brush off the feel and “infection” his hands left on me.
 
“I'll be back in thirty minutes, and then we'll start your lessons-”
 
“Now? But it's Saturday! Saturdays are supposed to be for parties, clubbing, hanging out-”
 
“Yes, now,” he cut off.
 
“Fine!” I rambled.
 
After a while, I felt the pain lessened. Hmm, not bad. I pushed myself up and found out that I can now sit and move without feeling that much pain.
 
“Ready?”
 
I looked up then scowled. “It's already thirty minutes? But I barely-”
 
“You want me to tutor you or not?”
 
The corners of my lips twitched in irritation as I stood up and slowly walked towards my desk.
 
And the agonizing and boring discussion started. “Can't we have a break?” I complained, dropping my face on the desk.
 
He looked at me with disbelief. “We barely even started,” he said.
 
“Barely started? We already covered 3/4 of the book!” I exclaimed, voice rising to hysteria.
 
He chuckled once. “Here, answer this. No cheating. I'm just going to get something,” he said as he gave me a paper and stood up. He was already at the door when he reminded me I should not cheat. Ha! But he wouldn't know, right? How could he? He can't read minds, can he? So, how would he know I cheated? Haha! I'm so brilliant. He he he.
 
 
Later. . .
 
I was lounging comfortably on my chair when the pest entered the room again with an ice cream! My eyes went wide as I felt myself starting to drool for the ice cream.
 
“Tsk, you cheated, didn't you?”
 
“I did not!” I denied.
 
“Yes, you did. I'm sure of it.”
 
“I am not lying! I did not cheat!”
 
“Your ears turn red everytime you lie or you feel guilty or evertyime you did something wrong. And they're as red as tomatoes right now.”
 
My hands went to my ears and they felt warm to my touch.
 
“Tsk, I'm supposed to give this ice cream as a prize, but since you cheated. . .” his voice trailed off.
 
“B-but. . .I. . I can get myself in-”
 
“This is the last one.”
 
“Then I'll retake the exercise!” I blurted out, and then added in a small voice. “Just give me that.”
 
He laughed. “Here,” he said. I grabbed the glass out of his hand and quickly and excitedly spooned for it.
 
After devouring the ice cream in, he gave me a different set of exercises. After taking a VERY LONG time in answering them, he started checking it, shaking his head every now and then. He would then explain the correct answers to me and why my answers were wrong. I started to feel sleepy as his voice droned on and on. I yawned out loudly. Then, I felt my mind starting to wander to dreamland.
 
 
The following morning. . .
 
I climbed out of bed and scratched my head as I went to the bathroom. My eyes widen as I saw my face in the mirror.
 
“KWOON JIYYOONGG!” I shrieked and started marching towards his room, but he wasn't there. I climbed down the stairs and searched for him. I saw him doing his gardening duties. “YA!”
 
He looked up then started laughing.
 
I fumed, balling my fists tightly. “Does my face look like a painting canvass or a coloring book to you?!?”
 
“That's your punishment for sleeping on me last night,” he laughed. “You got to admit, I did a great job,” still, he laughs.
 
“TAKE THIS DIRTY THING OFF MY FACE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!”
 
I saw him redirected the hose to me. I closed my eyes as I suddenly felt cold water hit my face.
 
“KWON JIYONG!”